Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17   Go Down

Author Topic: FRIDAY THE 13TH  (Read 51779 times)

FJL

Re:FRIDAY THE 13TH
« Reply #450 on: July 13, 2007, 10:17:45 PM »

I meant Vivian Vance, of course.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #451 on: July 13, 2007, 10:18:11 PM »

I'm always amazed by how much shorter the actual book is from the manuscript, but this book especially seems about ten pages shorter than others I've done with the same manuscript page count.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #452 on: July 13, 2007, 10:18:37 PM »

So it is written, so it shall be done - page sixteen.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #453 on: July 13, 2007, 10:18:49 PM »

Will we never get to page seventeen?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #454 on: July 13, 2007, 10:20:20 PM »

Clotted cream is available but I don't think through supermarkets etc. I think there is some regulation that prohibits the sale. (Due to the "nature" of the product). I associate it with Clotted Cream Teas in England's West Country - Cornwall, Devon, Dorset and Summerset.
Here they are "devonshire teas".

Ahhh...

I was surprised to see it for British beef products are banned in the US, unless that has changed
« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 10:23:12 PM by DakotaCelt »
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #455 on: July 13, 2007, 10:21:52 PM »

Canadian beef was even banned for a bit in the US
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #456 on: July 13, 2007, 10:22:14 PM »

It looks like you can buy Violet Crumbles online...$25.00 for 24 count.  Hmm....

Well, they also have them at Economy Candy down in the East Village.

*Which was one of the first stops on the very first HHW Walking and Eating and Walking and Eating Tour.
Make Your Own Luck.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #457 on: July 13, 2007, 10:23:50 PM »

Well, they also have them at Economy Candy down in the East Village.

*Which was one of the first stops on the very first HHW Walking and Eating and Walking and Eating Tour.

Now I am really curious...

Tomovoz

« Reply #458 on: July 13, 2007, 10:25:59 PM »

Clotted cream would be made locally Dakota. It is just not legal to be sold at retail here as it is unpasteurised. No way would anyone import it i should think!  It is very high in fat content.  (I think above 55%)
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jason

« Reply #459 on: July 13, 2007, 10:27:04 PM »

Tim-Tams are available at a small Australian-run internet cafe on 49th Street, just next to the O'Neill Theatre, where Spring Awakening is playing. I hear they're good...I haven't tried one.

DR Jose: They may also carry Aussie chocolates and candies...

And I'm starving right now...
« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 10:27:51 PM by Jason »

Tomovoz

« Reply #460 on: July 13, 2007, 10:30:59 PM »

Media update"
Jerry Hadley: Golden Days.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #461 on: July 13, 2007, 10:31:26 PM »

Jason, you have to try them. They are great!!!!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #462 on: July 13, 2007, 10:31:43 PM »

Tim-Tams are available at a small Australian-run internet cafe on 49th Street, just next to the O'Neill Theatre, where Spring Awakening is playing. I hear they're good...I haven't tried one.

DR Jose: They may also carry Aussie chocolates and candies...

And I'm starving right now...

Oh, that's right.  I keep forgetting about that place.  There have also been a few Australian pubs and shops opening in NYC over the past year.  There are two places in the West Village I keep meaning to try.
Make Your Own Luck.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #463 on: July 13, 2007, 10:32:03 PM »

Here is an interesting site..

http://www.hometownfavorites.com/

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #464 on: July 13, 2007, 10:32:56 PM »

For those who are interested, there will be an Unseemly Trivia Contest question - but, as has been our wont, it will be in the posts, not the notes.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #465 on: July 13, 2007, 10:32:59 PM »

Tom, my friend Cassie was also surprised and suspects it might be some locals. My friend Cassie is originally from Dublin

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #466 on: July 13, 2007, 10:33:57 PM »

Jason, TimTams come highly recommended by me.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #467 on: July 13, 2007, 10:35:57 PM »

As for clotted cream, I've actually made my own.  It's quite easy.  You basically heat cream for a long time over low heat, then chill it.  Wonderful with berries and homemade scones.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jason

« Reply #468 on: July 13, 2007, 10:40:27 PM »

Who came up with the names of some of these candies?!?!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #469 on: July 13, 2007, 10:41:28 PM »

The slotted spoon holds the clotted cream.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #470 on: July 13, 2007, 10:41:46 PM »

I NEED a Cherry Ripe NOW.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #471 on: July 13, 2007, 10:42:50 PM »

Some of the names are quite interesting....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #472 on: July 13, 2007, 10:45:04 PM »

As for clotted cream, I've actually made my own.  It's quite easy.  You basically heat cream for a long time over low heat, then chill it.  Wonderful with berries and homemade scones.

I will have to try that...

I always like to try new things....

I want TimTams!

Jason

« Reply #473 on: July 13, 2007, 10:46:23 PM »

I could say something tacky about wanting a Big Hunky Big Cherry, but I'll refrain...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #474 on: July 13, 2007, 10:48:19 PM »

Irish on Grand in St. Paul sells Irish groceries and Candy....

Hmmm, they carry Crunchie....

THese are good also

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #475 on: July 13, 2007, 10:48:49 PM »

Bad jason.... LOL!!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #476 on: July 13, 2007, 10:50:07 PM »

http://www.irishongrand.com/catprod/21

Above is the URL for Irish On Grand in St. Paul, MN. This is their additional sweets!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #477 on: July 13, 2007, 10:53:44 PM »

One time when my friend Maureen and I were in the Twin Cities to see the Chieftains, we stopped at Irish on Grand and got to meet Cecelia Ahern, who was doing a book signing at the store.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #478 on: July 13, 2007, 10:57:03 PM »

WE also get Ritter Sport in FArgo

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #479 on: July 13, 2007, 10:58:12 PM »

Oddly, In FArgo there are more places to get Ritter Sport than Dark Chocolate M&M's.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17   Go Up