Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE PLUNGER SISTERS  (Read 11176 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: THE PLUNGER SISTERS
« Reply #120 on: June 13, 2012, 03:05:44 PM »

I'm feeling rather depressed today probably because I picked up Sherlock & brought him home.  When the snow melts on Mt. Ashland we will take him to be with Echo.

My thoughts are with you both.

Thank you.  At least the broken pipe has been replaced.

Jane

« Reply #121 on: June 13, 2012, 03:06:16 PM »

{{{{{Hugs}}}}} for DR Jane...

Thanks. 

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #122 on: June 13, 2012, 03:10:21 PM »

The whole day has been quite frustrating; first, there was the mess gettinhg downtown. Then, I went to the NYPL for a frustrating hour of not finding what I hoped to find on Historic Newspapers Online. Then i wwent to the post office to pick up the package the postman didn't leave on Monday. After a 20 minute search, I was told they cannot find the package. I got back here, had an hour and 15 ninute phone conversation with the fantastic condictor David Brophy, and I someone lept calling me and screwing up the phone call. Strangely, the incoming call did not go to the answering machine, which concerns me, but it also caused the phone to behave badly.  Speakingof behaving badly, during my 20 minute wait at the post office, an obnoxious mother who needs to train her child let this awful little girl run around from window to wind playing with the credit card meters, screaming, playing with the terminals for drpping off mail and packages. If there's a God, He will make that kid into a rug. Soon. He's already made the mother a vegetable.

It sounds like the darling cherubs next door!  Today, for the first time, they saw that I was in a wheelchair.  LOL!  It looked like it might have scared the Hell out of them.

How old are the cherubs next door?  You think it wouldn't be a knew experience for them.

I would say that they are between maybe four and six.  They looked quite wide-eyed when I rolled in from therapy.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

« Reply #123 on: June 13, 2012, 03:19:29 PM »

They are still kind of young. 

Are you driving yourself to PT or still getting driven there?

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #124 on: June 13, 2012, 03:43:16 PM »

Hopefully if driving you're taking a PT Cruiser.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #125 on: June 13, 2012, 03:47:58 PM »

My mom has an LED flashlight that she loves because it's so small but powerful.  The thing runs on SIX watch batteries! 

How big is her flashlight?  I have one I use at night that uses 3 AAA batteries.

Mom's flashlight is just 2" but it throws a strong bright beam across the room.  She uses it carefully cause the batteries last but I have to buy them in bulk on-line.  They run $4.95 a piece at Radio Schack!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaďs Nin

Danise

« Reply #126 on: June 13, 2012, 03:53:26 PM »

Hi all.  Thank you for the posts about my friend.  It's so funny that I almost never go to that site anymore but something told me to go last night. 

I think the last time I posted was months back, just a hello to anyone who still remembered me.  It's was a night I couldn't sleep and was just jumping around the net.   To be honest, I forgot I posted there until a couple of weeks maybe even months later and by then I was to embarrassed to go back and see who answered me.  Now, I feel kinda bad because if she (or anyone else) posted, I didn't answer.

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #127 on: June 13, 2012, 03:55:16 PM »

You really never know.  The DENNIS THE MENACE musical got nice notices, it just was marketed strangely..

I wish them well.  You just really never know what can hit. 

Who knew INSIDE OUT (which I'd really liked, and IIRC Jan Maxwell was in) would get a great Times review off-Broadway.

And look, yet another ANNIE revival this Fall.

ANNIE has managed to come into it's own--the majority of today's theater-goers don't know Little Orphan Annie from the Toonerville Trolly. 
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaďs Nin

Danise

« Reply #128 on: June 13, 2012, 03:56:56 PM »

((((((Hugs to DR Jane)))))))  I will never forget when I went to get Bear.  They handed him to me in a what looked like a gift bag.  I don't know why that hurt so badly but it did.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #129 on: June 13, 2012, 04:04:20 PM »

In the "from practically out of nowhere department" (but actually from today's column):

When you live on the fourth floor of a condominium, you find yourself more closely attuned to the need for a plunger.  Water pressure is sometimes too low...or, rather...lower than is needed for plumbing to work efficiently.  Then comes the blockage and the need to plunge.

If you get my drift.

Yes, the plunger is a nice thing to have.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #130 on: June 13, 2012, 04:14:41 PM »

They are still kind of young. 

Are you driving yourself to PT or still getting driven there?

No, I haven't driven since the first of January.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #131 on: June 13, 2012, 04:15:47 PM »

Is the Nook the one from Barnes and Noble?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #132 on: June 13, 2012, 04:16:58 PM »

Hopefully if driving you're taking a PT Cruiser.

G   R   O   A   N   !
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #133 on: June 13, 2012, 04:19:23 PM »

In the "from practically out of nowhere department" (but actually from today's column):

When you live on the fourth floor of a condominium, you find yourself more closely attuned to the need for a plunger.  Water pressure is sometimes too low...or, rather...lower than is needed for plumbing to work efficiently.  Then comes the blockage and the need to plunge.

If you get my drift.

Yes, the plunger is a nice thing to have.

Is the fourth floor the top floor, or are you between two floors?
“One thing’s universal,

Danise

« Reply #134 on: June 13, 2012, 04:23:56 PM »

In house news, I got an email from Sergio giving me a phone number for an AC company.  They are going to come out next Thursday and have a look at my system since I have to keep going up and draining the pan about every 2 weeks.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

« Reply #135 on: June 13, 2012, 04:25:42 PM »

My mom has an LED flashlight that she loves because it's so small but powerful.  The thing runs on SIX watch batteries! 

How big is her flashlight?  I have one I use at night that uses 3 AAA batteries.

Mom's flashlight is just 2" but it throws a strong bright beam across the room.  She uses it carefully cause the batteries last but I have to buy them in bulk on-line.  They run $4.95 a piece at Radio Schack!

I don't think I've seen one like that.  Mine is a little bigger but still on the smallish side.

Jane

« Reply #136 on: June 13, 2012, 04:26:40 PM »

((((((Hugs to DR Jane)))))))  I will never forget when I went to get Bear.  They handed him to me in a what looked like a gift bag.  I don't know why that hurt so badly but it did.

No matter how they handed him to you it would have hurt just as bad.

Jane

« Reply #137 on: June 13, 2012, 04:27:06 PM »

Yes.

Jane

« Reply #138 on: June 13, 2012, 04:27:42 PM »

In house news, I got an email from Sergio giving me a phone number for an AC company.  They are going to come out next Thursday and have a look at my system since I have to keep going up and draining the pan about every 2 weeks.

I hope that can be fixed.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #139 on: June 13, 2012, 04:27:50 PM »

Great news!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #140 on: June 13, 2012, 04:30:02 PM »

Also, when I watched Anderson's rerun of your show, I noticed that he clearly stated that they (his show) was going to follow up on your story, as would Amy's List, or Agnus' list, or whatever.
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #141 on: June 13, 2012, 04:34:57 PM »

DR JRand and others who may be interested:  here's some footage from Roundabout's

HARVEY

A little bit of Sheldon shows up now and then, but I think Jim Parsons does a good job of keeping him in check.  Notice, too, the incidental music - reminded me of the theme from SIX FEET UNDER, but a little more chipper.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #142 on: June 13, 2012, 04:35:33 PM »

I need to take a walk to the mail box.  I'll be back in awhile.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #143 on: June 13, 2012, 04:44:35 PM »

Started listening to the new John Irving novel, "In One Person," about a bisexual author looking back on his life. It covers a lot of the same themes of earlier Irving works, which means I'm enjoying it at lot. It also has a fun storyline about community theater.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 05:32:58 PM by John G. »
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #144 on: June 13, 2012, 04:46:02 PM »

Great news!

Yes!  Very good news!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #145 on: June 13, 2012, 04:51:05 PM »

DR JRand and others who may be interested:  here's some footage from Roundabout's

HARVEY

A little bit of Sheldon shows up now and then, but I think Jim Parsons does a good job of keeping him in check.  Notice, too, the incidental music - reminded me of the theme from SIX FEET UNDER, but a little more chipper.

I've never seen SIX FEET UNDER, but the music reminded me a bit of Schmidt & Jones' The Fantasticks. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Danise

« Reply #146 on: June 13, 2012, 04:55:14 PM »

Thank you all for the good wishes.  :)  Glad to read that your pipes got fixed, DR Jane. 
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #147 on: June 13, 2012, 05:01:46 PM »

I've been thinking about getting a Nook or a Kindle but since I have the app on my Itouch (even though it's 4 years old now) I just can's seem to be able to justify the cost.

In other news, I learned that the iPhone is coming to my carrier--Virgin Mobile!   Since I just bought the slider phone I can't really justify getting the iPhone either, badly as I want one. Pardon me for a moment (Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.  Ahhhhhhh.  Errrrrrrrr)
Ok, I'm back.  Not sure I feel any better about it but I'm here. 
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

John G.

« Reply #148 on: June 13, 2012, 05:19:49 PM »

"The Killing" finally came in at the library. It's the American version, but it's fun and addictive.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #149 on: June 13, 2012, 05:20:01 PM »

One more.
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up