Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: CONTENT/CONTENT  (Read 40309 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: CONTENT/CONTENT
« Reply #90 on: October 29, 2011, 01:12:13 PM »

This morning at about 1:44 am, the power went out in my house...and around the condo complex (I looked out my skylight).  I had a flashlight, but I didn't want to waste the power reading, so I brushed my teeth and went to bed.  The power eventually came back about an hour later and woke me up. :P I had to go downstairs and turn off the lights that came on and then I went back to bed.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ginny

« Reply #91 on: October 29, 2011, 01:20:56 PM »

Thank you, all, for the nice comments about my photos.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #92 on: October 29, 2011, 01:40:11 PM »

Slowly making my way through this 25 CD 1000 Years of Sacred Music set I got recently.  I'm up to Purcell.  That first 500 years was the hardest.  :)
It always is.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #93 on: October 29, 2011, 01:41:17 PM »

“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #94 on: October 29, 2011, 01:42:22 PM »

Hey, Jose, can you do me a favor? Let Antipholus in.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #95 on: October 29, 2011, 01:44:25 PM »

Please keep the snow, thunder and lighting on your side of the country. Thank you. Well, actually, we could use some thunder and lightning, if they brought rain.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #96 on: October 29, 2011, 01:46:06 PM »

And the word of the day is: PERFIDIOUS!

One who has performed PERFIDIA?

Now if only had a good rhumba band......

A little rumba numba
From Argentina way
Make me forget to slumba ...

Hey, even mediocre Cole Porter is better than most people's better efforts.
― Voltaire

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #97 on: October 29, 2011, 01:49:36 PM »

Good Afternoon!

And as the rain turns to snow here in DC...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #98 on: October 29, 2011, 01:50:53 PM »

And as the choreographer finishes up the last(?) five bars of the Act One Finale...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #99 on: October 29, 2011, 01:53:02 PM »

(This section is only 15 bars now. It took the choreographer an hour to pull it out of her ass choreograph the first 10 bars.)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #100 on: October 29, 2011, 01:53:18 PM »

In any case...
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #101 on: October 29, 2011, 01:56:49 PM »

Once again, sorry for being E&T for the past few days.  Mom checked into the hospital on Wednesday to finally have her gall bladder removed.  And, of course, her surgery was delayed a day because the anesteasaligist didn't like how her legs were swollen and because he heard "crackles" in her lungs.  So
Mom spent the rest of the day in her hospital bed on a water pill and dealing with the results of that.  Also, neither the cardiologist nor the pulmonary doctor heard any lung "crackles" or saw any evidence of heart failure.  So she had her surgery on Thursday with no problems.  Right now she's enjoying a flounder for lunch--her first real food since Tuesday.

~~~Quick Recovery Vibes for Dan (the Man)'s Mom!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #102 on: October 29, 2011, 01:58:42 PM »

When I went to pay my check at lunch, I noticed that my credit card slip said "CREDIT REFUND" on it. Well... I went up to the counter to fix it, which I think I did. However, it appeared a bunch of other tickets processed today were processed as Refunds instead of Debits.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #103 on: October 29, 2011, 02:00:56 PM »

Hey, Jose, can you do me a favor? Let Antipholus in.

Which one?
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #104 on: October 29, 2011, 02:17:01 PM »

DR Ginny you did you a lot in the short time you were there.  Have you been other places in Europe?  I would suggest experiencing a new country with different architecture.

No, DR Jane, this was my first trip out of the country (other than border towns in Canada and Mexico).  We're thinking Great Britain in 2013 as our next trip...

I know you will love it there.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #105 on: October 29, 2011, 02:31:26 PM »

(This section is only 15 bars now. It took the choreographer an hour to pull it out of her ass choreograph the first 10 bars.)

OMG, she's working back there now.   ;D
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #106 on: October 29, 2011, 02:46:53 PM »

Back from stuff - had some poached eggs, picked up an important envelope, did a little art project for the Gardenia show, which I screwed up the last two lines of so I now have to go buy some white out to redo them - and it will take a lot of white out because it's about fifteen words.  I finessed the patter for the Gardenia show and I'm about to do the four-mile jog.  Then I'll get ready to go to Long Beach for the opening of Hairspray.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #107 on: October 29, 2011, 02:51:27 PM »

OMG, she's working back there now.   ;D

I think - well, more like "know" that there's a style/method of directing and choreographing that is inherently inefficient and time-consuming, yet considered "normal" and "artistic".
Make Your Own Luck.

Doug R

« Reply #108 on: October 29, 2011, 02:52:26 PM »

Finally finished volume 4 of The Twilight Zone. I've changed my mind about these 1 hour episodes - they are nowhere near as good as the 30 minute ones.  In fact I fell asleep watching the final episode.  On to volume 5 now, where fortunately they're back to the usual length.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #109 on: October 29, 2011, 02:55:11 PM »

Back from stuff - had some poached eggs, picked up an important envelope, did a little art project for the Gardenia show, which I screwed up the last two lines of so I now have to go buy some white out to redo them - and it will take a lot of white out because it's about fifteen words.  I finessed the patter for the Gardenia show and I'm about to do the four-mile jog.  Then I'll get ready to go to Long Beach for the opening of Hairspray.

bk - Post-It makes a 1-inch wide correction "tape roll". That stuff really comes in handy correcting and editing music charts. You should be able to find it at Staples, Office Depot, etc.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #110 on: October 29, 2011, 02:56:54 PM »

I get lots of squirrels in the garden. I feed them nuts. Should I be killing them instead?

NO!!

Jennifer

« Reply #111 on: October 29, 2011, 02:57:58 PM »

Vibes for DR Dan's MOM ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jennifer

« Reply #112 on: October 29, 2011, 02:59:53 PM »

I forgot how much i dislike it when the weather gets cold. I don't like indoor exercising. Right now the weather is too cold to bike much. So the past few weeks i've only gone once per week. And once swimming. That is only 2 days of exercise when i had been doing 6. I"m going to try to bike more if it's sunny. Even if it is less than 50F.  And I think in the winter i'll try to swim twice a week.  Then maybe i can do my indoor bike once or twice a week.

Jennifer

« Reply #113 on: October 29, 2011, 03:05:49 PM »

My niece called to ask if i wanted to come over to help carve her pumpkin. I didn't realize that meant i would dig out the seeds, design it and carve it myself. :)

Actually she designed it on paper i just had to carve it. And she did dig out some of the seeds. I just thought i was going over to watch them do the pumpkin. Or i would have printed out design options from the internet.

As it is the pumpkin has a triangle nose, triangle eyes, a very thin wide smile, and 2 teeth fangs under his mouth! :)

Cillaliz

« Reply #114 on: October 29, 2011, 03:06:17 PM »

It's been a fairly nice day today.  it was about 60 degrees, but felt a little chilly.  I did get the storms put on the doors, got salt for the water heater, changed the furnace filter, got some paint to finish the gazebo, and did some other things around the house.  Ricky got his booster shot.  He was not amused.

Cillaliz

« Reply #115 on: October 29, 2011, 03:07:33 PM »

I still have a lot to do, but it can wait.  I feel like sitting here....Oh, I do have a pork roast in the oven.  Think I'll make some home made apple sauce and maybe some mashed potatoes 

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #116 on: October 29, 2011, 03:23:05 PM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes had content and were content with said content, and now it is time for you to post until the contented cows come home.

Carnation Condensed Milk, from contented cows.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #117 on: October 29, 2011, 03:32:45 PM »

Beginning Monday and for the next two weeks we will be putting in overtime rearranging our deck chairs.

Your deck chairs?  Are you on a cruise?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

« Reply #118 on: October 29, 2011, 03:32:53 PM »

bk - Post-It makes a 1-inch wide correction "tape roll". That stuff really comes in handy correcting and editing music charts. You should be able to find it at Staples, Office Depot, etc.

I have not tried the post it brand & will next time.  The brand (can't remember now) I purchased was beyond my abilities to use correctly.

Jane

« Reply #119 on: October 29, 2011, 03:35:42 PM »

My niece called to ask if i wanted to come over to help carve her pumpkin. I didn't realize that meant i would dig out the seeds, design it and carve it myself. :)

Actually she designed it on paper i just had to carve it. And she did dig out some of the seeds. I just thought i was going over to watch them do the pumpkin. Or i would have printed out design options from the internet.

As it is the pumpkin has a triangle nose, triangle eyes, a very thin wide smile, and 2 teeth fangs under his mouth! :)

Had you printed out a fancy design off of the internet you might still be there carving. ;)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up