Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: SHORT AND SWEET  (Read 11656 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: SHORT AND SWEET
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2012, 04:19:03 AM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Excellent Vibes & Xylophones to BK in his struggle with the postal system! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2012, 04:19:44 AM »

!! 2 !!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2012, 04:29:50 AM »

Good morning, all.

Most wondrous vibes to all in need and this just wanting some.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2012, 04:30:47 AM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Excellent Vibes & Xylophones to BK in his struggle with the postal system! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That's putting the right stamp on it. (Couldn't resist.)

And I, too, want my Follies. Listened to the highlights on the Kritzerland site yesterday and couldn't stop listening. The sound was great.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Michael

« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2012, 04:32:49 AM »

Good morn to all
Never stop dreaming.

John G.

« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2012, 04:38:36 AM »

TOD:

Gower Champion: We're in the Money
Bob Fosse: Steam Heat or Sing, Sing, Sing
Jerry Robbins: You Gotta Have a Gimmick
Michael Bennett: Turkey Lurkey Time
― Voltaire

Michael

« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2012, 04:42:40 AM »

catching up on posts from that last few days.

DR JANE

Marla Gibbs is still alive, but she was not considered an original cast member of The Jeffersons. Although she was in the first episode she only appeared in ten episodes during the first two seasons and became a regular in the third season.
Never stop dreaming.

Danise

« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2012, 04:43:35 AM »

Morning all!  I slept quite well last night.  Might have had something to do with being tired after all that walking! :)  I will start my 2 mile morning walk here shortly.

I am waiting for the AC people and the new contractor who will (hopefully) start on the house in short order. 

I see that Anderson Cooper will be in town in September.   I hope that things are well underway or finished by then.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2012, 04:44:01 AM »

Good luck, BK.  Just be careful they don't go postal on you. 
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Michael

« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2012, 04:47:58 AM »

Another interested note regarding Sherman Hemsley

He was only 11 years older than Mike Evans and Damon Evans (no relation) who played Lionel.

As previously mentioned he was almost 21 years younger than Isabelle Sanford which is why he was "aged" with grey hair during his original appearances on All In The Family
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2012, 04:51:54 AM »

Having one of my bad days. Slept very little. I hate this happening after having two months of feeling good.
Never stop dreaming.

Ginny

« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2012, 05:11:50 AM »

Thursday morning greetings!  Something tells me I forgot to log out last night...

Anyway, this morning I have a water aerobics class followed by lunch with my dear niece/goddaughter Lauren.  She leaves next week for Heidelberg University (in Ohio, not Germany) to pursue her master's in education and be an athletic trainer for the football and baseball teams.

This evening, my book group meets at Sharon's to share the books we've read about or set in London.  My contributions are:

London Scenes by Virginia Woolf
Mr. Churchill's Secretary by Susan Elia MacNeil
Imagined London by Anna Quindlen

We have a forecast of severe thunderstorms, so I hope we don't have to take shelter in Sharon's basement.  I don't even know if Sharon's house has a basement...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ben

« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2012, 05:18:09 AM »

We are getting the hot weather JR and Ginny have. It's supposed to be in the 90s today. It's supposed to be in the high 80s tomorrow. Ugh, ugh and ugh.

Ginny

« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2012, 05:25:41 AM »

Sorry about that forecast, DR Ben!  The good news for us is that the storms will be followed by cooler temps and lower humidity, just in time for the weekend.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

ChasSmith

« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2012, 05:40:45 AM »

Good morning, all.

Woke up from an absurd dream to which I was only too willing to say Good Riddance, and am luxuriating in my first cuppa.  Weird night.  I should have turned the AC back on last night for better sleeping.  It had been off since that AMAZING wind event Tuesday evening, but I could sense today's predicted heat trying to make an early appearance.  I actually needed it whilst working in my Inner Sanctum (music/movie room) last night, so don't ask me what I was thinking.

Yes indeed, DR Ben, we're in for it today.  It's actually dark and stormy here this morning.  Which is but a tease, because once the sun comes out it will steam the place to hell and back.  Getting near 90 where I am, so the city should feel even worse.  However, my two weather websites are calling for a long string of days hovering around 80 starting on Saturday.  I shan't complain.

John G.

« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2012, 06:02:00 AM »

Hope you can get some rest soon, Mike.
― Voltaire

ChasSmith

« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2012, 06:07:33 AM »

The whole USPS debacle has to be the most worrisome and aggravating thing ever, due to the extreme lack of confidence the whole process is designed to give you when the chips are down, when something happens that, in a less bureaucratic system, would likely be jumped on immediately.  

And that's coming from one of those rare people who still likes (or still tries to like) the postal service, for any number of reasons.  But it's a culture you just can't penetrate.  VIBES that Danny Kaye's office will actually do their job.

BK, thanks for your attention to the book and adding it to the list of claims.  Of course there's no hurry whatever on that.  You have bigger things to be concerned about, but I'm glad I thought to mention it.

Ben

« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2012, 06:10:03 AM »

Wow, it's getting very dark and dangerous looking in Manhattan. I was about to go out for a cuppa (my office provides free coffee but it's dreadful and I would rather get a good cup of deli coffee than drink the swill from the lounge) but I looked out the window and decided to wait a bit.

John G.

« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2012, 06:11:10 AM »

Love this quote from the Harvey Evans interview: Good choreography tells a story, bad choreography is a series of back handsprings.
― Voltaire

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2012, 06:23:12 AM »

Love this quote from the Harvey Evans interview: Good choreography tells a story, bad choreography is a series of back handsprings.

From what I've seen, the latter describes NEWSIES.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ben

« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2012, 06:30:19 AM »

Also Step Up Revolution, the new movie opening tomorrow. From what I've seen, it's all gymnastics. Don't get me wrong, I love gymnastics, but the kind of crap they're doing in the movie is not "dancing" as I define it. The groupies can define it any way they want but for me it's just a bunch of over-caffeinated gyrations that don't begin to approach dance.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2012, 06:30:49 AM »

Greetings from Toyland! The car service got me and my two bags of books here by 8:45, and the super is coming to cart off some of the rubble. Good day, so far!

TOD:
Gower Champion: The Waiter's Galop
Bob Fosse: The Rich Man's Frug
Jerry Robbins: The Neverland Waltz from PETER PAN; the Keystone Kops Ballet from HIGH BUTTON SHOES
Michael Bennett: Turkey Lurkey Time

Robbins' ballet DANCES AT A GATHERING for New York City Ballet is one of the most perfect and heartbreaking ballets I've ever seen.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 06:35:41 AM by elmore3003 »

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2012, 06:32:16 AM »

TOD:

Bob Fosse, Gower Champion, Jerome Robbins, and Michael Bennett?

Mr. Fosse -- Hey, Big Spender or The Manson Trio

Mr. Champion -- Dames

Mr. Robbins -- There's A Place For Us

Mr. Bennett -- Steppin' To The Bad Side
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2012, 06:32:36 AM »

Wow, it's getting very dark and dangerous looking in Manhattan. I was about to go out for a cuppa (my office provides free coffee but it's dreadful and I would rather get a good cup of deli coffee than drink the swill from the lounge) but I looked out the window and decided to wait a bit.

Yes, it is! I am glads I am inside before the downpour hits.

Ginny

« Reply #54 on: July 26, 2012, 06:33:11 AM »

Also Step Up Revolution, the new movie opening tomorrow. From what I've seen, it's all gymnastics. Don't get me wrong, I love gymnastics, but the kind of crap they're doing in the movie is not "dancing" as I define it. The groupies can define it any way they want but for me it's just a bunch of over-caffeinated gyrations that don't begin to approach dance.

When we saw the show choir competition at the World Choir Games a couple of weeks ago, there was very little dance, but a lot of what reminded me of the aerobics I used to do for exercise.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #55 on: July 26, 2012, 06:33:30 AM »

Not just NEWSIES; all of his work!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #56 on: July 26, 2012, 06:37:01 AM »

I saw the cast's appearance on Ellen yesterday and I agree.  There's zero technique.  Feh! I say...
-- Anaïs Nin

ChasSmith

« Reply #57 on: July 26, 2012, 06:38:01 AM »

What a delightful interview!

On tonight's watch list:  EXPERIMENT IN TERROR.

John G.

« Reply #58 on: July 26, 2012, 06:42:06 AM »

What a delightful interview!

On tonight's watch list:  EXPERIMENT IN TERROR.
It was a wonderful interview. I may have to dig out my copy of Dames at Sea to watch Harvey with Ann/es Margaret, Miller and Meara.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2012, 06:43:26 AM »

Not to mention "Bring It On," which opens soon. But that at least is supposedly about gymnastics.
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Up