Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: THE TOWER-ING INFERNO  (Read 27884 times)

FJL

Re:THE TOWER-ING INFERNO
« Reply #150 on: October 12, 2006, 12:30:36 PM »

And one for Mantee (or Mandy)

FJL

« Reply #151 on: October 12, 2006, 12:31:26 PM »

Edisaurus - I was referring to the Mantee mentioned above by MBarnum, with the huge hands.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #152 on: October 12, 2006, 12:34:21 PM »

Didn't you say you had Comcast Digital? We do, and they offer a DVR for an additional less than $10/month (actually you get a replacement cable box with the DVR included within - and one common remote. The DVR lets you record one show while you watch another, and schedule shows for recording when you're away.
der Brucer

Right...but I should be able to do that with my VCR/DVR so it irritates me to pay an extra fee per month for something I should be able to do for free. Their cable box does not support HDMI or whatever it takes to do this, even though our TV is set up for that, so it's almost like they force you to get the DVR box. Which I will probably do, it's just the principle. Kind of like when iTunes makes you upgrade your OS to be able to use it. Argh. Thanks, tho!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #153 on: October 12, 2006, 12:36:09 PM »

I still have a sizable collection of Creepys & Eeries, as well as Vampirellas.

I envy you! I wonder if they've ever published some sort of anthology of those stories. Maybe they're not as great as I remember, either. I just was fascinated by them as a child!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

FJL

« Reply #154 on: October 12, 2006, 12:37:26 PM »

The great #1 country song:  HOW DO SPELL JEALOUSY? I-N-V-U!

Ben

« Reply #155 on: October 12, 2006, 12:38:19 PM »

It's only the lyrics but here is a link to a page w/the lyrics to

Everything Stops for Tea

FJL

« Reply #156 on: October 12, 2006, 12:42:56 PM »

CHRYSANTHEMUM TEASE - the well-known stripper whose act is 100% Sondheim

Edisaurus

« Reply #157 on: October 12, 2006, 12:46:19 PM »

I just got an email from Caiman, within a matter of hours...we'll see what happens!

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #158 on: October 12, 2006, 12:48:53 PM »

Oddly enough, when I moved to California, I discovered another Bert Smith's Acres of Books in Long Beach.  It was the same Bert Smith from Cincinnati.  He had apparently moved to Long Beach at some point and had sold the book store in Cincy, which retained the name.  The store in Long Beach was also great and, as far as I know, still there.

Still there:

ACRES OF BOOKS is still threatened by redevelopement and gets regularly hassled by the disabled demanding wheel chair access thru-out and reachable sheving!

der Brucer

We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

MBarnum

« Reply #159 on: October 12, 2006, 12:50:00 PM »

Paul Mantee (the one with the monkey on his back)...he is still performing!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #160 on: October 12, 2006, 12:54:51 PM »

Awaiting Cissy Wechter, who I think is just pulling up.  I've got to have this phoner go as quickly as possible - I want to be out of here by one-thirty, because I have to go to my mail place, the bank, and then be at LACC by two-thirty.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #161 on: October 12, 2006, 01:03:14 PM »

I agree that Mandy is overindulgent. (His voice drives dear Greg up the wall!) But I like his choice of songs and until I found this site, I didn't know of too many alternatives for new releases like this. I do like Mandy's keyboard player on "Handful of Keys", whoever he is.

Probably my friend Paul Ford.  He's excellent!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #162 on: October 12, 2006, 01:04:33 PM »

Have done some writing but not sure if I would want to publish or not... Bit of a scaredy cat...

Been re-watching OLTL storyline of Music Box Killer. Matt played the psycho Stephen Haver who was a professor of human sexuality and went around murdering women.

One of my favorite lines "Sorry Rae, I still hate the Bitch!"

Matt did an incredible job.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #163 on: October 12, 2006, 01:06:38 PM »

Matt did an incredible job.

He's a god, I tell ya, just a god!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #164 on: October 12, 2006, 01:10:09 PM »

HE needs to come on this board!!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #165 on: October 12, 2006, 01:11:31 PM »

IMHO, he fit the role of Michael in Deceit -- PERFECTLY!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #166 on: October 12, 2006, 01:12:54 PM »

Still there:

ACRES OF BOOKS is still threatened by redevelopement and gets regularly hassled by the disabled demanding wheel chair access thru-out and reachable sheving!

der Brucer

There was a bookstore in Boston that had that same appearance and the name at the moment escapes me. What a treasure trove of literary goodies!!

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #167 on: October 12, 2006, 01:45:34 PM »

Just got back from a wonderful afternoon with Tom and Colin at both Everyday Music and Powell's City of Books, where they managed to not give in to temptation.  :)  I, sadly, gave in bigtime.  ;)

They are now happily ensconced in the first class lounge of Portland's Union Station awaiting their 2-ish departure.  They are wonderful people and it was really a pleasure to spend a few days with them.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #168 on: October 12, 2006, 01:47:58 PM »

Still there:

der Brucer

How ridiculous!  Narrow aisles and towering shelves that can only be reached by ladder are what great old bookstores are about.   What do the disabled expect the bookstore to do?  Moved to a bigger facility that would cost more in rent (to say nothing of the move) just to accommodate them?  Either that or cut half their stock.

Edisaurus

« Reply #169 on: October 12, 2006, 01:57:28 PM »

Probably my friend Paul Ford.  He's excellent!

Could be...he played on that album. Tom Fay is also listed , If I can ever find my CD I would know. But I listen to that song just *for* the piano. He's amazing!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #170 on: October 12, 2006, 01:58:57 PM »

I saw the Ann Coulter lies book at Barnes and Nobel on Tuesday. It's already out

The library where I work is going to order it.  I've already placed my hold on the title. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #171 on: October 12, 2006, 02:02:27 PM »

Customs may have thought Tom and Colin were CD entrepreneurs when they arrived in the states. They passed out many CDs to many people.

I was given a set of wonderful CDs, also!  Sadly, I haven't had much time to listen to them, but they're here at work so that I don't misplace them when I start to move.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #172 on: October 12, 2006, 02:06:20 PM »

So, what is the next stop for The Boys From Down Under And Their Mighty Adventure?

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #173 on: October 12, 2006, 02:08:42 PM »

Thanks for the pics, DR MBarnum. Really enjoyed them. Glad to see our Aussie DRs are seemingly doing very well.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #174 on: October 12, 2006, 02:11:40 PM »

Since lunch out with friend John came earlier than usual, I had time to get through several video things .

I began finishing the GREY'S ANATOMY episode from Season 1 that I started last night - the one with the bicycle rider injured in a crash and George finding a liver transplant patient for an ill gay men (who was making passes at him). Excellent episode.

Edisaurus

« Reply #175 on: October 12, 2006, 02:12:33 PM »

It's only the lyrics but here is a link to a page w/the lyrics to
Everything Stops for Tea

Thanks so much DR Ben for posting that. I know the lyrics by heart, but LJB's album credits the song to a production called "Come Into The Kitchen". Thanks to you, now I know it really was "Come Out Of The Pantry". (Originally the story came from a silent film called "Come Out of the Kitchen"!) You'd think he would have gotten it right, since he Came Out Of The Closet early on. He was one of the most versatile singers ever. Too bad he's no longer with us.

Now, will I ever be able to find "Come Out Of The Pantry"? It has Faye Wray and Jack Buchanan so it's not like it's a bunch of nobodies.

Matt H.

« Reply #176 on: October 12, 2006, 02:13:06 PM »

CSI: NY had one of its grisliest-ever episodes with a serial killer using Greek mythology to identify his victims. Beheadings and spikes through eyes were part of the "fun." Very unpleasant episode to watch, though I did enjoy all the reference to Greek myths.

Matt H.

« Reply #177 on: October 12, 2006, 02:14:03 PM »

So, I've saved PROJECT RUNWAY for tonight's viewing prior to prime time.

George

« Reply #178 on: October 12, 2006, 02:14:05 PM »

Didn't you say you had Comcast Digital? We do, and they offer a DVR for an additional less than $10/month (actually you get a replacement cable box with the DVR included within - and one common remote. The DVR lets you record one show while you watch another, and schedule shows for recording when you're away.

der Brucer

I was told by the Comcast guy that installed my cable that I could get a DVR with TWO tuners, meaning I could record TWO different programs while watching a third!  I'm seriously thinking about that...it's only $5 more!

Matt H.

« Reply #179 on: October 12, 2006, 02:15:09 PM »

I was told by the Comcast guy that installed my cable that I could get a DVR with TWO tuners, meaning I could record TWO different programs while watching a third!  I'm seriously thinking about that...it's only $5 more!

I have Time Warner's version of that, it for someone like me who watches a great many shows and films, it's a godsend.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up