Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: HOMEWARD BOUND  (Read 15811 times)

Cillaliz

Re: HOMEWARD BOUND
« Reply #210 on: June 18, 2012, 06:34:38 PM »

These are from the shelter's site, I think Lily has grown a lot, Lucy hasn't

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #211 on: June 18, 2012, 06:36:29 PM »

Lily the cat

Lucy the cat

Sorry that's so big, I tried to resize it and it's still as big as it was

They look fine to me.  They're not too big, at all.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #212 on: June 18, 2012, 06:38:29 PM »

I think it was the way I had my display set...when I went back they looked fine

George

« Reply #213 on: June 18, 2012, 06:39:17 PM »

So this is weird...Playbill.com posted this article:  THE SCREENING ROOM: Watch the 2012 Tony Awards "In Memoriam" Tribute (Video)...except when you click on the video, you get the message, "This video is private." 

Why write an article AND post a link to a video that's set to private?  Especially when the video wasn't broadcast on TV. :P
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #214 on: June 18, 2012, 06:45:59 PM »

DR Danise VIBES YOUR JOB BECOMES MORE ENJOYABLE!!
  Thank you DR Jane.  I don't think that is going to happen.
Still, I'll add my vibes. Hoping it gets much more bearable.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #215 on: June 18, 2012, 06:46:53 PM »

So this is weird...Playbill.com posted this article:  THE SCREENING ROOM: Watch the 2012 Tony Awards "In Memoriam" Tribute (Video)...except when you click on the video, you get the message, "This video is private." 

Why write an article AND post a link to a video that's set to private?  Especially when the video wasn't broadcast on TV. :P
Somebody had posted the memoriam as well as Bernadette's speech. I saw them on Broadwaystars.com. You might be able to see them if you go older than the top 10 videos.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #216 on: June 18, 2012, 06:47:30 PM »

These are from the shelter's site, I think Lily has grown a lot, Lucy hasn't
They're beautiful.
― Voltaire

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #217 on: June 18, 2012, 06:48:11 PM »

Maybe they just don't want you to see it.    ;D
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #218 on: June 18, 2012, 06:49:26 PM »

G'night!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #219 on: June 18, 2012, 06:49:48 PM »

DR Danise VIBES YOUR JOB BECOMES MORE ENJOYABLE!!
  Thank you DR Jane.  I don't think that is going to happen.

Sorry. 

CONTINUED VIBES THE HYPNOTHERAPIST CONTINUES TO IMPROVE YOUR COPING SKILLS!!!

Jane

« Reply #220 on: June 18, 2012, 06:51:33 PM »

SO, a few months ago, mom and dad went to the animal shelter at my brother's insistance and adopted Lily the cat.  Lily had gone to the shelter with her sister Lucy and her mother LuLu.   Apparently after Lily left, Lucy stopped eating and wouldn't come out or be social. They took her to the vet and nothing was wrong with her, the vet said she was grieving for her sister.   SO>>>fast forward to last weekend.  My mother INSISTED she WOULD NOT have 2 cats, but she was willing to see if Lucy would eat if she was back with Lily.  She ate and ater........today my brother and I were at lunch and she called and said "Tell you brother to pick this cat up right now"  I asked what she had done and the answer was nothing she just wasn't going to have 2 cats.

So, I got on the phone calling whoever I could think of who may be willing to adopt Lucy so she didn't have to go back to a cage in the shelter.   We had just give up when I got a call.  It was my dad he said "We have reached a decision.  Here's your mother".   She said "We're keeping both cats. That's all there is to it".   LOL!  I don't know what Lucy did, but she convinced mom she should stay. 

My mother still says 85 is no age to start raising cats, but I have assured her they won't go to a shelter if she can't take care of them....I just hope that's a long time in the future....5 cats would be well on the way to a crazy cat lady, lol

Great story! :)

After taking Lucy in how could she give her up ;)  How old are the cats?

Jane

« Reply #221 on: June 18, 2012, 06:52:44 PM »

Today at the therapist's front counter, they had a flyer for two kitties who were in need of homes.  The owner's mother is a patient of the P.T. office, and her daughter, the owner, was killed last week by a drunk driver.  Unfortunately, both of the kitties were male, so I had to pass.

So sad.

DR TCB you probably need to be stronger before having extra cats running around and tripping you.

Jane

« Reply #222 on: June 18, 2012, 06:53:07 PM »

Lucy & Lilly are sweet.

Cillaliz

« Reply #223 on: June 18, 2012, 06:54:47 PM »

SO, a few months ago, mom and dad went to the animal shelter at my brother's insistance and adopted Lily the cat.  Lily had gone to the shelter with her sister Lucy and her mother LuLu.   Apparently after Lily left, Lucy stopped eating and wouldn't come out or be social. They took her to the vet and nothing was wrong with her, the vet said she was grieving for her sister.   SO>>>fast forward to last weekend.  My mother INSISTED she WOULD NOT have 2 cats, but she was willing to see if Lucy would eat if she was back with Lily.  She ate and ater........today my brother and I were at lunch and she called and said "Tell you brother to pick this cat up right now"  I asked what she had done and the answer was nothing she just wasn't going to have 2 cats.

So, I got on the phone calling whoever I could think of who may be willing to adopt Lucy so she didn't have to go back to a cage in the shelter.   We had just give up when I got a call.  It was my dad he said "We have reached a decision.  Here's your mother".   She said "We're keeping both cats. That's all there is to it".   LOL!  I don't know what Lucy did, but she convinced mom she should stay. 

My mother still says 85 is no age to start raising cats, but I have assured her they won't go to a shelter if she can't take care of them....I just hope that's a long time in the future....5 cats would be well on the way to a crazy cat lady, lol

Great story! :)

After taking Lucy in how could she give her up ;)  How old are the cats?

The cats are 2 years old.  The parents are 84 and 85 years old.  We've all agreed they'll come here if mom and dad hit a point where they can't take care of them. Unless we can find a good home who would take both of them.   I'm just glad I have a big house, lol

Jane

« Reply #224 on: June 18, 2012, 07:01:00 PM »

Your parents know they can trust you. :)  I'm glad they have the sisters together.

Cillaliz

« Reply #225 on: June 18, 2012, 07:12:28 PM »

I went to the Tony Awards site and it does the same thing. You'd think the Tony Awards site would have the permission to show something from the Tony Awards

Laura

« Reply #226 on: June 18, 2012, 07:17:31 PM »

Beautiful kitties. I hope they do well together and that your parents are happy with them together.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #227 on: June 18, 2012, 07:18:04 PM »

This family visits every morning. There is a female, two males, and six babies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XiUqycmlW0&feature=youtu.be
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jennifer

« Reply #228 on: June 18, 2012, 07:23:30 PM »

Over the weekend, I was in the bathroom washing my hands, and i turned around to dry them on the towel; and i  suddenly realized I was standing unaided.  It was kind of thrilling for me.  My therapist was not nearly as thrilled.

That is great!

Jennifer

« Reply #229 on: June 18, 2012, 07:24:02 PM »

I am super happy that i took typing in high school. It wasn't mandatory. But it is so helpful. I was quite good at the class.

Ginny

« Reply #230 on: June 18, 2012, 07:26:01 PM »

Bryan also began his job as a resident today.  The first week seems to be mostly an introduction to the job.

Rob was wishing last night that he'd had a little more of that from his new employer.  He did an all-day ride-along on Friday and he was scheduled for a normal shift today.  I'm resisting the temptation to call or text him this evening...

I would think his experience will count for something when he is working.  Does he work with one or two other people in the ambulance?

Yes, DR Jane, I'm sure his experience contributed to their decision to have him do only 13 hours of ride-along.  He was most concerned about company-specific procedures and protocols.  At his former job it was just him and an EMT.  I don't know the set-up with the new company.

We'll find out more on Saturday when we all go out to dinner to celebrate Father's Day.  We won't go to nice restaurants on the actual day (nor Mother's Day).
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #231 on: June 18, 2012, 07:27:31 PM »

Thanks for the HVAC vibes, DR Danise!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

« Reply #232 on: June 18, 2012, 07:27:46 PM »

I went to the Tony Awards site and it does the same thing. You'd think the Tony Awards site would have the permission to show something from the Tony Awards

Maybe they only got TV broadcast rights for the background music and it can't be streamed or officially posted on-line.

George

« Reply #233 on: June 18, 2012, 07:27:55 PM »

Somebody had posted the memoriam as well as Bernadette's speech. I saw them on Broadwaystars.com. You might be able to see them if you go older than the top 10 videos.

Thanks for the tip, but I couldn't figure out the website to find it. :-\

George

« Reply #234 on: June 18, 2012, 07:28:01 PM »

Maybe they just don't want you to see it.    ;D

Well, then they've succeeded. ::)

;)

Jennifer

« Reply #235 on: June 18, 2012, 07:28:09 PM »

Great news for Lucy and Lily. I am not even a cat person. But that story made me so happy.

Ginny

« Reply #236 on: June 18, 2012, 07:28:48 PM »

I have to get up early tomorrow to make myself presentable and move my car before the furnace guys arrive.  I'll be taking my Mother to the hospital for a couple of tests in the afternoon.

'night!

Jane

« Reply #237 on: June 18, 2012, 07:35:12 PM »

Bryan also began his job as a resident today.  The first week seems to be mostly an introduction to the job.

Rob was wishing last night that he'd had a little more of that from his new employer.  He did an all-day ride-along on Friday and he was scheduled for a normal shift today.  I'm resisting the temptation to call or text him this evening...

I would think his experience will count for something when he is working.  Does he work with one or two other people in the ambulance?

Yes, DR Jane, I'm sure his experience contributed to their decision to have him do only 13 hours of ride-along.  He was most concerned about company-specific procedures and protocols.  At his former job it was just him and an EMT.  I don't know the set-up with the new company.

We'll find out more on Saturday when we all go out to dinner to celebrate Father's Day.  We won't go to nice restaurants on the actual day (nor Mother's Day).

Bryan has a few questions regarding insurance, etc & was hoping they would spend some time on that today.

Jane

« Reply #238 on: June 18, 2012, 07:35:43 PM »

DR Ginny-good luck with your mother's tests tomorrow.

'night

John G.

« Reply #239 on: June 18, 2012, 07:37:32 PM »

Thanks for the tip, but I couldn't figure out the website to find it. :-\

They've remove the video. I wonder if CBS got after them for showing it.
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up