Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26   Go Down

Author Topic: THE GOLD OF GOLDSMITH  (Read 32540 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
THE GOLD OF GOLDSMITH
« on: June 12, 2011, 01:56:05 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes had nuggets of Goldsmith, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're currently listening to Goldsmith's score to MOOgic.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: THE GOLD OF GOLDSMITH
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 01:58:35 AM »

And the word of the day is: SEJUNCT!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 01:59:54 AM »

Welcome eleven GUESTS!

Ben

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2011, 04:56:48 AM »

Morning all.

That is all.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2011, 05:57:12 AM »

Good morning, all! The laundry is in the washers for another 15 minutes.

Last night I had a weird dream involving a train ride, an armload of heavy vocal scores, and an obnoxious yung lady who took my seat while I was up and onto whom I deliberately dropped the armload of scores. Then i was at Steinway Hall - or something like Steinway - listening to vocalists audition with one of Rodney Gilfry's children, and  I was asking about Carin's car accident (I believe our DR Jose put in a guest appearance in this dream). Then the obnoxious young lady on the train shoqwed up to audition and she was another Gilfry sibling I did not know. we exchanged words, and then I was talking to Rod Gilfry, who's back from SWEENEY TODD in Paris, and Ron Raines.

I need to send Rodney an email: he's most likely in Cooperstown, where he's playing Frank Butler in ANNIE GET YOUR GUN with Deborah Voigt as Annie, which seems frightening, but I kow she's been making directions into cabaret performance and I know that Rodney is quite fond of her.

Today: finish laundry, mop and vacuum, and put away things that have accumulated since the middle of May.

DR Jose, I sent Greg Jarrett an email about house seats for DEATH TAKES A HOLIDAY; if I don't hear from him, I'll try Ms Luker or Don Stephenson. Oh, my friend Simon Jones is in it, too!

Yes, I too, had six empty messages from DR Michael Shayne on Facebook this morning, so I too believe he's been hacked. I got it on Twitter, to which I never tweet. There are 27 posts from someone claiming to be me, all badly spelled, all grammatical disasters, and I'm wondering if Lady Macbeth is my hacker.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jennifer

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2011, 06:06:58 AM »

DR Jose, I hope you got to see the Tony rehearsals. I am so jealous!

Re: your question from yesterday about most slides being steep.

Well not that i go down many, but most slides have little steps that you walk up in a straight line. These bouncy steps were little steps on bouncy material. And they were at an angle. It was quite hard to get up. And I figure it must have been a little bit hard for kids since my niece could not get up the top by herself. Yes she's only two. But it obviously got much steeper at the top because she couldn't do it.

She called last night and I asked her if she told her daddy about the slide we went on.  So she must have turned to him cause I hear, "daddy ... slide ... auntie".  That was her rendition of the day!:)

Btw it is so sweet to hear her finally say auntie.  She just started saying it on Friday. For almost a year she's been calling me nana. She made up that name herself. And then all of a sudden on Friday she saw me coming up her lawn. And she screamed out "auntie". Since everyone was oohing and aahing over it now she can't stop saying it.

Jennifer

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2011, 06:08:03 AM »

And my 5 year old niece finally put a new musical in her cd player. Pinkalicious the musical. She loves the books and I found the cd for her at the library.

She called this morning to say that she was so tired because she had to stay up listening to the whole cd.

Although apparently after it was over she put in Annie to fall asleep to. :)

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2011, 06:16:26 AM »

And the word of the day is: SEJUNCT!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  SEPARATE TABLES

FJL

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2011, 06:22:57 AM »

I am Westport, Connecticut bound.  Not sure if we'll make it back in time to watch the Tonys, but it seems that it'll all wind up on the net anyway if I miss any of it.

Michael

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2011, 06:42:53 AM »

good morning to all
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2011, 06:46:11 AM »

It's not that I bash the Tony Awards bash, it's that I will not be home to watch the broadcast.

But isn't the Tony's taped delayed to the west coast? won't it difficult to talk about who the winners are? Spoilers
Never stop dreaming.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2011, 06:48:42 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And the strains of "Tomorrow" and "You're Never Fully Dressed Without A Smile" and "It's A Hard Knock Life" started wafting up from the sidewalk around 7:45am...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2011, 06:49:59 AM »

DR Jose, I sent Greg Jarrett an email about house seats for DEATH TAKES A HOLIDAY; if I don't hear from him, I'll try Ms Luker or Don Stephenson. Oh, my friend Simon Jones is in it, too!

DR elmore - I think you may be able to score comps, at least if you request them for sometime in the next two weeks. -They actually have quite a long preview period - the opening is now July 21.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2011, 06:51:38 AM »

DR Jose, I hope you got to see the Tony rehearsals. I am so jealous!

Re: your question from yesterday about most slides being steep.

DR Jennifer - Alas, no Tony Awards rehearsal for me this morning. Instead, well... Stay tuned...

As for the steps, I know what your talking about. I actually think they're meant for children of a certain height to use as a "ladder" instead of just like actual stairs.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2011, 06:54:15 AM »

I need to send Rodney an email: he's most likely in Cooperstown, where he's playing Frank Butler in ANNIE GET YOUR GUN with Deborah Voigt as Annie, which seems frightening, but I kow she's been making directions into cabaret performance and I know that Rodney is quite fond of her.

Debbie Voigt just finished up a series of "Ewartung" concerts with New York Philharmonic last night. From the reviews, it sounds like she did quite a good job, but... -And I'm not sure her own tweets about "pick a note, any note" were the best self-publicity for her. However, I think she's going to be fine in Annie Get Your Gun and after her end of season performances in Die Walküre and the Schoenberg, I'm sure she'll enjoy the change of pace.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2011, 07:00:20 AM »

So...

In short...

When I stepped outside to see how long the line was for the open call for Annie, it started at 87th & 3rd Avenue... Then it went down 3rd Avenue... Then around to 86th Street... Down to 2nd Avenue...

By the time I finished walking back from Glaser's Bake Shop - I needed a danish ;) - the line was already back up 2nd Avenue... And back up 87th Street... Totally around the block...

Then when I got back from getting my coffee... The end of the line had met the beginning of the line... And then they started doubling it back along the north side of 87th Street.

Needless to say, there are a lot of flustered doormen and residents trying to navigate the sidewalks this morning.

However, everyone seems to be in good spirits. It's cool out, and it's not raining.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2011, 07:02:32 AM »

To check out my tweets (so far) from this morning as well as some pics, just...

CLICK HERE

*To see the pics, just click on the TwitPic links at the end of each Tweet.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 07:39:52 AM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2011, 07:04:00 AM »

Yes, I too, had six empty messages from DR Michael Shayne on Facebook this morning, so I too believe he's been hacked. I got it on Twitter, to which I never tweet. There are 27 posts from someone claiming to be me, all badly spelled, all grammatical disasters, and I'm wondering if Lady Macbeth is my hacker.

WAIT?!??! HOLD THE PHONE!?!?!? You're on Twitter, DR elmore?!?!?

::)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2011, 07:06:18 AM »

bk - Sounds like you had a lovely time in San Pedro last night. -And, in "small world" news, a friend of mine who lives in San Pedro was at the concert last night too.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2011, 07:06:50 AM »

DR FJL - Have a good time in Westport!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2011, 07:07:35 AM »

It's not that I bash the Tony Awards bash, it's that I will not be home to watch the broadcast.

But isn't the Tony's taped delayed to the west coast? won't it difficult to talk about who the winners are? Spoilers

I was about to ask the same thing - RE: Spoilers.

Maybe we should put it to a vote? ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Laura

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2011, 07:18:17 AM »

I won't be watching, so I need no spoiler notice.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2011, 07:18:45 AM »

"Michael Shayne" also sent me a bunch of nonsense wall posts.  I think what's going on is you FB regulars are opening links on *your* wall posts which allow those apps to access your friend lists, and then the whole thing just ripples out.  Perhaps this started with the posts from "Danise."
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2011, 07:22:36 AM »

And in other Tony Awards related-news...

I want to send out special ~~~~~ENDURANCE VIBES~~~~~ to Jill Paice. She had Tony rehearsals on Thursday and Friday (she's in the Company segment), plus rehearsals for Death Takes A Holiday, then first preview Friday night, two shows yesterday, then Tony Awards dress rehearsal this morning till 1:00pm, then a matinee at 2:00, then the actual Tony Awards ceremony tonight.

WHEW!!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2011, 07:23:45 AM »

"Michael Shayne" also sent me a bunch of nonsense wall posts.  I think what's going on is you FB regulars are opening links on *your* wall posts which allow those apps to access your friend lists, and then the whole thing just ripples out.  Perhaps this started with the posts from "Danise."

There are a bunch of new "spam worms" on Facebook right now. Thankfully, according to the "literature", they're all just annoying and not harmful.
Make Your Own Luck.

JMK

« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2011, 07:27:42 AM »

Oh, BK, I'll bet you I have a Jerry Goldsmith score you've never heard.  And it's wonderful.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

FJL

« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2011, 07:28:41 AM »

Jose - Has the Tony rehearsal started already?  (had you been able to go)

JMK

« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2011, 07:29:24 AM »

I still have an original sheet music copy of A Patch of Blue, which was one of the first songs I actually *wanted* to learn when I was a tot learning piano.  :)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2011, 07:31:47 AM »

Jose - Has the Tony rehearsal started already?  (had you been able to go)

Yep. Doors opened at 9:30, started at 10:00, I believe.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2011, 07:36:09 AM »

This isn't my pic... But it could've been... ;)
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26   Go Up