Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: HOMEWARD BOUND  (Read 15823 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: HOMEWARD BOUND
« Reply #180 on: June 18, 2012, 05:59:53 PM »

Page
Seven!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

ChasSmith

« Reply #181 on: June 18, 2012, 06:00:00 PM »

This DR enjoyed a good classic Manhattan this evening.  

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #182 on: June 18, 2012, 06:02:30 PM »

George, what does your mother do when she has the family over for dinner?  One half of the family is vegan, and the other half is meateaters.
“One thing’s universal,

ChasSmith

« Reply #183 on: June 18, 2012, 06:03:59 PM »

She serves Meateaters Gin to one half of the table, and...

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #184 on: June 18, 2012, 06:04:53 PM »

Bryan also began his job as a resident today.  The first week seems to be mostly an introduction to the job.

Good Luck to Bryan on his first day!

And Ditto! for Bryan on his first day.

Thank you.  We will give him his first week and talk to him on Sunday.  He said the hours for his residency are longer than at other locations.  Well, he shouldn't get too lonely in his apartment.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #185 on: June 18, 2012, 06:06:02 PM »

Oh, that explains it.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #186 on: June 18, 2012, 06:06:26 PM »

Over the weekend, I was in the bathroom washing my hands, and i turned around to dry them on the towel; and i  suddenly realized I was standing unaided.  It was kind of thrilling for me.  My therapist was not nearly as thrilled.

Wow!!!  I bet it was thrilling, especially since you didn't fall.  I did hold my breath until I finished reading the end of the sentence. 

From personal experience, you really shouldn't do more than the therapist say you should do, it causes back sliding.

Ginny

« Reply #187 on: June 18, 2012, 06:07:23 PM »

Bryan also began his job as a resident today.  The first week seems to be mostly an introduction to the job.

Rob was wishing last night that he'd had a little more of that from his new employer.  He did an all-day ride-along on Friday and he was scheduled for a normal shift today.  I'm resisting the temptation to call or text him this evening...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #188 on: June 18, 2012, 06:08:06 PM »

This DR enjoyed a good classic Manhattan this evening.  

Keith had one recently and they put an Italian maraschino cherry in it.  He raved about is so much I asked the bartender to try one-YUM!  For Father's Day Bryan sent Keith a jar of the cherries.

Jane

« Reply #189 on: June 18, 2012, 06:08:36 PM »

;D

DR ChasSmith I'm so glad you have joined our group.

Jane

« Reply #190 on: June 18, 2012, 06:10:28 PM »

Rob was wishing last night that he'd had a little more of that from his new employer.  He did an all-day ride-along on Friday and he was scheduled for a normal shift today.  I'm resisting the temptation to call or text him this evening...

I would think his experience will count for something when he is working.  Does he work with one or two other people in the ambulance?

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #191 on: June 18, 2012, 06:13:35 PM »

George, what does your mother do when she has the family over for dinner?  One half of the family is vegan, and the other half is meateaters.

Usually, my sister and niece bring their own food, or my mom might make vegan side dishes.  If she's making something like spaghetti, she makes sauce in two batches...one without meat and one with. 

And don't anyone DARE cross-contaminate the utensils! :o
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Danise

« Reply #192 on: June 18, 2012, 06:14:08 PM »

Evening all.   

Sleep Apnea is no fun.  Vibes your way, DR MBarnum.

Heater vibes to DR Ginny.  May it work long with no problems for you!

Vibes to Dear Son Bryan as well!  I hope he loves his chosen profession.  There is nothing like being my age and discovering that you hate your job but you don't know what to do about it.

Vibes for DR TCB's leg as well.  May you be better and better and better! :)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

« Reply #193 on: June 18, 2012, 06:15:01 PM »

Bryan read off a list of activities he will be doing this month including going to the Police Department.  He hasn't a clue what that will include.  I think one of the activities is riding with Paramedics. 

Before working in the ER he will be doing various rotations in the hospital. 

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #194 on: June 18, 2012, 06:15:04 PM »

Over the weekend, I was in the bathroom washing my hands, and i turned around to dry them on the towel; and i  suddenly realized I was standing unaided.  It was kind of thrilling for me.  My therapist was not nearly as thrilled.

That's great news!  But don't overdo it!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #195 on: June 18, 2012, 06:15:38 PM »

And don't anyone DARE cross-contaminate the utensils! :o

;D

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #196 on: June 18, 2012, 06:15:50 PM »

Wow!!!  I bet it was thrilling, especially since you didn't fall.  I did hold my breath until I finished reading the end of the sentence. 

From personal experience, you really shouldn't do more than the therapist say you should do, it causes back sliding.

Trust me, I didn't plan on doing it.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #197 on: June 18, 2012, 06:18:36 PM »

Evening all.  

Vibes to Dear Son Bryan as well!  I hope he loves his chosen profession.  There is nothing like being my age and discovering that you hate your job but you don't know what to do about it.

Thank you.  We hope he loves it.  If not he could apply to do a residency in a different area but at his age he just wants to get out there and earn more than enough to pay the rent.  Next year will be easier when he isn't maintaining two apartments. 

Jane

« Reply #198 on: June 18, 2012, 06:19:15 PM »

DR Danise VIBES YOUR JOB BECOMES MORE ENJOYABLE!!

Jane

« Reply #199 on: June 18, 2012, 06:19:30 PM »

Trust me, I didn't plan on doing it.

:)

Danise

« Reply #200 on: June 18, 2012, 06:20:16 PM »

That's great news!  But don't overdo it!
A BIG Ditto there!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

« Reply #201 on: June 18, 2012, 06:20:24 PM »

OK, here's another attempt to post my furnace photo:

I can see why you are pleased with the new furnace.

Danise

« Reply #202 on: June 18, 2012, 06:21:37 PM »

DR Danise VIBES YOUR JOB BECOMES MORE ENJOYABLE!!
  Thank you DR Jane.  I don't think that is going to happen.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #203 on: June 18, 2012, 06:22:18 PM »

Travel vibes (maybe late) to BK.  Hope your trip was enjoyable!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Cillaliz

« Reply #204 on: June 18, 2012, 06:24:44 PM »

SO, a few months ago, mom and dad went to the animal shelter at my brother's insistance and adopted Lily the cat.  Lily had gone to the shelter with her sister Lucy and her mother LuLu.   Apparently after Lily left, Lucy stopped eating and wouldn't come out or be social. They took her to the vet and nothing was wrong with her, the vet said she was grieving for her sister.   SO>>>fast forward to last weekend.  My mother INSISTED she WOULD NOT have 2 cats, but she was willing to see if Lucy would eat if she was back with Lily.  She ate and ater........today my brother and I were at lunch and she called and said "Tell you brother to pick this cat up right now"  I asked what she had done and the answer was nothing she just wasn't going to have 2 cats.

So, I got on the phone calling whoever I could think of who may be willing to adopt Lucy so she didn't have to go back to a cage in the shelter.   We had just give up when I got a call.  It was my dad he said "We have reached a decision.  Here's your mother".   She said "We're keeping both cats. That's all there is to it".   LOL!  I don't know what Lucy did, but she convinced mom she should stay. 

My mother still says 85 is no age to start raising cats, but I have assured her they won't go to a shelter if she can't take care of them....I just hope that's a long time in the future....5 cats would be well on the way to a crazy cat lady, lol

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #205 on: June 18, 2012, 06:25:43 PM »

Thirty minutes into "Carnage" and wondering why it's still on my screen.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #206 on: June 18, 2012, 06:26:17 PM »

SO, a few months ago, mom and dad went to the animal shelter at my brother's insistance and adopted Lily the cat.  Lily had gone to the shelter with her sister Lucy and her mother LuLu.   Apparently after Lily left, Lucy stopped eating and wouldn't come out or be social. They took her to the vet and nothing was wrong with her, the vet said she was grieving for her sister.   SO>>>fast forward to last weekend.  My mother INSISTED she WOULD NOT have 2 cats, but she was willing to see if Lucy would eat if she was back with Lily.  She ate and ater........today my brother and I were at lunch and she called and said "Tell you brother to pick this cat up right now"  I asked what she had done and the answer was nothing she just wasn't going to have 2 cats.

So, I got on the phone calling whoever I could think of who may be willing to adopt Lucy so she didn't have to go back to a cage in the shelter.   We had just give up when I got a call.  It was my dad he said "We have reached a decision.  Here's your mother".   She said "We're keeping both cats. That's all there is to it".   LOL!  I don't know what Lucy did, but she convinced mom she should stay. 

My mother still says 85 is no age to start raising cats, but I have assured her they won't go to a shelter if she can't take care of them....I just hope that's a long time in the future....5 cats would be well on the way to a crazy cat lady, lol
Good news for the cats. And your mom.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #207 on: June 18, 2012, 06:31:37 PM »

Today at the therapist's front counter, they had a flyer for two kitties who were in need of homes.  The owner's mother is a patient of the P.T. office, and her daughter, the owner, was killed last week by a drunk driver.  Unfortunately, both of the kitties were male, so I had to pass.
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #208 on: June 18, 2012, 06:33:33 PM »

Lily the cat

Lucy the cat

Cillaliz

« Reply #209 on: June 18, 2012, 06:34:06 PM »

Sorry that's so big, I tried to resize it and it's still as big as it was
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up