Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58   Go Down

Author Topic: ON THE SUBJECT OF OSCAR  (Read 73897 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re: ON THE SUBJECT OF OSCAR
« Reply #1680 on: February 22, 2009, 11:42:17 PM »

any insights der brucer....

so Fletcher was curled up on the couch
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #1681 on: February 22, 2009, 11:42:52 PM »

Page 57 dance because I can... and it is not often that we get to say that
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #1682 on: February 22, 2009, 11:42:57 PM »

Has any of your music ever been used in a movie and been nominated for an award bk?

That would be a big no, although the songs from Nudie Musical were eligible and members of the music branch had to sit through the movie, which tickled me.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #1683 on: February 22, 2009, 11:43:29 PM »

Well, gee, der Brucer, how did you ever manage to post during the festivities of years past, which I pretty much recall you doing?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #1684 on: February 22, 2009, 11:43:37 PM »

86 more posts to 14000

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #1685 on: February 22, 2009, 11:43:42 PM »

At long last page fifty-seven.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #1686 on: February 22, 2009, 11:43:45 PM »

der Brucer is clearly not interested enough to post.  He just sits there like so much fish, and probably takes delight in doing so.

I started posting over an hour ago - it just takes time to catch-up.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #1687 on: February 22, 2009, 11:43:48 PM »

I find it interesting George that not many watch the soaps but they watch Desperate Housewives, which IMHO has many soap operatic overtures

"Desperate Housewives" is an evening show and only has one episode per week.  It's much more easy to keep up with it than a show that's on five times a week. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #1688 on: February 22, 2009, 11:44:20 PM »

Will we never get to page fifty-eight.  If we could get to page sixty we'd be close to getting in second place.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #1689 on: February 22, 2009, 11:44:32 PM »

I wonder that also bk, how did he do it

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #1690 on: February 22, 2009, 11:45:14 PM »

It could happen someday bk....

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #1691 on: February 22, 2009, 11:46:50 PM »

Welcome six GUESTS.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #1692 on: February 22, 2009, 11:46:58 PM »

George, which housewife do you like on that show....

Bree is icy and calculating... I like Eva Longoria's character

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #1693 on: February 22, 2009, 11:47:02 PM »

Notes are written and will go up right at midnight.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #1694 on: February 22, 2009, 11:48:03 PM »

Well, gee, der Brucer, how did you ever manage to post during the festivities of years past, which I pretty much recall you doing?

Simple - I didn't watch much of the show - just listened (and also did some room-to-room bouncing, which is getting a bit much for these tired bones)

der Brucer

George

« Reply #1695 on: February 22, 2009, 11:48:56 PM »

George, which housewife do you like on that show....

Bree is icy and calculating... I like Eva Longoria's character

I just like the show.  I don't usually play favorites. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #1696 on: February 22, 2009, 11:49:55 PM »

George did you like all the snow that seattle has gotten this winter. My cousin is not amused....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #1697 on: February 22, 2009, 11:51:02 PM »

The show is interesting....

I just dont have time to watch the telly at night since I work

George

« Reply #1698 on: February 22, 2009, 11:51:36 PM »

George did you like all the snow that seattle has gotten this winter. My cousin is not amused....

Well, I only got stuck in the snow only one time and since I only live one mile from where I work and it's all flat driving, I had no problem. ;D

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #1699 on: February 22, 2009, 11:54:12 PM »

You are lucky... My cousin lives in WEst SEattle and she said there were some entertaining driving experiences...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #1700 on: February 22, 2009, 11:56:46 PM »

Her daughters Dalmations enjoyed teh snow...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #1701 on: February 22, 2009, 11:57:55 PM »

They engage in Animal REscue.... They have four dalmations.. Two have health issues, one has behavioural issues and the other one they decided to keep. That one is quite the character.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #1702 on: February 22, 2009, 11:57:59 PM »

My biggest complaint with this evening's show was that it was an utter failure at what should have been its prime mission - drum up business for the current crop of films. For instance, I didn't see one clip of Viola Davis in Doubt, and saw very little of Slumdog. I've seen more about Frost/Nixon on TV ads than I did on the Oscar show. Surely each of the four acting nominations deserve meaningful clips of the performances.

I had no fault with the change in format - but was appalled at the poor execution of much of the show. Hugh Jackman was totally wasted (as in "poorly utilized" not "drunk"). It was also apparent that the director's were oblivious to what their show was looking like on the nation's TV sets. For many of the montages I kept thinking "what was the point of that?"

der Brucer

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #1703 on: February 22, 2009, 11:58:42 PM »

Getting sleepy in my end...

George

« Reply #1704 on: February 22, 2009, 11:58:58 PM »

You are lucky... My cousin lives in WEst SEattle and she said there were some entertaining driving experiences...

I would not ever want to live in Seattle.  I love visiting, but I wouldn't want the hills.

George

« Reply #1705 on: February 23, 2009, 12:00:00 AM »

DERBRUCER

« Reply #1706 on: February 23, 2009, 12:00:54 AM »

I must admit, at the end of the opening number my reaction was "There will be a pile of vomit on the ground in Studio City!".

der Brucer

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #1707 on: February 23, 2009, 12:01:29 AM »

With me at work, I was lucky that I missed out on some of the show.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #1708 on: February 23, 2009, 12:02:44 AM »

I really am trying to post but feel oddly tired

DERBRUCER

« Reply #1709 on: February 23, 2009, 12:03:18 AM »

So, do we push for page 58?

der Brucer
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58   Go Up