Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: GOING TO THE WELL  (Read 23940 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:GOING TO THE WELL
« Reply #90 on: October 04, 2006, 01:35:45 PM »

I did enjoy LAW & ORDER: SVU. Leslie Caron had some nice moments, but Robin Weigart (who played Calamity Jane on DEADWOOD) stole the show as a rape victim. She gave a sensational performance. I like Connie Neilsen as the new (temporary) partner for Stabler. In fact, I'd rather see her join the cast permanently and let Ice-T go.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #91 on: October 04, 2006, 01:38:15 PM »

Page FOur LILO & STITCH Dance!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #92 on: October 04, 2006, 01:39:39 PM »

I finished the afternoon watching the last episode on THE WILD WILD WEST boxed set. It had to do with an insane scientist planning to poison the water supply of San Francisco so an outlaw band can come in and loot the city.

Fun episode but no guest stars of any notable fame.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #93 on: October 04, 2006, 01:59:09 PM »

DR Cillaliz called me about the same time she posted this and then, again about 1:45pm EDT.  By then she was in Milwaukee and DR jhvw was in Chicago.  She called the second time to tell me not to expect them in time for dinner tonight.  I just hope they make it in time for their show!

I called their hotel.  They have not checked in yet,
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Danise

« Reply #94 on: October 04, 2006, 02:02:51 PM »

Afternoon and good travel vibes to all that need them.  I just hope that all the lugage is able to keep with where it needs to go!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Matt H.

« Reply #95 on: October 04, 2006, 02:24:22 PM »

Heading down now to clean the den, read more about Eileen Heckart, and then begin the evening's viewing.

WBBL.

Jennifer

« Reply #96 on: October 04, 2006, 02:34:20 PM »

DR MattH, re: Veronica Mars.

spoilers from last night's show.

I like that new guy piz (wallace's roomie). He has a major crush on veronica and i would imagine he is a future love interest for her. I would be very surprised if he was the rapist, since he is now a main character and will be on the show a lot. In fact it never occured to me.

I think we are supposed to think perhaps dick did it (since he went to logan's and said how sorry he was). But i don't believe that either.

I love that they are at college. I love the vibe. I love the new opening. I love that veronica is taking criminology. That should be great.

I am not too crazy about mac's roomie. But hopefully she will improve. But i am happy mac is on full time now.

The parts with veronica's dad were quite confusing. Although i think i've managed to piece together a few things. That guy he picked up was the fitzpatrick brother (the one kendall was involved with). His brother liam was after kendall. I wonder if she is really dead (or if they faked her death).

I'm not really sure if vinnie's pen (in veronica's dad's briefcase) means that vinnie is working for liam. Or if vinnie will somehow arrive to save keith.

Overall great first show. This is really one of my top top favorites (besides TAR and LOST).  Watching that first scene with veronica at school just reminded me why i love this show so much. I was grinning.

MBarnum

« Reply #97 on: October 04, 2006, 02:45:15 PM »

I am narrowing down my hotel choices for the HHW LA Brain from Planet X get together!

Best Western Hollywood Hills (on Franklin)

Beverly Laurel Motor Hotel (on Beverly Blvd)

Hollywood Orchid Suites (between Franklin and Hollywood Blvd.)

Two are located just behind Mann's Chinese Theater.

Two are very retro.

All 3 have free parking and are cheap

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #98 on: October 04, 2006, 02:57:02 PM »

Back from meetings, which went fine (just for the set, though).  Then did some errands, including picking up the package FJL was kind enough to ship - four pounds of Twizzlers chocolate licorice - oh, boy!

Just jogged and am sweating like a pig.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #99 on: October 04, 2006, 03:24:10 PM »

We will NOT be watching CSI-NY tonight.

Instead:

The Daily Aztec comments:

The members of the untrained super group include Tuck and Benny, known as The Siamese Twins, who have the power of separation; The Bearded Clam, a Jabba the Hutt-like woman who lives in a clam shell and can spit "blinding bitch juice;" The World's Tallest Nebraskan, who has the ability to shrink down to six inches; The Premature Baby Primi, who is capable of pinpoint projectile vomiting; and Log Cabin Republican, a gay Republican who can transform into a leather-clad strongman named "Burly Bear."

-'Freak Show' is scheduled to air at 10:30 p.m. on Oct. 4 on Comedy Central.

der Brucer

PS - It was the Log Cabin National office that provided the link!
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #100 on: October 04, 2006, 03:49:54 PM »

Good Morning!

I awoke to the strains of baritone, Thomas Quasthoff, singing, "Swing Low, Sweet Chariot" on WQXR.  Quite a beautiful rendition.  And he's singing Mahler at Carnegie Hall tonight...  Hmm...

Is he singing one for Mahler?
[/size]
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #101 on: October 04, 2006, 03:50:14 PM »

Is this a slow news day here at haineshisway.com?  Not one question.  

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #102 on: October 04, 2006, 04:02:55 PM »

Well...well, well....well, well, well....HERE"S A QUESTION:

Did you EVER KNOW ABOUT THIS????

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #103 on: October 04, 2006, 04:04:04 PM »

I have to tell you, I cannot imagine where the word "Drifting" would fit into the theme from "Auntie Mame"....and it's on eBay going for the Buy It Now price of $99.99....'cause it's ultra rare, donchaknow!

That's cause nobody ever bought it, I 'spect.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #104 on: October 04, 2006, 04:07:16 PM »

"Eureka" -- Possible SPOILERS:

I've rather liked this SciFi Channel show since its premiere -- what was it? -- six weeks ago?

At any rate, there can't have been more than six or seven episodes, yet last night was the "season FINALE."
First season - twelve episodes.

Obviously, the show is a sleeper, since you must have slept through some of the eps.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #105 on: October 04, 2006, 04:12:43 PM »

I have to tell you, I cannot imagine where the word "Drifting" would fit into the theme from "Auntie Mame"....and it's on eBay going for the Buy It Now price of $99.99....'cause it's ultra rare, donchaknow!

That's cause nobody ever bought it, I 'spect.

Good Grief!  Perhaps Pat Boone wrote the lyrics for that one, too.
“One thing’s universal,

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #106 on: October 04, 2006, 04:14:18 PM »

First season - twelve episodes.

Obviously, the show is a sleeper, since you must have slept through some of the eps.

NO WAY!

:D

How ever could they have aired 12 episodes? (And a season of ScFi shows is usually 222-24, at a minimum...so I still contend they must have split a season's worth).

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #107 on: October 04, 2006, 04:15:40 PM »

Good Evening!

Greeting from the Apple Store on Fifth Ave!

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #108 on: October 04, 2006, 04:17:13 PM »

I did hear from Jon, and both he and Cillaliz were making their way from LGA around 5:30.  So, they should have made it into the city in plenty of time to make their show tonight.  *Although, I just walked over from the East Side, and the traffic was surprisingly heavy - even for rush hour.  In any case, they're here!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #109 on: October 04, 2006, 04:25:56 PM »

And speaking of shows...

First of all, a big Thank You to DR FJL for his continued kindness and generosity.  It was a truly generous gesture allowing me to accompany him to the theatre this past afternoon.

Secondly, as for the show... Well, I liked it.  But I just wish I had loved it - and I really wanted to love it.  Alas, even after giving "them" a couple of benefits of the doubt, all I can say is that "I liked it."

I won't go into details (just yet), but it was a bit interesting sitting in the theatre watching and listening and experiencing the show.  I did see the show during it's original Broadway run about two years before it closed.  Additionally, I've also done the show a couple of times.  And each of those times has involved personnel from the original production: the assistant choreographer, the musical supervisor who happened to be the original pianist(!), and various cast members from the original, second, third, touring, etc. casts.  So...

All I will say right now, is that I do want to see it again.  And, hopefully, I won't sit there the whole time noticing all the differences - although some of the differences are truly a bit too hard to ignore.  More importantly, I hope to see it without recalling all the various tips and tricks - spotting off the light pole stage right during the "Swan Lake" sequence, how to know how many vamps until you make your entrance, when to start passing the hats at the end of the Cassie and Zach confrontation. etc. - that I learned in the rehearsal room when I've worked on the show.  In short, I found myself being very analytical and perhaps hypercritical while watching the show today.

I did like it.  I just really want to enjoy it.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #110 on: October 04, 2006, 04:28:21 PM »

*On the way out of the theatre, I heard a gentleman asking his girlfriend why they had cut the number, "Smile".  Well...  I just had to chime in and inform that that number was only in the movie.  Then he went on to ask why they had given "What I Did For Love" to Morales.  Well... I had to chime in again...

-And the sad/scary part was that I believed that that guy really likes the movie version.  Ah, well...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #111 on: October 04, 2006, 04:29:02 PM »

-And then there was five-year old girl sitting in front of me...

Hmm...  At least she finally fell asleep about 90 minutes in.  :-\
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #112 on: October 04, 2006, 04:29:17 PM »

NO WAY!

:D

How ever could they have aired 12 episodes? (And a season of ScFi shows is usually 222-24, at a minimum...so I still contend they must have split a season's worth).
Nope, it was twelve episodes.  The first aired July 18th.

Don't forget, when they aired the first season of the new Doctor Who, the season ran for just thirteen episodes.  That's what the BBC ordered, that's what SciFi got.  This second season will run fourteen eps, but that's because they (SciFi) ran the Christmas special ("The Christmas Invasion") as part of the regular season... but then they (again SciFi) also ran the special and the season's first true episode back to back.

You get what you pay for.  Looks like the producers of EUReKA only paid for twelve.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2006, 04:30:55 PM by S. Woody White »
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #113 on: October 04, 2006, 04:29:33 PM »

And speaking of shows...

First of all, a big Thank You to DR FJL for his continued kindness and generosity.  It was a truly generous gesture allowing me to accompany him to the theatre this past afternoon.

Secondly, as for the show... Well, I liked it.  But I just wish I had loved it - and I really wanted to love it.  Alas, even after giving "them" a couple of benefits of the doubt, all I can say is that "I liked it."

I won't go into details (just yet), but it was a bit interesting sitting in the theatre watching and listening and experiencing the show.  I did see the show during it's original Broadway run about two years before it closed.  Additionally, I've also done the show a couple of times.  And each of those times has involved personnel from the original production: the assistant choreographer, the musical supervisor who happened to be the original pianist(!), and various cast members from the original, second, third, touring, etc. casts.  So...

All I will say right now, is that I do want to see it again.  And, hopefully, I won't sit there the whole time noticing all the differences - although some of the differences are truly a bit too hard to ignore.  More importantly, I hope to see it without recalling all the various tips and tricks - spotting off the light pole stage right during the "Swan Lake" sequence, how to know how many vamps until you make your entrance, when to start passing the hats at the end of the Cassie and Zach confrontation. etc. - that I learned in the rehearsal room when I've worked on the show.  In short, I found myself being very analytical and perhaps hypercritical while watching the show today.

Perhaps, before you see the show for the second time, you should be forced to watch the movie version one hundred times!!!!!!
“One thing’s universal,

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #114 on: October 04, 2006, 04:30:45 PM »

-And then there was the gentleman sitting next to me who kept looking at his watch, and asking his companion, "When's the intermission?"  Hmm...

*When I did the show in Houston a few years ago, they made pre-show announcements at 15, 10 and 5 minutes before the curtain kindly reminding the audience that there was no intermission.  Go to the bathroom.  Now!

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #115 on: October 04, 2006, 04:31:54 PM »

Perhaps, before you see the show for the second time, you should be forced to watch the movie version one hundred times!!!!!!

Well, if I have to watch it 100 times, I'm gonna tie you down in the chair next to me...

Hmm..

Maybe not...  I think you'd like that.  Being tied down that is.  :P
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #116 on: October 04, 2006, 04:33:34 PM »

After the matinee, I was able to catch a few friends coming out of the stage door - performers and musicians.  Regardless of what I thought of the production - any production - it always wonderful seeing people you know coming out of the stage door.  Just like Morales say in the show... "You've made it!"  -Or something like that.  Sorry, my blood sugar is a little low right now...
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #117 on: October 04, 2006, 04:34:06 PM »

And speaking of shows...
...In short, I found myself being very analytical and perhaps hypercritical while watching the show today.

Ain't gonna happen.  You know too much.  It's kinda like knowing the secret of the magic trick.   :'(

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #118 on: October 04, 2006, 04:34:50 PM »

...And then it was off to Idea Nails for a pedicure and manicure.  Very nice and relaxing.  -Even though my cuticles were truly in bad shape - I got "scolded" for waiting so long to come back.  ;)

It was a very nice "hour of beauty".
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #119 on: October 04, 2006, 04:36:26 PM »

And speaking of low blood sugar... Since I haven't had anything to eat since this morning, I'm gonna toddle over to 9th Avenue and rustle me up some grub.

*And then around 10:00, I'll be meeting DRs Cillaliz and Jon after their show, and then I will be taking Jon on a little tour of some of NYC's "special interest places".  :)

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up