Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: SCINTILLATING STRINGS  (Read 3271 times)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
Re: SCINTILLATING STRINGS
« Reply #60 on: September 10, 2019, 04:42:45 PM »

I am shocked at Vixmom's story. I do know that sometimes people turn out to not be the people we think they are, but that was so crass! Vibes that never happens again!

FJL

« Reply #61 on: September 10, 2019, 04:43:49 PM »

In the shop.  The battery light came on last night.....I await the bad news via telephone.

Today is also my six month check up with my oncologist.  I am hoping he puts me on Yearly check ups after today....and that my car doesn't cost $1000.

Many vibes for Jrand!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #62 on: September 10, 2019, 04:44:20 PM »

Glad your car problem was resolved, Jane. Maybe the service people learned something.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: September 10, 2019, 04:46:19 PM »

HMO vibes to Larry.

Like Jane, my experience has been that they won't even schedule an appointment without an approval. At first I thought they had their priorities mixed up, but it actually helps you from getting stuck with a bill.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: September 10, 2019, 04:47:10 PM »

Check-up AND auto repair vibes for Jrand.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: September 10, 2019, 04:53:10 PM »

Kudos and thanks to ChasSmith for his efforts on THE CREATURE.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #66 on: September 10, 2019, 04:58:11 PM »

Glad your car problem was resolved, Jane. Maybe the service people learned something.

I hope so.

Jane

« Reply #67 on: September 10, 2019, 05:01:09 PM »

I am shocked at Vixmom's story. I do know that sometimes people turn out to not be the people we think they are, but that was so crass! Vibes that never happens again!

I had to read the woman's response twice.  Aside from the fact it was a horrible response, I couldn't find the logic in her argument.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: September 10, 2019, 05:01:26 PM »

TCB, did you mean that you had to go back to purchase another charger? Or you purchased a new scooter?

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: September 10, 2019, 05:06:02 PM »

I had to read the woman's response twice.  Aside from the fact it was a horrible response, I couldn't find the logic in her argument.

During the first six months of Trump's presidency the stock market went up about 15%. My take was that was what she was referring to. Vixmom will have to tell us if that is correct.

Kim Basinger once made the comment that sex sells. In today's world I would rephrase that to say that hate sells. At least for some.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: September 10, 2019, 05:07:37 PM »

On that note I will bid you adieu.

Jane

« Reply #71 on: September 10, 2019, 05:23:13 PM »

During the first six months of Trump's presidency the stock market went up about 15%. My take was that was what she was referring to. Vixmom will have to tell us if that is correct.

Kim Basinger once made the comment that sex sells. In today's world I would rephrase that to say that hate sells. At least for some.

Good point.  Still, to me, it isn't an argument supporting the teachings of Christ.

Sadly I agree with you about hate selling.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #72 on: September 10, 2019, 05:32:17 PM »

Also, I've been watching a couple of videos that may be of interest only to DR Elmore,

Ginny, So this the point where my head exploded and I had to reconsider everything I thought I knew about you,
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #73 on: September 10, 2019, 05:34:59 PM »

I was so disappointed in her and cannot understand how she reconciles what she says in the pulpit with what she posts on her page

vixmom

« Reply #74 on: September 10, 2019, 05:36:17 PM »

That is indeed correct, Jeanne

vixmom

« Reply #75 on: September 10, 2019, 05:38:50 PM »

I found a creamy blueberry salad dressing, so tonight I had a salad of mixed greens with sliced strawberries, blueberries, sweet peppers, cucumbers, blackberries, sun flower kernels and blueberry salad dressing

vixmom

« Reply #76 on: September 10, 2019, 05:40:10 PM »

Vixdad opted for tomatoes and onions in place of the fruit and had the tomato and vildalia onion dressing

vixmom

« Reply #77 on: September 10, 2019, 05:40:33 PM »

Living on the edge on Long Island

vixmom

« Reply #78 on: September 10, 2019, 05:41:02 PM »

Wondering how Jack made outat the doctor and mechanic

Jane

« Reply #79 on: September 10, 2019, 05:45:04 PM »

I haven't blocked anyone on fb and don't know that anyone has blocked me, but then I might not.  I have been unfriended by a few people.

The people I unfriended were not out of anger or disappointment in them. I wanted to reduce my friends & hadn't really connected with them. 

Then there was this one guy I met on the West L.A. page.  We had mutual friends from high school so I accepted his friend request.   He was apparently smitten with me after seeing an old photo & would message with me too often & made me somewhat uncomfortable. I even asked a couple of the women from his class if he was ok. Keith kept telling me to get rid of him.  The guy briefly deactivated his account.  I took advantage of it and unfriended him.  When he returned to fb & asked me to be his friend again I declined. 

Jane

« Reply #80 on: September 10, 2019, 05:46:21 PM »

I found a creamy blueberry salad dressing, so tonight I had a salad of mixed greens with sliced strawberries, blueberries, sweet peppers, cucumbers, blackberries, sun flower kernels and blueberry salad dressing

That sounds good.

Jane

« Reply #81 on: September 10, 2019, 05:46:45 PM »

Jane

« Reply #82 on: September 10, 2019, 05:49:39 PM »

I was so disappointed in her and cannot understand how she reconciles what she says in the pulpit with what she posts on her page

Is this woman at your church?  I can't imagine having to listen to her knowing the truth about what she really feels.

Ginny

« Reply #83 on: September 10, 2019, 06:32:53 PM »

Also, I've been watching a couple of videos that may be of interest only to DR Elmore,

Ginny, So this the point where my head exploded and I had to reconsider everything I thought I knew about you,

8)
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

vixmom

« Reply #84 on: September 10, 2019, 06:48:56 PM »

Is this woman at your church?  I can't imagine having to listen to her knowing the truth about what she really feels.

No she is currently serving a Presbyterian church on Staten Island

Jane

« Reply #85 on: September 10, 2019, 06:52:05 PM »

DR Vixmom I am glad you commented as I had not opened the links.  I had thought these were only for DR elmore & did not realize these videos starred our own DR Ginny :)

Jane

« Reply #86 on: September 10, 2019, 06:52:34 PM »

No she is currently serving a Presbyterian church on Staten Island

At least she is not near you.  Still, it is rather sad.

Ginny

« Reply #87 on: September 10, 2019, 07:17:32 PM »

DR Vixmom I am glad you commented as I had not opened the links.  I had thought these were only for DR elmore & did not realize these videos starred our own DR Ginny :)

There’s a lot of campus detail that may not interest anyone else.  DR Elmore’s name does come up in the one about the auditorium.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #88 on: September 10, 2019, 07:29:17 PM »

It was another long day at work with way too much to get done. Meetings stacked up at the same time and then canceled but the work still has to get done.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #89 on: September 10, 2019, 07:29:36 PM »

Let's move on ...
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up