Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: A BAD ACID FLASHBACK OR A DEAD HERRING IN THE MOONLIGHT  (Read 30597 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:A BAD ACID FLASHBACK OR A DEAD HERRING IN THE MOONLIGHT
« Reply #240 on: February 09, 2006, 04:01:57 PM »

I never watch the Weather witch.  

This face??  A weather witch???  :D
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #241 on: February 09, 2006, 04:07:21 PM »

This morning I looked out my window, and this is what I saw:
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #242 on: February 09, 2006, 04:10:09 PM »

In other words, CBS gives a rat's ass for quality...it just wants instant gratification (something that has become epidemic since the millenium changed).

I wonder if any of the current "shirts" gives any credence to the possibility that the other networks have locks on the bulk of the audience with their own programming and that CBS needs to establish a great program in the slot they want to win and then stick with it, wooing/enticing viewers to check it out?

Well spoken DR RP and I could not agree with you more. All the netwoirks have issues whether it is a day part or primetime.

NBC's lineup has been weak at best since Fraser and Friends have ceased production several years ago. Granted they have the Law and ORder trio and ER, they cannot depend wholly on those programs.

Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #243 on: February 09, 2006, 04:11:29 PM »

This morning I looked out my window, and this is what I saw:

Lovely DR Laura....

We see them occaisionally in the spring and summer.

Meanwhile. since it is dead at work,  I have done some research for the paper I have to write for my class, it is back to catching up on the posts!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Jennifer

« Reply #244 on: February 09, 2006, 04:12:54 PM »

LOST TALK *******************************(slight spoiler)

Nobody answered my LOST post on page 4 (#111).  I had to go back to see if i actually posted it! Yep it's there.

Btw, re: what MattH and RonP thought re: the radio. That never occured to me.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #245 on: February 09, 2006, 04:14:45 PM »

Well, of course, by "gosh awful and tedious", I'm only letting everyone know how "I" find Jimmy Kimmel.  If anyone else likes him, that's cool.  I still love you all.

Ditto the "Spamalot" issue.  I, too, preferred all the other nominees....I figured "Spamalot" would win, but I suspect seeing the show is the key to adoring it...I certainly don't begrudge anyone a Grammy for it, but I agree with Matt that it was the lesser of the nominees....personal taste and all that.

Not a huge Jimmy Kimmel fan but I will take him over a few others....

I was disappointed that the Chieftains did not win in their category but it was a tough one also. All the nominees had outstanding work.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #246 on: February 09, 2006, 04:23:51 PM »

Maybe if I wrap Freddy up in a bundle he can pass as a fat, hairy baby with whiskers.

LOL!!! Cute, very cute!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #247 on: February 09, 2006, 04:27:12 PM »

I'd worry more about breaking the blanket.

But I did change my previous post to MBarnum's original word of "bundle."  If anyone's trying to make sense of any of this.

THe poor person holding Freddy.... The claw marks would hurt a bit after awhile...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #248 on: February 09, 2006, 04:29:39 PM »

I just found out that my boss has selected me to be the official non-Equity licensing representative for MTI at the Southeastern Theatre Conference (SETC) the first week of March. Here's the best part - it's in Orlando! And the company's paying!! And I get to go with one of my best friends as he's the Equity licensing rep, so we're gonna try to get VIP tickets to Disney one day while we're there.

WOO and HOO!!

Sounds like an interesting time DR Jason... Have fun!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #249 on: February 09, 2006, 04:33:34 PM »

As for Spamalot snagging the Grammy... Regardless of the quality of the show and/or of the recording, I knew the whole voting process and knowledge of the voting body was "off" the year that "Riverdance" won.  Need I say more?  Not to diminish the contributions and talents of those involved with any of the nommed recordings, it seems to be a matter of name recognition than anything else.

;)

True

I liked Riverdance and Lord of the Dance....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #250 on: February 09, 2006, 04:35:59 PM »

Back from LACC.

First off, everyone votes for the Grammys - there is no committee.  As long as the record label sends the discs in anyone can be "up" in the prelims.  Then people vote, and that makes the five.  Then everyone votes again.  The award is presumably for the best PRODUCED cast album, which is why it's really a producer's award.  Unless the show is original to CD (not a revival) the authors don't even get part of it (if my Hello, Dolly had won, I would have received the award, not Jerry Herman).  

The Riverdance year was fascinating, as, I believe it was the year of Rent.  It was also, if I remember correctly, the year of my The King and I, which, all modesty in check, I feel WAS the best "produced" CD that year.  We didn't even get nominated.  I knew Riverdance would win - it had just been all over PBS - didn't matter that it wasn't even a real cast album - it had the "name" factor.  With Spamalot, the "name" factor was simple - ERIC IDLE and the Pythons.  Winner.

I also knew Riverdance would win. It was a big year for celtic inspired music. They Chieftains also had a big year that year....

I agree with you on Spamalot winning. THe big selling point was Monty Python and especially Eric Idle.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #251 on: February 09, 2006, 04:40:02 PM »

Not sure if that's the reason.  "Crumbs" aired here on Tuesday night (or was that a repeat?).

"Grey's Anatomy", for some unfathomable reason, did not play on the West Coast in its time slot Sunday evening.  At 10 p.m., they aired that "Desperate Housewives" catch-up program...but between the Super Bowl and "Desperate Housewives" the gosh-awful and tedious Jimmy Kimmel was on.

So....

Ron, I think it may have only been the Bay Area that got ripped off on Sunday night.  In the Seattle market, we had HOUSEWIVES at 9, ANATOMY at 10, and, fortunately, Jimmy Kimmel after the local news (and my bedtime).
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #252 on: February 09, 2006, 04:42:50 PM »

How does one become a voting member in the Grammys?

Is anybody here one?
 bk? elmore? FJL?  (or his everlovin' Skip?)

Good question...

It is perhaps already answered but I am playing catchup! <G>

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #253 on: February 09, 2006, 04:44:23 PM »

Your house must be as cold as elmore's fire escape!!!

You are a patient man, Mike.

I agree DR Vixmom!! Patience of Saint in a Cold, Cold spot!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #254 on: February 09, 2006, 04:45:28 PM »

Vixmom, I believe it has been a month now without heat.

That is a long time!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #255 on: February 09, 2006, 04:47:09 PM »

As a Grammy voter, I voted for it.  Usually, as in politics, I vote for a losing number.

DR Elmore, how do you become a member?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #256 on: February 09, 2006, 04:49:58 PM »

Add EIGHT BELOW to my long list of new movies that I want to see. It looks very hearwarming.

THe movie might me DR MBarnum, but the temperature is not....  ;)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #257 on: February 09, 2006, 04:52:13 PM »

Oohh... A chocolate taste test is coming up on the 5:00 News!

:)

Sounds good!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #258 on: February 09, 2006, 04:53:03 PM »

The new printer was installed today, and it works nicely. Of course. I hope it stays that way.

Sending Printer vibes to DR Laura.... I hope it remains working also...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #259 on: February 09, 2006, 04:55:29 PM »

DR Jose, the weather report on the NBC news just now is an approaching storm with about a foot of snow by Sunday morning.

You can keep it... We have had a cold blast here the last couple of days with high winds expected overnight... Lots of fluffy snow and it will FLY!!!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #260 on: February 09, 2006, 04:56:21 PM »

Miss Linda Purl has come and gone.  We went over all the patter sections, she typed up her notes as we went along, and now she'll write rough versions of everything, that I will then Kimmelize.  We're working on Saturday, and will start to stage the show then.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #261 on: February 09, 2006, 04:56:32 PM »

Still awaiting the arrival of Miss Linda Purl - I do believe she has never been on time once to any of our meetings/rehearsals.

Of course, I'm very fond of Liz's interpretation of the Primrose songs - I think she captures the essence of that girl perfectly - and I think Gary Beach does a fine job, too, even though his voice isn't my favorite, he really "gets" the guy.

I like Liz Callaway of what I have heard. I love the song she did on the Anastasia sound track...

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #262 on: February 09, 2006, 04:57:27 PM »

Attending the show this evening will be the set designer I had to replace.  

Have no idea what size audience we have, although since it's Thursday I'm guessing it will be small to medium-sized.  I think we're already doing well for tomorrow and Saturday.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #263 on: February 09, 2006, 04:57:58 PM »

Guess what the UPS guy just put into my hot little hands?

The third season of "Moonlighting" on DVD!

(Y'all get your minds out of the gutter!)

I am jealous!!!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #264 on: February 09, 2006, 04:58:27 PM »

Attending the show this evening will be the set designer I had to replace.  

Have no idea what size audience we have, although since it's Thursday I'm guessing it will be small to medium-sized.  I think we're already doing well for tomorrow and Saturday.

Broken leg vibes for the show tonight!!

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #265 on: February 09, 2006, 05:00:06 PM »

Jose, yes, this was way before 2004.  I want to say it was probably 2001 or 2002.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #266 on: February 09, 2006, 05:00:35 PM »

Finally!! I am all caught up..... A busy day indeed!

TOTD: US cities only......

Would love to go back to the 1984 Olympics in Los Angeles

1800s New York and Boston....

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #267 on: February 09, 2006, 05:00:39 PM »

My goodness, we've been chatty here today!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #268 on: February 09, 2006, 05:00:59 PM »

Of course, there has been a lot to talk about!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #269 on: February 09, 2006, 05:01:23 PM »

So little time...and so much to say.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up