Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: WIDGETS  (Read 28941 times)

singdaw

Re:WIDGETS
« Reply #120 on: September 10, 2007, 09:49:52 AM »

Thanks, DRs DakotaCelt and Jeanne!  :)

DR Edisaurus, I know cats are particularly sensitive to changes in their environment, but it sounds like they'll be OK.  Thanks for sharing all your news!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #121 on: September 10, 2007, 09:51:36 AM »

DR DakotaCelt, how is your dad doing these days?

They are still draining fluid off of him once a week but he tires quickly. He is usually in bed by 8 or 9. He still works a few hours a day. "Important to get the crop in." he states.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #122 on: September 10, 2007, 09:52:05 AM »

Hello DR Singdaw...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #123 on: September 10, 2007, 09:52:42 AM »

He is tough, DakotaCelt!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

singdaw

« Reply #124 on: September 10, 2007, 09:54:51 AM »

Hi, DR DakotaCelt.  Your father sounds like an amazing person.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #125 on: September 10, 2007, 10:02:04 AM »

[shadow=color,glow width,#characters wide][size=8] H A U N T E D ? [/size][/shadow]

Check out your state/town/city...or some international location you've visited!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #126 on: September 10, 2007, 10:03:11 AM »

TOD:

The coming of cable:

The first thing cable did in this area was stablize the CBS feed from the local affiliate!  

WGN, WTBS and CBN were among the first stations along with HBO, CNN and some sports channel. That was about 1983 or round about that time that Midcontinent connected some of the rural areas. However, Grand Forks and Fargo had far more interesting channels including the Canadian channels.

WE did not get USA until a bit later.

In the last few years Midcontinent has made either CBC or CTV  (CKY out of Winnipeg) available to all the cities they serve in North Dakota and northern Minnesota

The beauty of the canadian channels, we get Doctor Who before it broadcasts on Sci fi channel and of course, HOCKEY!

singdaw

« Reply #127 on: September 10, 2007, 10:03:40 AM »

I can't check it out from work, but apparently the Sweeney Todd movie website is now live.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #128 on: September 10, 2007, 10:04:10 AM »

He is tough, DakotaCelt!

That he is and he is not going down without a fight.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #129 on: September 10, 2007, 10:05:27 AM »

Singdaw, my alma mater is doing Sweeney Todd this year.

singdaw

« Reply #130 on: September 10, 2007, 10:09:20 AM »

[shadow=color,glow width,#characters wide][size=8] H A U N T E D ? [/size][/shadow]

Boo![/size]

:D

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #131 on: September 10, 2007, 10:12:04 AM »

Ron, a few of those I have heard of when I looked at the North Dakota listings. However for the FArgo one, it should be Morrill hall not Minard.  There are ghosts in Ceres hall.

I have heard of the Fort Abercrombie one. I have also heard the one for the Cannonball river area also repeated up in the Belcourt area and that is linked to a Metis legend referring to Loupgaroux (I am not sure on the spelling).

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #132 on: September 10, 2007, 10:12:40 AM »

I must dash and run an errand before class and then work. Take care!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #133 on: September 10, 2007, 10:19:22 AM »

Ron, a few of those I have heard of when I looked at the North Dakota listings. However for the FArgo one, it should be Morrill hall not Minard.  There are ghosts in Ceres hall.

I have heard of the Fort Abercrombie one. I have also heard the one for the Cannonball river area also repeated up in the Belcourt area and that is linked to a Metis legend referring to Loupgaroux (I am not sure on the spelling).

DakotaCelt...I am not the author.  I just passed it along.  
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #134 on: September 10, 2007, 10:20:29 AM »

TOD:

Our first cable company was called Garden State Cable, which didn't find its way to our particular neighborhood until 1978 or so.  Cable was cheap then, and my parents let themselves splurge on getting both HBO and Prism (a local premium service that showed Philadelphia sports teams as well as movies.)  When we first got cable, HBO ran only during the prime time hours.

Among my favorite channels:  there was some kind of arts channel (not ARTS) that showed odd productions of plays (I remember Donald Pleasance in UBU ROI.)  DR PennyO mentioned the early Comedy Channel, which I liked for its hodgepodge of BBC comedies and 50s sitcoms (it's where I first saw I MARRIED JOAN.)  I also enjoyed Arts and Entertainment--even though it was a premium channel, it still came through clear enough to watch its programming.  It later morphed into ARTS, which was still unique enough to enjoy.  And I'm not ashamed to admit that I spent a lot of time watching MTV.

Our first cable box (that we had for about ten years!) was a unit that had a console with thirteen buttons, a fine tuner and a switch to traverse the three tiers of channels, that ran from 02 to 36.  The console was connected to the box with a cord that everyone was always tripping over.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

singdaw

« Reply #135 on: September 10, 2007, 10:22:49 AM »

Singdaw, my alma mater is doing Sweeney Todd this year.

It should be a challenge for them, as it would be for anyone scaling this mountain!!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #136 on: September 10, 2007, 10:25:05 AM »

I can't check it out from work, but apparently the Sweeney Todd movie website is now live.

Where did they get that music?  It makes the movie seem more like THE EXCORCIST than a musical...
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #137 on: September 10, 2007, 10:32:56 AM »

Wait till you see my Widgets!
You’ll want 'em for your Valentine.
Your gonna say they're all that you adore,
But stay away, Widgets are spoken for.
You’re gonna find, that Widgets are mine!
-- Anaïs Nin

singdaw

« Reply #138 on: September 10, 2007, 10:35:24 AM »

Where did they get that music?  It makes the movie seem more like THE EXCORCIST than a musical...

I can't view the site from work.  However, I would be very surprised if the movie used underscoring that was NOT composed by Sondheim.  Perhaps it is just a temporary "mixing" track?

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #139 on: September 10, 2007, 10:38:25 AM »

Jane Wyman has died.
-- Anaïs Nin

MBarnum

« Reply #140 on: September 10, 2007, 10:39:03 AM »

Check out your state/town/city...or some international location you've visited!

Evidently, the cemetary across the street from me is haunted. Who knew.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #141 on: September 10, 2007, 10:40:28 AM »

Have you ever been in Medford's Federal Building, MBarnum?

singdaw

« Reply #142 on: September 10, 2007, 10:41:02 AM »

Our wiggly widgets
Are the best wiggly widgets
In the world!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #143 on: September 10, 2007, 10:41:08 AM »

I can't view the site from work.  However, I would be very surprised if the movie used underscoring that was NOT composed by Sondheim.  Perhaps it is just a temporary "mixing" track?

I hope so--it's way too ominous.
-- Anaïs Nin

singdaw

« Reply #144 on: September 10, 2007, 10:44:27 AM »

I wish I had a widget...

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #145 on: September 10, 2007, 10:46:29 AM »

I wish I had a widget...

Well, what would you do with a widget if you had one?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 10:46:45 AM by Dan (the Man) »
-- Anaïs Nin

singdaw

« Reply #146 on: September 10, 2007, 10:47:54 AM »

Well, what would you do with a widget if you had one?

;D

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #147 on: September 10, 2007, 10:52:51 AM »

;D

Ya, know--I think one of the reasons I gave up pursuing a career in theatre was that I was always deathly afraid of giving someone their cue and just getting a great big smile in return.
-- Anaïs Nin

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #148 on: September 10, 2007, 10:53:02 AM »

Good Afternoon!

Greetings from the Charlotte Airport - or whatever it's properly called.

Better auditions today, and we were done by 12:15!  So..

I made sure to stop at the little takeout shop near the theatre for a Chocolate Whoopie Pie for my plane ride home, and I just had my customary BBQ meal at the airport too - Beef Brisket with a side of collards and fried pickles!

YUM!
Make Your Own Luck.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #149 on: September 10, 2007, 10:54:13 AM »

;D
-- Anaïs Nin
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13   Go Up