Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: THE WHOLE KIT AND CABOODLE  (Read 22126 times)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
Re: THE WHOLE KIT AND CABOODLE
« Reply #90 on: November 10, 2008, 11:08:27 AM »

And the word of the day is: ADVERTORIAL!
Rupert the RAT OVERLAID the listings in the TV Guide with a series of ADVERTORIALS promoting the Fox Broadcasting Company.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #91 on: November 10, 2008, 11:11:01 AM »

LATIMES

Thinking of going Blu-ray? Hold on for the holidays.

The bad news is that the economy is in a tailspin. The good news is that it might result in plunging prices for consumer electronic products during the coming holiday shopping season, especially for Blu-ray disc players that show movies in high-definition. "There's talk of Blu-ray players hitting $200 pricing or even $149 for older models or less-known brands," said Ross Robin, analyst for NPD Group.

The $149ers probably won't have BD-live, an Internet hookup for downloadable games, IM chat and other online features designed for Blu-ray. But if you care only about watching movies in high-def on your HDTV, you can skip the newfangled online stuff.

AT $149 - I'm in!.

der Brucer

But we are NOT replacing all our DVDs with the Blu-Ray editions.  New stuff, OK, I'm fine by that, but the old titles will remain as they are.

So there!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #92 on: November 10, 2008, 11:18:20 AM »

Does Sausage McMuffin with Egg count for the TOD?  :)

McDonalds is evil.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #93 on: November 10, 2008, 11:20:51 AM »

"...it's the earrings that put it over the top..."

...but that's only because the cleavage isn't enough to go over the top of anything.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #94 on: November 10, 2008, 11:25:58 AM »

On TV Tonight!™

NBC - CHUCK, HEROES, MY OWN WORST ENEMY
CBS - comedies, CSI: MIAMI
ABC - DANCING WITH THE STARS, SAMANTHA WHO?, BOSTON LEGAL
FOX - SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES, PRISON BREAK
CW  - GOSSIP GIRL, ONE TREE HILL
ESPN - MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL
Tonight... I'll be watching everything by having der B record it.  I've been called in from six to eleven.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #95 on: November 10, 2008, 11:26:52 AM »

The Caboodles are coming!  The Caboodles are coming!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #96 on: November 10, 2008, 11:31:52 AM »

I forgot: today is my Macbeth brother's birthday. I am not observing it.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #97 on: November 10, 2008, 11:36:30 AM »

Good Afternoon!

Greetings from Chelsea Barber. I should be able to "take a seat" in about 15-20 minutes, so, in the meantime...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #98 on: November 10, 2008, 11:40:20 AM »

I was in and out of the 5th Avenue Apple Store in about 20 minutes. Apparently, there was something wrong with the cooling fan circuitry. It booted up fine at the store, and once I get home, I'll start the Time Machine back-up/restore.

*And, yes, I had another dark-haired, blue-eyed Mac Genius today... :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #99 on: November 10, 2008, 11:42:00 AM »

Hmmm... My iPhone froze up for a second after I read this post... ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #100 on: November 10, 2008, 11:44:09 AM »

And speaking of iPhones...

I'm wondering what bk's first complaint will be about his new acquisition? And when?

Got Kvetch?

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #101 on: November 10, 2008, 11:51:09 AM »

After I left the Apple Store, I stopped into Patelson's to browse the sheet music bins - it's been a while since I've done any sort of sheet music browsing and/or shopping. I did have a few items in mind, but they did not have them in stock. However, they did have the new-ish editions of the piano music of Claude Debussy. I have read about these editions, but had not held one in my hand for personal inspection. Well, it's a very handsome edition, and price-wise, they're actually cheaper than some of the "Editions Originales" still on the shelves. And if I buy them through the music store I used to work at, well...  In short, I think I may have found my Christmas gift to myself this year. :)
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #102 on: November 10, 2008, 11:54:08 AM »

Technically, you just did observe it, and noted the occasion.

Celebrated?  That's something else entirely.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #103 on: November 10, 2008, 11:54:53 AM »

...*And, yes, I had another dark-haired, blue-eyed Mac Genius today... :)

The back room is getting quite the workout, isn't it!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #104 on: November 10, 2008, 11:55:21 AM »

LATIMES

Thinking of going Blu-ray? Hold on for the holidays.

The bad news is that the economy is in a tailspin. The good news is that it might result in plunging prices for consumer electronic products during the coming holiday shopping season, especially for Blu-ray disc players that show movies in high-definition. "There's talk of Blu-ray players hitting $200 pricing or even $149 for older models or less-known brands," said Ross Robin, analyst for NPD Group.

The $149ers probably won't have BD-live, an Internet hookup for downloadable games, IM chat and other online features designed for Blu-ray. But if you care only about watching movies in high-def on your HDTV, you can skip the newfangled online stuff.

AT $149 - I'm in!.

der Brucer

But we are NOT replacing all our DVDs with the Blu-Ray editions.  New stuff, OK, I'm fine by that, but the old titles will remain as they are.

So there!

...And right after I read this post this morning, I saw two commercials about price rollbacks on Blu-Ray Players at Wal-Mart and Circuit City (which, remember, just filed for bankruptcy protection again today).
Make Your Own Luck.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #105 on: November 10, 2008, 11:59:10 AM »

I thought of several DR's today when I was loading footage from "Rhythm on the Range", featuring Frances Farmer. She was so beyoootiful in that.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #106 on: November 10, 2008, 12:00:39 PM »

And I thought of a few more while watching Li'l Abner and Leslie Parrish.

We have the opportunity to interview Abner, who lives in Florida and apparently has some Mercer stories.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #107 on: November 10, 2008, 12:00:48 PM »

I thought of several DR's today when I was loading footage from "Rhythm on the Range", featuring Frances Farmer. She was so beyoootiful in that.

I have Norman Taurog's original shooting script, bound in leather.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Edisaurus

« Reply #108 on: November 10, 2008, 12:04:53 PM »

And speaking of Li'l Abner, I wonder why bk never recorded the Swedish version of "If I Had My Druthers"?

Edisaurus

« Reply #109 on: November 10, 2008, 12:05:29 PM »

I have Norman Taurog's original shooting script, bound in leather.

You are a serious collector!

singdaw

« Reply #110 on: November 10, 2008, 12:05:37 PM »

Edisaurus

« Reply #111 on: November 10, 2008, 12:05:48 PM »

What else do you have, bound in leather?

Edisaurus

« Reply #112 on: November 10, 2008, 12:10:01 PM »

TOD: Favorite egg dish: The quiche at Le Pan Quotidien
I cook eggs at home almost every weekend, and usually fix them scrambled, with sauteed onions and tomatoes from my garden, fresh basil, feta and a little tabasco, rooled up in a whole wheat tortilla.

Now that tomato season is over, I will make them with a little non-fat cheese and some mole made by Zolcalo, here in Atlanta. (They sell their mole at the outdoor market near our house.)

I also love eggs florentine!

Favorite egg song: Mercer's "Steal Two Eggs".

Edisaurus

« Reply #113 on: November 10, 2008, 12:10:47 PM »

Edisaurus

« Reply #114 on: November 10, 2008, 12:16:31 PM »

Not a big egg eater, but like mine scrambled or over easy.

I like big eggs.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #115 on: November 10, 2008, 12:17:13 PM »

DR MBarnum are you taking the day off to have a four day weekend or are your offices closed today?

Edisaurus

« Reply #116 on: November 10, 2008, 12:17:53 PM »

And the word of the day is: ADVERTORIAL!

And The Song Of The Day Is; SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS

Speaking of, here's Richard Sherman after his interview in LA. Isn't he adorable?

JMK

« Reply #117 on: November 10, 2008, 12:21:44 PM »

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #118 on: November 10, 2008, 12:24:30 PM »

Re:  collecting.  As my ever-tolerant DS Betsy will tell you, we have a houseful of FF memorabilia which I've spent more money on than I care to think about, especially in this economic climate.  I do have some very, very rare items, though, including FF's original passport, tons of personal letters and other correspondence, contracts, scripts for several films as well as her own typewritten (with handwritten annotations) scripts for her television series, and on and on.  And that doesn't even include the "standard" stuff like photos, pressbooks, lobby cards, etc.  I really don't know what's going to happen to all of this stuff when I shuffle off this mortal coil, I doubt that any other human other than perhaps JR would have the slightest interest in it.  :)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #119 on: November 10, 2008, 12:27:08 PM »

The list of side effects was sort of scary though.

It is rather disconcerting.

Here we fill out a form that asks if you are allergic to eggs (how appropriate today) and if you are you can't get the shot.  I'm not sure if there is anything else that might cause an immediate reaction.

After complaining for years I add to wait at the allergist office & then experiencing a severe reaction, I would say the wait 15 minute policy is a good one.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Up