Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: NIPS  (Read 9025 times)

KevinH

Re: NIPS
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2010, 09:10:08 AM »

Hello from JFK airport!   I'm on my way home from my theatre-filled trip. 

KevinH

« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2010, 09:12:29 AM »

I arrived Tuesday and met my friends from California.  We went to Tony DiNapoli's for a delicious "family-style" Italian dinner.   The eggplant paremesan was especially good.   We went to the Village for a few drinks (club soda for me!)

Cillaliz

« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2010, 09:14:35 AM »

Good morning. Last night I did something stupid that may not have turned out to be so stupid.  I've been using tea tree oil soap I bought from an Amish stand while taking care of Ricky because of the anti-fungal properties.   Well I decided to use a little to clean Ricky's arm before putting on his medicine.  I put it on a rag wiped in on then immediately rinsed it off with a wet rag.  Then I got on the computer and discovered tea tree oil is toxic to cats!!!!!    I ran upstairs and grabbed him and poured water on his leg  (with accompanying howling climbing up my back etc. 

I didn't put another dose of his medicine on it and stayed with him for a couple hours.  he seemed fine, so I went to bed.  Then I got up about 5:30 and went in a slept with him for a couple hours.  Then back to my room and slept a couple more hours.  When i checked on him this morning his leg looks a lot better than yesterday.  I did put his medicine on it today. 

KevinH

« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2010, 09:15:54 AM »

On Wednesday my friend Paul and I went to the Times Square Visitors' Center for Seth Rudetsky's radio show.  He interviewed singer/actress Julia Murney who performed "All That Jazz" splendidly.  His other guest was a composer--I think his name was David Friedman (sound familiar, Jose and elmore?).  He was very entertaining.

KevinH

« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2010, 09:17:38 AM »

The Addams Family was our first show and I'm glad that the shows only got better afterwards!  While Nathan Lane had a few good lines, the rest of the show is pretty bad, if you ask me! 

Cillaliz

« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2010, 09:19:06 AM »

I called the vet yesterday. She said the culture is growing a little but has to grow and change color to have the diagnosis we both expect at this point.  She hopes we'll know on Monday.

Cillaliz

« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2010, 09:20:27 AM »

My parents are on their way home from seeing my sister and her family in Joplin.  They are going through Sioux City, so I'm going to meet them at the Black Bear Diner for lunch whenever they get here (Probably mid afternoon)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2010, 09:25:21 AM »

Travel vibes for DR KEVIN and thanks for the NYC report....more......
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2010, 09:25:57 AM »

DR CILLA LIZ - I did not know that about Tea Tree Oil......we use it often for bites, bumps, and scrapes....

Cillaliz

« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2010, 09:28:08 AM »

Looking forward to the movie CONVICTION. 

KevinH

« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2010, 09:28:49 AM »

The next show was Promises, Promises, which I have to say I enjoyed very much.  Of course I didn't see the original version  :) so I have nothing to compare it to.  Sean Hayes was very appealing, and Kristin Chenoweth, though maybe not the best fit for the role, sang beautifully.  Kate Finneran, who won the Tony, had just begun her maternity leave, so we saw Molly Shannon in the role.   She was funny, but I think she needs time to polish her performance.

Cillaliz

« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2010, 09:30:48 AM »

DR CILLA LIZ - I did not know that about Tea Tree Oil......we use it often for bites, bumps, and scrapes....

I was shocked.  I've used it too and it works great for me.   It seems pretty accepted that it's toxic to cats.  there are reports of deaths.  Apparently their liver cant break down the essential oils
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 09:45:36 AM by Cillaliz »

KevinH

« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2010, 09:34:54 AM »

Travel vibes for DR KEVIN and thanks for the NYC report....more......
[/quote\

Thanks, DR Jrand60!   Here's more:  

On Thursday we went to Central Park.  Paul wanted to see the Bethesda Fountain, the boathouse and other points of interest.   Later we went to see La Cage aux Folles.  We had front row mezzanine seats--great view.  The show was very enjoyable.  Douglas Hodge really was great in the role of Albin.  And Kelsey Grammer as (can't think of the name!).    I was glad to see Christine Andreas but only wished she could have sung more.   After the show we took pictures (as we did with Promises, Promises).  

KevinH

« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2010, 09:37:54 AM »

We took a tour of Radio City Music Hall on Friday.   It was a lot of fun.  While I've been there before (the first time was in 1969), it's been quite a while.  One of the Rockettes gave a little talk and posed for pictures.  And I found out that "Rockette" has nothing to do with Rockefeller Center.  The name is a derivation of the original name for the troupe, which was the Rockets --they were from the midwest , I think.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2010, 09:38:01 AM »

Good Morning! Good Afternoon!

I'm up, I'm up... And I think I need new shoes.
Make Your Own Luck.

KevinH

« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2010, 09:41:17 AM »

Friday's show was A Little Night Music.  It was interesting to see a different take (I saw Angela Lansbury and Catherine Zeta-Jones last year).  Elaine Stritch did her schtick, which is funny.  And Bernadette Peters sounded great. She was very gracious after the show.    Paul and I were in the back of the line and one of the theatre employees offered to take our playbills up to her to sign--that was a first!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2010, 09:44:04 AM »

...By the time I had finished walking and walking and walking - and eating and eating (of course) - yesterday, and had returned to my apartment, well... I lost track of how many times I had woken up in the living room and "intended" to walk to my bedroom to sleep in my bed... -I think that eventually happened sometime around 2:00am...

But now...
Make Your Own Luck.

KevinH

« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2010, 09:47:36 AM »

On my last day I said goodbye to Paul-he's starting his train journey back to California (he's stopping in Chicago for a few days).  

I got a great bargain on a ticket for La Bete.  The theatre has same day rush seats for $27 and I was lucky to get one.    My seat was in the third row on the side.  

I enjoyed the show very much.  Mark Rylance has basically a  monologue for almost 30 minutes.  He's really incredible!  And David Hyde Pierce and Joanna Lumley were great too.  

I went to the stage door and got a picture with Ms. Lumley, who couldn't have been nicer.  And Mr Pierce (or is it Hyde Pierce?) graciously signed my playbills ( I had two, but didn't really expect him to sign both, but he did).   The stage door man said that he doubted that Mr Rylance would be coming out since he had guests, so I went on my way.

KevinH

« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2010, 09:54:56 AM »

Coincidentally, my nephew and his wife were in town for their first year anniverary.  I met them in Little Italy for some delicious pizza. 

Then it was back to midtown.  I had found out that our own Mr Barrett was back in Chicago (the musical), so that was my final show.  I was  little worried I wouldn't make it since I was still at the TKTS booth at 7:40.

Brent was great as always, as were the female leads (Charlotte D'Amboise and Leigh Zimmerman).  I had a nice chat with Brent after the show and went back to my hotel.

So that's it.  Back to reality and work (not until Tuesday, thank goodness)!

MBarnum

« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2010, 09:55:56 AM »

BK, congratulations on the newly acquired artwork! Next time I am in Los Angeles I want to make a point of visiting your abode so that I can view this illustration art in person, I think it is all just wonderful!

Be sure to post some snaps of your new items!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2010, 09:59:19 AM »

And now that I've caught up...
Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2010, 09:59:44 AM »

Sounds like a great trip, DR KEVIN

Look forward to the pictures.

KevinH

« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2010, 10:00:03 AM »

DR TD--so sorry about Miss Dixie Bell.  I enjoyed reading about her in your posts.

KevinH

« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2010, 10:00:49 AM »

Sounds like a great trip, DR KEVIN

Look forward to the pictures.

If I could figure out how to do it I would!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2010, 10:00:55 AM »

Hmmm... The Patrick Stewart Macbeth is on Channel 13 right now... Not the kind of fare that works well - nor deserves to be - in the background.  -Let's see what's on The Food Network or The Cooking Channel...
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2010, 10:03:21 AM »

I made it through the first two Mexican Red Riding hood movies...they were both swell! LITTLE RED RIDING HOOD AND HER FRIENDS was better then the first film, I thought.

I then watched LITTLE RED RIDING HOOD AND THE MONSTERS (1962)...well this movie would have scared the bejesus out of me as a little tike, but as an adult I loved it! It not only had Red, Stinky the skunk, and Ferocious Wolf but it had Tom Thumb and the ogre (both from a previous film titled TOM THUMB).

The monsters included a siamese twin monster, a vampire, and Frankenstein monster, a dragon, a dumb witch...and all are led by the witch from the snow white story (looking exactly like the witch in Disney's Snow White).

Oh, and there was the Morning Fairy added into the mix. What a fun film.

I am pretty sure I saw one of these movies at a Saturday matinee back in the early 1970s, but I don't know which one it was.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 10:05:52 AM by MBarnum »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2010, 10:04:00 AM »

DR TCB - I never did hear from your friends, Sharry and Micheal. However, as I and a bunch of other people have found out, AT&T has been really wonky the past couple of days here in NYC. "Extra" dead spots around the city, text messages coming in hours later, etc. So, if they had tried to call me, well, there is a chance that I might not have received the call nor received any voicemail.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #57 on: October 17, 2010, 10:05:10 AM »

DR KevinH - Sounds like you had another wonderful whirlwind weekend in Wew Work Wity! ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2010, 10:06:36 AM »

Hello from JFK airport!   I'm on my way home from my theatre-filled trip. 

...And at least there are no high wind warnings today. I had a number of friends affected by flight delays in and out of NYC yesterday and Friday.

~~~~~SAFE TRAVELS TO YOU~~~~~
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2010, 10:07:33 AM »

I'm up after eight hours of sleep - the last few days have been great, sleep-wise.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up