Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: THE WORLD IS A CIRCLE  (Read 29091 times)

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
Re: THE WORLD IS A CIRCLE
« Reply #150 on: February 20, 2009, 01:31:39 PM »

~~~~JUGGLING VIBES FOR DAW~~~~~~~~~~
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #151 on: February 20, 2009, 01:33:00 PM »

page SIX dance[/size]
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 01:34:47 PM by vixmom »

vixmom

« Reply #152 on: February 20, 2009, 01:35:43 PM »

Sorry to hear about your glasses Ginny.  I do not have a spare pair.  I really should get some if anything happens to these I'm sunk.

vixmom

« Reply #153 on: February 20, 2009, 01:37:01 PM »

Yes RLP the opticians are going crazy with the costs for lenses it is really ridiculous. One reason I do not have a spare pair

vixmom

« Reply #154 on: February 20, 2009, 01:37:42 PM »

~~~~HEALTH VIBES FOR BK, SWW and JOSE~~~~~~~~~~

vixmom

« Reply #155 on: February 20, 2009, 01:38:32 PM »

I have not seen The Changling

vixmom

« Reply #156 on: February 20, 2009, 01:39:34 PM »

Still no news to report same old same old

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #157 on: February 20, 2009, 01:39:41 PM »

I have not seen The Changling

Nor have I.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #158 on: February 20, 2009, 01:42:24 PM »

I got my errands done late this morning, but it was cold. I was so glad I wore a heavy jacket out. Funny thing, there were SEVERAL people walking around the outdoor shopping center in shorts! It was 46 degrees out.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #159 on: February 20, 2009, 01:44:03 PM »

I watched BURN NOTICE while I ate lunch. Wonderful episode with some nice surprises (early on especially). Funny to see Clarence Williams III in a small role near the end.

Matt H.

« Reply #160 on: February 20, 2009, 01:46:34 PM »

I spent most of the afternoon with IRONWEED. It's 143 minutes long, and it's a bleak story, but for some reason I've always liked it a lot. (Most people I know would run screaming from the room if it was on.) The acting is so true, and there are great characters all over the place.

Couldn't believe Lionsgate released it on DVD in an open matte 4:3 transfer. It would have looked so much better and been much sharper if they had done an anamorphic widescreen transfer. Argh!

Matt H.

« Reply #161 on: February 20, 2009, 01:48:15 PM »

There was only one bonus on the disc. It was a photo gallery of stills (19 pictures).

Yep, it's a pretty much barebones release with very little thought or care put into its production.

Matt H.

« Reply #162 on: February 20, 2009, 01:49:04 PM »

I spent the rest of my viewing time this afternoon with today's AS THE WORLD TURNS. Nothing of interest, and nothing in the previews for next week either.

Matt H.

« Reply #163 on: February 20, 2009, 01:50:14 PM »

The review copy situation picked up a little bit yesterday and today with RICK & STEVE - Season 2 arriving late yesterday and the next Criterion/Kurosawa movie arriving today.

Matt H.

« Reply #164 on: February 20, 2009, 01:54:11 PM »

Jumping off-line now for a bit so I can get some writing done.

WBBL.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #165 on: February 20, 2009, 01:56:29 PM »

I am being entertained right now. Alas, unintentionally and for all the wrong reasons, but entertained  nonetheless. Bemused might be a better, the proper word.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #166 on: February 20, 2009, 02:08:13 PM »

I am being entertained right now. Alas, unintentionally and for all the wrong reasons, but entertained  nonetheless. Bemused might be a better, the proper word.

Do they know that you are watching?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #167 on: February 20, 2009, 02:22:16 PM »

The Act Three final edits are finished, as are perhaps aquarter of the appensix. tomorrow morning, I have to go into the office and deal with them, so that shoots down the possibility of an early movie with DR Jose, I'm sorry to say.

Right now I'm very sleepy and ready for a nap but i have to leave in an hour to meet my friend Chris for PAL JOEY.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #168 on: February 20, 2009, 02:23:18 PM »

I'm up, I'm up.  Still pretty stuffed up so I doubt I'll do any singing today, but you never know.

I took off from work today, danged cold.  I won't be doing any singing today, either, and the whole world is grateful.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #169 on: February 20, 2009, 02:36:21 PM »

PAGE FIVE ANGELINA JOLIE IN "THE CHANGELING" DANCE!!!!

That is not a "drama" face.  Angelina Jolie does not have a "drama" face.  Other genres, sure.  But Douglas Sirk quit making movies ages ago, and his was the only kind of drama she could possibly have made and been believable.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #170 on: February 20, 2009, 02:38:05 PM »

Is this mishap day at HHW? 

MISS HAP:

And the pic doesn't even show her butt-bow!

Kerry

« Reply #171 on: February 20, 2009, 02:42:51 PM »

I need to catch up on posts and wil shortly.

TOD;
DVD--  "Shirley Valentine"

CD's two Bobbe Norris releases.  She must know I like her,so she released an LP in 1966 (never re-released and only in the hands of collectors for much dineros), an LP in 1986 recently re-released on CD and one from 1999.  So many authors and singers I like seem to go into seclusion and never write or sing again.   Pity, too!

I think Peggy Lee was one of of favorites who recorded more albums than anyone!  Possibly Rosemary Clooney, too (although she had to record so much of that mitch Miller stuff for awhile... but her voice.......)
I like boat races.

Kerry

« Reply #172 on: February 20, 2009, 02:45:16 PM »

People already know I'm nuts, and yes, I sing and talk to Sugar.  This afternoon, we were walking and I had to sit down because I was laughing so hard.  I realized I had been doing my impression of David Sedaris doing his impression of Billie Holiday while we we were walking.  Sugar seemed to enjoy it, though!
I like boat races.

Kerry

« Reply #173 on: February 20, 2009, 02:46:51 PM »

Health vibes to all. Weather vibes and joy vibes too!
I like boat races.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #174 on: February 20, 2009, 02:46:52 PM »

Back from my travels.  Did the long jog, showered and was on my way to Mr. Geissman's.  We recorded all of Lauren's vocals, Jenna Romano's vocal, and finally Cason's.  Everyone did very well and the whole thing took less than two hours.  I then picked up a package that contained what will be the cover art for the new soundtrack release.  Got some fruit at Gelson's, which I'll now eat to hold me over till my Thai dinner at seven.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #175 on: February 20, 2009, 02:54:15 PM »

Since I'm not feeling all that hot, I sent der B to the store for a few items.  I wanted onions and Kitchen Basics Beef Stock, so I can make onion soup tonight, and some bread for the soup as well.  I reminded him to get the GDNP (that's a High Anxiety ref, for G..D... NewsPaper, for those who are interested).  And I asked for some ginger ale, which I always enjoy when I ail.

He came back with seven bags filled with "stuff".

This is not unusual for couples.  I see it all the time.  There's the one half of a couple who does the regular shopping, and that person is very methodical and logical about how that shopping is done.  They buy what they need, and stick to a budget.

Then, there's the times the other half of the couple goes shopping.  Their eyes get big, they mutter to themselves "Hey, this looks neat!", and their hands develop some kind of glue to which all manner of stuff is attracted, a glue that disengages when the stuff is hovering over their shopping cart, only to reactivate at the next "neat" item.  Supermarkets make a fortune off of these guys.

Der B will, at some point in the future, grumble because I'm not using all the stuff in my cooking.  "Why are you wasting money?" he will ask.  "Look at all these things we have here, waiting to be used!"

Like all the other one halves of the couples, I will simply sigh and shake my head.

It's my own danged fault, letting him do the shopping.

::)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #176 on: February 20, 2009, 03:01:48 PM »

I shouldn't complain too much about der B's shopping.  He took advantage of a sale and bought... Morning Glory seeds!

He's teased me about my love of morning glories (and moon flowers) for years.  But they do add some color to the yard.

We've a "tree" out back, really a weed with a trunk.  I don't know what it is, but every year it produces these outrageously large, foot-wide dinnerplate leaves.  And it is tall - taller than the house, which, since it's growing in back of the house means that it's more than two stories tall.  And, of course, it grows right outside my back window, effectively blocking my view of the dell behind the house.

So, this year, I've decided to plant those morning glories around the base of the tree.  With any luck, they'll grow up and up and take over the entire plant.

Heck, if I can't see the dell, at least I'll have pretty flowers to look at!

:D

FJL

« Reply #177 on: February 20, 2009, 03:31:28 PM »

Tonight's Skip's last night of Chocolate-making class.

FJL

« Reply #178 on: February 20, 2009, 03:32:21 PM »

Thought I'd share - the info, not the chocolate; well, of course we certainly would share the chocolate if anyone from HHW were here, but you know what i mean.

Laura

« Reply #179 on: February 20, 2009, 03:37:16 PM »

Wow. Morning glory seeds. I love morning glories. They are so beautiful. They are illegal in Arizona, though.
"That's a lotta hamsters."
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Up