Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: IT'S A LONG, LONG, LONG, LONG FILM  (Read 16386 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
IT'S A LONG, LONG, LONG, LONG FILM
« on: July 10, 2011, 12:18:16 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were the roadshow version, and now it is time for you to post until the roadshow cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: IT'S A LONG, LONG, LONG, LONG FILM
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 12:19:33 AM »

And the word of the day is: TARE!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 12:22:41 AM »

As promised, the Jason Graae early announcement - if you want a signed copy act quickly.  It's 17.98 plus 3.75 shipping (total 21.73) paid via paypal to kritzerland at adelphia dot net.

Kritzerland is pleased to announce its newest release.

JASON GRAAE
PERFECT HERMANY

Recorded live before a full house at the beautiful Colony Theatre in Burbank, Perfect Hermany is the perfect match of performer and song, as two great Js come together – Jason Graae and Jerry Herman.  Graae’s show is a delightful, hilarious, poignant, and, above all, tuneful trip down Jerry Herman lane, with songs from Herman classics like Hello, Dolly!, The Grand Tour, Mame, La Cage Aux Folles, Mack and Mabel, and Milk and Honey, along with great stories and patter.  Jason Graae has the uncanny ability to have you howling with laughter one minute and the next have you misty-eyed.  All that, and he plays the oboe.

“HOW I LOVE JASON GRAAE SINGING MY SONGS” – Jerry Herman

And what songs they are!  “I Am What I Am,” “Before The Parade Passes By,” “You’re My Best Girl,” “Tap Your Troubles Away,” “Hello, Dolly” and many others, including several from The Grand Tour, which Jason did at the Colony Theatre (he was Jerry Herman’s personal choice to play the role).

“MR. GRAAE EMERGES AS AN IRRESISTIBLE CUT-UP WHOSE SPLENDID VOICE IS MATCHED BY MISCHIEVOUS CHARISMA!” New York Times

Directed by Lee Tannen, with musical direction by John Boswell, Perfect Hermany is delighting audiences all over the country.  The CD puts you in the front row for one of the most entertaining evenings in ages.  The CD is produced by Bruce Kimmel and was recorded and mixed by John Adams.

The price of the CD is $17.98, plus shipping.

THE FIRST ONE HUNDRED COPIES ORDERED WILL BE SIGNED BY JASON GRAAE!   

Although the official street date is the third week of August, preorders placed directly through Kritzerland usually ship one to five weeks earlier (we’ve been averaging four weeks early).   To place an order, see the cover, or hear audio samples, just visit www.kritzerland.com.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2011, 12:26:50 AM »

I shot this on my iPhone right off the TV in the telecine room - it will just give you a brief idea how clean the internegative is and how accurate the color is, although this scene doesn't have much color - and remember it's just an iPhone shooting a monitor.  Scroll down to Update Two.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/679271860/the-first-nudie-musical-film-restoration-project/posts
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 12:30:37 AM by bk »

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2011, 12:52:26 AM »

I shot this on my iPhone right off the TV in the telecine room - it will just give you a brief idea how clean the internegative is and how accurate the color is, although this scene doesn't have much color - and remember it's just an iPhone shooting a monitor.  Scroll down to Update Two.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/679271860/the-first-nudie-musical-film-restoration-project/posts

That's really fantastic, BK!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2011, 12:53:14 AM »

As promised, the Jason Graae early announcement - if you want a signed copy act quickly.  It's 17.98 plus 3.75 shipping (total 21.73) paid via paypal to kritzerland at adelphia dot net.

Kritzerland is pleased to announce its newest release.

JASON GRAAE
PERFECT HERMANY

Recorded live before a full house at the beautiful Colony Theatre in Burbank, Perfect Hermany is the perfect match of performer and song, as two great Js come together – Jason Graae and Jerry Herman.  Graae’s show is a delightful, hilarious, poignant, and, above all, tuneful trip down Jerry Herman lane, with songs from Herman classics like Hello, Dolly!, The Grand Tour, Mame, La Cage Aux Folles, Mack and Mabel, and Milk and Honey, along with great stories and patter.  Jason Graae has the uncanny ability to have you howling with laughter one minute and the next have you misty-eyed.  All that, and he plays the oboe.

“HOW I LOVE JASON GRAAE SINGING MY SONGS” – Jerry Herman

And what songs they are!  “I Am What I Am,” “Before The Parade Passes By,” “You’re My Best Girl,” “Tap Your Troubles Away,” “Hello, Dolly” and many others, including several from The Grand Tour, which Jason did at the Colony Theatre (he was Jerry Herman’s personal choice to play the role).

“MR. GRAAE EMERGES AS AN IRRESISTIBLE CUT-UP WHOSE SPLENDID VOICE IS MATCHED BY MISCHIEVOUS CHARISMA!” New York Times

Directed by Lee Tannen, with musical direction by John Boswell, Perfect Hermany is delighting audiences all over the country.  The CD puts you in the front row for one of the most entertaining evenings in ages.  The CD is produced by Bruce Kimmel and was recorded and mixed by John Adams.

The price of the CD is $17.98, plus shipping.

THE FIRST ONE HUNDRED COPIES ORDERED WILL BE SIGNED BY JASON GRAAE!   

Although the official street date is the third week of August, preorders placed directly through Kritzerland usually ship one to five weeks earlier (we’ve been averaging four weeks early).   To place an order, see the cover, or hear audio samples, just visit www.kritzerland.com.

CD has been ordered!  This is great!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2011, 12:57:03 AM »

From yesterday:
Well, I just got a call from my sister's boyfriend, asking if I want to go to the Seattle Storm game tonight...actually, now.  My niece, who was going to go, can't.  The game doesn't start until 7:00, but there's so much traffic that we would have to leave fairly soon to get through it all.  So, I'm off to Seattle.

Have a good day, all!

The Storm won!  99-80.  Afterwards, we went to Silver Platters and I bought 13, count 'em, 13 used CDs...all for about $85.  And they all look practically brand new. :D

George

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2011, 12:59:49 AM »

Also from yesterday, Michael Shayne wrote this:
TOD

From the film version of The Sound of Music

Because of Julie Andrews' British accent I thought she was sing in My Favorite Things:  "When the DOOR bites" I never understood how a door could bite. It wasn't until I read a copy of the stage version did I finally know what she was saying

I thought the EXACT same thing!  "When the DOOR bites..."   I don't remember how old I was when I learned what the correct word was...long after I got out of college.

Ben

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2011, 04:02:58 AM »

Morning all.

That is all.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2011, 04:31:26 AM »

Good morming, all! No more noises from the ghost last night, and I slept quite well. I had a dream involving a musical score, a rehearsal and God alone knows what else, but it's too vague now.

I will head to Toyland very shortly and hopefully finish scanning and sending this Finale. I figure the earlier Iget there, the fewer problems I will encounter. I will check in from there.

I've ordered Jason's CD. It's nice to have a bit of money this week to play with.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2011, 04:55:19 AM »

I believe today may be Jerry Herman's birthday.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2011, 05:24:26 AM »

Good morning, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2011, 05:24:58 AM »

I believe the end is in sight on this paper. I can start to do real work again.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2011, 05:42:19 AM »

Greetings from Toyland. Another shitty day. The power is good for the nonce, but now the scanner will not feed the paper correctly. This damned copier has needed a tuneup for over two years.

KevinH

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2011, 05:50:43 AM »

Good morning.  Doing some last minute things before my flight this evening.

Michael

« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2011, 05:52:21 AM »

good morning all
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2011, 05:54:09 AM »

Will order the JG CD when I figure out which CC my paypal is attached. One was compromised and was cancelled
Never stop dreaming.

Laura

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2011, 05:55:51 AM »

Good morning. Several storms missed us last night.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Michael

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2011, 05:57:06 AM »

I had always thought it was the studio and not Stanley Krammer who edited the the film of It's A Mad.... during the initial roadshow engagement. He must be one of the few director's whose "director's cut" was really "cut" and not "expanded"!
Never stop dreaming.

Jennifer

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2011, 06:47:04 AM »

I always open the car door and pop the trunk that way. AT least by doing that it saves me from locking my keys in the trunk. Or at least if i do then the car door is already open.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2011, 06:50:49 AM »

Paper vibes for DR JOHNG
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2011, 06:51:26 AM »

The screen cap looks pretty amazing MR BK!

I guess NONE of my Facebook links broke loose any Indiana money.  :(

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2011, 06:51:51 AM »

No DR JOSE - no flow charts or colored pencils this time - I save those for the annual meeting.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2011, 06:53:08 AM »

New jeans?  And new shoes?  Whew!  Shopping can be dangerous!

AND keys locked in the trunk? 

Well.....in actuality....astrologically speaking.....Uranus turned retrograde yesterday (until early September) - so these sort of things are bound to happen....even to we Virgos.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2011, 06:53:57 AM »

Clicking "Play Video" causes IE to crash on my computer.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2011, 06:55:02 AM »

Free for all day......

As Bo Derek once told an interviewer when asked if she ever relaxed or took a break...."Well, some days I go without makeup."

And when Linda Evans was interviewed once and asked:  "Are you ever mistaken for Bo Derek?", Miss Evans replied: "Usually on days when I'm not looking my best.....and if someone asks me if I'm Bo, I just say...'yes.'"   MEOW!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2011, 06:55:31 AM »

Clicking "Play Video" causes IE to crash on my computer.

Use Safari for Windows.....it has some nice features.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2011, 07:01:32 AM »

I remember It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World being one of those films that played in downtown Indy for a LONG LONG time, maybe at the Circle Theatre.....expensive tickets....but I only saw it on TV....

Sid Caesar is not a favorite of mine......but everyone else was pretty funny....at times....and like MR BK, Ethel Merman made me laugh every time she spoke......the gas station destruction is tedious....

I like Dorothy Provine and Milton Berle, and Dick Shawn....Phil and Terry....  But the obvious stunt work is distracting.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2011, 07:02:50 AM »

BK,

After reading your comments on IT'S A MAD (4) WORLD, I'm almost embarrassed to admit this, but:

I think that the destruction of the gas station is one of the funniest sequences in the movie. 

I laugh out loud every time I see it.

::)
You can dream…or you can do.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2011, 07:06:16 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And I'm still not sure if I want to head down to the Folklife Festival in an hour or so. Probably not. But things could change.
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up