Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SINATRA DREAM  (Read 4540 times)

KevinH

Re: THE SINATRA DREAM
« Reply #120 on: June 15, 2018, 11:56:40 AM »

Greetings from the Big Apple!

KevinH

« Reply #121 on: June 15, 2018, 11:57:27 AM »

Page 5!

KevinH

« Reply #122 on: June 15, 2018, 11:59:29 AM »

Had lunch at the Hummus and Pita Company.

KevinH

« Reply #123 on: June 15, 2018, 12:00:00 PM »

Page 5 at 3 pm Eastern?   George and TCB can relax tonight!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #124 on: June 15, 2018, 12:01:04 PM »

I'm up, I'm up - was up at four-thirty after two hours of sleep, fell back asleep around seven woke up just before eleven to news of a screwup on the tray card of the Alan Jay Lerner album - infuriating typo on the spine, so we're redoing the tray and will include it with the discs we send rather than unwrap all five hundred CDs.  He's supposed to cut and paste the title everywhere but he didn't and here we are.  So, what would have made a little tiny profit is now a loser.

ChasSmith

« Reply #125 on: June 15, 2018, 12:21:14 PM »

DR KevinH, you had asked if any of us are free for a meal get-together on Sunday.

I probably won't be able join this time, but I'm not giving it up yet. By tomorrow I'll know for sure either way, and will let you know.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #126 on: June 15, 2018, 12:25:22 PM »

Wow MR BK misspelled words can be a bumer.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

ChasSmith

« Reply #127 on: June 15, 2018, 12:26:41 PM »

In other news, the exterior of the house has been completed, the affected bedroom has been sheetrocked, and I do believe we get a whole weekend off without having to get up in time for the workmen to arrive, and without having to have any workmen here doing anything! They've been great, but boy do you need a break from it.

The wall guy will be back at least a few times to keep building up and sanding the "mud" (or spackle or whatever it should be called), which is what happens before the walls can be painted. That's just a few minutes visit each time, then at some point they paint the walls and the carpet people will lay the carpet. (No smirking, please, this is a nice family site.)

Oh yeah. The gutter people still need to come out and replace their stuff. So, really, it never ends. Right?

ChasSmith

« Reply #128 on: June 15, 2018, 12:27:47 PM »

I'm up, I'm up - was up at four-thirty after two hours of sleep, fell back asleep around seven woke up just before eleven to news of a screwup on the tray card of the Alan Jay Lerner album - infuriating typo on the spine, so we're redoing the tray and will include it with the discs we send rather than unwrap all five hundred CDs.  He's supposed to cut and paste the title everywhere but he didn't and here we are.  So, what would have made a little tiny profit is now a loser.

O. M. G.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #129 on: June 15, 2018, 01:24:42 PM »

I'm at work and have caught up with all the posts.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #130 on: June 15, 2018, 01:24:49 PM »

Now to comment on the posts....
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #131 on: June 15, 2018, 01:24:55 PM »

Ever since yesterday's news of my friend Loyce's declining health, I'm in a state of confusion and depression.  I'm keeping my thoughts focused on getting through Page's funeral tomorrow, and I feel much like I felt in Feb. 2007 when Randy, Jo and I sat deathwatch for our father.

~~~{{{Hugs and Vibes of Comfort for Larry!!}}}~~~

George

« Reply #132 on: June 15, 2018, 01:25:09 PM »

We need a good laugh.

Peter Marshall: True or false...there are more psychiatrists in Beverly Hills than plumbers.
Paul Lynde: When my toilet's backed up, I don't care who fixes it.

Peter Marshall: Eddie Fisher recently stated, “I’m sorry. I’m sorry for them both.” Who or what was he referring to?
Paul Lynde: His fans.

Peter Marshall: When you pat a dog on its head he will usually wag his tail. What will a goose do?
Paul Lynde: Make him bark.

:))

George

« Reply #133 on: June 15, 2018, 01:25:18 PM »

Two more sold out performances of ANNIE!

Great news, Jrand!

George

« Reply #134 on: June 15, 2018, 01:32:30 PM »

The photos of the poster and postcard came out well, especially the very nice poster.

Thanks, Jane!  I'm always concerned about how well taking a picture of a picture will turn out.

George

« Reply #135 on: June 15, 2018, 01:33:08 PM »

I should mention we dropped Fred off at the airport.  It was nice having a little extra time on the easy drive there.  Traffic was mostly going the opposite direction.

Nice!

George

« Reply #136 on: June 15, 2018, 01:33:22 PM »

Hi George we are passing Tumwater 😊

Hi, Jane and Keith!     
                                                  Bye, Jane and Keith!

George

« Reply #137 on: June 15, 2018, 01:33:39 PM »

Hi George we are passing Tumwater 😊

And as long as we can use another laugh...

A little old prim and proper lady is traveling by train to Winn (let's say, Iowa), and has been seated next to an equally polite and refined gentleman. After a while the rhythms of the train relax her and she dozes off. Later, upon waking up, it's apparent from the scenery and the light that some time has gone by. She turns to the gentleman and asks, in alarm, "Oh my, have I passed Winn??" With a tip of the hat, he said, "Why ma'am, if you did, it was so ladylike I didn't notice."

That's cute!

George

« Reply #138 on: June 15, 2018, 01:34:21 PM »

;D  of course I knew where the joke was going.

I didn't.  As they say, there's no such thing as an old joke if you've never heard it before. ;)

George

« Reply #139 on: June 15, 2018, 01:42:39 PM »

TCB or George, was the mug on your hot chocolate hot?  I am wondering if they baked the cake in the mug.  I have seen individual microwave cakes baked in mugs.

No, I think it was baked in the mug.  Very good, but very rich.

Yes.  It definitely wasn't cooked in a different container and then added to the mug.  And it was very good!

George

« Reply #140 on: June 15, 2018, 01:42:49 PM »

I found a Bar Mitzvah card at Walgreens next to 24 hour Fitness.

Great!

George

« Reply #141 on: June 15, 2018, 01:43:09 PM »

Yes, my back feels better today.

That's great, too!

George

« Reply #142 on: June 15, 2018, 01:43:16 PM »

Oh, no!

George

« Reply #143 on: June 15, 2018, 01:49:51 PM »

In other news, the exterior of the house has been completed, the affected bedroom has been sheetrocked, and I do believe we get a whole weekend off without having to get up in time for the workmen to arrive, and without having to have any workmen here doing anything! They've been great, but boy do you need a break from it.

The wall guy will be back at least a few times to keep building up and sanding the "mud" (or spackle or whatever it should be called), which is what happens before the walls can be painted. That's just a few minutes visit each time, then at some point they paint the walls and the carpet people will lay the carpet. (No smirking, please, this is a nice family site.)

Oh yeah. The gutter people still need to come out and replace their stuff. So, really, it never ends. Right?

Very good news, ChasSmith!!

George

« Reply #144 on: June 15, 2018, 01:50:40 PM »

And speaking of ChasSmith, you've reached (actually passed) a millstone/milestone!!

KevinH

« Reply #145 on: June 15, 2018, 01:52:56 PM »

DR KevinH, you had asked if any of us are free for a meal get-together on Sunday.

I probably won't be able join this time, but I'm not giving it up yet. By tomorrow I'll know for sure either way, and will let you know.

Okay, DR ChasSmith.  It looks like DR elmore won't be able to go. I don't know if anyone else is available. 

ChasSmith

« Reply #146 on: June 15, 2018, 02:35:10 PM »

Whoa!! I'm so bad at keeping my eye on those things. Thank you, George.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #147 on: June 15, 2018, 03:24:23 PM »

Picked up some packages, then went to Ralph's to get my usual wrap - sold out - had to get one I didn't really want.  Annoying.  In fact this whole day has been annoying and that includes the usual phlegm and worry about my voice, which should be back to normal already.  I could probably croak my way through the score if I had to do it today, but this damn well better be gone by Sunday.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #148 on: June 15, 2018, 03:25:07 PM »

Listening to music and about to take some aspirin for the headache I'm fighting.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #149 on: June 15, 2018, 03:25:32 PM »

The wrap I didn't really want was okay.  I also had some vegetable roll and that was okay.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up