Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: ONE ADAM 12 - SEE THE MAN  (Read 12718 times)

Jennifer

Re: ONE ADAM 12 - SEE THE MAN
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2010, 12:38:18 PM »

Back from the dentist's office, where I survived without needing a transfusion.

I have precooked the chicken for the enchiladas I'm making for dinner and have toasted the pecans for the brownies I'm about to bake.

MMMM.... :)  Betsy insists nuts ruin chocolate, I insist quite the opposite.  :)

You are correct, JMK...Betsy is quite wrong.

;)

It's weird. But I like nuts a lot. And i like them in chocolate bars. But i'm not crazy about them in cakes or brownies or anything like that.

Jennifer

« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2010, 12:38:49 PM »

DR elmore, now that the concert is over I hope you will find a way to let go of the pain & negativity you are experiencing.  I worry as this isn't good for you.

VIBES OF COMFORT & PEACE!!!

VIBES YOU GET SOME SLEEP!!!

Ditto. It doesn't sound healthy.

Jennifer

« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2010, 12:40:34 PM »

And THE GOOD WIFE is a repeat as well. :(

I don't believe that there is a new episode until April 6th.

Jennifer

« Reply #63 on: March 23, 2010, 12:40:57 PM »

Yucky weather here today. Freezing rain pellets. And this was after the weeks of sunshine and warmer weather!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2010, 12:47:17 PM »

Beautiful weather for my Aunt Betty.  Nice crowd....and lots of relatives to see and talk to.

Two of my brothers and I, cousin Daryl and his sister's son Kyle, and the husband of one of Aunt Betty's grand daughters were the pall bearers.  I ended up in front with my brother Kent leaving the chapel, so I stood next to the hearse when we got to the cemetery, and it seems we had to back up and turn around, so I ended up in front again on the way to the plot.

.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2010, 12:53:03 PM »

Uncle Al and Aunt Betty attended Lakeview Baptist Church for years and years.  Al was the maintenance man and also did construction projects at the LARGE church.  Betty worked in the Day Care and both did a lot of mission work.  They lived in a small house on the property and so were also 24 hour security.

About 20 years ago, the NEW minister came to them and told them while their work would continue, they were to move out of the small house because his son, the new youth minister was going to live there. 

Betty and Al moved out of the house and out of the Lakeview Baptist Church congregation.  Although there were many who would ask them to come back and at least attend - and the new minister and his son were gone within 3 years - Betty and Al never joined or attended another church.

They visited the current Lakeview minister about a year ago, when Aunt Betty knew that her illness was terminal, and made arrangements ($$$) for him to speak at her memorial, which he did.  It was nice, although at the cemetery he called her Betty Smith instead of Betty Johnson (I hope cousin Sue hadn't signed his check yet) -

But it was a beautiful day - and we could visit a lot of my maternal relatives who are already at Sugar Grove, and walk around where one day - no doubt - I will be planted as well.  I hope my day is as beautiful weather wise.

Ginny

« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2010, 12:55:03 PM »

Back from the dentist's office, where I survived without needing a transfusion.

I have precooked the chicken for the enchiladas I'm making for dinner and have toasted the pecans for the brownies I'm about to bake.

MMMM.... :)  Betsy insists nuts ruin chocolate, I insist quite the opposite.  :)

Unless it is toasted almonds I agree with Betsy.

If I hadn't had pecans, I would have added a drop of almond extract to the batter.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2010, 12:59:06 PM »

Ginny

« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2010, 01:07:02 PM »

DR JRand - thanks for sharing the stories about your Aunt Betty.  I'm glad your family had a nice day to honor and remember her.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2010, 01:08:56 PM »

TOD:

I was going to say ADAM-12, but we do have that now in the form of SOUTHLAND. It really is the ADAM-12 of 2009-2010.

And speaking of SOUTHLAND, if you are on Facebook, and are a fan of SOUTHLAND, you may find interest in joining SOUTHLAND's facebook page. One of the stars of that show, Michael Cudlitz, is doing a weekly question and answer which is very interesting.

Cudlitz even brought up the fact that Southland is very reminiscent of ADAM-12.

He has been the show's biggest cheerleader since Day One. I think he's definitely one of the show's strongest assets. I wish it was doing better in the ratings.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2010, 01:09:57 PM »

DR JRand - thanks for sharing the stories about your Aunt Betty.  I'm glad your family had a nice day to honor and remember her.

DITTO!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2010, 01:10:45 PM »

If I could bring back ONE show, it would be the Canadian TV show, SLINGS & ARROWS from a few years back...simply the greatest show about actors and theatre EVER!

I bought this series  on DVD "blind" (or "cold") just because Paul Gross is so highly regarded for his part in it.  Haven't watched it, but I appreciate the feedback from Mr. Pogue.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 02:28:22 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matt H.

« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2010, 01:12:58 PM »

I had forgotten about NURSE JACKIE being on last night (My DVR recorded it, but I could have gotten it from Showtime On Demand if I had forgotten. For a change, I didn't). So, that's what I watched when I first went downstairs.

I love the show, and the season premiere didn't disappoint (though I had read some critics who thought it was a dull season premiere). I was drawn into the stories, and Jackie is ALWAYS interesting in all that she does.

Matt H.

« Reply #73 on: March 23, 2010, 01:14:45 PM »

While I ate lunch, I watched last night's CASTLE, a maginficent part one of a two part serial killer story. Loved the puzzles, it was also funny and gripping. This was one of the best CASTLE episodes they've ever had.

Matt H.

« Reply #74 on: March 23, 2010, 01:19:14 PM »

Then I watched FANTASTIC MR. FOX on Blu-ray. It's a very dry, droll animated film. Taken from the Roald Dahl story (expanded to let the original tale form the centertpiece of the movie with new beginnings and ending), the characters aren't instantly likable, very much like JAMES AND THE GIANT PEACH and its oddly acting characters.

I just couldn't get the image of George Clooney out of my head with his voice being so unmistakable (I had the same problem with Bruce Willis in OVER THE HEDGE: their voices are just too special to separate from the characters, and he doesn't do anything to make it quirky or different or hidden at all.) Meryl Streep's voice is unmistakable, too, but her part is much smaller. Other voices were Bill Murray, Willem Dafoe (a very effective rat), Michael Gambon, and Owen WIlson.

Matt H.

« Reply #75 on: March 23, 2010, 01:19:56 PM »

There were only four bonus features though the first one, the making of feature, was almost an hour. The other little vignettes were much briefer.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #76 on: March 23, 2010, 01:20:02 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Well...

My niece, Alexandra - with the assistance of my brother/her father ;) - bought me two pairs of shoes.  Alas, they were the wrong size.  So, I went to back to the store to exchange them for the correct size.  Well, of course, there was nothing available in my size in the styles I was exchanging, nor in any other styles I liked.  I left after about an hour and fifteen minutes of trying on pair after pair... Ah, well.
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #77 on: March 23, 2010, 01:20:35 PM »

Then I watched today's AS THE WORLD TURNS. Nothing of interest, and there was nothing in the previews either.

Matt H.

« Reply #78 on: March 23, 2010, 01:21:23 PM »

Nothing on ONE LIFE TO LIVE today either. Once my boys are gone from this and AS THE WORLD TURNS is canceled, that's going to completely free up my afternoons from recording anything.

Matt H.

« Reply #79 on: March 23, 2010, 01:22:01 PM »

I glad you had a nice day for the funeral, DR JRand. That makes a difficult day somewhat bearable.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #80 on: March 23, 2010, 01:23:39 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Well...

My niece, Alexandra - with the assistance of my brother/her father ;) - bought me two pairs of shoes.  Alas, they were the wrong size.  So, I went to back to the store to exchange them for the correct size.  Well, of course, there was nothing available in my size in the styles I was exchanging, nor in any other styles I liked.  I left after about an hour and fifteen minutes of trying on pair after pair... Ah, well.

Alexandra must have been disappointed.  Where you able to return them without a store credit?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: March 23, 2010, 01:25:57 PM »

While out on Long Island this weekend I bought more walnuts and I also bought pecans. I thought I would try them in the morning oatmeal. A little cinnamon, some raisins, some pecans and maybe a banana if I'm feeling peckish. Sounds good to me.

DR Ben, I add chopped walnuts and dried cranberries to my Quaker Apple-Cinnamon oatmeal. It's quite yummy.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matt H.

« Reply #82 on: March 23, 2010, 01:26:04 PM »

I just saw the ratings.

DANCING WITH THE STARS had its highest ratings ever for a season premiere.

And that helped CASTLE earn its best ratings ever last night. It even beat, for the very first time, an original episode of CSI: MIAMI which had a first run low for the show.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: March 23, 2010, 01:28:14 PM »

Beautiful weather for my Aunt Betty.  Nice crowd....and lots of relatives to see and talk to.

Two of my brothers and I, cousin Daryl and his sister's son Kyle, and the husband of one of Aunt Betty's grand daughters were the pall bearers.  I ended up in front with my brother Kent leaving the chapel, so I stood next to the hearse when we got to the cemetery, and it seems we had to back up and turn around, so I ended up in front again on the way to the plot.

DR JRand59, I'm glad it was a good day for your Aunt's funeral. My Uncle Bob's was today as well. I've heard nothing yet from my family about the events.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #84 on: March 23, 2010, 01:29:30 PM »

If I could bring back ONE show, it would be the Canadian TV show, SLINGS & ARROWS from a few years back...simply the greatest show about actors and theatre EVER!

I bought this series  on DVD "blind" (or "coled") just because Paul Gross is so highly regarded for his part in it.  Haven't watched it, but I appreciate the feedback from Mr. Pogue.

Ron, did you get all three series of the show?  I never like to tell another person "you'll love it" or "over-hype" something, because one can never tell about another's personal taste.  I can only say I love it.  It was like watching years of my life roll by.  I found it incredibly funny as well as incredibly moving.  It hits me deep where I live.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #85 on: March 23, 2010, 01:32:52 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Well...

Alexandra must have been disappointed.  Where you able to return them without a store credit?

Well... It really was my brother, Don, who bought them for me.  He just likes to say that Alex bought me something when he gives me an unexpected/unplanned gift.  -He also saw the current condition of my current shoes, so... ;)

I could have exchanged them easily since I had the receipt with me.  However, he'll need to go back to return them for the refund/credit.
Make Your Own Luck.

Laura

« Reply #86 on: March 23, 2010, 01:33:28 PM »

While out on Long Island this weekend I bought more walnuts and I also bought pecans. I thought I would try them in the morning oatmeal. A little cinnamon, some raisins, some pecans and maybe a banana if I'm feeling peckish. Sounds good to me.

DR Ben, I add chopped walnuts and dried cranberries to my Quaker Apple-Cinnamon oatmeal. It's quite yummy.

I add a chopped apple, a handful of walnuts, and a tablespoon of ground flax seed. I call it my medicine meal.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Ben

« Reply #87 on: March 23, 2010, 01:38:43 PM »

I keep forgetting about flax. I hear it's good for you and it doesn't do anything bad to the taste

Matt H.

« Reply #88 on: March 23, 2010, 01:43:08 PM »

I'm going to hop off-line now and do some writing. Then, I'll have the evening free to watch what I want when I go back down. I still have both DAMAGES and LAW & ORDER from last night, so I may watch them instead of a movie. Then I join LOST around 9:15 or so.

Matt H.

« Reply #89 on: March 23, 2010, 01:43:19 PM »

Oh, rats!

WBBL.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up