Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down

Author Topic: THAT'S FRENCH, YOU KNOW  (Read 12192 times)

MBarnum

Re: THAT'S FRENCH, YOU KNOW
« Reply #270 on: July 02, 2011, 10:41:28 PM »

I just returned a short while ago from my 75 year old Indian lady friend's house.

She made a very nice Indian dinner and even had on a lovely sari!

She has a lot of Indian statuary in her house...various Hindu gods and whatnot...and she told me that when some Jehovah's Witnesses came to her home recently they told her she would be going to hell (they thought she was Hindu....actually she is not, she is an athiest). She told them that was Ok by her, it would be more fun there anyhow.

MBarnum

« Reply #271 on: July 02, 2011, 10:46:54 PM »

Here is another reason Facebook is fun...my new Facebook friend, Indian television actor Rehan Roy.

He enjoys showing us fans his newest publicity photos    8)

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #272 on: July 02, 2011, 11:30:01 PM »

Back from a local production of Avenue Q.  It was quite good, although the singing could have been better.  It was in a small theatre, using the NY puppets and what looked like part of the original set (design).  The band was ok. A friend of mine played Brian and he was great.  The gal that played Kate Monster failed to wow me with "It's a Fine, Fine Line" - so there were no tears.

Half way through Act One I realized that the ex and I saw Avenue Q in NYC exactly 5 years ago today... our first Broadway show together.  Stuff like that tugs at my heart, but the lackluster "It's a Fine Fine Line" kinda killed the emotion. 

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #273 on: July 03, 2011, 12:28:48 AM »

And now, I'm off.  I have to take a shower and get dressed to go to the movies to see "Larry Crowne" with my friend Margo and her friend Marsha.  After that, we're all going to The Olive Garden for dinner. 

Well, we all liked "Larry Crowne."  It was funny and touching but not sappy.  After the movie, dinner was quite delightful.  I had the Tour of Italy, which included fettuccine alfredo, chicken parmigiana and lasagna.  I took home the lasagna and left room in my tummy for their delicious lemon cream cake. :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #274 on: July 03, 2011, 12:44:45 AM »

I seriously almost bought either a Triple Chocolate Strata torta or a Black Tie Mousse Cake to take home with me, but I didn't.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #275 on: July 03, 2011, 12:45:09 AM »

I want to go back just for dessert...someday soon. :D
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up