Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: SOUTH OF THE BORDER  (Read 13831 times)

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
Re: SOUTH OF THE BORDER
« Reply #150 on: April 27, 2012, 04:51:05 PM »

Another long day.  Work all day and our first paid audience for Annie tonight.  Thank goodness for Starbucks and diet coke. 

Nothing else to say as I need to get ready to head to the theatre.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #151 on: April 27, 2012, 04:51:40 PM »

Page 6 Annie dance.  Not to be confused with an Artie dance

KevinH

« Reply #152 on: April 27, 2012, 04:51:47 PM »

Good to see TCB!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #153 on: April 27, 2012, 04:52:26 PM »

When I worked in Beverly Hills there was, a long gone, art gallery I would stop in to browse.  One day I mentioned to the owner how much I loved going in there and how his art work reminded me of my grandfather's house.  My grandfather was an art dealer & had paintings everywhere.  Since his collection was constantly changing I never went to his house without looking to see what he had.

The owner of the gallery looked at me and sighed.  He said he wished his children appreciated the artwork as I did since he knew they would sell everything once he was gone, unless he sold it first.

Danise

« Reply #154 on: April 27, 2012, 05:06:12 PM »

Sad news to report. My friend Peggy died last night. She was not in pain, from what I understand, and she knew that her family was with her.

I remember BK's rant a while back about cancer and just have to second that anger and that complete incomprehension at the randomness and illogical and ugliness of it all.
  My most deepest condolences on the loss of your friend.  At least she had the comfort of her family around her.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #155 on: April 27, 2012, 05:16:57 PM »

Nice to see DR TCB posting!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #156 on: April 27, 2012, 05:19:30 PM »

Just had a fire truck pull up to the people across the streets house.  I hope everything is ok.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jennifer

« Reply #157 on: April 27, 2012, 05:37:19 PM »

Before my mother died she sat on her bed with me and took out her jewelry.  She didn't ask me what I wanted, only went through it all saying she needed to decide who would get what.  Of course a caring daughter would not say what she wanted at a time like that.  Later I told my sister and she said how grateful my mother hadn't done that with her. 

My mother never labeled anything and my sister & I calmly and fairly sorted everything out.  This is the same sister who locked me out of my father's place and moved what she wanted to her condo & even her daughter doesn't know what she did with the rest of it.  After my sister died basically left at my father's was junk.  I found a few things we wanted, mostly photos & papers.  What I did get I had to take off of my sister's walls & I took less than I wanted.  Recently I found out her daughter sold just about all of the paintings, including most of the artwork my sister had done.  I was shocked.

When one of my grandmother's died she specifically left one lamp to my sister. For the life of me I could not figure out why she did this. Because i always loved that lamp. And my sister I don't think ever cared for it. Every time I go to my sister's basement I see that lamp.

Jane

« Reply #158 on: April 27, 2012, 05:47:07 PM »

Before my mother died she sat on her bed with me and took out her jewelry.  She didn't ask me what I wanted, only went through it all saying she needed to decide who would get what.  Of course a caring daughter would not say what she wanted at a time like that.  Later I told my sister and she said how grateful my mother hadn't done that with her. 

My mother never labeled anything and my sister & I calmly and fairly sorted everything out.  This is the same sister who locked me out of my father's place and moved what she wanted to her condo & even her daughter doesn't know what she did with the rest of it.  After my sister died basically left at my father's was junk.  I found a few things we wanted, mostly photos & papers.  What I did get I had to take off of my sister's walls & I took less than I wanted.  Recently I found out her daughter sold just about all of the paintings, including most of the artwork my sister had done.  I was shocked.

When one of my grandmother's died she specifically left one lamp to my sister. For the life of me I could not figure out why she did this. Because i always loved that lamp. And my sister I don't think ever cared for it. Every time I go to my sister's basement I see that lamp.

Your grandmother might have been confused when she left the lamp to your sister.  Have you ever asked her for it?  Did your grandmother leave you something you can trade it for?  If your sister doesn't want to give you the lamp maybe she will lend it to you.

Jane

« Reply #159 on: April 27, 2012, 05:59:36 PM »

Last night we finished season 2 of Downton Abbey.  I attempted to see when season 3 would be available and couldn't find anything that didn't include spoiler's.  You know I really don't want to know ANYTHING about what will happen. :)

Does anyone know? 

Jane

« Reply #160 on: April 27, 2012, 06:00:15 PM »

Just had a fire truck pull up to the people across the streets house.  I hope everything is ok.

Is everything ok?

Jane

« Reply #161 on: April 27, 2012, 06:05:38 PM »

I have a facebook friend who puts too much "junk" up.  Mostly her take on life & political opinions & things she thinks are cute, pretty or inspiring.  When I say too much, I just counted 15 so far today.  I don't mind a few but 15!

Jane

« Reply #162 on: April 27, 2012, 06:07:06 PM »

Bruce since you are a mutual friend I know you are getting all of her crap as well.  ;D

I spent my time counting them all to see if I was over reacting.

Ginny

« Reply #163 on: April 27, 2012, 06:24:14 PM »

After putting more than 400 miles on my car in about 36 hours I'm really tired - 'night!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #164 on: April 27, 2012, 06:27:54 PM »

I don't really look at that stuff on Facebook even though it appears on the feed page.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #165 on: April 27, 2012, 06:28:20 PM »

Back from a turkey sandwich and no fries.  I shall now hunker down and watch a motion picture or two on Blu and Ray.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #166 on: April 27, 2012, 06:31:01 PM »

May I just say for no particular reason that I HATE Wikipedia.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #167 on: April 27, 2012, 06:31:12 PM »

Refuge of the snarky.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

KevinH

« Reply #168 on: April 27, 2012, 06:32:41 PM »

Speaking of Ms. Streisand (well, TCB was a few pages back) I'm seeing her sister tomorrow at the Brooklyn Center for the Performing Arts.  Will I run into any forum members, I wonder?

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #169 on: April 27, 2012, 06:34:34 PM »

Topic of the Day:

In my CD player right now:  "By Side By Side By Side By Side By Sondheim."  I just finished listening to "The Perfect Year: The Music of Andrew Lloyd Webber."  Next (not until Monday, though) will be "Blame It on Bacharach."
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #170 on: April 27, 2012, 06:35:18 PM »

Sad news to report. My friend Peggy died last night. She was not in pain, from what I understand, and she knew that her family was with her.

I remember BK's rant a while back about cancer and just have to second that anger and that complete incomprehension at the randomness and illogical and ugliness of it all.

My condolences to you and her family, John G. 
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #171 on: April 27, 2012, 06:35:39 PM »

Sorry to hear the recording has been canceled.

Ditto. :-\

Jane

« Reply #172 on: April 27, 2012, 06:39:16 PM »

I don't really look at that stuff on Facebook even though it appears on the feed page.

You also miss important news from people by not looking.  I get it though, you have too many friends ;)

Jane

« Reply #173 on: April 27, 2012, 06:39:43 PM »

Back from a turkey sandwich and no fries.  I shall now hunker down and watch a motion picture or two on Blu and Ray.

No fries!  I'm so proud of you!

Jane

« Reply #174 on: April 27, 2012, 06:40:14 PM »

May I just say for no particular reason that I HATE Wikipedia.  :)

I use it because it is quick & convenient but I get it.

Jane

« Reply #175 on: April 27, 2012, 06:40:55 PM »

Speaking of Ms. Streisand (well, TCB was a few pages back) I'm seeing her sister tomorrow at the Brooklyn Center for the Performing Arts.  Will I run into any forum members, I wonder?

If so please be sure to share news with us.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #176 on: April 27, 2012, 06:42:50 PM »

Topic of the Day:

In my CD player right now:  "By Side By Side By Side By Side By Sondheim."  I just finished listening to "The Perfect Year: The Music of Andrew Lloyd Webber."  Next (not until Monday, though) will be "Blame It on Bacharach."

I'm really enjoying Kevin Earley's version of "Marry Me a Little" on the Sondheim album.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #177 on: April 27, 2012, 06:57:57 PM »

'night

George

« Reply #178 on: April 27, 2012, 07:29:51 PM »

Topic of the Day:

I'm really enjoying Kevin Earley's version of "Marry Me a Little" on the Sondheim album.

I just finished disc 1.  I'll have to listen to that...later.

George

« Reply #179 on: April 27, 2012, 07:30:01 PM »

I did discover that Chipotle is pronounced Chip-Oh-Tel and not Chi-Pottle.
You might have a hard time in sections of San Antonio.  ;D

That said, I like the salad versions of what they do. Their tortillas are a big drawback.

I was in a San Diego coffee shop some 19 years ago, and it was a place I regularly visited after the workday was over on USS Kitty Hawk (my "home", as it were). 

One day, they had a fine-looking selection of croissants.  I ordered my coffee and told the young lady I also wanted a "croissant".  I pronounced it the French way (kwah-'sant).

She looked at me oddly, and asked me to say it again.  She then asked me to point to what I wanted.  "Oh," she exclaimed, "you want a cross'-unt!"

Did you ask for a Margarita with Te-KWEE-lah?  (as pronounced by the inspector's wife in Hitchcock's Frenzy)

This reminds me of the episode of "WKRP in Cincinnati" where Les Nessman kept pronouncing Chi Chi Rodriguez as "Chy Chy ROD-ri-GWEZ." :D
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up