Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: ABLE TO LEAP TALL BUILDINGS IN A SINGLE BOUND  (Read 13147 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
ABLE TO LEAP TALL BUILDINGS IN A SINGLE BOUND
« on: August 08, 2012, 11:52:27 PM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes leapt tall buildings in a single bound, and now it is time for you to post until the leaping cows come home - they're currently playing with the leapin' lizards.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: ABLE TO LEAP TALL BUILDINGS IN A SINGLE BOUND
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 11:53:22 PM »

And the word of the day is: WEALD!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 02:36:23 AM »

It sure is quiet here, wish i were sleeping instead of posting.

Danise

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 03:13:07 AM »

Good morning all!  I don't know what is wrong this week but I'm still not feeling up to snuff.  I can't really point to anything that is wrong.  Just plain don't feel good.  I didn't walk this morning or last night.   Hoping when the weekend gets here and I can sleep in that fixes whatever is wrong.

Vibes for that darn check for DR Elmore.

Vibes to all who need them.

Sleeping vibes to DR Jane. 

Have a wonder filled day!

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ben

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 04:03:06 AM »

Morning all.

That is all.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 04:20:02 AM »

Good morning, all! A combination of anxiety over the check's arrival, some flight anxiety, and the heat and humidity gave me a really restless night. I remember a dream with Judy Kaye, but I have no memory of what the dream was about! Then, around 5:15am, I awoke for good and tossed about until the alarm went off around 6:30.  Around 8, I will call the post office and see if my regular carrier is in today. He was off yesterday, and I suspect today as well. If he's there, I can see if the check is in the mail sorted for me and I can hopefully pick it up when I take post the two packages I have here. Of course,if he's off today, that means I'm reliant on any carrier and there's the possibility the check didn't come in.

The added complication isthat i have a 3:30 meeting with the record producer about the recording, and if the check hasn't arrived before I leave for the meeting, it means it won't be deposited today. If it shows up.

This whole thing is infuriating because the Man from Philadelphia screwed up big.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

FJL

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2012, 04:33:12 AM »

Larry, did he screw up big?  Does that mean he intended to send the check and didn't send it?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2012, 04:43:40 AM »

Larry, did he screw up big?  Does that mean he intended to send the check and didn't send it?

I do not know anything for certain at the moment.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

FJL

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2012, 04:44:00 AM »

Finally had an incident that's clicked into place an understanding of the owners at that All that Chat site that's making me understand what's going on. 

They're running a chat board that's read and actually has an impact on the theater industry, that the people in the commercial Broadway and off-Broadway and regional industry have allowed to have a commercial impact on it.

The people who run and own the site, however, are running from small, far-away cities in PA and CT, and with the politics of a local neighborhood theater newspaper, I would say with all the attendant totally expected favoritisms and I would add with all the usual behavioral tics totally expected in such a situation.

It all makes sense and comes into focus, given that.  There's just a clear break between who's running this widely read (and extremely powerful) site and who the readership and users are.

And I emphasize I mean that with no slam at local areas like Wexford, PA, it's just an observation about very close-knit  neighborhoods and environments.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 05:05:22 AM by FJL »

ChasSmith

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2012, 05:03:49 AM »

Good morning, all.

Seems to be an anxious morning all around.  VIBES for the peace and calm we all need, and continuing VIBES for that doggone check to arrive.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2012, 05:09:59 AM »

i called the post office. My regular carrier is back today, and he told me he would call me if it turns up, so I can run over to the PO and pick it up. He;s due to retire this year and it's depressing the hell out of me. I don't recall a carrier so helpful and friendly since some of the postal carriers we had in Middletown OH  50 years ago.

The Man from Philadelphia always drags his feet sendng checks:  it's been difficult dealing with vendors for the office because both he and his business manager seem to regard this effort as a secondary deal. If I send him an invoice on Monday, he won't write the check until the following weekend. He's known for a month i was sending the invoice before I left for Dublin in time to get the check deposited and the bills paid before I left. On Monday, he sent me an email saying that urgent business had prevented him from sending the check. Well, the jerk could have written the check on the day he got the invoice, and i wouldn't be sitting here fretting about the situation.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 05:19:06 AM by elmore3003 »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2012, 05:16:36 AM »

I just got the Region 2 DVD of THE CRYING GAME, which has a lot of extras not on the Region 1 disc, including the original ending and the director's commentary. I think I'll watch that tomorrow night.

and the check is in my postal carrier's hands!  He just called, and I am going over to the PO in the next 15 minutes. Then, I will head for the bank and deposit it.

I'm gonna record with Stephen Rea next week! Now I have to watch THE CRYING GAME again.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2012, 05:17:21 AM »

Thank you all for the vibes, DRs! HHW Vibes are the best!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2012, 05:20:11 AM »

I notice that I continually type "invioce" instead of "invoice" and "clarient" instead of "clarinet." Is this dyslexic typing?

Ginny

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2012, 05:28:52 AM »

Thursday morning greetings!  It was storming when I went to sleep last night and it looks like it's about to storm again.  These storms are supposed to usher in some much milder weather.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2012, 05:29:16 AM »

Yay for DR Elmore's mail carrier!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

ChasSmith

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2012, 05:39:26 AM »

That's GREAT news about the check!

AND the carrier.

I have to say that this is the first time I've known a New Yorker who's actually on speaking terms with their mail carrier, let alone has praise for him or her.  Which of course doesn't mean it's all that uncommon, but I've only heard the negative stories.  DR Elmore is very fortunate in that regard.  I can assure you it's still very much like Middletown out this way.  Our mail lady bends over backwards if there's something to look for, all the time keeping us alerted to sightings of coyotes and other such critical data.

ChasSmith

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2012, 05:43:46 AM »

TOD:

I'm at a loss.  I don't know nearly enough of Marvin Hamlisch's work.  As I glance through just his film credits, it's obvious that his passing is an all too premature loss.

Ginny

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2012, 05:50:52 AM »

Must get some breakfast and then get ready for water aerobics - bye for now!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2012, 06:00:35 AM »

The check is in the bank, the bills are posted, and my day until 3:00 is wide open.

Scott, my regular carrier, is the absolute best! I really do appreciate him and, when he retires this year, I will sorely miss him. I find the problem at the local PO, which I consider the worst in the City, is that the management is a bunch of morons. Last week, I sent the Post Office a request to have my mail held while I'm in Dublin. Scott has not yet received the request from the management.

I've had a couple of times in the past where I've submitted holds only to come back and find that the mail was being delivered. The lady in charge of the carriers, whenever I complain, has an excuse blaming everyone but her administrative incompetence. She's a fool.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2012, 06:02:49 AM »

And the word of the day is: WEALD!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  INTO THE WOODS

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2012, 06:03:37 AM »

I'm thinking I may go to Cafe 82 now and have some eggs for breakfast.

Tomorrow morning, I'm having coffee with Gion from the Miami University theatre dept who's in town, then a trip to Toyland, and then shopping for new shoes and toiletries for The Trip.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2012, 06:05:31 AM »

I am frankly surprised that DR Michael Shayne hasn't posted a list of 500 favorite Hamlisch songs this morning.

I'd list these:
  Disneyland
  About half of the score for A CHORUS LINE

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2012, 06:09:37 AM »

Good morning, all.

Great news, Elmore.

Vibes for all in need.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

ChasSmith

« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2012, 06:11:05 AM »

The gal who received my 1998 postcards a couple of weeks ago says the staff at their post office in the West Village is the absolute worst -- that there's practically no point in trying to deal with them on any but the most critical issues where it can't be avoided.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2012, 06:14:02 AM »

TOD:

Fallin'
Disneyland and a good chunk of the "Smile" score
At the Ballet
Nothing
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

FJL

« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2012, 06:14:53 AM »

The check is in the bank

Likely story!

Oh wait, that's good news.  :)

ChasSmith

« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2012, 06:22:56 AM »

You're welcome.  Now where's OUR check???

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2012, 06:35:02 AM »

You're welcome.  Now where's OUR check???

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Vibes your check arrives soon! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2012, 06:35:35 AM »

Post deleted!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up