Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: WHAT ELSE CAN I TELL YOU?  (Read 23745 times)

Andrea

Re:WHAT ELSE CAN I TELL YOU?
« Reply #150 on: January 02, 2004, 04:50:27 PM »

TCB:  I share your confusion over the "made a move" statement regarding DR Jason and Cygopp.  I don't even know how not to be confused over it!

I apologize for the confusion. Having about three hours of sleep every night this week would do it to a girl. I was merely implying that DR Jason was extremely visually pleasing, had I not been otherwise taken by CYGOPP.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2004, 04:56:34 PM by Andrea »

Tomovoz

« Reply #151 on: January 02, 2004, 04:51:00 PM »

And I thought you didn't appreciate all that "blue" Ron!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

MBarnum

« Reply #152 on: January 02, 2004, 04:55:48 PM »

Wow, a lot of posts to go through. I have been on the run since morning...mailed an article to Filmfax and paid my bills, had lunch with my buddie Mark, then went to his house in Wilsonville so that he could show me some stuff he taped off of GIRLS BEHAVING BADLY. He wanted me to watch SYBIL but I declined and went shopping at Frey's where I picked up the DVDs of ODDS AGAINST TOMORROW, JESSE JAMES MEETS FRANKENSTEIN'S DAUGHTER, and LEW GIRLS.

Now I must go finish my grocery shopping!

Yes Jane, my big bro Allen is a great guy! Much older then I am, but one of my favorite brothers! His son (my newphew) Jeffrey is going off to Iraq next month  :(

And so many nice compliments! It could be just that you all need new glasses, however! LOL! But I will take any compliments that I can get! Ha!

Ok, must go and finish shopping then eat dinner and watch Bette Davis in FRONT PAGE WOMAN!

MBarnum

« Reply #153 on: January 02, 2004, 04:57:42 PM »

PS: JRand53 and others have totally made me decide that I need to buy or rent AUNTIE MAME!

Laura II

« Reply #154 on: January 02, 2004, 04:58:56 PM »

DR MBarnum: You're so handsome! Don't be bashful! Plus, you're so nice, which simply enhances your beauty, inside and out!
"I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me."

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #155 on: January 02, 2004, 04:59:35 PM »

I still stick by my opinion that A.I., whether Spielberg's excesses or Kubrick's excesses (and neither filmmaker makes my top ten list.  I think 2001 one of the most  stultifying, drearily boring films I've ever seen.  I also don't think much of Kubrick as a person ever since I heard the Kirk Douglas' story about when they were debating the screen credit for Spartacus...because the film had been written by blacklisted writer Dalton Trumbo...Kubrick without any hesitation or embarrassment volunteered himself for the credit...a moment of overweening hubris that decided Douglas to break the blacklist and give Trumbo credit...But I prefer both Kubrick and Spielberg's earlier work before they became icons and their poop suddenly stopped smelling), ...where was I?...Ah, yes, I stand my ground that A.I. is an indulgent, over-ripe, pretentious, ponderous steaming pile of maudlin manure (I seem to be full of scatological references today).  I found it an empty, emotional void and a lie from start to finish.  And that frigging Teddy Bear...the worst movie creation since the bloody Ewoks. I think possibly one of the all-time worst  movies made by a major filmmaker in the last five years. I wanted to throw things at the screen and hiss and boo.

As for Miles Kreuger, who I know and respect, and Mr. Ken Hanke, who I've emailed corresponded with and respect, I can't quite see Love Me Tonight as the best musical ever made...I give it to Singing in the Rain or The Pirate or a lot of others before that one.  But I believe Miles is a great admirer and was a personal friend of Mr. Reuben Mamoulian, a terrific director, who, I believe, directed the film.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #156 on: January 02, 2004, 05:09:51 PM »

I'm glad Mamoulian didn't direct THE APPLE!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #157 on: January 02, 2004, 05:15:31 PM »

Don Murray and Hope Lange attend the premiere of HEAVEN KNOWS, MR ALLISON, soon after the birth of their son Christopher.

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #158 on: January 02, 2004, 05:19:12 PM »

I just want to make certain I understand your point, Charles Pogue - you don't like AI?  Am I understanding that right?  I just want to make sure I haven't missed your point. :-)

I'll be leaving for home soon.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #159 on: January 02, 2004, 05:20:09 PM »

Oh, and LOVE Singin' in the Rain - the most gloriously happy and thrilling film musical ever made.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #160 on: January 02, 2004, 05:20:54 PM »

Oh, and I'm feeling pretty confident that we will pass 16,000 posts by evening's end.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #161 on: January 02, 2004, 05:30:00 PM »

Bill Murray still leads my list of favorite performances.  I have also missed a good number of movies with all my travels.  We still haven’t seen Return of the King yet.  If I had I’m sure at least one of the actors would be on my list.  Since I read the books I don’t plan to see House of Fog or Cold Mountain.  No matter how great the acting once was enough.

Robert Duvall SECONDHAND LIONS
Cast of HOLES
Sean Penn in MYSTIC RIVER
Cuba Gooding Jr. & Ed Harris in RADIO
The cast of THE STATION AGENT
Derek Luke and Denzel Washington in ANTWONE FISHER, but then I like Denzel Washington in almost anything he does.

Most interesting performance goes to Johnny Depp in PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #162 on: January 02, 2004, 05:31:47 PM »

BK, a steel-trap mind! Zeroed right in on my point.  I was afraid I might have been too obtuse in my meaning.  To paraphrase the glorious Jean Hagan in the most glorious musical ever: "I cain't stand 't!"

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #163 on: January 02, 2004, 05:34:52 PM »

I've decided to see "Return of the King" this evening.

DR Tom of Oz:  You know perfectly well I was totally dazzled by that "blue."

The overwhelming rains seem to have let up and tomorrow promises to be somewhat pretty.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #164 on: January 02, 2004, 05:38:55 PM »

Hawaii is drowning.  At least, that's what it feels like.   Four days of a steady downpour, and no sign of it stopping.  This morning we went for a jog (in the rain) then went to the beach (in the rain) which made me very happy.  Tiana complained that the ocean was too cold...think recently cooled bathtub temp....what a wimp. :)  Then we came home to find that part of her house was starting to flood, so we spend an hour or so sweeping water away from the walls.  It was a very wet day.  But surprisingly fun.  

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #165 on: January 02, 2004, 05:49:11 PM »

LOL.....and to continue to paraphrase Miss Hagen:

"It's nice and loud, isn't it?"

I'm telling you DRAnn - check into that sacrifice!

Tonight at 10 pm EST on TCM:  The Girl Most Likely with Jane Powell, Kaye Ballard, Cliff Robertson, and dances by Gower Champion.

The last film released by RKO!  

"Balboa!  Balboa! Balboa!"
« Last Edit: January 02, 2004, 05:50:48 PM by JRand53 »

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #166 on: January 02, 2004, 06:02:29 PM »

It's very cold here in Olympia.  I don't know if it's going to snow or actually freeze, but it's cold outside and I'm cold inside.  Okay, I have to admit that I have my thermostat set at about 60-65 degrees.  My mother's voice saying "put a sweater on" rings in my ears to this day...except that I don't actually put on a sweater.  I put up with the cold and complain that I'm cold.  It's a curse.  Pity me.

Driving home from Seattle last night, I hit a patch of black ice and slid a little bit.  I didn't really lose control, but I don't ever recall driving on black ice before.  Real ice, yes.  A pick-up truck that was ahead of me but one late to the right, slid a lot before regaining control.  That was pretty scary.

So now I'm going to go to bed.  Jed, you said that you only got two hours sleep?  Well, I woke up yesterday at about 9:30 or so (I'm not exactly sure when, it was yesterday, I don't remember those kinds of details)...anyway, I'm still up.  I didn't even take a nap.  I have no idea why.  So, I'm going to eat my Subway sandwich, finish my diet Pepsi (from Subway) then go to sleep.  I have to get up at 6:00 in the morning, so I better start sleeping now...well, after I eat.  
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #167 on: January 02, 2004, 06:02:50 PM »

I am back in the home environment.  Have to eat something, then I shall post until the cows come home.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #168 on: January 02, 2004, 06:14:12 PM »

There....now I have a new pic!   ;D

Of course it's not me....it's not even DRMBARNUM....it is Gordon Scott!  8)

Tomovoz

« Reply #169 on: January 02, 2004, 06:23:38 PM »

Are you sure it's not MBarnum?
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #170 on: January 02, 2004, 06:28:42 PM »

Must now check out. I am off to a "Wild party". The birthday of a one year old. No doubt she will be behaving for her great uncle Tom. Someone has to inherit my collection of BK produced Cds. Beware I may post photographs of the beautiful Juliette.
James Thurber 1957

Jennifer

« Reply #171 on: January 02, 2004, 06:38:12 PM »

Oh DR Emily: I love part one of the Hussies tales. Sounds great! Can't wait to read part two.

Btw, what is "vetted"?

I don't know if anyone asked Emily to take off her photo. But we are all so in love with the cartoon version of her. It just makes me so happy to look at!

td

• td
« Reply #172 on: January 02, 2004, 06:39:25 PM »

I just want to make certain I understand your point, Charles Pogue - you don't like AI?  Am I understanding that right?  I just want to make sure I haven't missed your point. :-)

I'll be leaving for home soon.  

Well, BK, now that I spit Diet Coke across my monitor, I've got to say, "It's hard to like a steaming pile of horse and/or cow dung, isn't it?"

I am already home, and am listening to a beautiful Christmas gift which came in today's mail:
Cam Clarke's solo cd of man-to-man love songs.
Tomovoz - you've gotta get this one, if only for the superb version of "Son of a Preacher Man."

Any man who can sing Janis Ian's "Jesse" as well as this man can do virtually no wrong in my book.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2004, 06:41:47 PM by td »
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Jennifer

« Reply #173 on: January 02, 2004, 06:41:36 PM »

Oh I love that pic of Tarzan!

Oh poor DR Ann: I'm so sorry it's raining. Let's give DR Ann good weather sunshine vibes!

Okay I'm off now. I hope everyone has a great night.

I was feeling a bit out of this morning. But I am feeling a fair amount better now. Thanks everyone.

Robin

« Reply #174 on: January 02, 2004, 06:50:07 PM »

Here, in my FIRST, and hopefully not LAST post on this wunnerful, wunnerful website, my favorite acting performances of 2003.

In no particular order...

Crispin Glover in WILLARD.  Didn't like the movie much, though.  
Johnny Depp and Geoffrey Rush in PIRATES OF THE CARRIBEAN.  They seemed to be neck-and-neck in this year's Overacting Olympics, but it worked just fine in this movie.
Alec Baldwin in THE COOLER.  What could've been a routine indie film is really brought up quite a bit by Mr. Baldwin's performance.
Chiwetel Eljiofor (sp?) in DIRTY PRETTY THINGS.  
Bruce Campbell in BUBBA HO-TEP.
Jason Isaacs in PETER PAN.  
Jason Priestly in DIE, MOMMIE, DIE!  Who'd've thought it?  The kid steals the show.
Robert Duvall in OPEN RANGE.
Mankind needs God...like fish need bicycles!

td

• td
« Reply #175 on: January 02, 2004, 06:54:20 PM »

May I say:  WELCOME ROBIN ANDERSON and give some karma for that first (but certainly not last) post!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #176 on: January 02, 2004, 06:58:16 PM »

td - you Wolf Dog, you!

Welcome DRRobinAnderson!

td

• td
« Reply #177 on: January 02, 2004, 07:00:40 PM »

td - you Wolf Dog, you!

so, are you gonna send Tarzan to come and tame me? ? ?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #178 on: January 02, 2004, 07:06:29 PM »

As promised, but I am not sure how anticipated - first here is zaftig Holly, the computer Sharpei!   ;D

« Last Edit: January 02, 2004, 07:08:17 PM by JRand53 »

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #179 on: January 02, 2004, 07:08:09 PM »

Welcome, Dear Reader Robin Anderson.  Now that you've posted once, post again and again!

If you're like everyone else around here, you probably have been lurking for a while and know all about us, but we don't know anything about you.  Do share a brief bio with us:  where you're located, what you do, what brought you to the site, etc., etc., etc.  (Oh, a The King and I reference.)  In other words, spill your guts.
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up