Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SCHEME OF THINGS  (Read 27419 times)

Ben

Re:THE SCHEME OF THINGS
« Reply #90 on: November 30, 2006, 12:51:03 PM »

I'm checkin' out. I will be in and out over the next month but I probably won't be posting. I'll be at Actors Equity on weekdays filling gift bags for people with AIDS (till December 15th) and then to the Berkshires for a few days and then back to NY/Long Island for Christmas with Anthony (sounds like a cable television movie).

See ya!

FJL

« Reply #91 on: November 30, 2006, 12:54:49 PM »

Ben - We got your beautiful card.  We may not be sending cards out until after we're back from California, but just wanted to say thanks to you and Anthony for the lovely wishes.  

Ginny

« Reply #92 on: November 30, 2006, 01:04:09 PM »

Ben - have a great month off!  At least your voice will still be at work at the Center.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #93 on: November 30, 2006, 01:16:22 PM »

That's usually what happens to me when I think of ALW!   ;D

Hahahahahaha!  Good one, DR JMK!  ;D
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #94 on: November 30, 2006, 01:21:19 PM »

Another lunch that ran into the mid-afternoon thus limiting the amount of shows I could view.

I finished the CSI: MIAMI DVD in the player. This episode was the one where men are being taught how to pick up women, and one of them is killed. One of Dom DeLuise's sons was the murder victim.

Matt H.

« Reply #95 on: November 30, 2006, 01:24:06 PM »

Then, I put in PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: THE CURSE OF THE BLACK PEARL.

With the sequel coming out on DVD next week, I wanted to refamiliarize myself with the story and characters. THough I saw the first film in the theater, and watched this DVD a time or two, I had almost no memory of it. I got about 70 minutes of it watched this afternoon, and it was almost like seeing it for the first time. I can't think of another film of the last five years that for some reason leaves no lingering memory in my brain after I've watched it several times.

Tomovoz

« Reply #96 on: November 30, 2006, 01:30:03 PM »

In this backward land of Oz the sequel was out on DVD two weeks ago!  Most odd. (And it was thoroughly enjoyable). Yo Ho Ho
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #97 on: November 30, 2006, 01:39:24 PM »

Very sad news for film music fans:

Shirley Walker, composer of scores to such movies/TV series as "Memoirs of an Invisible Man" and "The Flash", "Space: Above and Beyond" et. al., died last night of a brain aneurysm.  She was 61.

Shirley Walker was that rare commodity in music composition -- the American female composer.  She was accessible and friendly and glad to share information with anyone interested in her "process" of composing.

I was privileged to communicate with her from time to time, getting responses from her as often as I'd get replies from her assistant.  

It's always a shock when someone you know or admire passes away suddenly.

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matt H.

« Reply #98 on: November 30, 2006, 01:39:28 PM »

In this backward land of Oz the sequel was out on DVD two weeks ago!  Most odd. (And it was thoroughly enjoyable). Yo Ho Ho

I was going to the theater to see the new one, but some friends who saw it ahead of me said to skip paying to see it in the theater and just get the DVD, so I took them at their word.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #99 on: November 30, 2006, 01:40:13 PM »

In Oz, what with you being backwards and all, shouldn't that last remark been "Ho Ho Yo"?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matt H.

« Reply #100 on: November 30, 2006, 01:40:38 PM »

Looks like I picked the right time to stop watching 3 LBS. CBS has yanked the show from its schedule effective immediately and is not going to film any further episodes (8 have been filmed already and three shown on-air).

Tomovoz

« Reply #101 on: November 30, 2006, 01:43:08 PM »

I'd heard that Pirates II was II long. Not for me - lots of fun and great set ups.

Nor Sknaht.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #102 on: November 30, 2006, 01:54:41 PM »

I'd heard that Pirates II was II long. Not for me - lots of fun and great set ups.

Nor Sknaht.

You are most very welcome!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #103 on: November 30, 2006, 01:55:48 PM »

That's usually what happens to me when I think of ALW!   ;D

:o

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #104 on: November 30, 2006, 02:01:49 PM »

Back for but a moment, and the moment is done.  I shall not, methinks, be eating after the rehearsal this evening, so I should be getting home right after ten.

George

« Reply #105 on: November 30, 2006, 02:02:18 PM »

Meanwhile....get all your towels and place them on the rug....and do the "watusi" all over the floor....then take up the towels and toss them in your dryer.   After they dry, repeat the procedure until the carpet seems to have recovered.

Well, I'm still using the steam cleaner to suck up the water.  When I leave for final dress rehearsal tonight, I'll put down the towels.  Thanks for the tip. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #106 on: November 30, 2006, 02:04:26 PM »

I sent an e-mail and they said that they "put a call into Doris and [will] have her take a look at it this morning. Depending on the cause, will depend on if the HOA will cover it or not. Regardless, we will get it looked at as quickly as possible."

It's now almost 2:00 pm and there has been no contact from Doris at all. >:( The neighbors who lent me the steam cleaner said that Doris is not very efficient. ::) She's the only person who takes care of this whole 92-unit complex.  I want to find my purchase papers to see what the previous owners disclosed, because I don't remember seeing anything liket this listed.  AND I don't seem to have any broken pipes!  ALL of my faucets (inside and outside) work fine, as do my dishwasher and washing machine.  I'm hoping that this is not something that I'm going to have to pay for...I hope.

George

« Reply #107 on: November 30, 2006, 02:07:37 PM »

I suspect beared Cannibals in Fishnet Hose and High Heels have a limited fan base from which to draw.

der Brucer

;D   ;D

Except that I'm not bearded any more.  I've shaved so that my characterization of the Indian will be more believable. ;)

FJL

« Reply #108 on: November 30, 2006, 02:16:50 PM »

Amazing how TV shows get yanked so fast these days.  No chance to build an audience.  Odd that in the theater these days, the opposite is true - shows don't close in a week the way they used to, but theater producers tend to hold on hoping for business to turn around.

Will they show the remaning 3 LBS on the internet?

George

« Reply #109 on: November 30, 2006, 02:18:26 PM »

DR George - sorry about your soggy carpet.

Thanks. :)

George

« Reply #110 on: November 30, 2006, 02:18:46 PM »

I had a similar thing happen in my first apartment.  It was on the ground level next to the laundry room and someone let a washer overflow  :P

Let the horror stories commence!! ;D

George

« Reply #111 on: November 30, 2006, 02:19:16 PM »

Back to the carpet...

:P

Ginny

« Reply #112 on: November 30, 2006, 02:32:03 PM »

Must be time to go home, my computer here at work just got all wiggy.

Bye for now!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #113 on: November 30, 2006, 02:47:17 PM »

Then, I put in PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: THE CURSE OF THE BLACK PEARL.

With the sequel coming out on DVD next week, I wanted to refamiliarize myself with the story and characters. THough I saw the first film in the theater, and watched this DVD a time or two, I had almost no memory of it. I got about 70 minutes of it watched this afternoon, and it was almost like seeing it for the first time. I can't think of another film of the last five years that for some reason leaves no lingering memory in my brain after I've watched it several times.
Clearly, we need to have a new catagory of films, of which POTC:TCOTBP will be the lead -

The Teflon Film A Film that is highly successful, yet nothing sticks.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #114 on: November 30, 2006, 02:50:48 PM »

Let the horror stories commence!! ;D

It was a dark and stormy night...
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #115 on: November 30, 2006, 02:51:57 PM »

Gosh, George. I sure hope the cause of the water if found. And I sure hope that someone else is at fault so that you don't have to pay for it. It seems to me that you shouldn't have to if the water comes from someone else's condo.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Matt H.

« Reply #116 on: November 30, 2006, 02:53:44 PM »

Amazing how TV shows get yanked so fast these days.  No chance to build an audience.  Odd that in the theater these days, the opposite is true - shows don't close in a week the way they used to, but theater producers tend to hold on hoping for business to turn around.

Will they show the remaning 3 LBS on the internet?

Actually, it depends on the network. CBS right now is in the catbird seat with every night of the week strong, but they have a couple of problematic timeslots in their hit schedule, so they don't sit still for substandard ratings for very long in those slots. They can afford to be picky.

Fox and NBC, on the other hand, have lots of shows with lower ratings than 3 LBS. but they're not in a position of strength and thus give shows more time to hopefully build an audience.

There has been no word yet on what CBS will do with the episodes of 3 LBS. that have not aired.

Matt H.

« Reply #117 on: November 30, 2006, 02:55:06 PM »

I'm heading down now to clean the bedroom areas and then will get back to the adventures of Capt. Jack Sparrow.

WBBL.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #118 on: November 30, 2006, 03:27:19 PM »

Well, I'm packed for LA.  I'm still writing, as I figure I shall be for the next 3-4 days.  I've called my dad and checked in with him, and I have some addressed to print out before I consider the East Coast shop closed.

Back later!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #119 on: November 30, 2006, 03:40:53 PM »

I'm sorry TCB is not on line to read all the comments about his favourite show "Evita"

VEL-VITA
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up