Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: LIPOSUCTION  (Read 26843 times)

Cillaliz

Re: LIPOSUCTION
« Reply #180 on: June 03, 2010, 05:35:14 PM »

Just ordered the trilogy on Amazon.  It was a good price in paperback. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #181 on: June 03, 2010, 05:35:34 PM »

Page seven....how about that!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #182 on: June 03, 2010, 05:36:51 PM »

Hi DR George!

Hi Cilla!  It's been pretty weird at work...NOTHING seems to work in our new computer system anymore. :P

Well tell the computer to quit acting up and start working....that should do it

If only...

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #183 on: June 03, 2010, 05:40:15 PM »

Things that worked Tuesday don't work today.  Things that worked this morning don't work this afternoon.  They had to kick everyone out of it and reboot.  I was only able to create an order because the items that I need to order are already in the system.  When I changed a title in the system, it didn't reindex automatically.  You can only search it by the old title, but when the item comes up, it has all the information for the changes that I made.  WEIRD!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #184 on: June 03, 2010, 05:51:21 PM »

She is supposed to be really small & look like a teenager.

Just like you?

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #185 on: June 03, 2010, 06:17:29 PM »

Just ordered the trilogy on Amazon.  It was a good price in paperback. 

I have stopped buying books for the most part.  I've decided I want to own this trilogy.  I should mention the first one was not my favorite of the three. 

Jane

« Reply #186 on: June 03, 2010, 06:18:59 PM »

She is supposed to be really small & look like a teenager.

Just like you?

der Brucer

;D  Certainly at 25 or 30.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #187 on: June 03, 2010, 06:42:45 PM »

Good Morning! Good Afternoon! Good Evening!

I'm up, I'm up... And now that that's out of the way...
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #188 on: June 03, 2010, 07:02:26 PM »

Well, I'm off to my parents' house to visit with my aunt.

Be back later!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #189 on: June 03, 2010, 07:08:00 PM »

Back from the rest of my errands.  I had to get a new battery for the iPhone - turns out they don't do new batteries, they just give you a new phone.  So, I got a new 3G, but I also upgraded to the new 3GS which, for reasons unknown, was $100 less than it usually is - so the new phone cost only 97 bucks - pretty amazing.  And a friend wanted my old one, and they're paying me fifty bucks, so net cost around forty-seven bucks.

bk - Even though it hasn't been officially announced, the new iPhone 4G will be released in two weeks.  Even Wal-Mart lowered the prices on their existing stock of iPhone 3GS's in order to clear out that inventory.

However... I'm a bit confused regarding your upgrade... So... You got a new 3G AND a new 3GS? -Did you have to sign a new two-year AT&T contract to get that pricing on the new 3GS?

And/or was your old iPhone still under warranty/AppleCare?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #190 on: June 03, 2010, 07:10:44 PM »

bk - I was going to ask if you had already come across Jason Robert Brown's NYMF rant, but...

*It's interesting how you're the only one who has left a comment.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #191 on: June 03, 2010, 07:15:01 PM »

And here is Robert Hurwitz's response.

*Which seems to be a bit over-loaded right now.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #192 on: June 03, 2010, 07:15:50 PM »

*And I should point out that most of JRB's rant is actually in the form of a letter from The Dramatists Guild.
Make Your Own Luck.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #193 on: June 03, 2010, 07:16:38 PM »

Well, I'm off to my parents' house to visit with my aunt.

Be back later!

Don't forget your toolbox.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

MBarnum

« Reply #194 on: June 03, 2010, 07:17:19 PM »

My nephew Daniel got the results of his tests today and it is not very good. He has Acute Myelogenous Leukemia and my brother Dan, Daniel's dad, says that there is a 50 percent chance of survival.

Poor Dan. He is only 24 and has two small kids. He will be heading up th Oregon Health Services University in a few day to begin treament.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 07:19:10 PM by MBarnum »

Jane

« Reply #195 on: June 03, 2010, 07:20:22 PM »

DR MBarnum, MEGA, MEGA VIBES FOR YOUR DN DANIEL!!!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #196 on: June 03, 2010, 07:22:02 PM »

DR Cillaliz - Thank You for Page Four! ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #197 on: June 03, 2010, 07:24:20 PM »

~~~~~VIBES OF ALL SORTS FOR DR MBARNUM'S DEAR NEPHEW DANIEL~~~~~
Make Your Own Luck.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #198 on: June 03, 2010, 07:33:40 PM »

And speaking of commercials in New York, have any of you NY'ers caught the new New York Lottery Ad? It is rather shocking, but funny. And to top it off the ad features two Bollywoood stars, the beautiful Bipasha Basu (John Abraham's long time girlfriend) and semi-has been actor Vivek Oberoi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s92CGESqtGk

no wonder that there is no money for the schools from the Lotto they are spending all the take on commericals!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #199 on: June 03, 2010, 07:36:05 PM »

In other news...

Yesterday, I went for a bike ride in Central Park. Not only was it my first bike ride in Central Park, but it was also my first time on a (non-stationary) bike in over 20 years. -I'm guessing in 23-24 years.

My friend, Michael, had mentioned a few months ago that I could borrow his bike whenever he was not using it - he spends a lot of time out of town for work - and after joking with a friend earlier in the day about biking to Chicago, I asked Michael if I could take his bicycle out for a spin.  It turned out that he was working near Columbus Circle and had biked to work, so it was already parked and locked near Central Park.  So...

I did have a slight case of the jitters as soon as I picked up both feet from the ground and placed them on the pedals, but then I just started wheeling along and smiling and giggling. I really did not forget how to ride a bike! I started off with two loops of the lower bridle path, then took a small break - mainly to text Michael a big "THANK YOU!".  -Then I took bigger loop heading up to the Reservoir than back across.  I basically "looped" the lower half of the Park.  And coupled with yesterday's gorgeous weather, well.. It really was an amazing way to spend the afternoon.
Make Your Own Luck.

vixmom

« Reply #200 on: June 03, 2010, 07:36:27 PM »

(((mike))))

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #201 on: June 03, 2010, 07:37:48 PM »

And speaking of commercials in New York, have any of you NY'ers caught the new New York Lottery Ad? It is rather shocking, but funny. And to top it off the ad features two Bollywoood stars, the beautiful Bipasha Basu (John Abraham's long time girlfriend) and semi-has been actor Vivek Oberoi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s92CGESqtGk

no wonder that there is no money for the schools from the Lotto they are spending all the take on commericals!

Actually, I believe that commercial was co-produced by the New York Lotto and the Bollywood industry.  That commercial is being shown in movie theatres where Bollywood movies are being shown.
Make Your Own Luck.

vixmom

« Reply #202 on: June 03, 2010, 07:39:36 PM »

Mike your nephew has been on our church's prayer list since last week - and in my prayers - every day   do not give up hope Faith can move mountains - you mentioend before that he is young and strong- he has every reason to fight for his life - I am her eif you ever want to talk

vixmom

« Reply #203 on: June 03, 2010, 07:42:35 PM »

In other news...

Yesterday, I went for a bike ride in Central Park. Not only was it my first bike ride in Central Park, but it was also my first time on a (non-stationary) bike in over 20 years. -I'm guessing in 23-24 years.

My friend, Michael, had mentioned a few months ago that I could borrow his bike whenever he was not using it - he spends a lot of time out of town for work - and after joking with a friend earlier in the day about biking to Chicago, I asked Michael if I could take his bicycle out for a spin.  It turned out that he was working near Columbus Circle and had biked to work, so it was already parked and locked near Central Park.  So...

I did have a slight case of the jitters as soon as I picked up both feet from the ground and placed them on the pedals, but then I just started wheeling along and smiling and giggling. I really did not forget how to ride a bike! I started off with two loops of the lower bridle path, then took a small break - mainly to text Michael a big "THANK YOU!".  -Then I took bigger loop heading up to the Reservoir than back across.  I basically "looped" the lower half of the Park.  And coupled with yesterday's gorgeous weather, well.. It really was an amazing way to spend the afternoon.

one of my co=workers told us that she and her family drove into NYC on Sunday totoing their bikes and went for ride through Central Park! Now I want todo it!

vixmom

« Reply #204 on: June 03, 2010, 07:44:09 PM »

I am enjoying the smellof the honeysuckle wafting in the back screendoor - when I smell honeysuckle I know summer is here!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #205 on: June 03, 2010, 07:50:00 PM »

In other news...

one of my co=workers told us that she and her family drove into NYC on Sunday totoing their bikes and went for ride through Central Park! Now I want todo it!

I'm still in "awe" of just how good that bike ride made me feel!  -I, too, have been going through a bit of low-period the past couple of days, and yesterday's spin through the Park totally turned my week and my disposition around.  And...
Make Your Own Luck.

Laura

« Reply #206 on: June 03, 2010, 07:54:53 PM »

Continued prayer for Daniel.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #207 on: June 03, 2010, 07:55:16 PM »

And to top it all off, when I was done with my ride, I ended up meeting up with my friend, Brendan, who was on his way into the Park for a jog, and I also happen to run into the wonderful - and hunky-as-ever - Matt Bogart.  We had a great mini-reunion, and Matt showed me some pics of his wife, Jessica, and their just-turned-ONE-year-old son, Easton! CUTE!!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #208 on: June 03, 2010, 07:55:31 PM »

Mike your nephew has been on our church's prayer list since last week - and in my prayers - every day   do not give up hope Faith can move mountains - you mentioend before that he is young and strong- he has every reason to fight for his life - I am her eif you ever want to talk

Daniel is also on the prayer list at Lima's Holy Nativity.  {{{{{Hugs}}}}} to Uncle Mike!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #209 on: June 03, 2010, 07:56:14 PM »

Wow, the preview for the GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO is sort of misleading. I'm assuming the movie is in Swedish with English subtitles? But the preview does not make any mention of this. To me this is sort of a big thing.

Actually come to think of it I wonder how the movies will play in Swedish. I saw them in French. I wonder why they didn't dub it in English?

http://dragontattoofilm.com/
American audiences will not buy dubbed films any more. I wonder if it's a reaction against the Japanese monster movies that were so poorly dubbed. Whatever the case, there is no audience here for a dubbed flick.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up