Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: UNKEMPT IN PANTALOONS  (Read 38111 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:UNKEMPT IN PANTALOONS
« Reply #240 on: January 10, 2007, 05:37:52 PM »

Now if we could just get some measurable snowfall, then it will truly feel like winter in NYC!

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #241 on: January 10, 2007, 05:41:24 PM »

Bit O Honey....was Sooooooooooo sweet!

Hmm.... Bit-O-Honeys...  I remember eating whole packages of them, and then wondering why my jaw ached the next day.  Mary Janes would cause the same "problem".

-Now I'm just trying to remember the last time I had either one.  ???
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #242 on: January 10, 2007, 05:42:13 PM »

Right now I have ice cream on my mind. I have some vanilla....maybe I'll have to make some chocolate sauce....then I have to do some writing.  I had planned to do it tomorrow, but tomorrow is the only day I can drive to the prison and that's a full day plus.  

I'm looking forward to the trip to the prison. I haven't been on the road for a while and although things were very quiet in the office today, it will be nice to be gone for awhile.  Besides, the guys always appreciate a visit.

Cillaliz

« Reply #243 on: January 10, 2007, 05:44:01 PM »

Time for ICE CREAM!!!!!!!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #244 on: January 10, 2007, 05:44:42 PM »

DR Jose, I am fighting a cold, and I'm not fit company this week.  Can we plan something over the weekend or next week?

Next week for sure.  -I'm heading down to DC this weekend for a major "sort and purge" session of my belongings.  I'll be back Monday.  Continue to get and feel better.
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #245 on: January 10, 2007, 05:49:13 PM »

I think you feel about this commercial the way I feel about the ending of The Titanic.  No matter what anyone says, or will say to me, I am adamant it was absolutely ridiculous & senseless to toss that necklace into the ocean. :D

And the previous three hours and forty minutes did make sense?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #246 on: January 10, 2007, 05:55:26 PM »

They say there is a possibility of more than a foot of snow over the weekend, but don't know if it will be here yet. Since it's a 3 day weekend and I have lots of cleaning to do, I actually wouldn't mind being snowed in

It's been snowing practically all day today.  I don't know what the weater is supposed to be like for tomorrow, but there were a lot of library buildings closing early today.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #247 on: January 10, 2007, 06:04:07 PM »

Right now I have ice cream on my mind. I have some vanilla....maybe I'll have to make some chocolate sauce....then I have to do some writing.  I had planned to do it tomorrow, but tomorrow is the only day I can drive to the prison and that's a full day plus.  

I'm looking forward to the trip to the prison. I haven't been on the road for a while and although things were very quiet in the office today, it will be nice to be gone for awhile.  Besides, the guys always appreciate a visit.

Well, I really wasn't in the mood for ice cream earlier, but I happened to walk by the new pinkberry location.  I had read about it a couple of weeks ago - basically, the frozen yogurt "to the stars".  -And, yes, it started in LA (IIRC).  So, since I walked by it, and I happened to be in need of some nourishment...

It's an interesting set up.  Just two flavors: Plain and Green Tea.  And it's truly frozen yogurt, yogurt that is frozen.  So, it has a bit of a tang - I just tried the Plain.  You can order a Small, Medium or Large.  I just got a small today.  The catch is that you top it with various toppings: Wet (blueberries, raspberries, mango, kiwi, etc.), and/or Dry (chocolate chips, carob chips, Cap'n Crunch, Fruity Pebbles, etc.).  And you are charged for each topping - My small with two toppings came to $5.26.  Not exactly a true cheap eat.  But since it only has 20 calories per ounce...

In any case, I enjoyed it, but it's not a place/product I would go out of my way to get to if I had a craving.  And when I was there, the place was practically empty.  Apparently, in WeHo and elsewhere, it's become known as "crackberry" since it's been so addictive.  Lines out the door, lots of parking tickets issued, etc.  This is the first NYC location to open.  It's on 32nd St. in the heart of Korea-town.  Interesting location.  There are other locations planned in Chelsea, Upper East Side, etc.   It will be interesting to see how and if the chain takes hold here.  -And maybe the warmer temps will help too.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 06:07:03 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #248 on: January 10, 2007, 06:06:03 PM »

OK... Time to watch TV for a bit... And scream at it... Throw shoes at it... :-\
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #249 on: January 10, 2007, 06:09:20 PM »

I think I shall listen to the OCR of Follies later...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #250 on: January 10, 2007, 06:12:33 PM »

Is anyone else here as underwhelmed as I that Kelsey Grammar is doing "Henry Higgins" in the Philharmonic's "My Fair Lady"?

I, too, am underwhelmed.  However, I have to say that I'm "intrigued" by Brian Dennehy as Alfred Doolittle.  But I'm very happy with Marni Nixon playing Mrs. Higgins.  I wonder if they're going to go with someone established or someone "stunt-y" for Freddy.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ben

« Reply #251 on: January 10, 2007, 06:15:05 PM »

pinkberry

has opened in Chelsea. I don't remember the exact location but it's in the high teens on the east side of the street on Eighth Avenue. We haven't ventured in yet so I can't tell you how it tastes, but this location, like Jose's has always been empty each time we walked by.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 06:15:36 PM by Ben »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #252 on: January 10, 2007, 06:15:30 PM »

Filopino?

Steve's mother was trying to remember my ethnic background one time, and almost got it right when she asked, "Isn't Jose a Flapapino?"  That still provides a good laugh for me and Steve. :D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #253 on: January 10, 2007, 06:21:37 PM »

I heard a recording of him doing SWEENEY TODD with Christine Baranski.  I thought he would have been wonderful except he kept forgetting lines and missing cues.

I think he would be a terrific Fred Graham in KISS ME, KATE.  If he could remember his lines, that is...

I've heard a recording of those concerts too.  With a running commentary by Ms. Baranski, and an occasional "observation" by Larry Blank (who conducted those concerts).  Attend the tale, indeed!

;D

*And Christine Baranski does a smashing impression of Kelsey Grammar doing "Epiphany".
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #254 on: January 10, 2007, 06:24:08 PM »

And the previous three hours and forty minutes did make sense?

ROTFLOL!!!!  In comparison to the end-yes. ;D
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 06:25:07 PM by Jane »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #255 on: January 10, 2007, 06:24:34 PM »

has opened in Chelsea. I don't remember the exact location but it's in the high teens on the east side of the street on Eighth Avenue. We haven't ventured in yet so I can't tell you how it tastes, but this location, like Jose's has always been empty each time we walked by.

Ah... I wonder if that is related to the closing of the Emack & Bolio's location in your neighborhood.  I'm guessing pinkberry will be more complementary to the Chelsea boi diet.  ;)

*And with all the "healthful" benefits they are exclaiming, does that still apply when you top your yogurt with Cap'n Crunch and Fruity Pebbles?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #256 on: January 10, 2007, 06:27:15 PM »

DR Cillaliz - Thanks for posting the Mamma Mia review.  It looks like a lot of the understudies have rolled up to the leads.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #257 on: January 10, 2007, 06:29:02 PM »

It's been snowing practically all day today.  I don't know what the weater is supposed to be like for tomorrow, but there were a lot of library buildings closing early today.

It is snowing here.

If Jackson County doesn’t find money for the libraries soon most or all of them will be closing, including our local library.  

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #258 on: January 10, 2007, 06:29:30 PM »

Hello, fellow Dear Readers. A busy day. Our new board chair had the meeting wrapped up in two hours, instead of the usual six or seven. Then tonight I sat in on a City council meeting. Very interesting.

I just got home. I am hungry. That is all.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Jane

« Reply #259 on: January 10, 2007, 06:31:21 PM »

Jose I don't think I would like the frozen yogurt, I like mine to have the texture of soft ice cream.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #260 on: January 10, 2007, 06:35:58 PM »

Back from an excellent rehearsal, and Miss Patti and I will now watch The Illusionist.  I WILL finish the synopsis this evening!  

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #261 on: January 10, 2007, 06:38:30 PM »

Hmm.... Bit-O-Honeys...  I remember eating whole packages of them, and then wondering why my jaw ached the next day.  Mary Janes would cause the same "problem".

-Now I'm just trying to remember the last time I had either one.  ???

Aren't Mary Janes shoes?
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #262 on: January 10, 2007, 06:45:03 PM »

In 1914 Charles N. Miller named this delightful candy after his favorite aunt.  They are described as cousins to Bit-O-Honey.

Mary Jane shoes have been back in style for the last few years.  I have a pair.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #263 on: January 10, 2007, 06:52:16 PM »

I, too, am underwhelmed.  However, I have to say that I'm "intrigued" by Brian Dennehy as Alfred Doolittle.  But I'm very happy with Marni Nixon playing Mrs. Higgins.  I wonder if they're going to go with someone established or someone "stunt-y" for Freddy.

I thought they announced that they would only use Marni if they could find someone to dub her voice?
“One thing’s universal,

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #264 on: January 10, 2007, 06:52:26 PM »

Well, if you ever wanted to watch hair dry on TV, just tune into "Tease" on Oxygen. :-\

*However, I am looking forward to the second season opener of "The Janice Dickinson Modeling Agency".  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #265 on: January 10, 2007, 06:55:40 PM »

Time to brave the weather and go home.  But first, I have to get some gas at Costco...and maybe dinner.  I have a Costco cash card (Christmas gift), so it'll be free to me. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #266 on: January 10, 2007, 06:58:37 PM »

elmore-good vibes that cold doesn't happen!

'night
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 06:59:52 PM by Jane »

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #267 on: January 10, 2007, 07:35:54 PM »

No snow here in Philly. But, baby, it's freakin' cold!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaďs Nin

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #268 on: January 10, 2007, 07:42:11 PM »

No snow here in Philly. But, baby, it's freakin' cold!

Cold here too, in Arizona. It's a nippy 57F at 8:30 p.m. Brrrrrrr.   ;D
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Cillaliz

« Reply #269 on: January 10, 2007, 07:44:28 PM »

THAT DARN CAT!!!  Boo did some weird running leap, landed on the cords going to my desktop and I can no longer get on the internet from that computer.  I was, and am, extremely irritated, but the fact I can get on here means the connection is getting as far as the wireless router which also goes into the desktop.   So, I'll have to try to fix it tomorrow.  I do have to admit the leap was pretty funny, it's like she wasn't sure whether she wanted to land on the file cabinet (too low) or the desk (too far to the right).
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up