Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: ENERGIZED  (Read 18611 times)

td

• td
Re: ENERGIZED
« Reply #90 on: July 28, 2010, 03:05:40 PM »

DR Jane - have you finished THE PHYSICK BOOK. . .?
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #91 on: July 28, 2010, 03:05:45 PM »

PAGE FOUR
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #92 on: July 28, 2010, 03:07:25 PM »

T.O.D.

--ASK BK DAY--

How the Hell can this be Wednesday?  All day long I have thought it was Friday.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #93 on: July 28, 2010, 03:09:21 PM »

T.O.D.

--ASK BK DAY--

There, there, Tom....there, there!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #94 on: July 28, 2010, 03:13:32 PM »

What do Christine Jorgensen, Joan Bennett and Frances Farmer have in common? 

None of them have ever been in my kitchen?

Have you checked your vodka supply?   ;D

Were they all dipsomaniacs?

Lest there be confusion, my quiz refers back to the picture JR posted earlier.

So...they all consulted psychics?  Had psychic experiences?  Went to fortune tellers?  Would Nancy Reagan also have this think in common?

« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 03:17:49 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

MBarnum

« Reply #95 on: July 28, 2010, 03:20:19 PM »

DR Jane,

I don't know if all the classes prayed in the morning or just Mrs. DeArmond's class (the one I was in). At the time I gave it no thought, but thinking about it now...well, it just seems odd that it ever was Ok'd.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #96 on: July 28, 2010, 03:31:01 PM »

LOL-I'm on my third book since completing it.  I liked it very much, however, it will not be my pick for a discussion.  Any other suggestions? 

Jane

« Reply #97 on: July 28, 2010, 03:34:30 PM »

DR Jane,

I don't know if all the classes prayed in the morning or just Mrs. DeArmond's class (the one I was in). At the time I gave it no thought, but thinking about it now...well, it just seems odd that it ever was Ok'd.

Thirteen years ago I visited cousins on the Isle of Man (a little island between England & Ireland).  I was only there one full day shortly before their Christmas break.  I spent the day doing activities with their grandchildren which included the school Christmas play.  I kept laughing you wouldn't see this in our public schools.  It was the story of the birth of Jesus.  My cousin said she did the play when she was in elementary school. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #98 on: July 28, 2010, 03:50:13 PM »

I am so psyched about these two projects!  One is a really terrific score from a much-maligned 1950s film.  The other is a film score masterpiece by a favorite Golden Age composer (this score is from the 1960s - but EARLY) - that will be, I think, a two CD set - the original LP presentation, and then the complete score, which is about thirty to forty minutes longer than the LP.  The latter, for me, is an all-time Holy Grail.

td

• td
« Reply #99 on: July 28, 2010, 03:54:26 PM »

I am so psyched about these two projects!  One is a really terrific score from a much-maligned 1950s film.  The other is a film score masterpiece by a favorite Golden Age composer (this score is from the 1960s - but EARLY) - that will be, I think, a two CD set - the original LP presentation, and then the complete score, which is about thirty to forty minutes longer than the LP.  The latter, for me, is an all-time Holy Grail.

You are such a tease!  ;)

td

• td
« Reply #100 on: July 28, 2010, 03:55:55 PM »

LOL-I'm on my third book since completing it.  I liked it very much, however, it will not be my pick for a discussion.  Any other suggestions? 

Off the top of my head, only SARA'S KEY and THE ART OF RACING IN THE RAIN are springing immediately to mind.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #101 on: July 28, 2010, 03:59:44 PM »

T.O.D.

--ASK BK DAY--

Well, Mr Van Winkle, July 28 was a Friday. In 2006!

Wake Up!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #102 on: July 28, 2010, 04:11:59 PM »

Off the top of my head, only SARA'S KEY and THE ART OF RACING IN THE RAIN are springing immediately to mind.

Last year I suggested SARA'S KEY to another member in my group and we read it.  Keith's aunt, a dog lover, suggested RAIN and every time I look at the book I put it back down.  I guess I'll break down and give it a try. 

Has anyone else read THE ART OF RACING IN THE RAIN?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #103 on: July 28, 2010, 04:12:26 PM »

I've been hired by the Music Center again - to produce the music portion of their commercial for Leap of Faith, the Alan Menken musical.  That will be a week from Friday in the evening.  No money, but four free tix to opening night (and GOOD seats this time - part of the deal) and the opening night partay.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #104 on: July 28, 2010, 04:12:55 PM »

I'll be working with Menken's guy, Michael Kosarin, or Kos.  Don't really know anything about him.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #105 on: July 28, 2010, 04:21:33 PM »

I'll be working with Menken's guy, Michael Kosarin, or Kos.  Don't really know anything about him.
Here are his Broadway credits:
http://www.ibdb.com/person.php?id=69965

I think, but I'm not sure, his father was Oscar Kosarin:
http://www.ibdb.com/person.php?id=94739
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #106 on: July 28, 2010, 04:41:43 PM »

Oh, I know what he's done - I just don't know anything about him personally.  You know, as in vibe.  I'm there to make sure it all runs smoothly and gets done correctly.  So, as long as everyone is having a good time - I'm happy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #107 on: July 28, 2010, 04:46:26 PM »

So I was sleeping away last night when I woke up and couldn't breathe. I was literally gasping for breath.  I got up coughed and coughed and drank water and finally could breathe again.  It scared me.  Today I went to the doctor.  My sinuses, ears and throat are good and she said if it was viral it wouldn't have lasted this long. So she gave me an antibiotic and an inhaler.  I have to say, the first thing I thought last night was asthma.  I've never had it, but it seemed like what I've read an asthma attack is like.  I used the inhaler at the doctors office and I was amazed how much better I felt.  I'm hoping that the antibiotic takes care of it and I won't need the inhaler, but it's nice to have it. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #108 on: July 28, 2010, 04:49:21 PM »

The patient instructions for the inhaler says not to consume "large amounts of items containing caffine"  That's really not helpful, my "large amount" could be much different from someone elses "large amount"

Jane

« Reply #109 on: July 28, 2010, 04:51:31 PM »

VIBES CILLA!!!  Since you have been sick are you keeping yourself elevated at night?

Cillaliz

« Reply #110 on: July 28, 2010, 05:00:19 PM »

VIBES CILLA!!!  Since you have been sick are you keeping yourself elevated at night?

Most of the time, but I can't really control what happens after I fall asleep

MBarnum

« Reply #111 on: July 28, 2010, 05:02:53 PM »

"I can't really control what happens after I fall asleep" is the title of my new book on daydreams, and their repercussions.

Cillaliz

« Reply #112 on: July 28, 2010, 05:15:49 PM »

"I can't really control what happens after I fall asleep" is the title of my new book on daydreams, and their repercussions.

:D

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #113 on: July 28, 2010, 05:26:18 PM »

So I was sleeping away last night when I woke up and couldn't breathe. I was literally gasping for breath.  I got up coughed and coughed and drank water and finally could breathe again.  It scared me.  Today I went to the doctor.  My sinuses, ears and throat are good and she said if it was viral it wouldn't have lasted this long. So she gave me an antibiotic and an inhaler.  I have to say, the first thing I thought last night was asthma.  I've never had it, but it seemed like what I've read an asthma attack is like.  I used the inhaler at the doctors office and I was amazed how much better I felt.  I'm hoping that the antibiotic takes care of it and I won't need the inhaler, but it's nice to have it. 

~~~Breathing Vibes for Cilla!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #114 on: July 28, 2010, 05:31:31 PM »

Thanks George.  I'm breathing better now.  Hopefully it will stay that way

Laura

« Reply #115 on: July 28, 2010, 05:32:39 PM »

I have asthma, Cillaliz. I know how scary it is. I hope you get better really fast.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Ginny

« Reply #116 on: July 28, 2010, 05:38:06 PM »

I am back from dinner with my friend Sarah and her sweet baby Zane.  When she first invited me it was to be on a night that her husband was working the 3-11 shift at our local steel mill, but he lost his job 2 weeks ago.  Having been Mr. Mom for the past 2 weeks, he was more than glad to go out by himself this evening so Sarah could serve lady food and we could chit chat.  Zane is almost a year old and fun to be with.  He really liked the banana layer cake I took for our dessert.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #117 on: July 28, 2010, 05:39:04 PM »

I have asthma, Cillaliz. I know how scary it is. I hope you get better really fast.

They aren't absolutely sure that's what the problem is, but i can say I feel much better after using the inhaler, so maybe...

Jane

« Reply #118 on: July 28, 2010, 05:41:51 PM »

Most of the time, but I can't really control what happens after I fall asleep

;D

Jane

« Reply #119 on: July 28, 2010, 05:42:11 PM »

:D

;D
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up