Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: LUXURIATING  (Read 24801 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:LUXURIATING
« Reply #240 on: May 26, 2006, 10:53:48 PM »

And here's the "Unsung Irving Berlin" CD:
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #241 on: May 26, 2006, 10:58:59 PM »

So, here you can compare the two Sondheim CD covers:

and from amazon.com:
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Maria

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #242 on: May 26, 2006, 11:00:32 PM »

I've just been to a horrid little place called myspace.com, which is like a kiddieland version of this here site, only populated by some of the biggest idiots I've ever seen.  

Some "idiots" -- some not. Aside from TPunk, there are some other not so idiotic people on the site (like my DD and some of her very bright friends). Like most things of this type, there's good and bad involved.

George

« Reply #243 on: May 26, 2006, 11:00:56 PM »

About the changing of the Sondheim CD cover art: :P I say.  Why change a perfectly good thing?  I wonder if it has a different "art director" credited?? ;)

« Last Edit: May 26, 2006, 11:01:53 PM by George »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #244 on: May 26, 2006, 11:04:07 PM »

Well, let me put it to you this way - the ones I saw were idiotic.  I mean, where do these people find the time - what with texting each other every two seconds, IMing each other every two seconds, calling each other every two seconds, going out and getting wasted - and now this.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #245 on: May 26, 2006, 11:07:24 PM »

some blog sites are just as wide ranging from brilliant to stupid... I think that goes for a lot of personalized type sites... this site is a creme de la creme.

I have been on some really good myspace and blog sites. Another that is a mixed bag is livejournal.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #246 on: May 26, 2006, 11:08:10 PM »

George, they both sound interesting...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #247 on: May 26, 2006, 11:09:38 PM »

I do have so say some my scariest experiences on are various message boards of some actors/actresses. Some are moderated well and people are treated with respect and others I have feared for my well being. I have been on some fanboards for different shows and genre that absolutely scare me.

George

« Reply #248 on: May 26, 2006, 11:10:45 PM »

About myspace.com... :P I say (yet, again ;)).  Most of them are so "busy" visually, that you really can't focus on anything.  And they have sounds imbedded into the pages, which makes them take a LONG time to load (even with my cable Internet access).

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #249 on: May 26, 2006, 11:11:03 PM »

I have been on a few REALLY vicious soapboards....

Maria

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #250 on: May 26, 2006, 11:11:24 PM »

I mean, where do these people find the time - what with texting each other every two seconds, IMing each other every two seconds, calling each other every two seconds, going out and getting wasted - and now this.

Multi-tasking.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #251 on: May 26, 2006, 11:11:58 PM »

About myspace.com... :P I say (yet, again ;)).  Most of them are so "busy" visually, that you really can't focus on anything.  And they have sounds imbedded into the pages, which makes them take a LONG time to load (even with my cable Internet access).

I dont even attempt some of them with dailup

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #252 on: May 26, 2006, 11:13:04 PM »

Multi-tasking.

Yep and there are some who cant do it well.. It is amazing to watch kids, yaking on their cell phone and walk straignt into a wall or door.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #253 on: May 26, 2006, 11:17:27 PM »

I actually enjoy reading and posting here. Everyone here is bright and intelligent and downright lovable... Great personalities....

George

« Reply #254 on: May 26, 2006, 11:27:52 PM »

I taped it for Charlotte when it was on the Disney Channel.  The villains are campy and funny (is that brother remotely straght?), Alyson Reed is the most pretentious teacher, with a few others I can think of, to be in a drama program, and the leading man seems too short for basketball and too light to take seriously.  Beyond that, Mrs Lincoln, how was the play?

Okay, I have a question about the movie, "High School Musical."  I know that the brother and sister are the "stars" of the school and they really, really, really (that's three reallys) want to be the leads of this new musical that one of their fellow students is writing.  HOWEVER, the lead characters of the musical (within the movie) are romantic leads and the songs that the other couple have been learning (that are from the musical that they are going to perform) are very romantic lovey-dovey ballads.  NOW, why would the brother and sister want to play these romantic leads?  Is there some kind of incestuous subtext going on? :o And if the brother and the sister need (for plot purposes) to be auditioning rivals for the other couple, why would the authors of the movie have the musical (within the movie) be that romantic a story??

That's all I could think about as I was watching this.  Just curious.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up