Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: A MEATBALL MADE OF PUDDING  (Read 23740 times)

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
Re:A MEATBALL MADE OF PUDDING
« Reply #270 on: March 24, 2008, 05:31:58 PM »

"YOU ARE SO STUPID!"

There. I feel better.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #271 on: March 24, 2008, 05:32:44 PM »

STUPID DANCE!

Every dance I do is a stupid dance.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #272 on: March 24, 2008, 05:35:01 PM »

We "borrowed" a couple of images from Dick and Jane to put together a desktop photo.

We're just too gay  ;)

"That was so amusing I feared I might suffer incontinence in my trousers."  -- DR Sandra

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #273 on: March 24, 2008, 05:35:42 PM »

Greetings all!  I hope you will forgive me if I share a little personal miracle that happened to me today.

I know a lot of you just think I am kind of a whack job at times, with a rather strange sense of humor.  However, I actually have a serious side, at times, and I am also fairly religious - honestly!  You can't have gone through a lot of the things that have happened to me in my life without having a strong faith in God.

Well, a few months back, to make a long story semi-short; I lost a lawsuit resulting from an old debt that happened while I was off-work without pay for four months when I broke my back in 2002.  I tried repeatedly to make payment arrangements with this lawyer about this debt, but he didn't want to hear anything about payments.  Instead he garnished my wages.

So for the months of February, March and April; I have just over $900.00 a month taken out of my net wages.  It is has been a nightmare trying to keep myself above water.  Finally this week I reached the end of my rope.  I was stuck trying to figure how I was going to rob Peter, yet again; so that I could try to pay Paul.

I don't like to ask for favors for myself from God when I pray, although I am constantly bugging him for help for other people.  This weekend, I finally ran out of options I prayed very hard and I told God that I needed to ask his help to get through, at least, this month.

Well, this morning I got a call from the agency that I am listed with, that I have landed a photo shoot for tomorrow morning in Seattle.  It is for a large Health Care system here in the Northwest, probably for one of their brochures.  Bottom line:  About 5 hours work tomorrow.  The payment:  $750.00.

I don't know how I am going to manage next month, but, at least this month is settled.  Of course, I have no idea how soon I will get paid, but the check is almost in the mail!

Forgive me for rambling, but I needed to share this with my family.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #274 on: March 24, 2008, 05:38:22 PM »

Greetings all!  I hope you will forgive me if I share a little personal miracle that happened to me today.

I know a lot of you just think I am kind of a whack job at times, with a rather strange sense of humor.  However, I actually have a serious side, at times, and I am also fairly religious - honestly!  You can't have gone through a lot of the things that have happened to me in my life without having a strong faith in God.

Well, a few months back, to make a long story semi-short; I lost a lawsuit resulting from an old debt that happened while I was off-work without pay for four months when I broke my back in 2002.  I tried repeatedly to make payment arrangements with this lawyer about this debt, but he didn't want to hear anything about payments.  Instead he garnished my wages.

So for the months of February, March and April; I have just over $900.00 a month taken out of my net wages.  It is has been a nightmare trying to keep myself above water.  Finally this week I reached the end of my rope.  I was stuck trying to figure how I was going to rob Peter, yet again; so that I could try to pay Paul.

I don't like to ask for favors for myself from God when I pray, although I am constantly bugging him for help for other people.  This weekend, I finally ran out of options I prayed very hard and I told God that I needed to ask his help to get through, at least, this month.

Well, this morning I got a call from the agency that I am listed with, that I have landed a photo shoot for tomorrow morning in Seattle.  It is for a large Health Care system here in the Northwest, probably for one of their brochures.  Bottom line:  About 5 hours work tomorrow.  The payment:  $750.00.

I don't know how I am going to manage next month, but, at least this month is settled.  Of course, I have no idea how soon I will get paid, but the check is almost in the mail!

Bravo, DR TCB! I hope it's the first of several monthly photoshoots.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #275 on: March 24, 2008, 05:41:19 PM »

Good news, DR TCB!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #276 on: March 24, 2008, 05:44:54 PM »

DR Jane - haven't seen any of those, but I have read Josephine Tey's To Love and Be Wise.

Awhile back my book group read DAUGHTER OF TIME, which is why FRANCHISE caught my attention at the used book store.  I think I will read the rest of her books, beginning with her first one.  There aren't all that many to read.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #277 on: March 24, 2008, 05:46:54 PM »

We "borrowed" a couple of images from Dick and Jane to put together a desktop photo.

We're just too gay  ;)

You should see the wallpaper on my computer at home. :D

I could post it when I get home.  It's a picture of Raoul (someone, I don't remember his last right now)...the image doesn't show his whole body...but what you do see is cherse!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #278 on: March 24, 2008, 05:49:27 PM »

DR Ben, I'm sure there aren't any complaints over your, too cute, desktop image. :)

George

« Reply #279 on: March 24, 2008, 05:50:05 PM »

That's wonderful!  Congrats!  And Good Luck with next month!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #280 on: March 24, 2008, 05:51:54 PM »

I've never seen "Singin' in the Rain" except on stage about 17 years or so ago.

:o  You really must see it. Donald O'Connor does one of the all time great dance scenes.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #281 on: March 24, 2008, 05:55:53 PM »

That's great news, TCB.

Jane

« Reply #282 on: March 24, 2008, 05:57:38 PM »

GREAT NEWS TCB!!!!

That is a lot of money taken out of your wages, I'm very sorry.

VIBES FOR MANY MORE SHOOTS, AND LOADS OF EXTRA MONEY!!!

singdaw

« Reply #283 on: March 24, 2008, 06:00:08 PM »

Great news for dear DR TCB.  He certainly deserves it.

And cute, cute artwork, DR Ben!   :D

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #284 on: March 24, 2008, 06:00:31 PM »

Congrats, TCB.

Could you now work out a deal with G-d to smite my deadbeat eBay bidder and also get my television fixed?  Thanks!
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #285 on: March 24, 2008, 06:00:50 PM »

Wonderful news, TCB!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Ginny

« Reply #286 on: March 24, 2008, 06:02:34 PM »

I've been doing the "pack & post" routine for the last couple of hours.    I have a 9:30am flight from Cincinnati to Minneapolis tomorrow, but have done about all I can do until morning.  Time to quit and go watch New Amsterdam with Richard.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #287 on: March 24, 2008, 06:06:16 PM »

SAFE AND EASY TRAVEL VIBES!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #288 on: March 24, 2008, 06:07:00 PM »

Have a great trip DR GINNY.

I, too, love the artwork posted by DR BEN.  Charming....and yes, DR SANDRA, we used to dress like that!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #289 on: March 24, 2008, 06:07:28 PM »

Wonderful news, DR TCB.

I am watching TRADER HORN in TCM and it has turned into mostly a travelogue.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #290 on: March 24, 2008, 06:24:38 PM »

Great timing, Keith arrived home just minutes ahead of the plumber.  Now he has gone out in the rain & cold to discuss the heater.

Well, if you keep your water heater outside, that might be part of the problem!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

George

« Reply #291 on: March 24, 2008, 06:25:52 PM »

Time for me to leave.  I have things to see, people to go, places to do.

;)

Until later.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 06:26:11 PM by George »

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #292 on: March 24, 2008, 06:29:10 PM »

I got a Windex shoeshine today.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #293 on: March 24, 2008, 06:30:07 PM »

And now my saddle shoes are as shiny as our new windows.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Jane

« Reply #294 on: March 24, 2008, 06:35:03 PM »

If only I had known about Windex.  I think of all those horrible years I had to polish my oxfords with white shoe polish.  I hated it!  And it was so difficult not to get white on the black portion.

Jane

« Reply #295 on: March 24, 2008, 06:39:20 PM »

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #296 on: March 24, 2008, 06:40:36 PM »

I've an early morning tomorrow.

Hasta la.

(Hmmm, maybe a new catch phrase.)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #297 on: March 24, 2008, 06:45:23 PM »

Quick! Someone tell me --

What are these forks for?

Is the funny one for salad? Or dessert? Or what????

Danise

« Reply #298 on: March 24, 2008, 06:46:21 PM »

Hi all!  I'm just popping in for a moment.  Can you BELIEVE it's going down to 44 degrees here in the Land of Sunshine?  I've had it!  I'm moving to someplace WARM--like Florida!  :)

Dear TCB, I wish I could win that darn lotto so I could not only help myself but also dear friends, like you.  

My latest news is the hunt for the perfect bed--which I found this weekend.  That's the good part.  The bad part is the price--a mere $6,499.00!   :o   It was a good thing I was laying down on it at the time I was told the price because I would have fell down.  

Anyway, I knew that it was out of the question.   Tonight I happned to look on Crags list and found the exact bed for much, much much less.  I am going to look at it this Saturday.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

« Reply #299 on: March 24, 2008, 06:57:11 PM »

Hi Danise :D
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up