Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: WIDGETS  (Read 28941 times)

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
Re:WIDGETS
« Reply #90 on: September 10, 2007, 08:22:07 AM »

Good morning, MusicGuy.

And everyone else!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

singdaw

« Reply #91 on: September 10, 2007, 08:23:05 AM »

I don't go out into the wilds, though.

Unless you count HHW.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #92 on: September 10, 2007, 08:25:45 AM »

Heading down now to get cleaned up for lunch out with best friend John.

WBBL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #93 on: September 10, 2007, 08:25:51 AM »

DerBrucer, they say those abandoned mine shafts are common out here, although I've never seen one. I don't go out into the wilds, though.

It's a m-i-r-a-c-l-e!

She's ALIVE!

Or is it just Memorex?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

singdaw

« Reply #94 on: September 10, 2007, 08:26:30 AM »

Nice to see you online, DR MusicGuy.  Glad you're slowly getting settled.

singdaw

« Reply #95 on: September 10, 2007, 08:27:13 AM »

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #96 on: September 10, 2007, 08:27:21 AM »

And The Song of the Day: YESTERDAYS

And if you want to Sing another song try this :

BILL

Wow - I was singing "Bill" all afternoon yesterday...
PennyO

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #97 on: September 10, 2007, 08:28:32 AM »

DR Elmo:

[size=8]B R E A T H E![/size]
[/glow]
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #98 on: September 10, 2007, 08:29:48 AM »

How about something like:  "We did what we did because we like it and because it works.  If you don't like it, go take a hike!"

I soooo prefer that! However, if I'm going to give the public my musicological profile in Toyland, I have to do better.

I've been to rehearsal, I've been to the pharmacy.  Now I have a lot of work.  And I really (sigh) just want to play.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #99 on: September 10, 2007, 08:40:51 AM »

What's the weather doing in Noo Yawk today?? boy oh boy, it's lovely here in the woods... today I'm putting together the show book for the family version, then a rehearsal. Tomorrow, a sit-down with the tech...

safe traveling vibes to our boy Jose... happy anniversary to Singdaw... Elmo! OY!!!
PennyO

MBarnum

« Reply #100 on: September 10, 2007, 08:40:55 AM »

As I have mentioned in the past, the arrival of cable television came early to Medford, Oregon...around 1971 or so, when I was in second grade. It consisted of channels piped up from the San Francisco Bay Area, Sacramento, and down from Portland. It was wonderful and kept my dad and I glued to the TV set at all times.

The first actual "cable" stations that I can recall was, I think, CBN (Christian Broadcasting Network) which I watched religiously (hee, hee, hee) as they showed reruns of BACHELOR FATHER, THE JACK BENNY SHOW, THE MANY LOVES OF DOBIE GILLIS, and MY LITTLE MARGIE.

A few years later USA started up and I recall it showing old horror and sci-fi movies and maybe some of the Irwin Allen TV shows of the 60s.

In the mid to late 80s TBS and TNT were great channels with tons of old, old, old movies, as well as AMC.

singdaw

« Reply #101 on: September 10, 2007, 08:50:42 AM »

Why thank you, DR PennyO!  :)

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #102 on: September 10, 2007, 08:51:19 AM »

I first had cable in the mid '80's, after Chuck and I moved to LA - LOVED AMC and A&E, loved all the old movies, even watched the earliest incarnation of Comedy Central - oy, vey, was that a disaster... but somebody stuck to it, kept tweaking... voila!
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #103 on: September 10, 2007, 08:52:14 AM »

Why, you're welcome, boychik!
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #104 on: September 10, 2007, 08:53:20 AM »

Fred!! Did I know that Starfighter was going to be in the festival??? Jeez... two of my favorite Aliens musicals!
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #105 on: September 10, 2007, 08:54:25 AM »

I wonder if both of these fine shows will be playing in October?? I probably should go to the NYMF site, and check the dates... in my mind I had it finishing by end of September...
PennyO

singdaw

« Reply #106 on: September 10, 2007, 08:57:08 AM »

I think I like being called a Boychick.    :)

Brain's last performance is 30 Sep.
Starfighter concludes 7 Oct.
And Such Good Friends [by DR Noel] concludes 6 Oct.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 09:21:11 AM by singdaw »

singdaw

« Reply #107 on: September 10, 2007, 09:19:47 AM »

I spy Amy!   :)  She must have survived.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #108 on: September 10, 2007, 09:26:12 AM »

Hi, All!

I won't be able to catch up for several more days but I'm popping in at work for a moment and wanted to say that we are now residents of Atlanta. We spent our first night there on Saturday. Sunday was a long day of more cleaning and packing at the old house, and we hope to finish most of it up today so the new folks can finish moving in.

The first night was rather a sleepless one. The poor cats had been locked up in the kitchen all day with lots of very loud noises going on behind the door. They finally busted out at the end of the move, to see a mostly empty house and then we left them there all day. They were stressed out when we came back and then we had to hunt them all down and catch them and put them in cages, which made us both feel weird, like we were conducting some sort of kitty pogrom.

The trip to Atlanta was kind of funny, with 4 cats meowing antiphonally. I wish I had a recording of it. I never realized their voices were so distinctive. They would repeat different phrases over and over and then change them, and it really sounded like they were talking to one another. It also sounded like one of those records you hear at Xmas with cats singling jingle bells, etc. Sometimes they would even make a chord!

We got them into the house (after bringing in my ancient kitty's ashes in) in the order that they had originally come to our house) and shut them in the bedroom, put all their cages on the bed and let them out. One immediately hid under the bed, another was too scared to come out of his cage and fell asleep in it, but the other two came out and scoped out the room. They seemed to be happy to be reunited with their furnishings. The trauma seemed to exaggerate everyone's personality quirks. But now everyone has emerged and I think they're going to love it there.

So far, they're confined to the bedroom, kitchen and bathroom. After we finish our move tonight we will introduce them, to the rest of the house!

Looking forward to catching up with HHW.

And remember-THE CLOSER season finale tonight!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #109 on: September 10, 2007, 09:27:02 AM »

Belated CONGRATS to DR SINGDAW and his DH!!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #110 on: September 10, 2007, 09:29:27 AM »

Glad that EDISAURUS can join us again, even if she isn't ketsup'd.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #111 on: September 10, 2007, 09:31:09 AM »

Continued throat-recuperation vibes to BK!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #112 on: September 10, 2007, 09:35:24 AM »

In the mid to late 80s TBS and TNT were great channels with tons of old, old, old movies, as well as AMC.

WGN in Chicago also had some great programming.

AMC....s-i-g-h....was great while it lasted.  Talk about going from being the best movie channel anywhere to being the worst, bar none.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #113 on: September 10, 2007, 09:37:28 AM »

DRMBarnum:  Thanks for sharing about your friend's death.   You did it with class and style....and the obituary was very well-written.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #114 on: September 10, 2007, 09:40:44 AM »

BK's throat?? Oh dear! I can't get the details right now but vibes to you for a happy, healthy throat!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #115 on: September 10, 2007, 09:44:25 AM »

Belated Anniversary to DR Singdaw!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #116 on: September 10, 2007, 09:45:15 AM »

What's the weather doing in Noo Yawk today?? boy oh boy, it's lovely here in the woods... today I'm putting together the show book for the family version, then a rehearsal. Tomorrow, a sit-down with the tech...

safe traveling vibes to our boy Jose... happy anniversary to Singdaw... Elmo! OY!!!

Warm and very humid, verging on rain.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #117 on: September 10, 2007, 09:45:23 AM »

DerBrucer, one of the morning shows showed a clip of Brittany at the VMA... Sad in a way, really.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #118 on: September 10, 2007, 09:46:01 AM »

DR DakotaCelt, how is your dad doing these days?
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #119 on: September 10, 2007, 09:47:51 AM »

throat vibes to bk...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13   Go Up