Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down

Author Topic: MISS CHANNING CANNOT SING TODAY  (Read 22846 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: MISS CHANNING CANNOT SING TODAY
« Reply #240 on: April 03, 2009, 07:05:31 PM »

Shayne, I answered the first time you asked - yes, Jackie Cain does the vocal on the album.  Did you get the e-mail I sent you?

Thanks re: Jackie Caine. I must have missed your first answer,. Much apprecitated.

The first time you asked that question, Michael, I thought you asked if Jackie Chan sang the theme song.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ginny

« Reply #241 on: April 03, 2009, 07:09:27 PM »

It is VERY windy here. Again.

Here, too.  It was so windy on I-71 that I got off and took the back roads at the end of my drive from Columbus.

"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #242 on: April 03, 2009, 07:11:03 PM »

Buy.com just sent me a coupon to use on their site to thank me for being a good customer.  The coupon was for 5% off.

Do you think that they don't want me back?
“One thing’s universal,

François

« Reply #243 on: April 03, 2009, 07:14:20 PM »

Buy.com just sent me a coupon to use on their site to thank me for being a good customer.  The coupon was for 5% off.

They know a Big Spender when they see one! ;)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #244 on: April 03, 2009, 07:20:58 PM »

I have a 30% off coupon for Borders.  Jealous?

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

FJL

« Reply #245 on: April 03, 2009, 07:21:16 PM »

(a new drinking-too-much-lost-love song)

Fry me a liver
Fry me a liver
I fried my liver over you

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #246 on: April 03, 2009, 07:22:33 PM »

So, I'm now off to Borders! 

I wonder if they'll have anything that I even want...that's always the problem when the coupon is for in-stock items only. :-\
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #247 on: April 03, 2009, 07:27:39 PM »

We've got continence
If you ain't got continence
You can never every carry
It off.

Before the pee-rade passes by!

(Contributed by der B)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #248 on: April 03, 2009, 07:30:08 PM »

We've got continence
If you ain't got continence
You can never every carry
It off.

Before the pee-rade passes by!

(Contributed by der B)

What about yellow ribbons down my back?
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #249 on: April 03, 2009, 07:30:46 PM »

TOD:

In the cheapies DVD bin at work, I spotted Bye Bye Birdie for just $9.99.  It has now replaced the laserdisk.

The film has not held up well.

But it would be worth another visit for Terrible Casting, if just for the bit parts.

(I nominate Angela Lansbury for the Mayor's Wife... she could milk those legs like crazy!)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #250 on: April 03, 2009, 07:42:52 PM »

TOD:

In the cheapies DVD bin at work, I spotted Bye Bye Birdie for just $9.99.  It has now replaced the laserdisk.

The film has not held up well.

But it would be worth another visit for Terrible Casting, if just for the bit parts.

(I nominate Angela Lansbury for the Mayor's Wife... she could milk those legs like crazy!)

I just watched this movie a couple of weeks ago and I thought it was delightful.
“One thing’s universal,

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #251 on: April 03, 2009, 07:48:57 PM »

Part of my problem with the original film of BBB comes from how much the script deviated from the stage version.  Speeding turtles?  Not that the original story was all that great, but castrating the score the way it did (which I didn't discover until the Tommy Tune stage tour)...

The television film remake kept to the original story (for the most part), but the casting was horrendous.

I've heard that there are plans for a film remake, due in 2011.  I shudder to think what will happen.   :P

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #252 on: April 03, 2009, 07:54:13 PM »

I reminded my boss that the Joan Rivers comedy show here in Rehoboth is tomorrow night.

Big oops.  He'd forgotten, and already scheduled himself to be working tomorrow night.

Right now, it looks like his second-in-command will be going... assuming Bob's wife agrees to go.

(No, der B isn't feeling too well right now, or we'd have figured out some way of getting our suits wearable.)

I love how this has all turned out to be so last minute.   ::)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #253 on: April 03, 2009, 07:55:05 PM »

Part of my problem with the original film of BBB comes from how much the script deviated from the stage version.  Speeding turtles?  Not that the original story was all that great, but castrating the score the way it did (which I didn't discover until the Tommy Tune stage tour)...

The television film remake kept to the original story (for the most part), but the casting was horrendous.

I've heard that there are plans for a film remake, due in 2011.  I shudder to think what will happen.   :P

Well, considering that they just announced a Broadway revival the other day with John Stamos as Albert.................
“One thing’s universal,

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #254 on: April 03, 2009, 08:04:35 PM »

STAMOS as Albert?

I don't think so.  Albert is an essentially weak man who learns how to grow a spine.  That means the audience has to buy him as spineless through most of the show, but he still has to be charming.  Dick Van Dyke was that kind of actor.  Stamos as spineless?  Nuh-uh, not working for me.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #255 on: April 03, 2009, 08:17:42 PM »

I'm back from seeing Benjamin Britten's version of THE BEGGAR'S OPERA at Manhattan School of Music. It was a good student production, but I do think I directed it better in 1979. The role I had to play in 1979, when the actor I cast dropped out, was sung much better by the senior Jesse Cromer tonight. The orchestra was wonderful and most of the cast was very good. The scene between Macheath and the whores at the tavern, I swear, is foolproof: just let them talk and the laughs happen.

DOLLY TRULL:   Pray, Madam, were you ever in keeping?

SUKY TAWDRY:  I hope, Madam, I han't been so long upon the Town, but I have met with some good-fortune as well as my Neighbors.

DOLLY TRULL: Pardon me, Madam, I meant no harm by the Question; 'Twas only in the way of Conversation.

SUKY TAWDRY: Indeed, Madam, if I had not been a Fool, I might have liv'd very handsomely with my last Friend. But upon his missing five Guineas, he turn'd me off. Now I never suspected he had counted them.

MRS SLAMMEKIN: Who do you look upon, Madam, as your best sort of Keepers?

DOLLY TRULL: That, Madam, is thereafter as they be.

MRS SLAMMEKIN: I, Madam, was once kept by a Jew; and bating their Religion, to Women they are a good sort of People.

SUKY TAWDRY: Now for my Part, I own I like an old Fellow: For we always make them pay for what they can't do.

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #256 on: April 03, 2009, 08:44:50 PM »

It's Friday night.  happy happy joy joy

I'm glad I'm old enough to stay home on Friday night and not worry about it.

Always feeling like I had to be out on Friday and Saturday night in my 20's and 30's, derailed what I should have been doing.  Like homework and a career.

Now 4 years from retirement, I'm happy to be home and safe.
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Sam

« Reply #257 on: April 03, 2009, 08:45:30 PM »

hello everyone, really great day of posts.

you guys are funny.
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #258 on: April 03, 2009, 08:46:23 PM »

STAMOS as Albert?

I don't think so.  Albert is an essentially weak man who learns how to grow a spine.  That means the audience has to buy him as spineless through most of the show, but he still has to be charming.  Dick Van Dyke was that kind of actor.  Stamos as spineless?  Nuh-uh, not working for me.

I didn't cast the show - I just report the news!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #259 on: April 03, 2009, 08:47:08 PM »

Good evening, Sam!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #260 on: April 03, 2009, 08:47:46 PM »

Past my bedtime....
“One thing’s universal,

Sam

« Reply #261 on: April 03, 2009, 08:47:58 PM »

listened to :  A Broadway Love Story, Tony Bennett's artist's choice, Johnny Cash's artist's choice, and maybe now Scent of Mystery.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #262 on: April 03, 2009, 08:48:09 PM »

G'night!
“One thing’s universal,

Sam

« Reply #263 on: April 03, 2009, 08:48:35 PM »

goodevening, TCB

goodnight

Sam

« Reply #264 on: April 03, 2009, 08:50:24 PM »

till later, must finish cleaning up the cd stacks on the living room floor, while listening to Scent of Mystery.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #265 on: April 03, 2009, 09:39:13 PM »

What an afternoon - something like six hundred CDs went out of here, maybe more and we got them ALL shipped including all the dealers.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #266 on: April 03, 2009, 09:39:29 PM »

I am exhausted and will now write VERY short notes.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #267 on: April 03, 2009, 09:56:20 PM »

Good Evening!

Good rehearsal.  Getting there.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #268 on: April 03, 2009, 09:56:45 PM »

Good cast party after rehearsal.  Ate way too much junk food, but had a great time hanging out with everyone.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #269 on: April 03, 2009, 10:01:11 PM »

Even though we don't have rehearsal tomorrow, I will still be working.  The Theatre Charleston will be holding their Unified Auditions, and since they knew I would be in town, they asked me if would like to play for the auditions. I said, "Yes."  -The director from Charleston Stage also has to attend, so that's part of the rehearsal is not being held tomorrow - in addition to the Cooper River Bridge Run messing up the traffic. In any case... I will be playing tomorrow afternoon.  I think there are only 75 people signed up, so it should be a short session.  And then I believe I will be using a part of my fee to pay for a nice dinner downtown. :)
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up