Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: NUDIE ADVENTURE  (Read 12666 times)

Jennifer

Re: NUDIE ADVENTURE
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2011, 07:08:52 AM »

BK wrote:
And there's a production in Winnipeg opening in two weeks.  Will Jennifer go to either?  You can find both productions on Facebook

Ha, you do that getting to Winnipeg would be like you going to NYC! :)

I looked up the French show. It seems to be at some small school that I've never heard of. Would like to go. But it's not nearby.

Kerry

« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2011, 07:10:30 AM »

A good day looms for us all.  Yippee (i'm trying to ease into the day)!
I like boat races.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2011, 07:12:07 AM »

Simvastatin is the generic for Zocor, IIRC.  It's cheap (my 90 day prescription is $4).

I've tried everything, Ben, plus I'm a vegetarian and so eat no red meat, a major cholesterol contributor.  I still do fish oil and oatmeal, but other things I've done are Guggul, Red Yeast Rice (which did help a little), plant sterols, etc., etc.  My doctor long ago determined I had no dietary reasons for having such high cholesterol, so he absolved me from guilt on that regard.  I later found out both of my sisters have been on Simvastatin for years.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Laura

« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2011, 07:13:59 AM »

I also have genetic cholesterol. It took a few years before my meds made a difference. I try to eat oatmeal, but it is too hot now.

I am not complaining about the heat, by the way. That was merely an observation.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2011, 07:14:24 AM »

Ben, I thought you had a good cholesterol report a while back.

Ginny

« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2011, 07:22:10 AM »

Thursday morning greetings!  Fr. Richard is on his way to Lima to minister to one of our parishioners who's having a heart cath today.  I'm going to take a cardio walk and putter around the house.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2011, 07:22:55 AM »

...Lovely pictures from DR GINNY yesterday!

Thank you, DR JRand!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2011, 07:24:17 AM »

I'll ask my doctor about Simvastatin. Right now I'm taking fish oil, which is technically a blood thinner and I bruise easily, like DR Ginny. About two weeks ago I had a black eye and people kept asking what happened. I still don't know. I must have rubbed my eye too roughly in the middle of the night because I went to bed without a black eye and I woke up with one!

DR Ben, I am also on Simvastatin. One tablet a night. Works wonders.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2011, 07:24:48 AM »

TOD - I have pretty much eliminated late-night snacking, but if I absolutely HAVE to have something it's usually unsalted roasted almonds or dried cherries or both mixed together.

FJL

« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2011, 07:29:14 AM »

Vibes to Ben! Hope all is well.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2011, 07:42:00 AM »

The beautiful gorgeos Rebecca Luker just offered me comps to DEATH TAKES A HOLIDAY! It's a plethora, I tell you.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2011, 07:45:29 AM »

DR MBarnum, famous American writer Mark Twain, one of my most intimate friends, has asked me to contact you about going on a date. Can you meet him on the Fourth in Joplin, MO?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2011, 07:53:42 AM »

I also have genetic cholesterol. It took a few years before my meds made a difference. I try to eat oatmeal, but it is too hot now.

I am not complaining about the heat, by the way. That was merely an observation.

I've read that if you blow on it, the oatmeal will cool.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ben

« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2011, 07:57:55 AM »

Ben, I thought you had a good cholesterol report a while back.

There was a better report a while ago but I've slipped and the last test was borderline bad and my doctor said I had to be more conscientious and I agree. I don't exercise as often as I should and I cheat on my diet. I have pretty much given up eating known cheese but when I'm out I don't pay that much attention (not that cheese is the only culprit). Like you and JMK I have genetic high cholesterol. I have to be better about this. The last thing I need is a heart attack!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 08:21:33 AM by Ben »

JMK

« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2011, 08:04:59 AM »

I actually cut out all (or virtually all) "real" dairy over the past 5 years in an attempt to bring down my cholesterol, and nothing worked.  That was one of the first clues that mine was not dietarily related.  In fact, since going on Simvastatin one of my great joys has been having "real" cheese again, after years of soy and almond cheeses.  (As I've posted, the almond cheese isn't half bad).

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Laura

« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2011, 08:06:41 AM »

I can't give up dairy. My bones need it.

Laura

« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2011, 08:07:04 AM »

Of course, we would all do better if we craved oatmeal as a late-night snack, wouldn't we?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2011, 08:09:48 AM »

I'm up.  If my little iPad alarm hadn't gone off I think I would have slept until noon.

MBarnum

« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2011, 08:27:33 AM »

Healthy vibes for our DR Ben!

MBarnum

« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2011, 08:30:53 AM »

My bedtime snack is the low fat, high fiber, high protein cereal by Kashi called GO LEAN. It is quite tasty.

MBarnum

« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2011, 08:33:51 AM »

And I am very sad to report that my interviewee Edith Fellows, former child actress star of one of BK's favorite films, PENNIES FROM HEAVEN, passed away on Sunday at age 88 at the Motion Picture Country Home where she has lived for the last 10 years of so.

She was a real sweetheart!

JMK

« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2011, 09:25:02 AM »

I find it rather unsettling that so many people seem to die after having been interviewed by MBarnum.  Perhaps Adriana Hofstetter should look into this.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2011, 09:29:48 AM »

Bonjour!

I am in Montreal and will be here until Sunday.

I would like to share this with all you wonderful people on HHW

DANCE TRAIN STATION BELGIUM do-re-mi The Sound of Music - Julie Andrews

http://youtu.be/WkBepgH00GM

This is so amazing!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2011, 09:48:51 AM »

I'm feeling decidedly un-hip because I'm on old-fashioned Lipitor (though my cholesterol numbers are the envy of all.)
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2011, 09:49:46 AM »

Vibes to Ben! Hope all is well.

For a brief moment, I read that as Vibes to Bob Hope!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Laura

« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2011, 09:56:48 AM »

I am unhip, too, Dan (the Man). It has nothing to do with cholesterol meds, though.

JMK

« Reply #56 on: June 30, 2011, 09:57:48 AM »

I was once given two lemons from the lemon tree of Bob and Dolores Hope by none other than General William Westmoreland, who with his wife Kitzi (yes, Kitzi) was in SLC visiting my parents.  You can't make this stuff up, folks.

JMK

« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2011, 09:59:22 AM »

The fact that I met General William Westmoreland and his wife Kitzi (yes, Kitzi) and all I got was two lousy lemons is the cause of some chagrin on my part.

Actually I met Gen. Westmoreland (with and without Kitzi) several times as he and my Dad were quite close.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2011, 10:11:22 AM »

I find it rather unsettling that so many people seem to die after having been interviewed by MBarnum.  Perhaps Adriana Hofstetter should look into this.

I can solve this one easily: they died of boredom!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2011, 10:21:04 AM »

I have my chauffeur, Craig, lined up for the day.  I need to go to the post office, library, PT & the orthopedist.  After he drops me off at PT he will have a break until I'm done withe my doctor appointment.  I should have plenty of time to walk from one office to the other.  If I'm out early I might even have time to loop through the park but I doubt it.  Craig will have over two hours to enjoy a nice hike with Yogi on this beautiful day.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up