Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: PSEUDOEPHEDRINE  (Read 56989 times)

singdaw

Re:PSEUDOEPHEDRINE
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2007, 05:32:20 AM »

Was just chuckling over the news reports that, at least for the USPS, with the new postal rates, size and girth do indeed matter.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 05:33:00 AM by singdaw »

singdaw

« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2007, 05:50:05 AM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]***positive week vibes***[/size][/color][/move]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
for bk

Michael

« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2007, 05:56:43 AM »

Great TOD
I wish I could remember a scene that shocked me. I am sure there was.
Never stop dreaming.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2007, 05:59:20 AM »

TOD:

I can't quite remember the first film that shocked me, but I do remember being totally stunned by the ending of NASHVILLE.  I had seen it before reading any of the reviews and was completely unprepared for it.  
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Cillaliz

« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2007, 06:07:27 AM »

Cillaliz

« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2007, 06:09:20 AM »

I think maybe The Birds...I was just a little kid and I've never looked at birds the same way, especially when they dive at me

singdaw

« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2007, 06:14:47 AM »

Would you consider trading in your day job for this one?

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2007, 06:17:51 AM »

Oh my gosh, I laughed so hard at those boys taking the Mother's Day photo. My DH heard me, so he watched it too. He said it was just like being with his brother. Thanks for posting it.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2007, 06:20:23 AM »

I watched another shocking film this weekend on DVD--ADVENTURERA!  In fact, shock follows shock in this shock-ridden, shocking film!  More happens in the first ten minutes of this movie than occur in other entire films.  And it doesn't let up from there!

I'm also shocked that I had never heard of ADVENTURERA before DR JRand started talking about it months ago.  From what I understand from the DVD extra feature, it was once considered a classic by the likes of Truffaut.  As campy and soap opera-ish it is on the surface, it also works on so many other levels.  I truly enjoyed it and I thank DR Jrand for recommending it here.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2007, 06:28:10 AM »

I've never seen The Birds, which is a good thing. It doesn't bother me when they dive at me. This avocet thought I was too close to her babies.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2007, 07:04:47 AM »

Hey, MusicGuy -- do you still have the name of the tileman who tiled your bathroom? Would you recommend him?

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2007, 07:10:55 AM »

Hey, MusicGuy -- do you still have the name of the tileman who tiled your bathroom? Would you recommend him?

Good morning dear DR Laura....

And what are you, dear DR Jose, doing just sitting there on your po-po lke so much fish!??

MusicGuy

« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2007, 07:14:30 AM »

And dear DR Laura...... the next time you stop by here, let me show you all of the details in my bathroom tile, as to why I  know that I managed to find the VERY WORST TILE PERSON in all of the Phoenix valley.

I really would have liked the grout lines in the tile to be completely straight...... even if they would then be the only things in the house that were !!

Sorry, no recommendation for this idiot.

MusicGuy

« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2007, 07:16:28 AM »

'morning dear Edi ........'morning FJL........ (kind of sounds like the start of "110 In The Shade.")

MusicGuy

« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2007, 07:18:08 AM »

Hi Elmo..... Just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you, and still holding lots of good thoughts for you every day.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2007, 07:19:15 AM »

I think maybe The Birds...I was just a little kid and I've never looked at birds the same way, especially when they dive at me

Oh! I totally forgot about that one. Yes, that would be mine, too. My parents took us to see that at the drive-in when I was about 7. Until that time, I had never seen anything but wholesome family films. I wasn't too shocked until the scene where the guy is revealed in a room full of feathers and birds with his eyes pecked out, and the camera cuts in closer and closer, very quickly... making it even more frightening. (No wonder I became an editor!) Oh, and the guy who was attacked in the phone booth!

Soon after that, we visted Bodega Bay. I was looking overhead contantly.

Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2007, 07:19:42 AM »

Thanks, MusicGuy. I was hoping for a better answer.  ;)

Cillaliz

« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2007, 07:21:55 AM »

Oh! I totally forgot about that one. Yes, that would be mine, too. My parents took us to see that at the drive-in when I was about 7. Until that time, I had never seen anything but wholesome family films. I wasn't too shocked until the scene where the guy is revealed in a room full of feathers and birds with his eyes pecked out, and the camera cuts in closer and closer, very quickly... making it even more frightening. (No wonder I became an editor!) Oh, and the guy who was attacked in the phone booth!

Soon after that, we visted Bodega Bay. I was looking overhead contantly.

Yup, it was the eyes that got me too.   We saw it on tv at my grandparents house.  At least that's one of the times I saw it.   The flying monkeys in The Wizard of Oz used to get me too, I had to cover my face until that scene was over, especially when they pulled the straw out of the scarecrow, that even made me cry
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 07:22:27 AM by Cillaliz »

Cillaliz

« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2007, 07:25:22 AM »

It's an uneasy day today.  I think around lunch time I'll go to the store and get a huge relish tray to take to my friend's house.  

I have a friend who always takes veges instead of something sweet or a casserole. When we've had relatives pass it was always greatly appreciated to have something healthy to snack on rather than just pie, casseroles and ham sandwiches.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2007, 07:25:29 AM »

Good morning one and all...

Just thought I would drop by for a few to say hello. I am now on summer hours which means I have to go to bed earlier... GRRRR!!

I am a confessed and confirmed nightowl. It is when I do my best work, best writing....
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2007, 07:27:51 AM »

Nice picture Laura!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Cillaliz

« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2007, 07:27:59 AM »

I used to be a nightowl, now when I want to hear a band I think "They aren't starting until 9:00 PM?  That's almost my bed time!"

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2007, 07:29:39 AM »

bk, I agree with you about psuedoephedrine.. It is truly the only thing that works for allergies. Claritin-D does also for my but it does make me a bit more hyper active. Alavert is a good one.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2007, 07:30:57 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up... But, boy, has it been a slow morning so far for me.

In any case...
Make Your Own Luck.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2007, 07:31:00 AM »

I think it will take a week or so to adjust.. AT least it is not 730 am, that would have been too much of a shock coming off of 330 to midnight.

singdaw

« Reply #55 on: May 14, 2007, 07:31:15 AM »

DR Cillaliz - How awful and tragic for that family.  You are very thoughtful!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #56 on: May 14, 2007, 07:32:36 AM »

As for the the Topic of the Day...

The previously mentioned:

"A Clockwork Orange"
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #57 on: May 14, 2007, 07:33:02 AM »

TOD:  the zooming in on the cackling Wicked Witch of the West in the WIZARD OF OZ (right after Dorothy sees the vsiion of Auntie Em)

singdaw

« Reply #58 on: May 14, 2007, 07:33:17 AM »

WOD montage:
[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][/move]

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2007, 07:34:30 AM »

DR Cillaliz - I had no idea what to say after you posted that tragic new last  night.  Peace and comfort to everyone involved over the next couple of days.
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15   Go Up