Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: THE HUNCHBACK OF STUDIO CITY  (Read 43554 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:THE HUNCHBACK OF STUDIO CITY
« Reply #180 on: January 07, 2008, 11:24:27 AM »

Whatever the frell that means.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #181 on: January 07, 2008, 11:25:10 AM »

While and B/N, don't forget the latest issue of CLASSIC IMAGES and didn't DR CP say he would be in the new issue of AMERICAN THEATRE?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #182 on: January 07, 2008, 11:25:42 AM »

PAGE SEVEN WHAT THE FRELL? DANCE!!!!!

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #183 on: January 07, 2008, 11:27:28 AM »

In other news...

I was planning on heading back to the gym today, but since the weather has taken a nice unseasonably warm turn, I believe I may head to Central Park this afternoon for my first visit to the Reservoir in 2008.
Make Your Own Luck.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #184 on: January 07, 2008, 11:28:38 AM »

It is raining.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #185 on: January 07, 2008, 11:30:06 AM »

Dr Ben - Sorry to hear about your computer woes, but it's good to know that you and Ant have other ways to occupy your time together.  -Does he wash his own oatmeal bowl too? ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #186 on: January 07, 2008, 11:33:14 AM »

Bonnie and Buster look lovely today in warm golden tones.  Mikey is wearing classic black, and Fletcher is tres chic in a pattern of black and white.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #187 on: January 07, 2008, 11:36:20 AM »

The new shipment from Jessica's Biscuit will include Carlo Middione's Traditional Pasta as the free book.  Sadly, it didn't arrive today.  It would have been timely.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #188 on: January 07, 2008, 11:42:14 AM »

As for the Topic of the Day...

Whatever the three fresh pasta specials are on Becco's "Sinfonia di Pasta" special.  :)  For $21.95 ($16.95 at lunch) you get a choice of a Caesar Salad or a plate of their Antipasto Misto, and then unlimited servings of the three pastas of the day.  They make a Pumpkin Ravioli in Sage Butter Sauce that makes me swoon.  And sometimes they'll even feature a black-truffle topped pasta in the bunch too.  Now that's a deal!

Otherwise...

Penne (regular or rigate) with sausage, broccoli rabe, red chili flake and parmesan.

Orechiette with grilled chicken, broccoli, pine nuts in a white wine-lemon sauce.

Spaghetti a la chitarra with a fresh tomato sauce, garlic and basil.

Gnocchi a la Romana - cut into discs, covered in nutmeg-flecked bechamel, then baked in the oven until bubbly and brown on top.

Drunken Noodles - The Thai "hangover" cure.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #189 on: January 07, 2008, 11:43:37 AM »

As for the present attire report... White socks, gray underwear, black workout shorts (cotton jersey), red Old Navy t-shirt.
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #190 on: January 07, 2008, 11:50:51 AM »

Given Jose's present attire, and his plans to visit the Resevoir later, I can easliy hear him introduce himself:

"Oh, please, sir, I never expected it to be so chilly here in New York City.  Could you help me warm up again?"

;D

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #191 on: January 07, 2008, 11:53:21 AM »

... and didn't DR CP say he would be in the new issue of AMERICAN THEATRE?

The current issue of American Theatre's "Production Notebook" covers Hamlet at the Actors Guild of Lexington.  Alas, that column is not available on their online edition.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #192 on: January 07, 2008, 11:54:09 AM »

Given Jose's present attire, and his plans to visit the Resevoir later, I can easliy hear him introduce himself:

"Oh, please, sir, I never expected it to be so chilly here in New York City.  Could you help me warm up again?"

;D

Well... It's currently 60 degrees in the Central Park.  It's not that "chilly".  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #193 on: January 07, 2008, 12:04:39 PM »

Morning, all.

Our computer died over the weekend. Luckily most everything important had been backed up but I was lazy about my recent BBC clips and unless I can get those off the hard drive they are gone. I don't know when we will have a computer at the house again. I'm hoping sometime in the next two weeks. I will order my new computer from Dell tomorrow or Wednesday and it should be here quickly.

I had decided to buy a new computer anyway and take our old one out to Long Island for Anthony's mother. Well, that's not gonna happen! That's the most disappointing thing.

We have been without the computer since late Saturday evening and we haven't "absolutely" needed it. I guess because I know I have my office system during the week it's not a big issue. We read books, we conversed, we watched a couple of movies, we went to Borders and browsed. All in all, a pleasant (if grey weather) day.

That's it for now. I probably won't be around much since I'm busy with work from when I was away and you definitely won't see me this evening. I'll be here when I can.

Later!

I feel your pain!!  The same thing happened to me about four years ago but I lost everything. :P
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #194 on: January 07, 2008, 12:08:52 PM »

TV REMINDER:

The return of MEDIUM tonight with Anjelica Huston beginning a six-episode story arc as a P.I. who hires Allison to assist her with cases.

I am SO excited about one of my favorite shows returning to the air.

I set my DVR to record this, but I plan to watch it at the same time. :D I set my DVR just in case my sister needed me to come over for something, but I don't think I'll need to tonight.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 12:11:47 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ginny

« Reply #195 on: January 07, 2008, 12:13:32 PM »

TOD - I used to make something we called Lasagna Roll-ups - cooked noodles spread with a ricotta/parmesan/spinach mixture, rolled up, topped with some kind of sauce, and baked.  Lately, I've seen Olive Garden ads on TV, promoting something very similar-looking as their current special.  Maybe I'll have to find that recipe in my file...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

MBarnum

« Reply #196 on: January 07, 2008, 12:15:45 PM »

That was a very nifty family photo yesterday, DR Ginny! How fun! My mom loves to get generational photos, but I don't recall ever doing a "by decades" photo. I will have to suggest that one!

MBarnum

« Reply #197 on: January 07, 2008, 12:16:45 PM »

Indeed this is my late day at work, so I get to lounge around in the morning...I like that!

Just took Bosco for a walk and had a nice chat with my neighbor.

MBarnum

« Reply #198 on: January 07, 2008, 12:18:56 PM »

Updated clothing check:

Brown shoes, with black sole. Khaki pants. and this shirt which I just got the other day (thanks Ebay!)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #199 on: January 07, 2008, 12:21:44 PM »

And it is time for me to head off.

Ginny

« Reply #200 on: January 07, 2008, 12:21:51 PM »

Thanks, DR MBarnum!  I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #201 on: January 07, 2008, 12:25:37 PM »

Bonnie and Buster look lovely today in warm golden tones.  Mikey is wearing classic black, and Fletcher is tres chic in a pattern of black and white.

Who do you think you are, Jeanne Cagney?  ;D

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #202 on: January 07, 2008, 12:27:31 PM »

Nifty shirt!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #203 on: January 07, 2008, 12:32:00 PM »

OK... I guess I should do something with and/or for myself before the day totally gets away from me.  Thankfully, my work schedule starts to pick up gradually over the next couple of weeks - well, starting tomorrow - so, I'm hoping that will all help get me out of my "lazy vacation" phase.  -Not that I'm complaining about being able to be lazy right now, but work is nice, and the money helps too.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

singdaw

« Reply #204 on: January 07, 2008, 12:41:14 PM »

I don't recall ever doing a "by decades" photo. I will have to suggest that one!

Which decades will you and your boyfriends be covering?    ;)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #205 on: January 07, 2008, 12:51:26 PM »

I spent the morning doing some fixing and cutting a couple of things, and then I finished the chapter I was on, and began a new chapter.  I've done about three pages, and will stop at page fifty, which is one more page.  Then I'll print them out and Xerox a set for muse Margaret.

Kerry

« Reply #206 on: January 07, 2008, 12:56:38 PM »

T0D:  Tortellini with ham and peas and an Alfredo-type sauce.   That or my late grandmother's spaghetti.

The old man is still snoring.
I like boat races.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #207 on: January 07, 2008, 01:06:19 PM »

When my friend Jeff dropped by yesterday, he brought me a bag of Hershey's chocolate cherry kisses. I had never had these before, and I must say they are very addictive. Damn him!  :)
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #208 on: January 07, 2008, 01:08:44 PM »

Indeed this is my late day at work, so I get to lounge around in the morning...I like that!

Just took Bosco for a walk and had a nice chat with my neighbor.

Is this the neighbor whose wife insists on a 10-foot distance between you?  How does she feel being married to a man who's either deaf and blind or mentally damaged?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #209 on: January 07, 2008, 01:09:38 PM »

While I ate pizza for lunch, I watched a couple of BONES episodes. One was the one where Booth got captured by a West Virginia gangster and beaten senseless. It took Temperence and her father (Ryan O'Neal returning as father Max) to find and save him.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18   Go Up