Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down

Author Topic: ALL THOSE WONDERFUL PEOPLE OUT THERE IN THE DARK  (Read 20772 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re: ALL THOSE WONDERFUL PEOPLE OUT THERE IN THE DARK
« Reply #270 on: November 21, 2008, 08:14:00 PM »

And I concluded my evening with tonight's GHOST WHISPERER.

Though Sam's parents made me REALLY angry (treating a grown man like he was 12!), the last 15 minutes or so were very moving, and if this is how David Conrad is going to be used for the rest of the season, I'm all for it. It gives him an interesting new character to play and yet keeps him at the forefront of Melinda's life.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #271 on: November 21, 2008, 08:14:13 PM »

Page 10 Dance!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #272 on: November 21, 2008, 08:15:22 PM »

I also recorded tonight's rerun of THE MENTALIST because from the description on the cable guide, I couldn't remember if I had seen it or not. The second he started playing rock-paper-scissors with Xander Berkeley, I remembered that I HAD seen this episode, so I deleted it.

Matt H.

« Reply #273 on: November 21, 2008, 08:16:02 PM »

That still leaves SUPERNATURAL and SMALLVILLE on the DVR to be watched. I should be able to clear them off over the weekend.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #274 on: November 21, 2008, 08:16:20 PM »

Ann, I started the weight loss in mid-July.  I'd grown to epic proportions (for me) and couldn't even look at my reflection anymore.  I began jogging - a mile and a half a day, then worked up to two miles, then three, and now four, every day (I've only missed one day of jogging since mid-July, during my bout with the flu.  As to the actual diet, I do the only thing that has ever worked for me - count calories and fat grams.  I normally eat between 1200 and 1500 calories per day and I've lost consistently every week, sometimes two to four pounds, sometimes only half a pound.  I've eaten over 1500 calories on a few occasions, and I feel comfortable doing that once a week (my splurge meal).  But I don't think I've eaten over 2000 calories since beginning this. 

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #275 on: November 21, 2008, 08:16:37 PM »

I am pissed.

I spent a good share of the evening making French onion soup, complete with cheesy croutons.  I'd pulled the bowls from the broiler, and served der B his bowl, when, on my way back to the kitchen, I spotted our spotted Fletcher making his way into my room.  Suspicious, I went to check on what he was doing.

He was peeing!  IN MY ROOM!

Yes, he got a spanking right then and there.  But the whole thing turned my stomach, and ruined my appetite.

I am so not pleased.   :P
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Laura

« Reply #276 on: November 21, 2008, 08:18:30 PM »

I read something today on the innernet that I simply do not understand:

Bronx Mowgli

??????
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #277 on: November 21, 2008, 08:19:09 PM »

Most of the moms on this board could probably tell you some peeing stories, SWoody.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #278 on: November 21, 2008, 08:28:50 PM »

Time to turn in.  The only day off I'll have next week is Tuesday (yep, I'm working on Turkeyday), and it's crunch time.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #279 on: November 21, 2008, 08:34:40 PM »

I am pissed.

I spent a good share of the evening making French onion soup, complete with cheesy croutons.  I'd pulled the bowls from the broiler, and served der B his bowl, when, on my way back to the kitchen, I spotted our spotted Fletcher making his way into my room.  Suspicious, I went to check on what he was doing.

He was peeing!  IN MY ROOM!

Yes, he got a spanking right then and there.  But the whole thing turned my stomach, and ruined my appetite.

I am so not pleased.   :P

He was just marking his territory.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #280 on: November 21, 2008, 08:37:08 PM »

I'm back from seeing the Transport company production of BURY THE DEAD, which featured a tour de force performance by my friend Donna Lynne Champlin playing all the ladies' roles and six wonderful young men as all the various soldiers. I think it's a very powerful anti-war piece and the production was quite interesting.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matt H.

« Reply #281 on: November 21, 2008, 08:40:03 PM »

My eyes are very heavy so I'm heading downstairs to bed.

Good night!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #282 on: November 21, 2008, 09:22:15 PM »

I have also been working on loosing weight the last few months. I know I started aroun 160 and I want to get to 145 by spring. I have been watching what I am eating, exercising and doing mental exercises also.

I have been going to the mall or the to the dome and walk, wlak, walk, walk...  It is getting cold to walk outside. No ice yet but I would rather walk where it is a bit warmer.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #283 on: November 21, 2008, 09:24:50 PM »

I have also been doing pilates... Wish I had a ball for doing it.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #284 on: November 21, 2008, 09:25:31 PM »

I find that my hip has been hurting less... so that is good!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #285 on: November 21, 2008, 09:31:17 PM »

My goal is around 145!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #286 on: November 21, 2008, 09:31:46 PM »

Good luck with PT Elmore!!!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #287 on: November 21, 2008, 09:45:48 PM »

Laura...

It is not any stranger than Coco Arquette or Apple Paltrow

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #288 on: November 21, 2008, 09:48:24 PM »

My weakness is mochas....

I rarely drink soda pop. Not a huge fan of it.

Not a fast food fan...

Love making stir fry!  and do my best to smile at Jose's lovely offereing... They look tempting. I still would love to try monkey cake.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #289 on: November 21, 2008, 09:54:11 PM »

My other weakness is chocolate.... I am trouble with that....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #290 on: November 21, 2008, 10:13:44 PM »

Several of the soap boards have an obituary and some memorial items about Wayne Heffley up. HE was also in Roots, Testament and various other programs.

Heffley played Jack Deveraux's (Matthew Ashford)  side kick, Vern Scofield...

http://www.jason47.com/days/heffleytribute.html

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #291 on: November 21, 2008, 10:18:54 PM »

Finished my viewing for the evening and am now just nosing around the Internet.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #292 on: November 21, 2008, 10:21:34 PM »

I am nearing the end of hte line on this paper and a project for my class.... It feels good!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #293 on: November 21, 2008, 10:22:40 PM »

I think I will pop in a video later and list to the audio and work. I slept way too long today and now I am WIDE awake.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #294 on: November 21, 2008, 10:24:35 PM »

TOD:

I have not watched much lately for telly due to working on my paper and project.

However I have been listening to music:

CD: Brain from the Planet X, Les Miz

Work puter: The Chieftains

Dont have an ipod. Having dail up makes it a bit difficult to download music.

I may watch some classic Days in tribute to Wayne Heffley.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #295 on: November 21, 2008, 11:00:47 PM »

I gotta tell you.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #296 on: November 21, 2008, 11:34:07 PM »

I think we can make 300 before midnight....

Michael

« Reply #297 on: November 21, 2008, 11:34:10 PM »

OKAY FOLKS

Here is a good laugh,

In the trivia section associated with the new James Bond film, someone posted this

SPOILER: The film makes a number of nods to thriller auteur Alfred Hitchcock. Director Marc Forster wanted the plane fight to be a homage to Hitchcock and chose an old propeller-built planes (like the Douglas DC-3) to suit the retro-but-suspenseful atmosphere. This references North by Northwest (1959). The bell-tower sequence and bell sounds at the end of the Siena foot-chase references Vertigo (1958). Paul Ritter plays a character named Bruce Kimmel. This is the same name of the main character played by Farley Granger in Hitchcock's Strangers on a Train (1951).

Actually the character's name is Guy Haines
Never stop dreaming.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #298 on: November 21, 2008, 11:34:50 PM »

that is curious....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #299 on: November 21, 2008, 11:35:43 PM »

ONe day I came across a Bruce Kimmel who wrote a bookon Limnology...
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up