Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: IT'S GOOD TO BE THE KING  (Read 24330 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re:IT'S GOOD TO BE THE KING
« Reply #150 on: September 22, 2006, 05:30:40 PM »

Auditions are fun, DRCILLALIZ.

For whom?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

François de Paris

« Reply #151 on: September 22, 2006, 05:38:39 PM »

For whom?

Not for the bells! For them it's a... toll! ??? 8) ;)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 05:38:53 PM by François »

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #152 on: September 22, 2006, 05:40:02 PM »

To the Good Eats fans wondering if Alton has recovered from his motorcycle wreck, we saw him flying through the square this morning on his bike, so it looks like he's made a full recovery!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #153 on: September 22, 2006, 05:49:23 PM »

I hope this works.

“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Cillaliz

« Reply #154 on: September 22, 2006, 05:49:49 PM »

To the Good Eats fans wondering if Alton has recovered from his motorcycle wreck, we saw him flying through the square this morning on his bike, so it looks like he's made a full recovery!

That's good news.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #155 on: September 22, 2006, 05:50:18 PM »

I found Deidre (she said "Please call me Deidre") to be totally charming and even more beautiful in-person than on television.  I guess everyone is entitled to a bad day - even celebrities.

I will give you that. At the same event I also met Peter and Kristian. Very polite. Peter was charming.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #156 on: September 22, 2006, 05:54:07 PM »

On my way to Mr. David Wechter's to watch a film, after which I shall return.  We may even have a trivia question tomorrow if I can maintain my late-night energy level.

Edisaurus

« Reply #157 on: September 22, 2006, 05:56:03 PM »

To recap:  Wicked was wonderful!!
That is all! ;D

I have a question about Wicked---

I took my niece to see the touring co. in Atlanta (this is her very favorite show) and at the end of Act 1, I got the feeling that Elphaba was going to fly into the air but then she never did. I heard people around me muttering things to that effect but couldn't get a clear answer. Does she indeed take flight? Maybe there was a "wardrobe malfunction"?

The show was very impressive nonetheless.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #158 on: September 22, 2006, 06:02:18 PM »

Media Check...
Computer: Streaming Radio Dismuke...music from the '20's and '30's.
DVD: Finian's Rainbow (Greg just worked with "Silent Susan" and I had a big crush on Tommy Steele when I was young, so a good excuse to see it and a vibrant transfer, too.)
VHS: Work-in-progress documentary on "Stranger Malone", who holds the Guiness record for longest recording career. I'm consulting on this...(not because I'm *that* old!)
Ipod: WFMU's Incorrect Music Hour podcast
CD player: Negativland/Chumbawuma: The ABC's of Anarchy (while waiting for the Guy Haines CD I just ordered to arrive!)

Edisaurus

« Reply #159 on: September 22, 2006, 06:04:52 PM »

if I can maintain my late-night energy level.

Once you're on the East Coast, you'll be able to be a real night owl!

Wish I could see The Last Starfighter---always loved that movie, especially for Robert Preston!

Cillaliz

« Reply #160 on: September 22, 2006, 06:05:21 PM »

WICKED SPOILERS

I took my niece to see the touring co. in Atlanta (this is her very favorite show) and at the end of Act 1, I got the feeling that Elphaba was going to fly into the air but then she never did. I heard people around me muttering things to that effect but couldn't get a clear answer. Does she indeed take flight? Maybe there was a "wardrobe malfunction"?

She does on Broadway

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #161 on: September 22, 2006, 06:07:47 PM »

Good Eats??
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

François de Paris

« Reply #162 on: September 22, 2006, 06:44:58 PM »

I hope this works.

Very funny!

But then I'm French! :P

jhvw

« Reply #163 on: September 22, 2006, 06:46:10 PM »

Hello all, just thought I'd pop in and say hi. I think you should definately audition cillaliz, you'll have a blast. I've thought about trying out at our little playhouse, but the productions end up so horrible I just don't know. It's all volunteer and they always have crappy directors and pretty much cast whoever shows up just to fill the roles. Kinda sad. It would be fun to perform in a show again...jeeze, it's been over a decade since I've been part of a production. That was back when mom was directing plays in Iowa. Those are some good memories.

François de Paris

« Reply #164 on: September 22, 2006, 06:49:51 PM »

Just pop in and we'll call you Mary!!

Emma Williams Withdraws from The Sound of Music
by Theatre.com Staff
Emma Williams has withdrawn from The Sound of Music, where she had been contracted as an alternate Maria. The actress, who first came to prominence as Truly Scumptious in the original cast of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, was expected to alternate with the winner of the television search to find Maria in the BBC TV show How Do You Solve a Problem Like Maria?, which culminated in drama school graduate Connie Fisher winning the role.

Fisher “will now play all eight performances a week, unless indisposed in which case she would be covered in the usual manner by the understudy,“ according to an official statement. When she won the part, Fisher told the television audience, “I feel on top of the world. I won’t let you down, I promise. Every night will be opening night. Thank you for making my dream come true.”

Producer Andrew Lloyd Webber has insisted on his own website that it is standard practice to hire an alternate. “It was made clear from the outset that we would contract an ‘alternate’ Maria to play two shows a week”, he wrote. “Casting an alternate in a major singing role of this kind has been custom in many West End musicals. I instigated this in 1978 for Evita and also for The Phantom of the Opera.”

The Sounds of Music begins performances at the London Palladium on 3 November.

François de Paris

« Reply #165 on: September 22, 2006, 06:51:47 PM »

How Do You Solve A Problem Like Sir Andrew Lloyd Weber?!

François de Paris

« Reply #166 on: September 22, 2006, 06:54:29 PM »

Hello all, just thought I'd pop in and say hi. I think you should definately audition cillaliz, you'll have a blast.

OK! I'll audition Cillaliz but I need to fly to the States to do so, or... can she come to Paris, France?! ;)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #167 on: September 22, 2006, 07:08:42 PM »

[size=8]SPOILERS!![/size] ;)

At the end of the first act (the song, "Defying Gravity"), she doesn't fly like Peter Pan flies (on a wire), but she's lifted up by a crane that's hidden by her outfit:
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 07:09:07 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jennifer

« Reply #168 on: September 22, 2006, 07:10:59 PM »

I understand that Canadians got treated to episode 2 of GREY'S ANATOMY last night instead of the season premiere. Some screwup in NYC sent next week's episode via satellite by mistake. Next week, they're going to broadcast the season premiere though whatever surprises were there have obviously been spoiled by this error.

ABC is rebroadcasting last night's premiere at 8 p.m. in the US.

I"m not sure if everyone got mixed up.  It was on twice (once at 8pm on CTV) at once at 9pm on abc.  I know my parents watch it and watched at 9pm. But i don't know if they got mixed up. They didn't mention anything (and you'd think they would know if they saw the wrong episode).

I had heard about the problems, but since i don't watch i don't know which shows were affected.

Cillaliz

« Reply #169 on: September 22, 2006, 07:14:39 PM »

OK! I'll audition Cillaliz but I need to fly to the States to do so, or... can she come to Paris, France?! ;)

Or I could stay here and sing "I Love Paris" while thinking of you :)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #170 on: September 22, 2006, 07:25:52 PM »

TOD - CD(car) Guy Haines; iPod (now) Wicked OCR on behalf of DR George.

;D

And ~~~Save Travel Vibes for DR Michael Shayne!!~~~

(if a bit belated :))
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #171 on: September 22, 2006, 07:47:02 PM »

I would post, but I don't have anything to say today.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

François de Paris

« Reply #172 on: September 22, 2006, 08:06:57 PM »

Or I could stay here and sing "I Love Paris" while thinking of you :)

Ah, but I need an "excuse" to go back to the States! :)

You should audition for Cats! Your pets would be so proud of you! :D

François de Paris

« Reply #173 on: September 22, 2006, 08:07:32 PM »

I would post, but I don't have anything to say today.

AND... you just said it!! Good! That's a beginning!

François de Paris

« Reply #174 on: September 22, 2006, 08:09:01 PM »

Or I could sing "I Love Paris" while thinking of you :)

Well, just do so and you'll be singing off key!! ;)

François de Paris

« Reply #175 on: September 22, 2006, 08:10:15 PM »

;D

And ~~~Save Travel Vibes for DR Michael Shayne!!~~~

(if a bit belated :))

Should we really saVe them?! ;)

(That might be SaFe to do, I guess! Go ahead, George! Hate me! :D)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 08:11:42 PM by François »

Cillaliz

« Reply #176 on: September 22, 2006, 08:12:17 PM »

Ah, but I need an "excuse" to go back to the States! :)

You should audition for Cats! Your pets would be so proud of you! :D

I could have. Our community theatre just did a production of it. I really wasn't interested

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #177 on: September 22, 2006, 08:24:04 PM »

I would love to do a musical but my hearing loss would not be good for trying to be on on the right key and pitch.

However, I still love them...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #178 on: September 22, 2006, 08:24:42 PM »

I hope you go for the audition...

I like Cats and especially the song Memory

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #179 on: September 22, 2006, 08:28:54 PM »

TOnight I decided I needed to transfer some things from the hard drive of my DVD recorder to DVD-Rs so I could clear them off. I started with THE SEARCH FOR THE RUBY SLIPPERS, the engrossing story of the ruby slippers from THE WIZARD OF OZ. Enjoyed watching this again.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up