Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: SILENT NIGHT  (Read 43463 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: SILENT NIGHT
« Reply #120 on: December 22, 2010, 04:46:14 PM »

From Jose:
DR Jane - Make sure that your DS Craig tells the gate agents that it's his birthday. He may get an upgrade. Or at least an extra bag of peanuts or cookies! At the very least, the full can of Coke!

I don't think Craig considered flying to Romania.  His wife doesn't want to live in the States anymore  and wants to stay in Romania.  Craig wont live there again. 

Perhaps after Mikey finishes his tome on loving yourself, which I hope is not illustrated, he can work on a marriage manual?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #121 on: December 22, 2010, 04:46:21 PM »

PAGE FIVE!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #122 on: December 22, 2010, 04:47:02 PM »

I've been to the library and I got back to discover a gift sitting at my door that put me into a fantastic holiday mood. At first I thought it was a wrong item delivered by mistake, but after reading the invoice and gift message, I found the holiday spirit and good cheer I've been missing the past week. This gift, and having money in the bank again for a change, are great restorers of my faith in humanity and the value of friendship. I am very moved today by turns of events.

And no one deserves it more than you do, Larry.

What a kind thing to say, DR TCB! Thank you.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #123 on: December 22, 2010, 04:48:24 PM »

They have no necks, and they are slippery.

That is the title of my next Dummies book on going to your first prom.

ROTFLMAO!! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #124 on: December 22, 2010, 04:48:26 PM »

And it's well past time to quit sending gifts to his adult children, too.

The adult ones don't get presents from me. Once they turn 18 that is it.

I thought you only gave gifts to men over the age of 70?

Are you fishing for a gift?

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #125 on: December 22, 2010, 04:48:44 PM »

I don't think Craig considered flying to Romania.  His wife doesn't want to live in the States anymore  and wants to stay in Romania.  Craig wont live there again. 

???
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #126 on: December 22, 2010, 04:49:28 PM »

I've been to the library and I got back to discover a gift sitting at my door that put me into a fantastic holiday mood. At first I thought it was a wrong item delivered by mistake, but after reading the invoice and gift message, I found the holiday spirit and good cheer I've been missing the past week. This gift, and having money in the bank again for a change, are great restorers of my faith in humanity and the value of friendship. I am very moved today by turns of events.

Now, if I could only shake this damned cold, I could conquer the world! There's always a loophole.

There is always a loophole.  We shall have both boys home & Keith is sick & I seem to be coming down with it.  I can't be hugging Bryan & make him sick.

Jane

« Reply #127 on: December 22, 2010, 04:50:54 PM »

I got a cranky phone call from my younger brother who was miffed because I didn't sent a present down for his ex-fiance's daughter (from his ex's first marriage)

My brother and this gal broke up a year ago. They did manage to have two kids together during their living in sin years (both are toddlers and I sent down presents for them) before she wised up and dumped him.

Dan (my brother) thinks I should have sent a present for Erika (his ex-s daughter) because he still thinks of Erika as his own daughter.

Well, how was I to know...I talk to my brother Dan maybe once a year, if even that, and he is lucky I send presents to the rest of his offspring (he has two adult kids from his first marriage) and all of their kids. Now he expects me to keep buying gifts for the kids of every floozy he hooks up with?!

How is that for my Christmas spirit, DR Elmore! LOL!

PS: I have never in my entire life gotten so much as a Christmas card or Birthday card from this brother or his kids...ever.

Time to stop sending any of them gifts in order to treat them all equally.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #128 on: December 22, 2010, 04:51:39 PM »

And it's well past time to quit sending gifts to his adult children, too.

The adult ones don't get presents from me. Once they turn 18 that is it.

I thought you only gave gifts to men over the age of 70?

Are you fishing for a gift?

Well, that depends on what I see in the illustrated self-help book.
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #129 on: December 22, 2010, 04:52:03 PM »

My friend Fred Barton posted an explanation for the "human error" that nearly killed Christopher Tierney on Monday at SPIDERMAN:
"Tierney was wearing a harness and a tether that was supposed to prevent him from free-falling, but “someone missed their cue and forgot to anchor the tether,” according to a production person who worked on Monday’s performance." (Wall Street Journal.)

In other words, the irresponsible production had no check and balance for such matters as a temporary memory lapse. When you're playing with human lives, that's really irresponsble. I hope this shuts the damend show down.

Perhaps that's why FJL is not coming here - he doesn't like these sorts of posts?  I'll have to e-mail him, I guess, and tell him to get his butt cheeks back here instead of posting on ATC all the livelong day and night.

Jane

« Reply #130 on: December 22, 2010, 04:52:53 PM »

I got a cranky phone call from my younger brother who was miffed because I didn't sent a present down for his ex-fiance's daughter (from his ex's first marriage)

My brother and this gal broke up a year ago. They did manage to have two kids together during their living in sin years (both are toddlers and I sent down presents for them) before she wised up and dumped him.

Dan (my brother) thinks I should have sent a present for Erika (his ex-s daughter) because he still thinks of Erika as his own daughter.

Well, how was I to know...I talk to my brother Dan maybe once a year, if even that, and he is lucky I send presents to the rest of his offspring (he has two adult kids from his first marriage) and all of their kids. Now he expects me to keep buying gifts for the kids of every floozy he hooks up with?!

How is that for my Christmas spirit, DR Elmore! LOL!

PS: I have never in my entire life gotten so much as a Christmas card or Birthday card from this brother or his kids...ever.

If your brother insists, tell him that he should get her something and say it was from you...and to pay for it with whatever money he was going to spend on YOU! ;)

Best response yet. :)

Jane

« Reply #131 on: December 22, 2010, 04:53:24 PM »

Bruce congratulations on your quick sell-out!!!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #132 on: December 22, 2010, 04:53:57 PM »

???

I am very sorry to hear about Craig and his wife.  I guess I didn't realize that she had returned to Romania.
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #133 on: December 22, 2010, 04:55:13 PM »

The skies have just about cleared, there is a sunset occurring in the westerly sky, and I guess we're done with the rain for a while.  Rain comes, rain goes, like Grand Hotel.  Forty minutes ago it was pouring so hard you wouldn't have believed it.  Thus LA.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #134 on: December 22, 2010, 04:55:18 PM »

Wasn't Fred posting here yesterday?
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #135 on: December 22, 2010, 04:56:43 PM »

From Jose:
DR Jane - Make sure that your DS Craig tells the gate agents that it's his birthday. He may get an upgrade. Or at least an extra bag of peanuts or cookies! At the very least, the full can of Coke!

Craig returned safely home from Olympic last night, happy to be home and very pleased with his interview.

Bryan is on his way to Salt Lake City & then, if all goes well, to Medford and us.  The airlines never did anything special for Bryan on his birthday in the good old days of flying so I doubt they would give him anything at all today ;D

They are going to need one Hell of a large apartment!

:) That might have worked, instead they will be getting divorced.  Craig needs to know what state he will be living in to fill in the paperwork.  This has been very hard on him.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #136 on: December 22, 2010, 04:57:48 PM »

Perhaps Fred is working on a song parody for SPIDERMAN based on Defying Gravity?
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #137 on: December 22, 2010, 04:59:02 PM »

???

The plan was never to live in Romania.  He stayed an extra two years to be with her.  Having moved around, just in the States, so often I know how difficult it can be and she was never the adventurous type.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #138 on: December 22, 2010, 04:59:06 PM »

Perhaps Fred is working on a song parody for SPIDERMAN based on Defying Gravity?

And if he isn't, perhaps I should!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #139 on: December 22, 2010, 05:12:34 PM »

Before I got kicked out of HHW (for the last 15 minutes) I started to say that I am very sorry for the way things worked out for Craig.  It is tough anytime, but especially at this time of year.  I hope that he gets this job.  It sounds like just what he needs right now.
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #140 on: December 22, 2010, 05:19:45 PM »

Before I got kicked out of HHW (for the last 15 minutes) I started to say that I am very sorry for the way things worked out for Craig.  It is tough anytime, but especially at this time of year.  I hope that he gets this job.  It sounds like just what he needs right now.

There have been two periods today where I've not been able to log on. The last was about 5 minutes ago.

Laura

« Reply #141 on: December 22, 2010, 05:20:03 PM »

I'm sorry, Jane. I know are fond of Craig's wife.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jane

« Reply #142 on: December 22, 2010, 05:21:56 PM »

I was responding to your post when I got kicked off.  Thank you.  She went for a visit in during the summer and then decided to stay & return to school, and then decided to stay.  I really don't know all the details because I don't ask.  We were suspicious but waited until he was ready to tell us.

Jane

« Reply #143 on: December 22, 2010, 05:23:19 PM »

I'm sorry, Jane. I know are fond of Craig's wife.

Thank you.  I was/am but I'm really only sorry for Craig and am very ok with it.

Jane

« Reply #144 on: December 22, 2010, 05:23:53 PM »

I need to make a birthday cake for Bryan before we pick him up tonight.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #145 on: December 22, 2010, 05:24:52 PM »

I was responding to your post when I got kicked off.  Thank you.  She went for a visit in during the summer and then decided to stay & return to school, and then decided to stay.  I really don't know all the details because I don't ask.  We were suspicious but waited until he was ready to tell us.

And then I got kicked out again!
“One thing’s universal,

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #146 on: December 22, 2010, 05:25:11 PM »

From Jose:

Perhaps after Mikey finishes his tome on loving yourself, which I hope is not illustrated, he can work on a marriage manual?
No illustrations there, either, please. Please.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Laura

« Reply #147 on: December 22, 2010, 05:26:17 PM »

Today I found a dead hawk at the water basins where the hunter was Monday, and now the rangers are very interested in my photos.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #148 on: December 22, 2010, 05:26:36 PM »

Good Evening!

Well...

I've been walking my parents through the ins and outs of redeeming their frequent flyer miles...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #149 on: December 22, 2010, 05:27:04 PM »

Well...

I'm still walking my parents through the ins and outs of redeeming their frequent flyer miles.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up