Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: OLDER THAN SPRINGTIME  (Read 22119 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:OLDER THAN SPRINGTIME
« Reply #180 on: December 19, 2006, 08:09:49 PM »

Edi and BK - Oh, please discuss as much of this as you're willing to here on the board.  This is a glimpse into an area that I suspect will fascinate many of us, and those for whom it gets too technical will I'm sure recognize those technical posts and just skim them.

Please discuss, I am fascinated...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #181 on: December 19, 2006, 08:10:00 PM »

Watched a variety of items tonight. I began by finishing THE PUBLIC ENEMY. It's not a long movie, so I didn't have that much more to see. Cagney as magnetic as ever.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #182 on: December 19, 2006, 08:10:05 PM »

Page 7 Dance!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #183 on: December 19, 2006, 08:11:21 PM »

Aw, you can't fool me. I know there's no such thing as Sanity Claus.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #184 on: December 19, 2006, 08:12:13 PM »

Continued health vibes to Dan the Man!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #185 on: December 19, 2006, 08:12:57 PM »

THis santy claus is known to the board!

Cillaliz

« Reply #186 on: December 19, 2006, 08:14:44 PM »

I am so happy I found a good chiropractor.  He is really making me feel better and thinks only one more visit should do the trick. Cool beans.

Matt H.

« Reply #187 on: December 19, 2006, 08:14:53 PM »

Next, I watched THE TWO MRS. CARROLLS.

I like the film very much

spoiler

but I've always felt the ending was a cop-out. Surely Bogart's insane character would have finished strangling Stanwyck's character at the end since she'd given up the struggle and stupidly lost the gun to shoot him. Did Warners just want a happy ending for her?

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #188 on: December 19, 2006, 08:15:12 PM »

I just finished up my last "Closer" session of the year. (I still have more "Sex & The City"stuff for TBS.) I made spots touting Kyra's Golden Globe nom). My client brought me The Closer snow globe, with a picture of Brenda sitting on her desk holding some yummy treat and it says "She knows when you've been bad".

The card says:

"Have A Closer Holiday"
(to the tune os Jingle Bells)

Dashing Through L.A
Priority Homicide is on the way
Ding Dongs give her might
Solving cimes all day and night

Brenda's got a lead
Criminals better take heed
She'll get you to confess your crime
It's just a matter of time

TNT! TNT!
The Closer brings good cheer
Happy Holidays to you
Please tune in next year

(I couldn't help but think to myself that I know of at least a dozen people on HHW who could do a better job with the lyrics, but no, I didn't say it. I liked it better when they gave us a box of godiva chocolates last year, compliments of Brenda!)

Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #189 on: December 19, 2006, 08:15:43 PM »

It is a very familiar person as santy Claus!!

And a very attractive one! ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #190 on: December 19, 2006, 08:15:44 PM »

Glad to hear that your back is feeling better Cilla..

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #191 on: December 19, 2006, 08:16:00 PM »

I remember that avatar DR DtM!

It's an oldie but a goodie, DR JRand.  I like your new one.

Speaking of Tony Randall, I can remember the countless times he was "coaxed" by Johnny Carson into singing "Have some Madeira, M'dear".  I don't think he ever passed up an opportunity.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Matt H.

« Reply #192 on: December 19, 2006, 08:16:12 PM »

When this was over, I happened on the last 2/3 of HARRY POTTER AND THE GOBLET OF FIRE on HBO-HD. Since I had seen the first thirty minutes in HD a week or so ago, I just finished watching tne entire film tonight.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #193 on: December 19, 2006, 08:17:43 PM »

Thanks, DR DakotaCelt!
-- Anaïs Nin

Cillaliz

« Reply #194 on: December 19, 2006, 08:18:41 PM »

Thanks Dakota.

Since I have much to do tomorrow whether icy or not. I think I'll get some sleep.
Night!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #195 on: December 19, 2006, 08:19:16 PM »

"But, Ma, I don't want to be a lawyer--I want to be a chiropractor!"

"Don't you give me any of your back talk!"
-- Anaïs Nin

Matt H.

« Reply #196 on: December 19, 2006, 08:19:36 PM »

I finished the evening watching A CLAY AIKEN CHRISTMAS which I recorded off Bravo a few nights ago. This is the special he taped for NBC two years ago, and Bravo (an NBC acquisition) showed it a couple of times the other night. It's a laid back CHristmas special with basically nothing but singing. Barry Manilow, Megan Mullally, and Yolanda Adams were the guest stars. I enjoyed seeing it again.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #197 on: December 19, 2006, 08:20:52 PM »

I'm feeling rather jolly tonight.  I'm listening to Christmas With Mitch Miller.
-- Anaïs Nin

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #198 on: December 19, 2006, 08:25:59 PM »

and here is another familiar gent....

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #199 on: December 19, 2006, 08:26:38 PM »

I finished the evening watching A CLAY AIKEN CHRISTMAS which I recorded off Bravo a few nights ago. This is the special he taped for NBC two years ago, and Bravo (an NBC acquisition) showed it a couple of times the other night. It's a laid back CHristmas special with basically nothing but singing. Barry Manilow, Megan Mullally, and Yolanda Adams were the guest stars. I enjoyed seeing it again.

As much as I generally can't stand Clay Aiken, this show made for a very pleasant listen while I did some gift wrapping.
-- Anaïs Nin

Matt H.

« Reply #200 on: December 19, 2006, 08:30:04 PM »

I'm heading off to bed now.

Good night!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #201 on: December 19, 2006, 08:34:00 PM »

It's past time for me to go home!  I'm off...fortunately, there's nothing on TV that I want to watch tonight.  I plan to watch some shows that I've recorded on my DVR...I have so many! :o

:D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #202 on: December 19, 2006, 08:35:39 PM »

George, will the troubles with Mt. St. Helen affect you?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #203 on: December 19, 2006, 08:42:24 PM »

Back from the airport.  Almost no traffic going there, and only a little coming back.  Whew!

How nice to see Dan the Man around these here parts.  I shall now watch a motion picture on DVD.

MBarnum

« Reply #204 on: December 19, 2006, 08:48:48 PM »

The gasman cometh...or at least I hope he does!

Ever since I had this gas heater installed in my house earlier this year I have noticed it smells really bad when iturned on. When I complained to the heater installation company they insisted that this was normal, so I just figured I had to live with the odor even though it gave me horrible headaches.

Well after many months of this I could stand it no longer and called the gas company to see if it was really normal for it to smell so bad. They said that it was not normal at all and they would be out to check for a gas leak...however that was 2 hours ago.

So here I sit waiting for the gas man to arrive. I wish he would hurry the heck up because I want to go to bed!

MBarnum

« Reply #205 on: December 19, 2006, 08:49:26 PM »

JMK, I will check the Jewish Jingle Balls tomorrow when I get to my work computer.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #206 on: December 19, 2006, 08:56:27 PM »

DR Elmore:  I'm very much angered by MacBeth.

Give me his address.  I will -- at some point in the future -- turn up on his doorstep and knock the snot out of him.

Ron:

Such conduct would be unseemly!

May I hold your coat?

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #207 on: December 19, 2006, 09:07:26 PM »

Ron:

Such conduct would be unseemly!

May I hold your coat?

der Brucer

I have an Aunt that you can help me with Ron!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #208 on: December 19, 2006, 09:07:53 PM »

Me bad!!!

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #209 on: December 19, 2006, 09:09:20 PM »

It is a very familiar person as santy Claus!!

My stars! It's Jimmy Hoffa!

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up