Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: BRAIN SLUDGE  (Read 23616 times)

FJL

Re:BRAIN SLUDGE
« Reply #150 on: January 29, 2006, 07:50:46 PM »

I NEVER HAS SAWN TREES - that's the title of something, isn't it?

FJL

« Reply #151 on: January 29, 2006, 07:52:39 PM »

PAGE SIX TREE DANCE...

Maybe something from THE APPLE TREE?  A TREE GROWS IN BROOKJLYN?  TREEMONISHA?  THE TREE MUSKETEERS?

FJL

« Reply #152 on: January 29, 2006, 07:57:28 PM »

A monologue by BRANCH DUBOIS, perhaps?

FJL

« Reply #153 on: January 29, 2006, 07:58:54 PM »

Something from TWO FOR THE BUZZSAW?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #154 on: January 29, 2006, 08:03:17 PM »

I'm feeling like I'm in a Bizarro HHW world right now, and it's brought to me by AOL.

Hmmm, did you have a visit of the Gremlins again????

Oddly, Prodigy has issues sometimes with the daily notes.... WEird!!

Must be the strange karma in the world today...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #155 on: January 29, 2006, 08:04:42 PM »

Posting is very refreshing, which is more than I can say for these complete and utter twits outside my house - the city, in all their brilliance, has sent out workers who are sawing trees across the street.  On a Sunday NIGHT.  Wonder what those workers are making?  It's outrageous, and if it continues for more than fifteen minutes, I shall be going out there, getting the names of those involved and then filing a complaint with the city because guess what?  It is ILLEGAL TO DO THIS ON A SUNDAY NIGHT.

I like to post but I also want to stay on topic here.....
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Tomovoz

« Reply #156 on: January 29, 2006, 08:05:55 PM »

There's a topic?
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #157 on: January 29, 2006, 08:07:05 PM »

A monologue by BRANCH DUBOIS, perhaps?
My kind of humour! sorry I was so long in reading it.  Now I feel refreshed.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #158 on: January 29, 2006, 08:14:20 PM »

Sawing trees - and I am currently listening The Best of "Savage Garden"(Truly Madly, Completely)

That is a good album... too bad they are not recording anymore, I rather enjoyed them

FJL

« Reply #159 on: January 29, 2006, 08:21:22 PM »

LOGGER RHYTHM - that's the title of my new TAP DOGS rip-off.  Sweaty people cut down trees to some of your favorite tunes.

The tagline will be You never SAW anything like it!

FJL

« Reply #160 on: January 29, 2006, 08:29:25 PM »

Dakota - I'm getting used to using the internet through AOL since my Internet Explorer only works when it wants to.  But AOL makes the screen on HHW look and act weird.

Cillaliz

« Reply #161 on: January 29, 2006, 08:29:38 PM »

Priscilla, yes you will get a CD when they are ready. I think we will be sending out many copies.

Yeah! Thanks Ben, I'll look forward to it. I'll send you my new address

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #162 on: January 29, 2006, 08:38:20 PM »

COLD CASE was delayed tonight; I guess CBS showed a basketball game or some other sports (golf?) that ran late. Anyway, since it was starting late, I went ahead and watched the SAG awards live.

First of all, WAY TO GO SAG Award producers for seeing to it that your show was telecast in high definition. Not even the Emmys or the Tonys have yet gone to high definition telecasts.

As expected with the SAGs, there were some pleasant surprises along with the expected wins in certain categories. I was most pleased with Lead Actor in a Drama Series, Ensemble of a Drama Series, and Leading Actor in a Film. But I couldn't say that any of the winners weren't deserving, at least based on the films and TV of 2005 that I had seen.

Oscar nominations are Tuesday, so they should be interesting as well.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Cillaliz

« Reply #163 on: January 29, 2006, 08:39:34 PM »

I'm going to go out on a limb and say my favorite coffee is a Cafe au lait from Cafe Dumond in New Orleans. i can buy it at the local grocery store. It's chicory coffee and you have to add about half milk, but it's great.

Matt H.

« Reply #164 on: January 29, 2006, 08:40:01 PM »

CROSSING JORDAN had a very dramatic episode that I much enjoyed.

Cillaliz

« Reply #165 on: January 29, 2006, 08:40:37 PM »

But what I drink more often is a mocha.  Gotta have chocolate

Matt H.

« Reply #166 on: January 29, 2006, 08:41:15 PM »

For a Sunday that began slowly with posting, I think the forum has done a bang-up job today!

Cillaliz

« Reply #167 on: January 29, 2006, 08:41:23 PM »

I watched THE WATER IS WIDE tonight. It was good in that Hallmark sort of way

Matt H.

« Reply #168 on: January 29, 2006, 08:42:00 PM »

And now I see that I, too, have reached a milestone already reached by bk and DR JRand. Nice to be in such esteemed company.

Cillaliz

« Reply #169 on: January 29, 2006, 08:43:39 PM »

Congrats on 13000 posts Matt

Matt H.

« Reply #170 on: January 29, 2006, 08:43:54 PM »

I watched THE WATER IS WIDE tonight. It was good in that Hallmark sort of way

I read some reviews that said it was inferior to the movie version CONRACK (with Jon Voigt). Did you ever see CONRACK, and if so, how would you compare the two?

I loved the book, BTW, and was able to tell Pat Conroy when he was a guest speaker in one of the classes I took working on my master's degree.

Matt H.

« Reply #171 on: January 29, 2006, 08:44:30 PM »

Congrats on 13000 posts Matt

Thanks, DR Cillaliz.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #172 on: January 29, 2006, 08:51:36 PM »

Dakota - I'm getting used to using the internet through AOL since my Internet Explorer only works when it wants to.  But AOL makes the screen on HHW look and act weird.

Have you ever tried using foxfire or opera?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #173 on: January 29, 2006, 08:52:34 PM »

I'm going to go out on a limb and say my favorite coffee is a Cafe au lait from Cafe Dumond in New Orleans. i can buy it at the local grocery store. It's chicory coffee and you have to add about half milk, but it's great.

sounds good...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #174 on: January 29, 2006, 08:57:43 PM »

I have one concern with high definition, actually a few

1. Will one be able to still view older vhs and dvds?

2. Will it allow for close captioning and related technologies?  Will it be integrated with the HI-FI or will one have to have a separate reader?

3. Will have ot have new peripherals to view anything with it?

4. Since analog broadcasts are going to the wayside... 2008 (praying my telly lasts that long before I have to breakdown and buy a new one) The cable companies will now hold us hostage... GRRR!!  I refuse to pay 60 a month for basic, yes 60.... and that does nto include HBO or any premium channels....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #175 on: January 29, 2006, 08:58:24 PM »

Congrats MattH on 13,000 posts... I hope to eventually reach 500...

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #176 on: January 29, 2006, 09:05:28 PM »

Congratulations, DR MATTH on your 13,000th post!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #177 on: January 29, 2006, 09:07:33 PM »

DRJANE - I am so glad you enjoyed the CD - and I hope some songs were surprises and others were like meeting an old friend!

I put "Strummin' Song" last so that as the CD ends, we hear lovely Miss Annette laughing and being her natural self.......

I Like Asparagus....how about you?

I think that should be a song.

Me, too, DR DAKOTA CELT - I am more a fan of the GWTW movie than the book, although the book certainly has a LOT more story!

Cillaliz

« Reply #178 on: January 29, 2006, 09:08:06 PM »

I read some reviews that said it was inferior to the movie version CONRACK (with Jon Voigt). Did you ever see CONRACK, and if so, how would you compare the two?

I loved the book, BTW, and was able to tell Pat Conroy when he was a guest speaker in one of the classes I took working on my master's degree.

No, I didn't see CONRACK, but I did enjoy the movie.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #179 on: January 29, 2006, 09:08:22 PM »

DR MBARNUM I just bought a DVD of SCANDAL with Mr Mifune for only $11 including shpg.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up