Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: WHAT ELSE CAN I TELL YOU?  (Read 23541 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:WHAT ELSE CAN I TELL YOU?
« Reply #180 on: January 02, 2004, 07:09:02 PM »

DR td - if Tarzan were here - he would be going NO PLACE!

Look again she should be there now.  ;D
« Last Edit: January 02, 2004, 07:09:30 PM by JRand53 »
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #181 on: January 02, 2004, 07:11:18 PM »

And here the late Precious.....the kitty of the manor....  :'(

td

• td
« Reply #182 on: January 02, 2004, 07:14:07 PM »

DR td - if Tarzan were here - he would be going NO PLACE!

Look again she should be there now.  ;D

I looked, I saw, I said, "Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!"
(ps - I deleted my previous message).
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Laura II

« Reply #183 on: January 02, 2004, 07:15:40 PM »

Welcome, DR Robin Anderson!
"I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #184 on: January 02, 2004, 07:19:22 PM »

Well, I've stuffed my hungry maw and I'm back and happy to see we've already passed 16,000 posts, and in record time, too.

Welcome Robin Anderson to our merry troupe.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #185 on: January 02, 2004, 07:39:40 PM »

LOL td!  Holly will meet you in the doggie chat room.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #186 on: January 02, 2004, 07:47:18 PM »

Oh I love that pic of Tarzan!

Oh poor DR Ann: I'm so sorry it's raining. Let's give DR Ann good weather sunshine vibes!

I was feeling a bit out of this morning. But I am feeling a fair amount better now. Thanks everyone.

Good idea on the sunshine vibes.  

Glad you are feeling better :)

Jane

« Reply #187 on: January 02, 2004, 07:59:02 PM »

Welcome Robin Anderson.  It is nice you joined us. :)

Jrand53 that is a very cute picture!  Bogie likes to walk on the keyboard but then that is typical cat behavior.  The picture of Precious is sweet.

Td your new picture is very nice.  

Danise I watched two episodes of Jag tonight, only three more before I am caught up.  Is tonight’s episode, “Shifting Sands” a rerun of the first episode of the season which I missed?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #188 on: January 02, 2004, 08:11:43 PM »

Thanks DRJANE!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #189 on: January 02, 2004, 08:14:43 PM »

...Btw, what is "vetted"?...
According to my favorite on-line dictionary, to vet means to subject to expert appraisal or correction : EVALUATE.

Sounds like something we do around here all the time!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Andrea

« Reply #190 on: January 02, 2004, 08:15:03 PM »

Hello DR Robin Andreson on behalf of the HHW hussies.

MBarnum

« Reply #191 on: January 02, 2004, 08:22:26 PM »

Welcome to the new Dear Reader!!! Glad you are here!

Finally I get to see a picture of Holly the Sharpei! And little Precious was so cute JRand53! And she has good taste in movies...I see PILLOW TALK behinder her on the shelf! LOL!

Emily, I like both pictures! It was nice to see the real you though, however brief!

Hmm...will have to check out this Cam Clarke person.

Ok, tomorrow I will post a pic of the gigantacat Freddy. I only have about 50 thousand snapshots of him! But I can't find them!

td

• td
« Reply #192 on: January 02, 2004, 08:23:22 PM »

Td your new picture is very nice.

Thanks, Jane!  I gave you karma for liking my wolfiness.

td

• td
« Reply #193 on: January 02, 2004, 08:26:44 PM »

Hmm...will have to check out this Cam Clarke person.

Well, if you check him out. . .as i just did. . .you'll find that he has an extensive line of credits on the imdb!  Cam, it would seem has been supplying voice characterizations for tons of films and television shows!
And, well, one great looking guy checking out another great looking guy, where's the harm in that? ? ?
Forgot to mention that Cam also revitalizes the old traditional ballad, "The Water is Wide," a/k/a "My Love and I" as his closing track.

MBarnum

« Reply #194 on: January 02, 2004, 08:26:51 PM »

And doggone it! I forgot all about THE GIRL MOST LIKELY being on tonight! Arrgh! Keith Andes in yet another musical in which he does not get to sing!

Hopefully, it will be on again!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #195 on: January 02, 2004, 08:30:24 PM »

Re Clarke, there's some material on him over at IMDB, but the bio over at Amazon is really interesting.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

MBarnum

« Reply #196 on: January 02, 2004, 08:32:19 PM »

Dr Jane, this picture is for you...straight from Marie Callendar's in the Oaks of Sherman, my new buddy Ms. Laurie Mitchell with the co-star of JAG Patrick Labyorteaux, who we happened to run into whilst dining during my trip to L.A. in September.

MBarnum

« Reply #197 on: January 02, 2004, 08:36:17 PM »

Thanks Dr SWW, I checked out the info on Amazon.com...Cam Clarke the son of actor Robert Clarke...The Hideous Sun Demon himself! Who knew!

I might have to get this CD just because of that!

LC

• .o0o.
« Reply #198 on: January 02, 2004, 08:38:32 PM »

Happy New Year to all DRs!  I thought long and hard about my favorite film performances for this year and I couldn't narrow it down to 10, so I hope it's okay if I post my list for both male and female actors in no particular order.

Male

Bill Murray - Lost in Translation
Ben Kingsley - House of Sand and Fog
Russell Crowe - Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World
Johnny Depp - Pirates of the Caribbean
Sean Penn - Mystic River
Jude Law - Cold Mountain
Ian McKellen - Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
Benicio del Toro - 21 Grams
Ken Watanabe - The Last Samurai
Jack Black - School of Rock

Female

Naomi Watts - 21 Grams
Charlize Theron - Monster
Jennifer Connelly - House of Sand and Fog
Cate Blanchett - Veronica Guerin
Evan Rachel Wood - Thirteen
Scarlett Johansson - Lost in Translation
Monica Bellucci - Irréversible
Patricia Clarkson - Pieces of April
Ludivigne Sagnier - Swimming Pool
Jamie Lee Curtis - Freaky Friday

As for theatre:

Harvey Fierstein, Marissa Jaret Winokur, Kerry Butler, and Corey Reynolds - Hairspray
Denis O'Hare - Take Me Out
Hugh Jackman - The Boy From Oz
Idina Menzel - Wicked
Kristin Chenoweth - Wicked
Rebecca Luker - Nine
Jennifer Simard - The Thing About Men (hilarious in a bunch of small roles)

More in a second..
If you pursue your star, you cannot fail to reach a glorious harbor.  - Dante, Inferno XV

LC

• .o0o.
« Reply #199 on: January 02, 2004, 08:40:37 PM »

Emily - loved your New York story.  There are no jalapenos at Subway in Canada?!  However do you manage?  :o

MBarnum - your cat must have been very cute.  I am still excited by the novelty of having a pet, although all she does is sleep and eat. :)

Jrand - what an adorable dog!

Welcome to DRs PennyO and Robin.  Robin, great movie choices!
If you pursue your star, you cannot fail to reach a glorious harbor.  - Dante, Inferno XV

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #200 on: January 02, 2004, 08:45:57 PM »

DR Ron, I thought Viggo and Elijah were wonderful in THE RETURN OF THE KING, but I had lots of people I wanted to mention so I had to limit myself to just a few per project, and I did think Sean and Ian gave the strongest two performances amid many, many impressive ones.

I like the current TomuvOZ pic and always prefer to see the smiling visages of the DRs as opposed to cartoons or other representations. However, I can understand how some might not want to see themlseves looking out of them all the time. But PLEASE consider going back to your own pics occasionally because I think it really humanizes the forum. It is great to know what the people I'm writing to look like just like you like to look into people's eyes when you talk to them in person..
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #201 on: January 02, 2004, 08:53:36 PM »

Going through my videotape archives tonight and found something I forgot I had, the third Julie and Carol TV special, done in (I think) 1991 and not particularly good ("The Phantom of the Oprey" not a great idea). Also ran across the brilliant Shirley MacLaine's Emmy-winning "Gypsy in My Soul" which used to bring me to tears because I was so in love with the dancing in it and the special's celebration of Broadway dancers.

We won't see specials like these again. I'd give anything if CBS would license JULIE AND CAROL AT CARNEGIE HALL for someone to put out on DVD. The CD has to suffice for the moment.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #202 on: January 02, 2004, 08:53:44 PM »

Welcome, new Dear Readers PennyO and Robin Anderson!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Matt H.

« Reply #203 on: January 02, 2004, 09:11:49 PM »

Hope everyone has a wonderful rest of the evening; I'm off to the land of rest. Good night.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #204 on: January 02, 2004, 09:13:11 PM »

What a loverly bunch of posts.  What a loverly bunch of coconuts.  I finally am catching up with Pirates of the Caribbean - will have a full report.

SwishySarah

• Swish On!
« Reply #205 on: January 02, 2004, 09:19:00 PM »

What fun posts today! Usually by the end of the posts, I'm bored, but alkl of today's were interesting and enjoyable, :).

I have many comments to make:

Ann: I used to get those yellow lines under certain words. Then my computer committed suicide. I think you might want to clean your computer up a bit, because they're just another bad form of popups. (I say that like there's a good form of them...)

MBarnum: I can confirm that you are damn sexy. If age and sexual preference had nothing to do with a relationship, I would claim you as my own, :).

Jose: It was kind of randomly put in the end of a post yesterday, so you easily missed it, but are you going to be playing at Mamma Mia on January 18th?

Welcome to the cookie jar, PennyO and Robin Anderson! What flavor are you?

Jane: I don't think Robin understands the applaud/boo thing, because you can't give those out until you've posted 25 times. She doesn't even have those buttons on her screen yet. And you're comiung to Bethesda MD?! Thats only about an hour away from me!

Jennifer: I loved Daddy Day Care. The kids are hilarious, and Eddie Murphy gives a fabulously funny performance, as usual. I liked it more than the kids I was babysitting for did. It was sad, I actually found myself laughing at the burping jokes. It puts you in a kid state of mind.

I don't really have any "favorites" for movies, as I can't remember half of the ones I saw. I can tell you that the only film I really remember, and enjoyed, was Pirates of the Caribbean. I thought that the performances were all very entertaining, and the storyline was really interesting too. Not to mention the gorgeous Johnny, Orlando, and Jack.

I like everyone's pictures, whether them or not. I need to get a picture of myself that I *like*, and I'll put it up. Of course, I haven't read a single post on how to DO this, so I'll need help. :)

Off to watch Conan, and find batteries for my digital camera.
...Walk in the sunshine...

Jane

« Reply #206 on: January 02, 2004, 09:32:06 PM »

Td I love receiving Karma. Thank you. :)

MBarnum-great picture!  He was also very cute on Little House on the Prairie.

SS I’ll tell you more about Bethesda after I make my plans.  

Keith is waiting for me so we can finish watching Seabiscuit.

Goodnight.

Jason

« Reply #207 on: January 02, 2004, 09:54:36 PM »

Home from a long day. GIRL WITH A PEARL EARRING was an OK film...quite beautiful to look at, but I'm not sure where the story was going...if it went at all. It was very slow and strung out, I thought, and there was VERY little dialogue (not that that means it's a bad movie, just a quiet one).

Tonight we opened WERTHER at the Met. Small crowd. Very small. While I was there, I ran across the street to Tower and picked up a few things...SILENCE OF THE LAMBS and THE PRINCESS BRIDE on DVD and a greatest hits collection of songs performed by Mrs. Miller. Oh My Gosh! I haven't laughed so hard in my entire life... What a hoot! Thank you, DR Laura, for introducing me to Mrs. Miller.

Jason

« Reply #208 on: January 02, 2004, 09:57:36 PM »

Oh, and Andrea...thank you for the compliment. You're quite visually pleasing as well. :D

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #209 on: January 02, 2004, 10:28:28 PM »

Good evening!

Well, my trip to the Mall to pick up a Thank You gift turned into a "Oh, I forgot to pick up a Thank You gift" trip to the mall.

As happened last year at this time, I got sidetracked by all the clearance tables in Williams-Sonoma.  I ventured out to the Galleria at Tysons Corner which is very high-end shopping center - a Neiman-Marcus, Saks and lots of designer boutiques.  Well, I forgot they also had a Williams-Sonoma - and it's one of their larger stores in the area - not so cramped layout wise.  Well.. about an hour and $110 later...  However, the were some crazy-good deals even on the non-seasonal items, and I'm very happy with what I discovered and bought.  There were clearance sections/tables throughout the store, and the more I explored, the more I found.  The one non-clearance item in my bag was a piece from the new Calphalon One line that Williams-Sonoma is launching - and it was on special too.  -It's very neat - the non-stick "stuff" is embedded into the metal so it will brown like a regular pan, but clean up like a non-stick pan - and you can even use metal utensils in it!  I can't wait to give it a test drive.  Of course, I had just bought a new 2-quart covered saute pan...  I'll have to see if I can locate the receipt ;-)

I then walked around for a little bit before heading back to my car.  Once I got to my car, I realized I had not looked for a Thank You gift so I headed over to Tysons Corner - or Tysons One - to make a quick check of stores over there.  *I also made a quick pass through the FAO Schwarz there that was closing up shop.

Well, I looked in a bunch of stores, and really couldn't find anything.  Most of the stores were/are still in post-Christmas clearance mode, and any regular merchandise was either hidden or still in the back.  I'll make a run to Old Town Alexandria tomorrow before the matinee to see if I can find anything down there.  Of course, I know exactly where I would go in Richmond to find a gift, but since I'm not back in Richmond right now...

Good show tonight.  Our Sagramore was out sick, but the swing did a great job of swinging in.

OH!!!!!!  We had some fun trauma in the pit tonight!  Our French Horn player came in tonight... And he had super-glued the thumb and index finger together on his right hand!  He was working on a project at home, and...  *Afterwards, he said he even drove in with the super-glue bottle still stuck to his fingers, but that came off!  Well, after some pre-curtain questioning and concern, we started the show.  He played what he could - and he even resorted to playing his horn like a natural horn so he wouldn't have to use his valves!  There were a few things here and there that got altered, but nothing major.  Well, the backstage crew eventually brought him a small cup filled with acetone... and before we started "The Lusty Month of May", he had unglued his fingers.  And then the jokes started...  Boy did they start!  Most of them were visual, or I'd share them with you... But still, as the contractor said, that was a situation that was not covered in the union handbook!  ;D
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up