Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: FULLY CAST  (Read 14903 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: FULLY CAST
« Reply #150 on: February 26, 2010, 04:42:11 PM »

It's stupid and petty. He was not threatening me. He just wouldn't quit calling.

It is still harassment & he had to be stopped.  I hope he believed the police officer.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #151 on: February 26, 2010, 04:46:22 PM »

Well, it's apparently - wait for it - an AOL server problem.  And when one goes directly to AOL.com and tries to log in to one's various accounts, one gets an error message saying they are having a technical issue.  It's been happening repeatedly for the last three weeks - if I didn't have four of these accounts (which I don't pay for) and could switch all this over to gmail, I would.  But it's too much work and too hard.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #152 on: February 26, 2010, 04:50:27 PM »

Yu-Na skated a majestic and difficult program, but I still don't quite see the magic. Maybe I'll get it after I've watched it a few more times. She's effortless and beautiful, but I don't get the same thrill I got when watching Michelle Kwan at her best.

At Michelle's best in the Olympics?  I find I enjoy many of the skaters more once they have matured some, even if they don't jump as high. 

Ginny

« Reply #153 on: February 26, 2010, 05:07:08 PM »

Richard and I went to a local Roman Catholic parish's fish fry for dinner tonight and got home just as the snow was beginning to accumulate.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #154 on: February 26, 2010, 05:32:57 PM »

I had asked a while ago if anyone watched the Jada Pinkett Smith show HAWTHORNE. I didn't expect to, but i love this show. I can't believe how likeable she is. And it also features ALIAS alum Michael Vartan, who i also love on the show!

A friend of mine really likes this show.  She doesn't have cable, so I recorded the episodes for her.  And she LOVES Michael Vartan.  I watched a bit of the show as I was recording it and burning it onto discs, and it just didn't grab me.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #155 on: February 26, 2010, 06:26:37 PM »

OK, I think I have figured out the photo posting. Here's a test of an African fish eagle I saw while on safari in Botswana last year. If this works, thank you, DR Jose.

“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #156 on: February 26, 2010, 06:27:57 PM »

So Carley Simon has fessed up that David Geffen was the actual inspiration for "You're So Vain".  That revelation was incredibly disappointing...

Not to mention dull.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #157 on: February 26, 2010, 06:32:45 PM »

Beautiful bird photos -- both John's bird and Jane's ring-neck ducks. Ring-necks are common out here in the winter. They'll be leaving soon.

What kind of bird do you have, John?

He's a goffin's cockatoo. He's also a self-mutilator, which explains the bare spot.
― Voltaire

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #158 on: February 26, 2010, 06:33:16 PM »

That's a great picture of the eagle, John! 
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Laura

« Reply #159 on: February 26, 2010, 06:36:15 PM »

Great photo, JohnG!
"That's a lotta hamsters."

John G.

« Reply #160 on: February 26, 2010, 06:53:57 PM »

That's a great picture of the eagle, John! 

Thanks. I have a few more from the trip I may post in the next few days to get used to the format.
― Voltaire

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #161 on: February 26, 2010, 07:10:05 PM »

DR Jane, I hope your pain can be gotten under control sooner rather than later. Having endured pain far longer than I wanted last fall, I know how much you must long to be pain free or at least be making some noticeable progress toward becoming pain free. My thoughts and hopes are with you as you continue to work toward that goal.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #162 on: February 26, 2010, 07:10:52 PM »

Well, it's apparently - wait for it - an AOL server problem.  And when one goes directly to AOL.com and tries to log in to one's various accounts, one gets an error message saying they are having a technical issue.  It's been happening repeatedly for the last three weeks - if I didn't have four of these accounts (which I don't pay for) and could switch all this over to gmail, I would.  But it's too much work and too hard.

I have four accounts on AOL and haven't had one bit of trouble accessing mine. How odd.

Laura

« Reply #163 on: February 26, 2010, 07:12:12 PM »

Please do post them, John G.

Matt H.

« Reply #164 on: February 26, 2010, 07:13:00 PM »

Yu-Na skated a majestic and difficult program, but I still don't quite see the magic. Maybe I'll get it after I've watched it a few more times. She's effortless and beautiful, but I don't get the same thrill I got when watching Michelle Kwan at her best.

At Michelle's best in the Olympics?  I find I enjoy many of the skaters more once they have matured some, even if they don't jump as high. 

Michelle skated a beautiful long program at the 1998 games, but it wasn't completely flawless (there was a tiny hitch with her triple flip). That same program was spellbinding at Nationals where she handily beat Tara Lipinski. At the Olympics, Tara beat her.

Matt H.

« Reply #165 on: February 26, 2010, 07:16:23 PM »

I have watched a total of 14 HAVE GUN WILL TRAVEL episodes today; 9 of them were watched tonight. They kind of blur in the mind, but one was certainly unusual:

Paladin running into Phileas Fogg and his cohorts from AROUND THE WORLD IN EIGHTY DAYS. Of course, David Niven, Cantinflas, and Shirley MacLaine were nowhere to be seen (Patric Knowles played Fogg), but it was kind of an odd, different episode for the show.

Matt H.

« Reply #166 on: February 26, 2010, 07:17:16 PM »

Another one had Jeanette Nolan as the female sheriff of a town where the citizens were bullying her. It was one of the comic episodes of the half season.

Matt H.

« Reply #167 on: February 26, 2010, 07:19:09 PM »

Other guest stars on display: Don Grady, Denver Pyle, Parker Fennelly, Lou Antonio, William Talman, Hari Rhodes, Brett Somers, Jack Weston, Peter Falk, Warren Oates, and Andrew Prine.

Also, Robert Blake and George Kennedy both showed up again as guest stars playing different characters from their appearances earlier in the season!

Matt H.

« Reply #168 on: February 26, 2010, 07:20:08 PM »

I only had a few minutes left, so I began rewatching the final flight of ladies skaters from last night. I only got Rachael and Miki watched, so tomorrow I'll get to see Yu-Na's program again.

Matt H.

« Reply #169 on: February 26, 2010, 07:21:24 PM »

I only have five episodes left of HAVE GUN WILL TRAVEL, and there are no bonus features, so it looks like I'm going to have tomorrow night free. Maybe that's when I can get the long programs for the ladies transferred over to a DVD-R.

Jennifer

« Reply #170 on: February 26, 2010, 07:39:02 PM »

Shoulder vibes for DR Jane. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Jennifer

« Reply #171 on: February 26, 2010, 07:43:59 PM »

CNBC and MSNBC are both showing Olympics during part of their broadcast days (or they were; I haven't checked in a couple of days), but I was VERY disappointed that NBC didn't at least show the next-to-top tier of girls. The girl from Switzerland who inched out Rachael Flatt for 6th was in that flight, and I would like to have had a chance to compare their long programs.

Do you mean the girl from Finland?  I actually think Rachael outskated her. In fact the Canadian announcers were shocked that Rachael was not first after she skated. For some reason they did not notice any of the deductions that they gave the US skater. I am curious were the US/NBC announcers annoyed? Or had they realized a lot of the triples would be downgraded?

Will you be able to see any of the second tier of skaters online? I find that crazy that you only got to see the last group and not hte 2nd to last.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #172 on: February 26, 2010, 07:45:14 PM »

Additional shoulder vibes for DR JANE.

What great birdie pictures......Miss Abby Normal, the parakeet heartily approves of photos of the aviary kind appearing on HHW!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jennifer

« Reply #173 on: February 26, 2010, 07:47:05 PM »

OMG (i'm pretty sure NBC showed this live, although is it delayed on the west coast). Something totally thrilling just happened for Canada re: the olympics. I am very teary!

Matt H.

« Reply #174 on: February 26, 2010, 07:47:08 PM »

CNBC and MSNBC are both showing Olympics during part of their broadcast days (or they were; I haven't checked in a couple of days), but I was VERY disappointed that NBC didn't at least show the next-to-top tier of girls. The girl from Switzerland who inched out Rachael Flatt for 6th was in that flight, and I would like to have had a chance to compare their long programs.

Will you be able to see any of the second tier of skaters online? I find that crazy that you only got to see the last group and not hte 2nd to last.

I haven't checked on-line, and the final skate program has not yet gone up in the On Demand section of the Time-Warner cable (where I was able to see Plushenko's final skate after the DVR cut off the broadcast since it went over the allotted time.)

But four years ago, NBC certainly showed both tiers of ladies skaters (placed 12-1 after the short program) on their primetime broadcast.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #175 on: February 26, 2010, 07:47:38 PM »

A picture of the icicles on my gutter during last week's storm.....  ;D

Laura

« Reply #176 on: February 26, 2010, 07:48:42 PM »

Pretty.

There's something I'll never see on my house.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #177 on: February 26, 2010, 07:48:43 PM »

I thoroughly enjoyed watching THOROUGHLY MODERN MILLIE again on TCM tonight.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #178 on: February 26, 2010, 07:49:01 PM »

Pretty.

There's something I'll never see on my house.

And I hope I've seen the last of it for this winter season.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #179 on: February 26, 2010, 07:50:06 PM »

More winter from last week.

This happened right after I had shoveled the driveway.  :P
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up