Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: BEWARE THE IDES OF MARCH  (Read 35704 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:BEWARE THE IDES OF MARCH
« Reply #150 on: March 09, 2006, 12:05:57 PM »

Most excellent vibes and xylophones to Richard.

MBarnum

« Reply #151 on: March 09, 2006, 12:20:40 PM »

Vibes of good health and information for cousin Richard!!

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%] :)  :)  :)  :)   :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)   :)  :)  :)[/move]

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #152 on: March 09, 2006, 12:38:03 PM »

IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD!  THE END OF THE WORLD, I TELL YA!!

;)

I've already planted the seeds of the "Snow Day" concept in my boss' mind.  

It's fun to think about, anyway!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #153 on: March 09, 2006, 12:39:24 PM »

Ron... I am sitting here salivating for your meatloaf!!!

Well, stop it!

I've already eaten, and I ate every bite.

You'll just have to find your own.

:-*
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #154 on: March 09, 2006, 12:41:30 PM »

Re: who will be voted off American IdolWEll I definitely think they should be worried, especially Will. I think Simon sent him home last night.

Although then again, sometimes if Simon comes across really mean towards someone then you get a backlash and that person stays.

Btw, I just checked out the AmericanIdol.com message boards, which i haven't done in a while.  And someone is reporting that they are announcing that America will be surprised by 2 of those voted out.  Some supposedly accurate survey system said lisa, konnik, gedeon, will.  I wonder how close that will be (although i think konnik and will are no brainers after how they did).

I'd be very sorry to see Lisa go.  I'd rather see Paris or Melissa or Ayla go instead.  Along with Kinnik.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #155 on: March 09, 2006, 12:46:17 PM »

Please add my best wishes to the chorus of vibes, xylophones, celesta and triangles to DR Jose's DC (Dear Cousin) Richard.

It seems to my un-medically educated self that they could easily bypass the affected area of the lower intestine...we have a whole lot of that stuff, as I recall, and portions can be removed when they become troublesome.

Sometimes foodstuffs get trapped in the walls of the intestines where little pockets form...and cause all kinds of trouble.  I'm betting something like that might have happened, although I am in no way qualified to speculate.

It's just something to do.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2006, 12:47:39 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #156 on: March 09, 2006, 12:49:51 PM »

Has anyone here ever been called a "worry wart"?

If so, do you have any idea what the etymology of the term might be and why someone began applying it to overly cautious worriers?

My take is that a wart worrier is someone who rubs on warts over and over...picking at them, rubbing at them, scraping at them...in hopes they'll go away.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #157 on: March 09, 2006, 12:51:08 PM »

I'll bet that technique would work on people, too!

Until they hauled off and clocked you.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #158 on: March 09, 2006, 12:51:47 PM »

I'm just having some fun with regionalisms, I guess.

Has anyone here ever "hauled off" and done something to someone...like "clocking" them?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #159 on: March 09, 2006, 01:02:18 PM »

Thanks for all the Vibes for my cousin.  I believe he's having the consult with his doctor and the surgeon as I type this.

It seems to my un-medically educated self that they could easily bypass the affected area of the lower intestine...we have a whole lot of that stuff, as I recall, and portions can be removed when they become troublesome.

Sometimes foodstuffs get trapped in the walls of the intestines where little pockets form...and cause all kinds of trouble.  I'm betting something like that might have happened, although I am in no way qualified to speculate.

It's just something to do.

Some possibly graphic medical speak coming up.

Alas, the part of his intestine that is shutting down - actually, they say it's been in spasms - is right at the end of the lower intestine, right before it "changes" into the colon.  They were - and still are, I hope - trying to find what is wrong before having to resort to surgery to what is wrong, not working, blocked, etc.  They've tested from diverticulitis, Crohn's, cancer, etc., but nothing is coming back conclusive.  The only outward physical symptom of his current condition is a very bloated, distended stomach.  Additionally, according to his blood tests, there's no sign of infection in his blood - which is the usual sign that there is some blockage in the intestine causing the "bad stuff" to seep back into the body and bloodstream.  

Hopefully, those patented HHW VIBES will do their magic, and the wait for an answer will come soon(er).

Again, Thanks for the VIBES.  You're all "The Best"!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #160 on: March 09, 2006, 01:03:39 PM »

Ron... I am sitting here salivating for your meatloaf!!!

<whistling>

;)

DR TCB where for art thou?

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #161 on: March 09, 2006, 01:07:12 PM »

Dammit, now I want meat loaf for dinner.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #162 on: March 09, 2006, 01:07:56 PM »

DR MBARNUM do you have any revelations or interesting bits in the Diana Darrin interview that you care to share with us?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #163 on: March 09, 2006, 01:11:24 PM »

As for "Project Runway"...

I did see last night's episode and the announcement of the winner, but I was thinking last night's episode was supposed to be "Live", not "Live on tape".  The three designer finalists were making the rounds this week - "The View", "The Today Show", etc. - and I could have sworn during those appearances they were saying the announcement would be made Live.  Again, I guess I was wrong.

...And then seeing an interview this morning with the winner from the winner's home... when the winner - and the other finalists - were just in New York City yesterday for the press appearances.  Hmm...

I guess I was happy with the selection of the winner, but I also did not think any of the final three collections really stood out.  *I also think the various tasks during the course of the season do not properly prepare the finalists for the finals.  It would be nice to see at least one piece that was made during the regular season appear in the final runway  showing.  And I also believe all the previous creations should come back to "haunt them" during the final judging process too.

*Oh, but Santino did show off his Mermaid(?) dress - the one with all the large gold sequins - on "The Today Show" yesterday... Eh...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #164 on: March 09, 2006, 01:15:07 PM »

And even though this is not Ask BK/Ask DR Day, the whole "Project Runway" process prompts a question I've been meaning to ask about other reality/contest shows...

Does anyone know exactly what the penalty is if someone reveals whether they won or lost before it airs on TV?

*I'm particular amazed that the woman who beat Ken Jennings on "Jeopardy" was able to keep quiet for so long.  With that taping schedule, she probably had to stay quiet for at least a month, probably more.

**And I had an inkling of the final winner of "Project Runway" when one of the judges stopped mid-answer while being interviewed on "The Today Show" yesterday.  Oops!
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #165 on: March 09, 2006, 01:20:06 PM »

And even though this is not Ask BK/Ask DR Day, the whole "Project Runway" process prompts a question I've been meaning to ask about other reality/contest shows...

Does anyone know exactly what the penalty is if someone reveals whether they won or lost before it airs on TV?

*I'm particular amazed that the woman who beat Ken Jennings on "Jeopardy" was able to keep quiet for so long.  With that taping schedule, she probably had to stay quiet for at least a month, probably more.

**And I had an inkling of the final winner of "Project Runway" when one of the judges stopped mid-answer while being interviewed on "The Today Show" yesterday.  Oops!

I, too, have wondered how the "Survivor" finalists -- as well as the players who voted for a winner -- manage to keep quiet before the big reveal.

Ginny

« Reply #166 on: March 09, 2006, 01:24:20 PM »

Vibes for Richard, cousin to DR Jose!

The meeting I attended this afternoon was far better than expected.  And shorter.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #167 on: March 09, 2006, 01:34:44 PM »

Stephen Sondheim has had many shows not pay off, but COMPANY wasn't one of them.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #168 on: March 09, 2006, 01:38:15 PM »

Best of health wishes to DR Jose's cousin Richard.

Matt H.

« Reply #169 on: March 09, 2006, 01:42:52 PM »

If there are singers that will shock us tonight by getting voted off, I think it may very well be Elliott and/or Katharine. As I mentioned, neither of their lines were busy the last two nights at all when I called.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #170 on: March 09, 2006, 01:46:45 PM »

I think one Survivor contestant a few years ago said something that pointed to the outcome before it was broadcast, and was immediately sued for six figures by CBS.  I think there is a non-disclosure clause in the reality contracts that call for forfeiture of any winnings or renumeration and/or responsibility to recoup for the network any loss of revenue caused by such disclosure....which would amount to millions, I would guess.    Perry Mason, Esq.

Matt H.

« Reply #171 on: March 09, 2006, 01:47:39 PM »

Throughly enjoyed the first section of SECOND ACT TROUBLE that dealt with THE ACT.

Perfect? Not on your life. Suskin is annotating the articles written by others with comments, corrections, additional information, etc. Odd, though, how he didn't spot the writer of THE ACT asserting that Kander, Ebb, and Minnelli all took home Oscars for the film of CABARET. Only Minnelli did. Wonder if the writer though Kander and Ebb got Oscars becasue CABARET won the musical scoring award. Ralph Burns got that award, not Kander and Ebb.

I'm about halfway through the SEESAW article. Again, some of this stuff I knew, but I've never read the actual article in question before.

Matt H.

« Reply #172 on: March 09, 2006, 01:51:13 PM »

Had a great time watching another FIREFLY episode, one I had never seen before because Fox didn't air it. It involved a villainess from a previous episode who duped the crew and got away with it. This episode allowed them some retribution, and I loved it. Also got to see star Nathan Fillion with no clothes on, always a special treat.

Matt H.

« Reply #173 on: March 09, 2006, 01:54:40 PM »

In my frustration over not getting the new DVD of HARRY POTTER AND THE GOBLET OF FIRE, I put in HARRY POTTER AND THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS, and watched about 90 minutes of it. Will continue with it later tonight. Never tire of the POTTER films even the earlier ones when the leading actors weren't nearly as good as they are now.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #174 on: March 09, 2006, 01:55:48 PM »

Re: Panni's visit... once you have all sorted out when and where you are going to meet  just let me know, I'll stuff the Vixter into a paper bag in the back of the closet, call in sick and be on my way!!

I'm hoping Sunday afternoon, since I don't know when she arrives on Saturday.  It's all a bit vague.  I think FESTEN opens on April 9 (Sunday) at 6:30 pm.  Perhaps we can schedule luncheon with DR Panni on Sunday?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2006, 01:56:33 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matt H.

« Reply #175 on: March 09, 2006, 01:56:23 PM »

I finished my afternoon's viewing with last night's CSI: NY. Perplexing mystery with a neat solution.

Among the guest stars were Megan Mullalley's husband (whose name I can never remember) and the always luscious Brian Bloom.

Matt H.

« Reply #176 on: March 09, 2006, 02:01:48 PM »

Just saw this report on the internet:

"Warner Home Video reporting sales of more than 5 million DVD copies of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire in a single day, putting it on track to become one of the top-selling DVDs of all time. "

SOLD but not all DELIVERED!    Argh!!!!!!    :(

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #177 on: March 09, 2006, 02:06:01 PM »

I'm hoping Sunday afternoon, since I don't know when she arrives on Saturday.  It's all a bit vague.  I think FESTEN opens on April 9 (Sunday) at 6:30 pm.  Perhaps we can schedule luncheon with DR Panni on Sunday?

I would definitely make arrangements to be there and since its a Sunday it could definitelybe sans Vixter as I have the Vixdad to leave her with!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #178 on: March 09, 2006, 02:06:26 PM »

Just saw this report on the internet:

"Warner Home Video reporting sales of more than 5 million DVD copies of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire in a single day, putting it on track to become one of the top-selling DVDs of all time. "

SOLD but not all DELIVERED!    Argh!!!!!!    :(

all but one, all but one!!

Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #179 on: March 09, 2006, 02:11:42 PM »

Additional vibes for the cousin of Jose!!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16   Go Up