Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: HEAT, RAIN, OR SNOT  (Read 24851 times)

Ginny

Re:HEAT, RAIN, OR SNOT
« Reply #120 on: September 04, 2006, 07:10:20 PM »

My family and I just enjoyed the 'way-too-green key lime pie.  It tasted good anyway.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #121 on: September 04, 2006, 07:11:04 PM »

Page 5, It's Not Easy Being Green Dance
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #122 on: September 04, 2006, 07:31:29 PM »

The packing up of stuff with my parents was quite the trauma...for me. ::) My mom was very much a terror ;) but we got quite a bit done.  I still have some things in my bedroom to pack up but she wants me to go through all my clothes and give her everything that I don't want.  She'll wash them and give them to Goodwill.  Most of what I don't want to keep (or no longer fit in) is still wearable, but I already did get rid of a couple of pairs of jeans that had holes worn in them.  I kept having to say "Don't throw that away!" and "Don't pack that away, I need it!"  But I was able to take a load to the storage unit.  So that's it for the packing for today.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #123 on: September 04, 2006, 07:32:13 PM »

The "Way too green" Key Lime pie would be good on St. Patricks day

George

« Reply #124 on: September 04, 2006, 07:34:11 PM »

We actually stopped packing at about 3:00 or so, when I took the boxes that I had to the storage unit.  After that, we all went to my sister's house and had a barbecue.  Hamburgers, bratwurst, salmon burgers, salads, lots of stuff.  And for dessert, a pineapple-lemon cake that was very good!  My sister got the recipe from "The Cake Mix Doctor" cookbook.  Now, I'm at home. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #125 on: September 04, 2006, 07:34:51 PM »

George, I feel for you.  When I sold my house at the lake, I went through every box and all the clothes and gave away a lot. I hadn't lived there for 4 years and it had a lot of stuff just stored there, so that wasn't too hard.  It was impossible when I moved into this house from my other Sioux City house.  I just couldn't make those decisions....

Good Packing and sorting vibes to DR GEORGE~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ginny

« Reply #126 on: September 04, 2006, 07:35:05 PM »

The "Way too green" Key Lime pie would be good on St. Patricks day

Don't think it'll keep 'til then, DR Cillaliz  ;)

Cillaliz

« Reply #127 on: September 04, 2006, 07:36:38 PM »

I actually had a dream the other night that I was packing and moving. I also had a dream that I ran out of gas and something else not so cool....of course that was the night I was waiting for the bat to come back. So far so good.

Cillaliz

« Reply #128 on: September 04, 2006, 07:37:21 PM »

Don't think it'll keep 'til then, DR Cillaliz  ;)

LOL!!!  I meant you could do it again on purpose ;D

Ginny

« Reply #129 on: September 04, 2006, 07:42:57 PM »

LOL!!!  I meant you could do it again on purpose ;D

Yeah, I knew that!

Next, I want to try that peanut butter pie recipe from your mother, but will wait until my mom gets back from her Alaska trip.  PB pie is one of her favorites - maybe I'll have one waiting for her when she returns (Sept. 15).  Tomorrow (my extra day off) I'm taking her on some last-minute, pre-trip errands.

Ginny

« Reply #130 on: September 04, 2006, 07:45:49 PM »

DR George - I went several years ago to hear a presentation by The Cake Mix Doctor at a local bookstore.  She had recruited some local bakers to make up some of her recipes and we all had samples.  She got very indignent when I asked if she'd ever learned as much from things that didn't work as she learned from things that did.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #131 on: September 04, 2006, 07:49:56 PM »

I don't believe I expressed any sorrow over the death of a ninety-five year old man.  I offered only sadness to the world for the loss of a great poet, and to Maria for the loss of a good friend.  I think both were appropriate.

Well, you are making an assumption that my post was in reference to yours.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2006, 07:50:58 PM by bk »

George

« Reply #132 on: September 04, 2006, 07:51:50 PM »

Good Packing and sorting vibes to DR GEORGE~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THANKS!  I know I'm going to need them!! ;D I have some things in boxes that I've had for more than 15 years!  But I don't want to just get rid of them without looking at what I have.  I still want to touch everything I get rid of...hopefully, I will actually do that. ::)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #133 on: September 04, 2006, 07:52:37 PM »

I also (and this is just my personal feeling) don't understand why the world needs to feel sadness for the loss of a ninety-five year old poet, whose works will live on.  Again, I look at it as celebratory, not sad, but that's just me.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #134 on: September 04, 2006, 07:53:20 PM »

I had a nice time at the partay but it is disgustingly humid and hot out and am happy to be home in the air conditioning.  That said, I'm going out to get something sweet to eat.

Cillaliz

« Reply #135 on: September 04, 2006, 07:54:04 PM »

Yeah, I knew that!

Next, I want to try that peanut butter pie recipe from your mother, but will wait until my mom gets back from her Alaska trip.  PB pie is one of her favorites - maybe I'll have one waiting for her when she returns (Sept. 15).  Tomorrow (my extra day off) I'm taking her on some last-minute, pre-trip errands.

The peanut butter pie is very rich, I would suggest smaller pieces than you may normally serve....there can always be seconds!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #136 on: September 04, 2006, 07:54:16 PM »

The reason I did not eat dessert at the partay (and there were plenty) is that there were so many flies in the house where the desserts were that I described the apple pie as Pie a la Fly.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #137 on: September 04, 2006, 07:54:30 PM »

I am my own frenzy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #138 on: September 04, 2006, 07:55:18 PM »

I am not at all excited about having an 8:30 AM hearing.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #139 on: September 04, 2006, 08:02:08 PM »

Cilla, lovely photo of Boo. She's a beauty.

Jane, what a nice son, daughter-in-law (whether official or not), and dog-in-law you have! I just love Yogi's pointy party hat!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2006, 08:03:10 PM by DearReaderLaura »
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Ginny

« Reply #140 on: September 04, 2006, 08:03:22 PM »

I am not at all excited about having an 8:30 AM hearing.

Well, a month from tomorrow you'll be on your way to NYC!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #141 on: September 04, 2006, 08:09:27 PM »

You heard they were in Sioux City this weekend?  Hmm.. Anyway, it was pretty much a bust. Not much there, they have the same boats they had on the return trip, but there really wasn't much going on that we didn't do last time they were here. So I took some photos and left.

YEs, it was on the SDLA/NDLA website...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #142 on: September 04, 2006, 08:13:18 PM »

When we were in Romania a puppy was left at the entrance to Craig’s apartment building.  

Yogi’s first birthday party.

What a sweet looking dog...

What a wonderful idea... Happy Birthday Yogi!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #143 on: September 04, 2006, 08:14:43 PM »

Here's a photo I took this afternoon

Lovely picture of Boots... She is thinking about that bird outside...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #144 on: September 04, 2006, 08:15:42 PM »

Lovely picture of Craig's freind. She is lovely. Yogie looks quite happy after eating his cake.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #145 on: September 04, 2006, 08:19:10 PM »

Just like DR Jane eating the almonds and See's, I ate three brownies that I made today, and I paid for it this afternoon. Felt really ill all afternoon long. My body just can't take a sugar high like that any more.

I'll be much more sparing in my sweets intake for the next few days until they're gone.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #146 on: September 04, 2006, 08:20:00 PM »

I made a discovery tonight…….If you pop a Jordon almond in your mouth, not just any Jordon almond but the special ones I buy in Portland, and then pop in a See’s milk chocolate ball…..you can’t eat just one, or two, or five ;D

Now I feel sick & have a headache.   :o

I think I should move around a bit & work off some of this sugar.

'night.

Yep, it is wicked!! but oh so goooood!!

George

« Reply #147 on: September 04, 2006, 08:20:37 PM »

DR George - I went several years ago to hear a presentation by The Cake Mix Doctor at a local bookstore.  She had recruited some local bakers to make up some of her recipes and we all had samples.  She got very indignent when I asked if she'd ever learned as much from things that didn't work as she learned from things that did.

Indignent??  You'd think that her answer would be a very quick, "Hell, yes!" ;)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #148 on: September 04, 2006, 08:21:42 PM »

I really try to avoid every preview on every channel of upcoming shows if I possibly can, and if I'm sitting there waiting for a show to come on and they feature a preview of it minutes before the show starts (TNT is really bad about this), I cover my ears and lower my eyes for a few seconds.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

jhvw

« Reply #149 on: September 04, 2006, 08:23:03 PM »

The peanut butter pie is very rich, I would suggest smaller pieces than you may normally serve....there can always be seconds!

I can vouch for that, except I ate a big piece and put up with the stomachache. It's really, really good...if you like peanut butter.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up