Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: BRAKE PADS  (Read 19972 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
BRAKE PADS
« on: July 26, 2005, 12:08:42 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes have made you ponder your brake pads, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're currently replacing their brake pads, which are unusually large - they have maxi pads, you know.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2005, 12:06:55 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:BRAKE PADS
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2005, 12:12:09 AM »

And the word of the day is: SEDENTARY!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2005, 12:12:42 AM »

My goodness, I think I shall stay up late enough to achieve my new plateau, which will happen in just three count them three postings.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2005, 12:13:41 AM »

And a very happy haineshisway.com birthday to MissWittiR, whoever he or she may be.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2005, 12:23:27 AM »

I guess I just have to do this myself, don't I?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2005, 12:23:51 AM »

And now - my new plateau - 14,000 postings.

Tomovoz

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2005, 12:25:05 AM »

Congratulations BK.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2005, 12:29:11 AM »

Very, very, very, very (that's four verys) impressive!  No will ever be able to catch up (or even ketchup) with you! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2005, 12:31:18 AM »

I just put my shirts in the laundry.  I got distracted in my bedroom, finding things hidden under my shirts (in a pile on the floor ::)...fortunately, nothing that was ever alive, just things).  I dumped the pile on the kitchen floor (where the washer and dryer are) and went to the bathroom (just had to share ;)).  When I came back shortly thereafter, the cat was all snuggled up in my pile of dirty shirts!  Too bad.  I just couldn't let her (the cat) stay there, so I carefully pulled one shirt at a time out of the pile and put it in the washer.  By the time I got about half of the shirts out of the pile, she got the hint and moved.  She's now eating and the washing machine has started.  I guess I'll be up until it's done so that I can put all the shirts into the dryer so that I'll have dry (and clean) shirts to wear for the next several days. :)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2005, 12:34:43 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2005, 12:48:10 AM »

Tomovoz, I sent off your package today!  Let me know if anything arrives broken.  I sent it in a "Star Trek:  The Next Generation" box that was discarded from the library where I work.  They repackage all of the boxed DVD sets, so things like this either get thrown away or saved by staff member who collect junk (like me). ;)

George

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2005, 12:58:59 AM »

I'm outta here. 8) Goodnight three guests!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2005, 02:52:36 AM »

Good morning, all!  It's almost 6 am and I have to grind out a chunk of the final DOTD number before I had to Tams-Witmark for some GOLDEN APPLE work.

ANNIE (tabloid casting)
Annie . . . Paris Hilton
Miss Hannigan . . . Anna Nicole Smith
Lily . . . Liza Minnelli
Rooster . . . David Gest
Daddy Warbucks . . . Michael Jackson
Orphans:  Nicole Richie, Lindsay Lohan, Britney Spears, Tara Reid, Whitney Huston

« Last Edit: July 26, 2005, 02:53:58 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ben

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2005, 04:32:42 AM »

All this talk of the remake of the Poseidon Adventure makes me think of the Mad Magazine take off which they called (and which I always think of when PA is mentioned) The Poopside Down Adventure.

It is supposed to be a record hot day in Manhattan (and all over New York City) so it would be easy to be SEDENTARY. I will be in office air conditioning and since it's already in the low 80s at 7:30 I told Anthony he could keep the AC on in the bedroom during the day. We only have one room with temperature-controlled air and to prevent a shocking electric bill we try to keep it off during the day. Today is an exception. It is supposed to be just as bad tomorrow but if the weatherpeople are to be believed, it will be better on Wednesday and through the end of the week. Here's hoping!

Ben

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2005, 04:36:47 AM »

In the vein of Elmore

Annie: Lindsay Lohan
Miss Hannigan: Joan Rivers
Lily: Gwen Stefani
Rooster: David Lee Roth
Grace Farrell: Katie Holmes
Daddy Warbucks: Russell Crowe

Ben

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2005, 04:37:25 AM »

And I am now alone.

Time to get to work.

Au revoir mes amis.

Tomovoz

« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2005, 04:47:03 AM »

ANNIE:
Daddy Warbucks- Harvey Fierstein
Miss Hannigan: - Barbara Cook
Grace: Glenn Close
Rooster: Michael Douglas
Annie - Bernadette Peters.
Lily - Elaine Stritch

"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Michael

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2005, 05:42:43 AM »

Annie: Gary Coleman
Daddy Warbucks: Leia DeLaura
Miss Hannigan: Harvey Firestein
Rooster: Rubeun Stoddard
Lily: Barbra Streisand
Grace: Cherry Jones
The Orphans Elaine Stritch, Barbara Cook, Beatrice Arthur, Carol Channing, Jonathan Freeman
Never stop dreaming.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2005, 05:46:31 AM »

All this talk of the remake of the Poseidon Adventure makes me think of the Mad Magazine take off which they called (and which I always think of when PA is mentioned) The Poopside Down Adventure.

I know I have somewhere in my CD collection a Poseidon Adventure musical cast recording.  I think it was called something like The UpSideDown Adventure.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Michael

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2005, 05:46:46 AM »

Many Years ago I was at the Billy Rose collection at the NYC Public Library at Lincoln Center. I went into another room and there on the floor by the door was an Academy Award. I Picked it up and held it for a few seconds. It was Burl Ives oscar for The Big Country. I wish I had a camera. My friend was meeting me in NYC the next day and I told him to bring a camera so we could take a picture. Of course when we went back the next day it was gone. I wondered why it was there in the first place.
Never stop dreaming.

Jason

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2005, 05:47:00 AM »

Well, I'm not dead yet, but I wish I were. Actually, I feel a teensy-weensy bit better today, though I'm now a low bass as opposed to my regular baritenor. That's good, though...means it's settling in my chest now and will soon be out of my nose. I'm calling in at work again today, which I really never, ever do.

Jose: I'm glad Joe got to go last night. I hope you guys had fun without me... *sob*

And now I'm off to blow my nose...again.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2005, 05:52:18 AM »

Congrats to Macchus999, whoever you are...

This week's trivia was not only fun, but educational as well.  I did not know that Lt. Columbo's origins went that far back.  I also learned that Thomas Mitchell died of cancer just seven months after the play closed.  And that the creators of Columbo had originally offered the TV role to Bing Crosby.  
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Kerry

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2005, 05:55:22 AM »

Annie: Paris Hilton (or any one of those 100's of so-called celebrities)
Daddy Warbucks: Ray Bolger
Miss Hannigan: Virginia O'Brien
Rooster: Stubby Kaye
Lily: Ruth Buzzi
Grace: Anna Nichole Smith
The Orphans: Gary Coleman, Rosie O'Donnell, Corey Feldman
I like boat races.

Ben

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2005, 06:11:36 AM »

IIRC (if I recall correctly), one of the New York Fringe Festival offerings in the past few years was a musical stage version of Poseidon Adventure.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2005, 06:27:42 AM »

My Bad Annie (sounds like a TV show--"My Bad Annie" is brought to you by...)

Annie:  Susan Watson
Miss Hannigan:  Mia Farrow
Daddy Warbucks:  Donald Trump
Grace:  Courtney Love
Rooster:  Sean Penn
Lily:  Zelda Rubinstein
FDR:  Vin Diesel
Orphans:  (revolving door casting because Ms. Farrow keeps adopting them.)
-- Anaïs Nin

MBarnum

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2005, 06:45:57 AM »

You know, it is most inconvenient not having my computer at home and only being able to check in while I am at work!!

Vibes of health to DR Jason! Hope you start feeling better soon!

Jason

« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2005, 06:50:15 AM »

Thank you, MBarnum.

My bad Annie: any ANNIE.

MBarnum

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2005, 06:54:38 AM »

I will be off to the wilds of Burbank, California in a mere three days. Saturday I will sit with Ms. Laurie Mitchell at her table and watch as she interacts with her fans and signs autographs...perhaps we will converse with Mr. and Mrs. Shirley Jones, our table-neighbors..perhaps not. I wonder who will be sitting on the other side of us? It will be lots of fun...I will get many autographs of various B-movie celebs and tv stars and will purchase many 8X10 photos for my collection and for use in my upcoming magazine interviews.

I am still trying to find a fun movie or play to go to on Sunday evening, but haven't found a thing.

I do hope that Mr. Bruce Kimmel will stop by and say howdy while he cruises the Ray Courts Show either Saturday or Sunday. If he brings a copy of the new Guy Haine's CD I might like to buy it!

Monday I shall hie myself to the center of Los Angeles...Holt Ave to be exact, where I shall take Carolyn (The Thing that Couldn't Die) Kearney and her husband out to breakfast...then I will maybe do some sightseeing and then make tracks back to the airport and return to Salem, Oregon!

And that is my itinerary!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2005, 07:46:06 AM by MBarnum »

MBarnum

« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2005, 07:01:38 AM »

Some of the people I am most excited to see at the Ray Courts show include...

Ms. Virginia Davis who played Alice in Wonderland in the 1920s Disney short subjects.

Former child actress Marcia Mae Jones.

HEAD OF THE CLASS star Tony O'Dell.

One time James Bond, George Lazenby

1940s actress Jean Porter

and 50s starlet Yvette Vickers

MBarnum

« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2005, 07:02:27 AM »

Tony O'Dell has aged quite well (he is in his 40s now)

« Last Edit: July 26, 2005, 07:03:01 AM by MBarnum »

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2005, 07:04:18 AM »

Jose, I am so jealous that you went to Musical Monday at Splash last night.  I love Musical Mondays and have been trying to get Rodzinski to come with me to check it out.  Let us know if you want company the next time you go.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up