Archives > Archive 5

THE GRAND POOBAH

(1/47) > >>

bk:
Well, you've read the notes, you know what Poobah spelled backwards is, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they are, of course, the Grand Moobah.

bk:
And the word of the day is: HIRSUTE!

DakotaCelt:
Just wanted to say hello before I became a Wussburger and settled in front of the telly...

Have a pleasant evening and I may stop by in the morning...

Tomovoz:
To paraphrase missing DR Jay  - Some of us were born without the opera gene.

I tried attending a  couple of seasons and saw a few of the usual suspects byt Puccini and Verdi.  I just did not get involved - glorious melodies though.

The lines bewteen the forms of musical theatre are always blurred for me.

I've enjoyed some G & S but have never really liked "The Mikado".  "Patience" is very funny and I enjoy Pirates and Pinafore.

I like "The Merry Widow" and "Orpheus In the Underworld". I also enjoy the music of the "Student Prince", "Bitter Sweet" and the Novello Operettas.
For me "Kismet" belongs there too; a  favourite of mine.

Michael:
I guess people of our generation don't know from operettas except for G & S shows. So I have to say that of their shows that I have seen I enjoyed The Mikado (Doyle Carte Production), HMS Pinafore (Local Production) and The Pirates of Penzance (NY Shakespeare Company) and I would like to forget I ever saw the Pirate Movie.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version