Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: MY NOCTURNAL WANDERINGS  (Read 35326 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:MY NOCTURNAL WANDERINGS
« Reply #180 on: September 25, 2007, 09:36:48 AM »

Well, I shall be spending this afternoon not in The Acorn Theatre, but here taking care of some cleaning and some practicing.  I'm playing a brief No, No Nannette audition for Encores! at 5:00, and I have a few songs to prepare.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #181 on: September 25, 2007, 09:37:51 AM »

All the talk about Minneapolis this morning is interesting, because a coworker and I have been cooking up a trip there March 24-29, 2008, for the Public Library Association 12th National Conference.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #182 on: September 25, 2007, 09:38:04 AM »

In the case of the Fargo Theatre, its marquee is more widely known.

Here is a photo tour of the Fargo Theatre
http://www.fargotheatre.org/photo_tour.htm
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 09:40:10 AM by DakotaCelt »
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Cillaliz

« Reply #183 on: September 25, 2007, 09:38:31 AM »

I'm trying something new this afternoon. It's a Webinar.  It's not free, but there's no travel cost etc so it's a lot less expensive than traveling to a seminar.   I'm curious to see how it will work. I have to call in and tune in on the computer both.  It's a topic I can really use right now, so I'm looking forward to it.   Maybe I should go buy some refreshments.....a little popcorn perhaps?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #184 on: September 25, 2007, 09:39:10 AM »

PAGE SEVEN NO, NO NANETTE DANCE!!!

Make Your Own Luck.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #185 on: September 25, 2007, 09:39:26 AM »

I stand corrected both theatres were built earlier. Fargo in the early 20s and the Empire in 1919
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #186 on: September 25, 2007, 09:40:48 AM »

Good luck Jose!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #187 on: September 25, 2007, 09:40:53 AM »

As opposed to "No, No Nonet" which deals with the trials and tribulations of a chamber music group.
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #188 on: September 25, 2007, 09:41:06 AM »

...and we'll all be singing off-stage during various moments.  
Better off-stage than off-key!

:o
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Cillaliz

« Reply #189 on: September 25, 2007, 09:41:19 AM »

All the talk about Minneapolis this morning is interesting, because a coworker and I have been cooking up a trip there March 24-29, 2008, for the Public Library Association 12th National Conference.

I love Minneapolis!  It was the closest city for us growing up (well Sioux Falls was closer, but I'm talking City here).   My family went there several times a year and we took a number of school trips to see shows at the Guthrie or Chanhassan or The Children's Theater.  It was great.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #190 on: September 25, 2007, 09:42:00 AM »

http://www.empireartscenter.com/history.html

This site has some photos and history of the Empire

I like the restoration of the Fargo Theatre a lot better.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #191 on: September 25, 2007, 09:43:46 AM »

In the Empire pictures, it does not show it but there is a little coffee shop just to the right of the building.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #192 on: September 25, 2007, 09:44:27 AM »

I love Minneapolis!  It was the closest city for us growing up (well Sioux Falls was closer, but I'm talking City here).   My family went there several times a year and we took a number of school trips to see shows at the Guthrie or Chanhassan or The Children's Theater.  It was great.

Love the Cities...

Ginny

« Reply #193 on: September 25, 2007, 09:45:03 AM »

DR Cillaliz - I have done several webinars.  The challenge is to keep paying attention.  It's tempting to click on another window and check your email or HHW  ;).

Being in a cube farm, I could not put my phone on speaker and wished I had a headset.  If you have your office to yourself and have a speaker phone, it should be pretty comfy for you.

Let us know how you like the format.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 09:46:55 AM by Ginny »
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #194 on: September 25, 2007, 09:45:46 AM »

Fargo Theatre has a Wurlitzer organ that I have heard several times. It is fun to listen to it.

Cillaliz

« Reply #195 on: September 25, 2007, 09:46:30 AM »

Yes, I can see that would be a problem.  I'm really going to try to pay attention, I know quite a bit about the topic, but I learned it before I had actual cases. Now I NEED to know this stuff.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #196 on: September 25, 2007, 09:47:44 AM »

It is easy to get distracted during a webinar...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #197 on: September 25, 2007, 09:48:16 AM »

Good luck!

singdaw

« Reply #198 on: September 25, 2007, 09:54:05 AM »

DR JoseSPiano - do you have a real piano in your apartment, or a keyboard with headphones?  If the latter, does it have weighted action?  Just curious...

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #199 on: September 25, 2007, 09:55:02 AM »

Btw for any BIG BROTHER fans the last 2 housecalls are quite interesting. The 2nd to last show (the wed) has dani/dick. And the last show has zach/eric.

You can go to www.cbs.com/innertube and click on big brother (housecalls is one of the choices).

Nothing personal toward you, DR Jennifer, but the thought of seeing any of those "individuals" again is enough to make me retch.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 09:55:20 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

singdaw

« Reply #200 on: September 25, 2007, 09:56:52 AM »

Does anyone even make housecalls, anymore?

singdaw

« Reply #201 on: September 25, 2007, 09:57:47 AM »

Places, everyone...

Places for Act I of The Brain!

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%] :)    :)    :)    :)    :)    :)[/move]

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #202 on: September 25, 2007, 10:00:18 AM »

Oakland's Grand Lake Theater is historic AND active, under private ownership:
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #203 on: September 25, 2007, 10:02:57 AM »

Good Morning!  Good Afternoon!

I'm up, I'm up... And watching the Noon news... Hmm... Security officers asleep - on tape! - at nuclear power plant... :-\
Now THAT'S what I call a slow news day!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #204 on: September 25, 2007, 10:03:18 AM »

It is easy to get distracted during a webinar...

Heck, I think it's easy to get distracted when I'm sitting at the head of the table taking minutes during a meeting.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

singdaw

« Reply #205 on: September 25, 2007, 10:03:29 AM »

A partial aerial view of you-know-what.

If you squint, you can kind of see DR JoseSPiano, over there behind that tree...

Ben

« Reply #206 on: September 25, 2007, 10:04:25 AM »

Ahh, Chanhassen Dinner Theatre. I haven't been for years but they were actually quite good for a "dinner theatre". I know the reputation of dinner theatres is not the best but Chan put on some good stuff and they were quite the employer of Equity actors in the Minneapolis area.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #207 on: September 25, 2007, 10:05:28 AM »

A partial aerial view of you-know-what.

If you squint, you can kind of see DR JoseSPiano, over there behind that tree...

Are you sure that's not him over by that bush?  From this angle, it sure resembles him...
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 10:06:37 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Ben

« Reply #208 on: September 25, 2007, 10:07:11 AM »

I'm back from the doctor. Everything went well. He's in a new space in midtown (he had been part of a larger practice in a hospital downtown just blocks from Ground Zero) so instead of going out the door of his office to have my blood drawn I had to leave the building and go to a Duane Reade drugstore on 5th Avenue and 45th Street. A medical lab leases space on the second floor of the drugstore and then they send the results to my doctor. It was the same as doing it in the old building but it was strange to go into a busy drug store to get blood taken and to give a urine sample.

I should know the results of my blood work sometime next week.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #209 on: September 25, 2007, 10:07:29 AM »

Growing up in Burbank, CA, there weren't any movie palaces in town.  Since it's what's called a "bedroom community," what we had were more like movie split-levels, at best.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13   Go Up