Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18   Go Down

Author Topic: SHORT SHRIFT  (Read 40266 times)

singdaw

Re:SHORT SHRIFT
« Reply #450 on: September 27, 2007, 07:28:51 PM »

bk - After everything, NYMF keeps topping themselves.  I guess the only saving grace is that you have a few hour's notice to try to do something about it - rather than finding out the hour before your next performance.  But still...   :(

Ginny

« Reply #451 on: September 27, 2007, 07:29:56 PM »

HAPPY PACKING TO GINNY - You and DH Richard will be here before you know it!  :)

Think I've done about all I can do tonight.  One more workday - information-waitressing all day - then a haircut, more packing, and an early, early wake-up call on Saturday!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #452 on: September 27, 2007, 07:30:07 PM »

Vibes Bruce you have loads of people at the 4:30 show tomorrow!

AND SOUND!

singdaw

« Reply #453 on: September 27, 2007, 07:30:09 PM »

I want Shetty's shirt....

I'll settle for Shetty.   :P

Jane

« Reply #454 on: September 27, 2007, 07:33:08 PM »

Thank you Ginny.  It wasn't an exciting birthday.  He spent the morning in classes & then, except for a short break to walk Yogi, worked on a report at school until 9:00.  We had a short conversation & then let him go to make his dinner.

He sounds good though & is still excited about his classes & looking at his future career options.

singdaw

« Reply #455 on: September 27, 2007, 07:34:28 PM »

Greg split his chicken with BJ
 He's very handy that way!  :)

Greg is thinking about The Little Pie Shop
 That is one of the few Enabler's vices that I have not yet sampled succumed to...

singdaw

« Reply #456 on: September 27, 2007, 07:37:33 PM »

Now look at me.

;D

Are you reticent?  Oh yes, I think you are reticent!  :)

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #457 on: September 27, 2007, 07:37:59 PM »

Happy Birthday To Jane and Keith's Son Craig

Welcome aboard Samantha. Have A Great Time in The Big Apple.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #458 on: September 27, 2007, 07:39:28 PM »

BK, the incompetence of these people astound me. How in the world have they managed to put on this festival year after year with all these problems?
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Jane

« Reply #459 on: September 27, 2007, 07:54:10 PM »

DR Laura, I was just saying something to that effect to Keith.

Thank you ArnoldMBrockman.  

I've enjoyed the NY photos & look forward to the new batch.

'night folks.  

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #460 on: September 27, 2007, 07:55:21 PM »

I willd o my best to get online this coming weekend at my parents. My home computer took a dive...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #461 on: September 27, 2007, 08:00:20 PM »

Great photos JOse!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #462 on: September 27, 2007, 08:02:16 PM »

Great photos Adrianna!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #463 on: September 27, 2007, 08:03:59 PM »

Fundraising vibes to bk!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #464 on: September 27, 2007, 08:04:14 PM »

Great picture of Miss BlueMoon..

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #465 on: September 27, 2007, 08:04:52 PM »

Congrats to Singdaw on his new plateau!!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #466 on: September 27, 2007, 08:07:56 PM »

(evil laugh) DR Jeanne just left to go have breakfast with bk, Cason and BJ are fast asleep, so now I can crack into the Siren of Sin's goody bag and no one will ever know ... Boo-wah-hah-hah-hah! Cookies! Monkey Cake! The breakfast of champions!!

:)  

Cookies and Monkey CAke, yep that does sound like the breakfast of Champions!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #467 on: September 27, 2007, 08:08:45 PM »

Kerry, Sugar is adorable. Is she/he a rat terrier?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #468 on: September 27, 2007, 08:11:16 PM »

From personal experience, I have to say it's probably better in a live show for the actors to stop and address the problem.  I can think of nothing that rips me right out of the proceedings than a cell phone...or someone suddenly coughing violently...or a baby crying...or a child whining.  The latter issues are generally short-lived and should be ignored if at all possible.  But with a cell phone, I think it's wholly a different thing.  In addressing this, the audience member has two worries....disturbing the actors and disturbing his fellow viewers, even though the cell phone has pretty much "killed" the on-stage moment.

In movies, I take it upon myself to loudly recriminate any oaf who left his or her cell phone on and is sitting there either ignoring it or fumbling with it.  Heaven forbid anyone actually sit there and talk after answering it. During one movie, a woman pulled out the ringing phone (loudest damn noise I'd ever heard emanate from a cell phone).  She fumbled and fumbled.  She was two rows in front of me.  I finally said, "For the love of God, Lady, turn the damn thing off."  
She replied, "It's new and I can't see where the answer button is."

"Then," I suggested, "you'd better take it outside, hadn't you?"

She left, and I got a nice round of applause.

I applaud you!

I have asked people before to turn off their cell. NDSU requests people to turn off their cells. I know when I went to SPAMALOT this past summer, the ushers actually went to poeple and addressed them directly about their cells sharply.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #469 on: September 27, 2007, 08:12:12 PM »

I'm very partial, these daze, to the Morgan-Greer...

I have seen that set. The artistry on some sets is amazing.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #470 on: September 27, 2007, 08:14:04 PM »

Jeanne, lovely photo of you and bk. You look just as gracious and beautiful today!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 08:15:25 PM by DakotaCelt »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #471 on: September 27, 2007, 08:15:05 PM »

From BK's last paragraph:

"Even school cafeterias count."

;D

And who among us ever survived a FOOD FIGHT????

Me!

Green Jello vs. REd Jello.... Guys vs. the GAls..

Of course, us ladies won :)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #472 on: September 27, 2007, 08:17:55 PM »

Happy Birthday to George's dear sister, Diane!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #473 on: September 27, 2007, 08:20:44 PM »

When I went to MSUM back in the 80s, you did not want to eat the pancakes... They were rocks

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #474 on: September 27, 2007, 08:20:55 PM »

Yes, I think we should have a re-enactment of the Prom Picture Pose by MR BK and DRJEANNE!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #475 on: September 27, 2007, 08:21:16 PM »

Get well vibes for DR Jennifer!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #476 on: September 27, 2007, 08:24:03 PM »

I am floored, enraged, and spitting mad at the treatment NYMF is giving the shows at THE ACORN.

Now this!!!  Plan B sounds like a good alternative, but WHY should you have to have a PLAN B?

The question about why they get away with stuff like this, I guess, is kind of why Bridal Shoppes continue to exist.....once they have the money - the brides are stuck....NO REFUNDS.....

My guess is that also NOT TOO MANY people return for a second round with them.

I am sending the BEST opening night vibes to DRS FJL and NOEL and SKIP for their shows!!!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #477 on: September 27, 2007, 08:24:53 PM »

Great picture of Miss BlueMoon..

She loves the camera more than the camera loves her.  ;D

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #478 on: September 27, 2007, 08:27:30 PM »

I have only one thing to say about that photo:  Bronzing gel!

I have to agree with bk, from seeing the pics of Zubrick on the cd booklet. I like the black pants better.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #479 on: September 27, 2007, 08:29:33 PM »

Dakota wasn't complaining - she simply requested that he put a spoiler alert at the top of his TV posts, as she tapes some of those shows he mentions to watch later. She included a smiley...

Speaking as someone who reads the last chapter of a mystery novel first, I don't have a problem with spoilers, but that's just me!

I dont mind them at all. I just watch Ugly BEtty and ATWT later at night. Other than that I rather enjoy his insights.

I was just asking for spoilers to be put on ATWT. I do not watch that until after work. They have it on here when I go to work.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 09:26:17 PM by DakotaCelt »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18   Go Up