Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: RANCID NUTMEATS  (Read 12908 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: RANCID NUTMEATS
« Reply #90 on: October 29, 2010, 02:29:05 PM »

I'm still exhausted since returning home.  My allergies are very bad and I'm fighting a cold.  I really don't want to go shopping for a new eyeglass frame.  I have so few choices & I never like anything all that much.  It is very discouraging.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #91 on: October 29, 2010, 02:40:30 PM »

Wasn't Gregory Harrison in some iteration of CITY OF ANGELS?
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #92 on: October 29, 2010, 03:05:37 PM »

Well, I think it's safe to announce that Mr Ron Raines is playing Ben Stone in FOLLIES; the contract came through today. I didn't want to jinx it by announcing it before things were in place.

On another note, I've got to rent a car in Ohio and I need to know the DRs' opinions on the best and least expensive rentals. I thought the car I rented two years ago was way too high for a week, but I can't remember which company I used!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #93 on: October 29, 2010, 03:06:37 PM »

We use whichever one has that Emerald Isle option, is that National?  That way you can pick your own car.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #94 on: October 29, 2010, 03:16:10 PM »

TOD:

DVD: Extract, a comedy from Mike Judge, creator of "King of the Hill."

CD: Haines His Way

Car CD: Disc 3 of "American Gods." (Thankfully, Miss Becky Sharp and "Vanity Fair" have been put to rest.)

MP3: "Sugar." The way it should always have sounded.

DR John G, who does the reading on AMERICAN GODS?

George Guidell, who is doing a good job with it. Really fun. But that could actually be the book.

George Guidell is fabulous!  On our 25th wedding anniversary, Richard and I toured the Recorded Books, Inc. studios and had the honor of observing him in the recording booth.  He was very gracious to us and great fun to watch as he recorded Nathaniel Philbrick's Mayflower.
I think I've listened for at least 200 books he's recorded. My favorite was the Wally Lamb "I Know This Much Is True."
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #95 on: October 29, 2010, 03:17:46 PM »

I think what I object to is taking foods and trying to make them into something else. If you are vegan and opposed to eating pig, why would you create something that reminds you of bacon? Why make mayonnaise that has no eggs in it?

Because if you previously ate those foods you still miss the taste.  I eat soy bacon & hot dogs occasionally when I can find the brands I like. 

I miss the taste of coffee, but decaf can't replicate the mouthfeel of fully caffeinated, so I drink something else. Likewise, carob tastes nothing like chocolate. Carob tastes more like dirt than anything else. And since I'm from Kentucky, I do know what dirt tastes like.

I have never known anyone who could tell the difference between decaf & regular except for the caffeine buz.  I tried carob & would rather do without.
Decaf is thinner, feels more like hot water than coffee.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #96 on: October 29, 2010, 03:22:31 PM »

My wife had some minor surgery on her hand (trigger finger) this morning, and this is the first time I've had to sit down since we got home.

She's okay, sleeping now, but it did take awhile for her to come out of the anesthetic.
You can dream…or you can do.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #97 on: October 29, 2010, 03:25:54 PM »

TOD:

I've got a bunch of DVDs I haven't watched yet.  I don't think I'll be able to finish all of them this weekend.

YOU DON'T KNOW JACK
REMEMBER ME
THE KILLER INSIDE ME
LETTERS TO JULIET
IN TREATMENT, Season 2

Also, I still have many episodes to watch on:

THE MENTALIST, Season 2
MEDIUM, Season 6

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #98 on: October 29, 2010, 03:26:04 PM »

Topic of the Day:

In my CD player:  the original Broadway cast recording of Sondheim on Sondheim, then a audio compilation CD of video clips of The Manhattan Transfer for a friend of mine.

In my DVD player:  Fosse from Netflix.

On my DVR:  the 1933 movie, "Anthony Adverse."  My niece asked if I could record this on TCM and make a DVD for her.  I can, so I am.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #99 on: October 29, 2010, 03:35:44 PM »

I heard this morning that Bran muffins are loaded with calories. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #100 on: October 29, 2010, 03:35:52 PM »

That is all

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #101 on: October 29, 2010, 03:44:54 PM »

Yep, bran muffins have more calories than some muffins that you'd think would be off the chart.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #102 on: October 29, 2010, 03:45:59 PM »

Had a turkey sandwich and onion rings and picked up no packages and decided to let the envelope that's there wait until tomorrow.  I think I'm going to have to pass on Barry's short film tomorrow - I've got a ton of bills to pay and I have to do that.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #103 on: October 29, 2010, 03:47:48 PM »

Our rehearsal is at five and I've got to get ready for it - having a short visit after which I'll shave and shower.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #104 on: October 29, 2010, 03:52:27 PM »

Topic of the Day:

In my CD player:  the original Broadway cast recording of Sondheim on Sondheim, then a audio compilation CD of video clips of The Manhattan Transfer for a friend of mine.

On my DVR:  the 1933 movie, "Anthony Adverse."  My niece asked if I could record this on TCM and make a DVD for her.  I can, so I am.

I
Had a turkey sandwich and onion rings and picked up no packages and decided to let the envelope that's there wait until tomorrow.  I think I'm going to have to pass on Barry's short film tomorrow - I've got a ton of bills to pay and I have to do that.

I thought Barry was on a ship.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #105 on: October 29, 2010, 03:55:20 PM »

Someone on Facebook posted the following photograph of me - what it is I have no idea, really, but for those who've read my short story Maddie, or the new book, I talk about the motorscooter accident that caused me a broken arm.  Well, from 1965, here's living proof:

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #106 on: October 29, 2010, 04:09:46 PM »

Welcome twenty-five GUESTS.  What is THAT about? 

Twenty-five guests?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #107 on: October 29, 2010, 04:20:11 PM »

I'm up and shall await the arrival of Miss Purl and Mr. Harrison.

Please tell Mr. Harrison the next time you see him; that if he ever decides to turn gay to please call me first.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #108 on: October 29, 2010, 04:23:05 PM »

I think what I object to is taking foods and trying to make them into something else. If you are vegan and opposed to eating pig, why would you create something that reminds you of bacon? Why make mayonnaise that has no eggs in it?

Exactly my argument.  If you want to eat all frruits and vegetables, then eat them; but don't turn them into faux turkey or sausage or bacon.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #109 on: October 29, 2010, 04:31:20 PM »

I am only interested in his voice, DR Elmore.

Or, at least, his throat!
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #110 on: October 29, 2010, 04:35:59 PM »

My wife had some minor surgery on her hand (trigger finger) this morning, and this is the first time I've had to sit down since we got home.

She's okay, sleeping now, but it did take awhile for her to come out of the anesthetic.

~~~Quick Recovery Vibes for DR Druxy's Wife!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #111 on: October 29, 2010, 04:37:43 PM »

We use whichever one has that Emerald Isle option, is that National?  That way you can pick your own car.

I don't know which that might be, but thanks. Any other DRs have any advice?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

« Reply #112 on: October 29, 2010, 04:39:02 PM »

Well, I think it's safe to announce that Mr Ron Raines is playing Ben Stone in FOLLIES; the contract came through today. I didn't want to jinx it by announcing it before things were in place.

Congrats to Ron Raines!!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #113 on: October 29, 2010, 04:41:04 PM »

Topic of the Day:

Your niece wanted a copy of ANTHONY ADVERSE!  Why?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #114 on: October 29, 2010, 04:42:12 PM »

On another note, I've got to rent a car in Ohio and I need to know the DRs' opinions on the best and least expensive rentals. I thought the car I rented two years ago was way too high for a week, but I can't remember which company I used!

I like Budget, but I rarely rent cars.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #115 on: October 29, 2010, 04:45:08 PM »

Someone on Facebook posted the following photograph of me - what it is I have no idea, really, but for those who've read my short story Maddie, or the new book, I talk about the motorscooter accident that caused me a broken arm.  Well, from 1965, here's living proof:

I am very glad that you did not use that photo for the book cover.  I much prefer the one with the missing limb.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #116 on: October 29, 2010, 04:46:30 PM »

Because if you previously ate those foods you still miss the taste.  I eat soy bacon & hot dogs occasionally when I can find the brands I like. 

I miss the taste of coffee, but decaf can't replicate the mouthfeel of fully caffeinated, so I drink something else. Likewise, carob tastes nothing like chocolate. Carob tastes more like dirt than anything else. And since I'm from Kentucky, I do know what dirt tastes like.

I have never known anyone who could tell the difference between decaf & regular except for the caffeine buz.  I tried carob & would rather do without.
Decaf is thinner, feels more like hot water than coffee.

I don't believe I have ever felt coffee.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #117 on: October 29, 2010, 04:47:38 PM »

Recovery vibes to Mrs. Druxy!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #118 on: October 29, 2010, 04:50:04 PM »

We are getting closer.

“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!