Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: THE DROWSY BK  (Read 34567 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:THE DROWSY BK
« Reply #210 on: November 22, 2005, 03:21:48 PM »

The enigmatic Guest has left the building.

Porch lamps are lit.

Key is under the mat.

Do help yourself to anything in the refrigerator.

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #211 on: November 22, 2005, 03:24:06 PM »

And here I am...alone again.  
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #212 on: November 22, 2005, 03:24:22 PM »

I think George is reviewing the directory, so he's still round and about.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #213 on: November 22, 2005, 03:26:11 PM »

Does anyone remember what he or she was doing 42 years ago today (assuming you were alive and aware of your surroundings)?

http://www.fiftiesweb.com/kennedy/kennedy-assassination-22.htm
« Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 03:43:44 PM by Ron Pulliam »

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #214 on: November 22, 2005, 03:42:28 PM »

I wasn't alive 42 years ago.  Sorry.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #215 on: November 22, 2005, 03:42:44 PM »

Does anyone remember what he or she was doing 42 years ago today (assuming you were alive and aware of your surroundings)?

Economics class, before we were dismissed and told to go home.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

« Reply #216 on: November 22, 2005, 03:44:51 PM »

I think George is reviewing the directory, so he's still round and about.

But I am here.  Earlier today, we had a lunch for our Human Resources manager, who's quitting at the end of the month.  She is only 30 years old and is going for her Master's degree and with the structure study and loss of 6 managerial positions and having to create position descriptions for 4 new jobs, it all got to be too much for her.  She needs to concentrate on school, so she will.  We all went out for Mexican food and it was very good and filling. ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #217 on: November 22, 2005, 03:44:52 PM »

Economics class, before we were dismissed and told to go home.

I was in band, and we were sent directly to our final class of the day (French I) where we sat and did nothing.  They had to get the school buses to the school before discharging the students.

George

« Reply #218 on: November 22, 2005, 03:45:32 PM »

Something just broke....

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #219 on: November 22, 2005, 04:25:42 PM »

Something just broke....

...yes?

Someone's water?

A piece of glass or china?

A bone?

WIND????

I thought maybe you meant a news story, but I haven't found anything out of the ordinary...

...What???

Tell us, George!  
« Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 04:42:32 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #220 on: November 22, 2005, 04:50:19 PM »

TCB...please post something!

George

« Reply #221 on: November 22, 2005, 05:00:56 PM »

...yes?

Someone's water?

A piece of glass or china?

A bone?

WIND????

I thought maybe you meant a news story, but I haven't found anything out of the ordinary...

...What???

Tell us, George!  

"Something Just Broke" is the newest song that Sondheim had written for Assassins (actually, he wrote it for the 1992 London production).  If I remember correctly, it's about how people felt and what they were doing when they heard about various presidential assassinations.  It's on the (new) Broadway cast recording.  Click HERE for a short clip.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 05:06:15 PM by George »

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #222 on: November 22, 2005, 06:08:00 PM »

TOD:  I was listening to Ron Raines in the car on the way home from a meeting and thinking he is a singer/actor in the mold of the Drakes, Kileys, and Raitts.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #223 on: November 22, 2005, 06:08:17 PM »

TCB...please post something!

Sorry, Ron, I was reading my mail.  Yes, I remember where I was in 1963.  I was in Drama Class doing a read-through of our Chirstmas play.  That is right, children, a Christmas play presented in a public school, while across the hall my Mother (the music teacher) was rehearing her students in the Christmas Carols they would be singing at their Chirstmas concert.

Whew, that felt good.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #224 on: November 22, 2005, 06:12:55 PM »

DR George:  LOL!  Thanks for that explanation.  I'm not as familiar with the song titles in "Assassins" as I ought to be, I'm afraid.

But...funny.  And sad.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #225 on: November 22, 2005, 06:15:19 PM »

BK: Joyous News...my CDs finally arrived!  

I have no clue what the USPS has been doing with them all this time, but I have "The Last Starfighter" and Harvey Schmidt's CDs and much is right with the world.

Ginny

« Reply #226 on: November 22, 2005, 06:20:15 PM »

Junior high - we had an odd class called Auditorium, a combination of speech, drama, arts appreciation, etc.  Mrs. Kantor had to disabuse some wise guys of the idea that it was a joke.  

I have more vivid memories of 2 days later when Oswald was shot.  It was my parents' 23rd wedding anniversary and we'd just come from church where my niece (their first grandchild) had just been baptized.  We were having brunch around the dining room table and the TV was on, which rarely happened during meals.  
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

td

• td
« Reply #227 on: November 22, 2005, 06:22:06 PM »

Sometimes I get the feeling I have when I dream I'm on a stage or on the street or in a room with others and suddenly realize I'm naked.   And yet nobody is even looking.

Ooooh. . .some of us are looking, Ron.  Some people just can't turn away. . . ;)
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

td

• td
« Reply #228 on: November 22, 2005, 06:25:04 PM »

On the day of Kennedy's assassination, I was in the second grade classroom of Miss Mary Lou Kasarda.

Ginny

« Reply #229 on: November 22, 2005, 06:34:01 PM »

With all the good advice and input from several DR's and consultation with DH Richard, I've ordered the balcony tickets for Barbara Cook at the Met.  We decided we'd rather sit in the front row of any section as opposed to near the back of the orchestra.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #230 on: November 22, 2005, 06:55:07 PM »

On the day of Kennedy's assassination, I was in the second grade classroom of Miss Mary Lou Kasarda.

Did mention that I was in a Kindergarten Christmas production?
“One thing’s universal,

td

• td
« Reply #231 on: November 22, 2005, 06:57:02 PM »

Dear TCB - you just keep getting younger with each passing year!  You're already younger than springtime. . .what happens in the fall?   ;)

Ginny

« Reply #232 on: November 22, 2005, 07:00:52 PM »

Hi, DR JRand - is it snowing in Indiana yet?

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #233 on: November 22, 2005, 07:01:13 PM »

JRand, 34 pounds-great work.  Good luck through the holidays.

Ginny

« Reply #234 on: November 22, 2005, 07:05:00 PM »

Our house is beginning to smell like Thanksgiving.  When I came home from work, DH Richard had just taken 2 pumpkin pies out of the oven.  I just took out a pecan pie.  Mmmm.

td

• td
« Reply #235 on: November 22, 2005, 07:07:42 PM »

Our house is beginning to smell like Thanksgiving.  When I came home from work, DH Richard had just taken 2 pumpkin pies out of the oven.  I just took out a pecan pie.  Mmmm.

Today I made the Cranberry Pear Relish/Salad. . .AND
Two Apple Butter Pumpkin Pies. . .AND
Three Plain Ole Pumpkin Pies. . .

Yep, it's beginning to smell a lot like Thanksgiving.  .  . ;D

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #236 on: November 22, 2005, 07:10:40 PM »

Today I made the Cranberry Pear Relish/Salad. . .AND
Two Apple Butter Pumpkin Pies. . .AND
Three Plain Ole Pumpkin Pies. . .

Yep, it's beginning to smell a lot like Thanksgiving.  .  . ;D

Yep, it sure is.  I just opened a can of chili.
“One thing’s universal,

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #237 on: November 22, 2005, 07:13:05 PM »

Oh, dear, I hope Jrand hasn't gone off in a huff.  That stuff is really disturbing to me - Jason was obviously joking and put in a smiley just to be certain.  Oh, well.

I always leave in a huff....a black one with big lapels!   ;D

But I ALWAYS come back - you know that MR BK!  To the delight of some and the consternation of others, I am sure...  ;D

Some topics I just let run their courses -

I am sure - as MR BK said - that Angela Lansbury is the total package and that just hearing the CD's/LP's are not giving me the whole performance.   ;D

Not snowing yet, DRGINNY.  But it is perfect timing.  I just got the leaves all raked and stacked at the curb for the leaf truck this afternoon.  So let it snow!!  8)

.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #238 on: November 22, 2005, 07:15:45 PM »

JRand, 34 pounds-great work.  Good luck through the holidays.

Thanks, DR JANE.  I am keeping my fingers crossed.  I would have better luck keeping my mouth shut, but I have NEVER learned how to do that trick!  :P

Good Amazing Race tonight, although the teams are getting very hateful to each other.

I am watching KING KONG - and looking forward to the documentary on Meriam C. Cooper to follow.

I thought about going to see RENT tomorrow evening - being the OPEN-MINDED person I am....but I am still undecided.  ::)  If Molly and Jason want to go, maybe we will travel over to the NEW Stadium Theatre that just opened two weeks ago.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #239 on: November 22, 2005, 07:17:49 PM »

http://www.fiftiesweb.com/kennedy/kennedy-assassination-22.htm

I walked home for lunch that day (do kids still do that?), and my Mom had just heard.  While I was eating lunch, the mailman came with the *first* mail delivery of the day (does anyone else remember there used to be two a day?) and my Mom told him.  She was getting ready to go to a Bridge game, I recall quite clearly.  So I walked back to school and my teacher, Mrs. Valle, was crying at her desk.  They had everyone come back to class after lunch, they made a quick announcement over the PA, then they let everyone out for the day.  No fuss, no bother, no panic about parents--everyone just knew to walk home in those days.  I recall quite clearly a kid named Frank Church running off the playgoround screaming, "Maybe they'll shoot Johnson on Monday and we'll get another day off!"  This is probably the first clear memory from my early childhood.  I still recall the entire weekend being taken up with news reports on tv--there were no cartoons, which was the big tragedy for someone of my age.  
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up