Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: EARTING  (Read 15164 times)

MBarnum

Re: EARTING
« Reply #150 on: May 22, 2010, 06:51:02 PM »

Perhaps there will be some kitty videos soon?

MBarnum

« Reply #151 on: May 22, 2010, 06:52:26 PM »

Page 6 kitty in a bag dance.

Laura

« Reply #152 on: May 22, 2010, 06:53:46 PM »

Thanks. I like to send a baby photo with the kittens when I take them to adoptions. I sure wish I had a baby picture of Joshie.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #153 on: May 22, 2010, 06:55:14 PM »

I'll try to get a video soon.

MBarnum

« Reply #154 on: May 22, 2010, 06:55:17 PM »

BK, I am glad that you reading went well. Wish I could have been there, but would have been a rather long drive.

Am almost finished with your book, and hate to have it come to an end. I am so enjoying it, and I honestly mean that!

Just finished another BK episode of PARTRIDGE FAMILY (You're Only Young Twice)...Bruce, you looked really quite cute in this episode.

And watched BK's The Good time Girls episode of LAVERNE AND SHIRLEY.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #155 on: May 22, 2010, 06:55:25 PM »

BK - congratulations on a successful book event today!

DITTO!!

MBarnum

« Reply #156 on: May 22, 2010, 07:00:35 PM »

RE: PARTRIDGE FAMILY and LAVERNE AND SHIRLEY...you know how some shows from your childhood still are funny even when you watch them today...I mean, GILLIGAN'S ISLAND, THE MUNSTERS, THE ADDAMS FAMILY, I LOVE LUCY, they all seem to hold up, and I laugh heartily at them...but PARTRIDGE FAMILY...well, I am kind of surprised it lasted as long as it did...and why was David Cassidy considered such hot stuff?

LAVERNE AND SHIRLEY gave me a few chuckles, but I don't plan on watching any of the other episodes on the disk...even though that Eddie Mekka is quite the hunk! I had forgotten about him. The show was one of my favorites as a kid...maybe there was just not enough competition on the other channels at the time.

Mekka is also quite a singer, from what I understand, but why are there no CDs of him around? I would buy them.

MBarnum

« Reply #157 on: May 22, 2010, 07:04:25 PM »

I forgot to mention that Cindy Williams was in one of the ROOM 222 episodes that I watched the other night. Gosh, she seemed so young!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #158 on: May 22, 2010, 07:04:53 PM »

Eddie Mekka still tours in shows every once in a while, but why no CDs? You got me. I always enjoyed him, too. Very easy-going presence.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #159 on: May 22, 2010, 07:11:58 PM »

Eddie has a cd on the way, according to his website: http://www.eddiemekka.com/default2.html
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #160 on: May 22, 2010, 07:12:56 PM »

The very last line of Mekka's site, though, promises an upcoming concert in 2004. Guess it isn't updated much.
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #161 on: May 22, 2010, 07:13:57 PM »

On baseball songs: There's also the part of "One Hundred Easy Ways" from "Wonderful Town," but the I think the point of yesterday's conversation was about Jews and Baseball. Still, are there any more baseball songs out there. Obviously something from "Babe," but I haven't heard the whole score, only the song Emily Skinner recorded, "A Growing Boy."

The great song from "Babe" was recorded by Debbie Gravitte, on UNSUNG MUSICALS III; it's called "Hero" and breaks my heart.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

« Reply #162 on: May 22, 2010, 07:15:56 PM »

On baseball songs: There's also the part of "One Hundred Easy Ways" from "Wonderful Town," but the I think the point of yesterday's conversation was about Jews and Baseball. Still, are there any more baseball songs out there. Obviously something from "Babe," but I haven't heard the whole score, only the song Emily Skinner recorded, "A Growing Boy."

I remember the song. Forgot it was from "Babe." And you're right, it's a stunner.

The great song from "Babe" was recorded by Debbie Gravitte, on UNSUNG MUSICALS III; it's called "Hero" and breaks my heart.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #163 on: May 22, 2010, 07:23:20 PM »

Night all. Gotta get to work at too dark early in the morning.
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #164 on: May 22, 2010, 07:24:06 PM »

I am back from a great day. My departure time was totally screwed up by discovering my Facebook accoutn was tampered with and that sent me into security anxiety. As a result, I left late andarrived late. The first person I rasn into was our DR Jose, to whom I was rather rude, quite unintentionally. I had to find Bruce Pomahac and let hm know I was there. It's a new store, I didn't know the territory and I think it's rather peculiarly laid out. After I found him, got introduced to the owner to whom he was speaking, I went looking for Jose and could not find him. I am feeling rather unhappy at the whole turn of events, because it really was nice to see Jose. It's been some time since I last saw him.

After that, we went to dinner, and then we went back to Bruce's where we watched the 1930 film of THE VAGABOND KING, with a great performance by Jeanette macDonald and a stagebound, bravura matinee-idol one from Dennis King. After that we watched the 1958 tv broadcast of ALADDIN with Sal Mineo, Dennis King, Cyril Ritchard, Anna Maria Alberghetti, Basil Rathbone, Howard Morris, and Una Merkel.

Now i'm home.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Laura

« Reply #165 on: May 22, 2010, 07:43:35 PM »

...and why was David Cassidy considered such hot stuff?

A nice guy, I'm sure. But no Donny Osmond.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #166 on: May 22, 2010, 07:47:34 PM »

The most frightening Eddie Mekka news of all time is that he's about to star in a production of Fiddler On The Roof - probably dinner theater or stock or something. 

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #167 on: May 22, 2010, 08:04:18 PM »

BK Glad the reading went so well

Ditto!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #168 on: May 22, 2010, 08:15:24 PM »

Good Evening!

Alas...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #169 on: May 22, 2010, 08:15:41 PM »

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #170 on: May 22, 2010, 08:19:24 PM »

I am back from a great day. My departure time was totally screwed up by discovering my Facebook accoutn was tampered with and that sent me into security anxiety. As a result, I left late andarrived late. The first person I rasn into was our DR Jose, to whom I was rather rude, quite unintentionally. I had to find Bruce Pomahac and let hm know I was there. It's a new store, I didn't know the territory and I think it's rather peculiarly laid out. After I found him, got introduced to the owner to whom he was speaking, I went looking for Jose and could not find him. I am feeling rather unhappy at the whole turn of events, because it really was nice to see Jose. It's been some time since I last saw him.

DR elmore - No worries.  I could sense you were "on a mission", so... And I was actually on my way out since I, too, was running late.  I got a bit nostalgic and carried away while I was browsing.  I really do hope that they get the word out, and start pulling some customers from Colony.

And I'm sure our paths will cross again sooner or later, and for more than just a few seconds.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #171 on: May 22, 2010, 08:22:19 PM »

There were a couple of "see-lebrities" who stopped by the store while I was there: Peter Filichia, Michael Feinstein, a couple members of the Steinway family, and two very attractive gentlemen whom everyone else seemed to know except for me. ???

*And I sense that DR MBarnum would have spent a lot of time at the champagne table since the catering staff looked quite fetching in their tight black t-shirts. ;)

Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #172 on: May 22, 2010, 08:28:17 PM »

I just had a nice chat with Mr Ron Raines, who's in St Louis rehearsing A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC with Sian Phillips and Amy Irving, directed by Isaac Mizrahi. I am now off to meet Bruce Pomahac and have a great aftwernoon and evening. Walter Willison sent a lot of his friends an email about the opening of this new music shop, so I'm suspecting he will be there holding court.

The recording of A Little Night Music with Siân Phillips as Desiree is one of my favorites.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #173 on: May 22, 2010, 08:29:26 PM »

The most frightening Eddie Mekka news of all time is that he's about to star in a production of Fiddler On The Roof - probably dinner theater or stock or something. 

Well...

He's currently playing Tevye at The Engeman Theater on Long Island. Here's a LINK.  It's an Equity house, but I'm not sure if it would be classified as Regional, Stock, or Summer Stock (they're a year-round theatre).

However, this is the second time he's played Tevye. A couple of years ago, he played Tevye in a production of Fiddler at the historic Bucks County Playhouse.  Here's a YouTube Clip. -Consider yourself warned. :-\
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #174 on: May 22, 2010, 08:30:24 PM »

DR Laura - :) :) :) :) :) KITTIES!!!!!!!!!!!!  :) :) :) :) :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #175 on: May 22, 2010, 08:33:20 PM »

I am impressed by Pablo also!

...oh, I guess I should have say that after I watch the  video ;)

DR MBarnum - HA!  Actually, my friend, Brendan - a.k.a. The Busking Violinist - literally gasped out loud, "Whoa, Baby!" when Señor Saínz-Villegas made his entrance last night too.  I gasped to myself. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #176 on: May 22, 2010, 08:40:34 PM »

bk - Nice to read that your reading went well. Are you thinking of having one here in NYC? Maybe you should see if you could book Joe Allen during their slow afternoon period?
Make Your Own Luck.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #177 on: May 22, 2010, 08:46:26 PM »

Bk, of course,you packed the house!  What segments did you read?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #178 on: May 22, 2010, 08:47:10 PM »

And just because...

"If I Were A Rich Man" from Fiddler On the Roof... In Dutch!
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #179 on: May 22, 2010, 09:04:03 PM »

I read the introduction, the first few pages of the prologue (up to moving to NY), and then being seen by Shelley Morrison in Jimmy Shine and then her having me meet her agent (who becomes my agent) and right up through getting my first guest shot on the Young Lawyers.  I was actually surprised by the number of very big laughs it got.  But every time I mention my daughter I get choked up - don't know why.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up